Jeff Dawson

Mon 7th Jul 2008 20:30

Hi Richard, hope this is a true story, ha!!

A bit of a diversion or perversion from your usual stuff, but nothing wrong with that!

It's brilliantly written as a conversation, cheers Jeff

Comment is about A dogger and a swinger (blog)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Jeff Dawson

Mon 7th Jul 2008 20:27

Quite spooky, not sure if I'm quite on right wavelength, but reminds me of the film 'White noise' where the spirits of people come back through TV. Probably nothing to do with that but I enjoyed it anyway Melissa, thanx Jeff x

Comment is about Standing Above Water (blog)

Janet

Mon 7th Jul 2008 20:25

Hi Richard, i'm sure by now you've realized i am a fan of your work. I can relate to this piece in several ways to parts of my own life.
I don't think the title does it justice though.
Hope you don't mind me stating my opinion here.

I feel this is a kind of eulogy, a tribute to a survivor of hard times. Someone very close to you as well.
As usual, i very much enjoyed reading your work. Janet.x

Comment is about Gift of Words (blog)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Jeff Dawson

Mon 7th Jul 2008 20:12

Great stuff Daniel, like this, have you heard "This is England" by the Clash? similar sentiment, check it out, cheers Jeff

Comment is about This is England (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Janet

Mon 7th Jul 2008 20:04

Hello Jeff. course i missed you.
and you missed one before coalminers too, i'll have you know. ( just joking.)
Been a bit busy myself lately.
Love Janet.x

Comment is about Jeffarama! (poet profile)

Original item by Jeffarama!

Jeff Dawson

Mon 7th Jul 2008 19:42

Who are ya? Hi Robbie, like this and it sounds familiar, sometimes I'm meeting myself coming back and I'm still not sure then! cheers Jeff

Comment is about I AM WHO AM I (blog)

Original item by Robbie Hurst

Jeff Dawson

Mon 7th Jul 2008 19:37

Hi Tomas, you've captured a spooky chilling, yet sweet feeling here, nice one Jeff

Comment is about The Unseen Shadow (blog)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Jeff Dawson

Mon 7th Jul 2008 19:09

Hi Pete, probably nearer than we think, good stuff cheers Jeff

Comment is about Remote control killing (blog)

Jeff Dawson

Mon 7th Jul 2008 19:06

Hi Zuzanna, lovely sentiment, I hope thanks you're well over there! Jeff

Comment is about Sweet Memories (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

clarissa mckone

Mon 7th Jul 2008 18:48

Hi Antonio, they both belong to the tri lateral commision. Both for keeping the federal reserve.They both dont want to uphold the laws of this country.They both support mass illegal migration to this country, because of this they undermine the ablitity of people to get a paying wage for work. They allso create a sub class of modern slaves, that live off the taxes of the rest, and work and live in sub standard conditions. They are createing a class war of un imaginable size. Kennedy tried to get rid of the federal reserve and was killed, the bill still stands unratified.They are both for globalization and the forced blending of three countrys, called NAFTA.
As for war ,more Americans have been killed along and near the border then in the 2 wars going on.There is a large group of illegals that have entered this country, that have an agenda called Aztlan, they are under educated and miss guided and violent.MS-13 the largest gang world wide and very violent, the original ones I believe were revolutionaries from El Salvador, have taken over large areas and are running illegal business and kill many.As long as you can run across the border and squat and push a baby out and become instant citizens, and get free health care and loans for homes and credit cards and free food etc, they will continue to cripple the economy. This free stuff is given almost exclusivly to them, thus creating more enmity and class problems with in society.Mccain will keep wars going, my bet is Obama wont be able to change that, even if elected.Obama will try and bring in socialized medicin, that will become a huge tax burden.WE are already in such debt that not any of them can make it right.With in the next 10 years 50% of the populace will retire and become pensioners. With no money to pay them, because of all the money going to pay foreign debt and keep the illegals in all their free stuff. Illegals dont pay taxes on wages. They send almost all their money back to Mexico. Next to oil in mexico the 2nd most money making business is american money mailed in.There are serious problems with either man in office.Neither man are true christians. Its easy to talk and make promises while running for office, its another to keep your word.The dollar will continue to fall, no matter who wins. ah I have gone on to long, sorry Antonio. But I think you can see a picture, its so broken, America the broken and its not going to be an easy fix.

Comment is about Freedom's yoke (blog)

Shirley Collinge

Mon 7th Jul 2008 18:38

And what a gift! Very thought proving and powerful.

Comment is about Gift of Words (blog)

Original item by Richard Brooks

David Franks

Mon 7th Jul 2008 13:22

Thanks for your visits and comment, Val, and I too have enjoyed your trad. verses. Also, good luck with your children's book; and, as you may have noticed, quite a few of my Walkabouts/day-trips began at Bolton train station.

Comment is about Valerie Cook (poet profile)

Original item by Valerie Cook

clarissa mckone

Mon 7th Jul 2008 02:47

Wow Peter, I know you have a thing for red lips.Im left feeling sorry for this girl, not sure why. You know , you can go to
and at the bottom you can see all the shades of red. Some are natural looking, others seem to me, very fake, in real life almost no female has red lips, not true red any way. its such a cold color to me, a raisin seems more natural. great write.

Comment is about Vermillion (blog)

clarissa mckone

Mon 7th Jul 2008 02:37

Nice poem Peter,That poor place has been at war for so long I bet they dont know any other way. Im not sure if I pitty the taliban, or any extreem religion, or country. On a personal level i feel bad for people caught in the middle of it, that are not on either side. But a gun in hand makes it a fair fight, a bomb up a long dress, makes it a fair fight and a possible target. I read about some issues that go as far back as the 50s, and governments medling from all over, making promises and dumping them and then supplying one side with weapons, its a mess and Im glad that on a personal note I was not part of any of it.Its tragic, the hole world is a sick trash scum dump of a place. good write

Comment is about a Taliban's Tigris (blog)

clarissa mckone

Mon 7th Jul 2008 02:28

HI Peter, So true, there is a place in Colorado, I have read and seen a show about. Yes remote control planes, I wrote a poem on that a while back, guess you missed it. If they can rid themselves of people, they can make more money. I see that some day it could be programed , no need of humans at all.The world is a sick shit hole, run by the rich few scum bags.good poem

Comment is about Remote control killing (blog)

clarissa mckone

Mon 7th Jul 2008 02:24

HI Antonio, nice poem. The 4th this year was very quiet, not like all the years before. I live near fireing ranges and hear more and more people at practice. The media would like to keep it under wraps, they and the government would like for all of us to be complacent and stupid. The word is out and the streets are alive, its a matter of time, before the liers time will be up. The election will not matter, both front runners are one and the same, belong to the same clubs, many are fooled, but for how long? I hear a revolution in the future. thanks

Comment is about Freedom's yoke (blog)

Robbie Hurst

Sun 6th Jul 2008 23:15

Thanks very much

Comment is about I AM WHO AM I (blog)

Original item by Robbie Hurst

Shirley Collinge

Sun 6th Jul 2008 22:57

Many of us can relate to this poem, I am sure. Wonderful!

Comment is about I AM WHO AM I (blog)

Original item by Robbie Hurst

Shirley Collinge

Sun 6th Jul 2008 22:54

This is great!

Comment is about This is England (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Mysty Brett

Sun 6th Jul 2008 14:57

Val, my favourite of yours is Broken Heart. It so acurately, acutely, exactly describes the experience of having one to me. I suspect practically everyone who has ever had their heart broken - especially by a true love - could relate to it.
My second favourite poem of yours above is The Ocean. I love the seas so much and like you am so horrified by what's happening to them. I try not to worry about it. My favourite present-day artist is Christian Reise Lassen. I wonder are you familiar with him - he paints idealised and often fantasy ocean scenes based on the beauty of the Hawai beaches and ocean, especially Maui, where he's lived since childhood. As well as producing the dreamiest and most swoonworthy art, he also is a concerned environmentalist who strives to protect and heal the oceans. (http://www.lassenart.com/)

Comment is about Valerie Cook (poet profile)

Original item by Valerie Cook

Janet

Sun 6th Jul 2008 10:54

Ditto!!

Comment is about Doctor, my eyes (blog)

darren thomas

Sun 6th Jul 2008 09:50

Hi Antontononi...and thanks for reminding me about some of the reason why I don't watch television!
Ladies tennis is not the same since Tim Henman retired.

Comment is about Doctor, my eyes (blog)

garside

Sun 6th Jul 2008 09:13

great shots - must remember to shave next time...

Comment is about Cayn White dunks his biscuit at Stubbing Wharf, Hebden Bridge July 2008 (photo)

Mysty Brett

Sun 6th Jul 2008 00:22

Hi Val. I'm deeply moved by your poetry. I prefer poetry which expresses emotion and emotional experiences as well as technical skill - like yours. all the best, Mary

Comment is about Valerie Cook (poet profile)

Original item by Valerie Cook

Mysty Brett

Sun 6th Jul 2008 00:00

Hi Kylyra,

I just found you here after we e-met earlier on Facebook. Your above poems are amazing!!! I will check out your work elsewhere on the web.

smiles,

Mary

Comment is about Kylyra Ameringer (poet profile)

Original item by Kylyra Ameringer

Mysty Brett

Sat 5th Jul 2008 14:12

Hi Gemma. All the above are strong poems you know, but the Grandma one stands out so much for me personally, and I really love it. It's so evocative of a really fun grandma, and also of past eras ideas of glamor that many a grannie would have resonated with, although, not many would have emulated like the inspired and inspiring grandma of the poem. If it's really about your grandma I expect she feels really flattered!!

Comment is about Gemma Lees (poet profile)

Original item by Gemma Lees

Mysty Brett

Sat 5th Jul 2008 13:52

oh that is very moving to me, a really poignant happening which many have had touch their lives, (including me), which you have deeply, skilfully captured in verse. I love this poem! Thanks for sharing it.

Comment is about The Unseen Shadow (blog)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Janet

Sat 5th Jul 2008 13:44

I'm sure this a question most of us has asked at one time or another.
It's recognizing the answer that's the problem!
Very good thought provoking poem, short and to the point.
Janet.xx

Comment is about I AM WHO AM I (blog)

Original item by Robbie Hurst

Janet

Sat 5th Jul 2008 13:40

Hi Antonioni, good analogy in this poem, relating to the state of country and freedom for all across the board of life.
Very philosophical too.
Love Janet.xx

Comment is about Freedom's yoke (blog)

Janet

Sat 5th Jul 2008 13:27

I see this kind of thing on a daily basis and i very much enjoyed your description.
Thankyou Tomas.x

Comment is about The Unseen Shadow (blog)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

David Franks

Sat 5th Jul 2008 10:38

Just enjoyed your "God's got my back", Sarah; and I'll keep a lookout for more...

Comment is about Sarah Clark (poet profile)

Original item by Sarah Clark

Sandre Clays

Sat 5th Jul 2008 09:10

Freedom's Yoke is a very apt title and rhymes beautifully with Mugabi's a joke, and not a very funny one at that.

A nicely crafted poem.

Comment is about Freedom's yoke (blog)

Sandre Clays

Fri 4th Jul 2008 22:42

In the words of the immortals

I love you all

Comment is about The Homecoming (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Sandre Clays

Fri 4th Jul 2008 22:41

Comment is about The Homecoming (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Sandre Clays

Fri 4th Jul 2008 21:29

Oh guys, you are such lovely, lovely people.
thankyou for your comments.
My Mum and
dad do the best they can.

Comment is about The Homecoming (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Sandre Clays

Fri 4th Jul 2008 21:29

Oh guys, you are such lovely, lovely people.
thankyou for your comments.
My Mum and
dad do the best they can.

Comment is about The Homecoming (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Shirley Collinge

Fri 4th Jul 2008 19:29

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your nice comment and for taking the time to read my poem. 'The Modest Rapper' is brilliant. I love the pace. Just reading your poem makes me happy. Fantastic!!

Sincerely Shirley

Comment is about Tim Linton (poet profile)

Original item by Tim Linton

Tim Linton

Fri 4th Jul 2008 18:21

that Raymond Baxter, he lied to us. Enjoyed your poem.

Comment is about this was supposed to be the future! (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Fri 4th Jul 2008 16:04

Loved the lift poem!!!

Comment is about Cath Nichols (poet profile)

Original item by Cath Nichols

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Fri 4th Jul 2008 16:01

I guess you turned her off women for life. You could snog me though!! ;-)

Comment is about Laura King (The Poet Laura-eate) (poet profile)

Original item by Laura King (The Poet Laura-eate)

darren thomas

Fri 4th Jul 2008 14:56

I don't know what it is Sandré, but the words you use, and their syntax, always slows my reading right down. To a pace that the piece should be read at to appreciate all its beauty.
A fine skill to cherish.

Comment is about The Homecoming (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Melanie Rees

Fri 4th Jul 2008 13:35

Fantastic poem, love the rhyme and rhythm of the verses

Comment is about The NHS at 60 (blog)

Melanie Rees

Fri 4th Jul 2008 13:31

Lovely Zuzanna and thank you for your lovely comment. Always appreciated.

Mel
x

Comment is about Sweet Memories (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Bethan Townsend

Fri 4th Jul 2008 12:58

Thanks for the advice :) I might appear for a watch in the next couple of weeks

Comment is about Entry...I'm not sure why (blog)

<Deleted User> (4496)

Fri 4th Jul 2008 12:02

Nice idea to do some Black and White shots, or conversions. Very suitable for 'portraits' of readers, not least when lighting conditions are problematic.

garside

Fri 4th Jul 2008 11:36

'The sycophants to colonel killing'

like that line very much Pete

and good to meet you

Comment is about Remote control killing (blog)

Chuka Nnanna Okeke

Fri 4th Jul 2008 11:13

Congratulations! You really making waves all around the planet. Make more steps ,and I think this is your best bet.

Comment is about Nefertiti (poet profile)

Original item by Nefertiti

Janet

Fri 4th Jul 2008 11:00

Well said Antonionioni, you can't emigrate.
We need you here!!

Comment is about The NHS at 60 (blog)

Janet

Fri 4th Jul 2008 10:56

What a lovely tale of patience being rewarded.
Stray cats usually choose their new guardians but sometimes need a little coaxing.
It reminds of an auntie who had a cat and dog which fought, well, like cat and dog.
Then the cat had kittens, the dog went all maternal and used to help clean them. This also is a true story.
Thanks for recalling that memory for me, my seventh smile of the morning. xx

Comment is about The Homecoming (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Janet

Fri 4th Jul 2008 10:44

Hi Bethan, i've only been to 2 of the live open-mic gigs myself but the people really are a very friendly, non judgemental lot who'll give you all the encouragement you need to get up on your feet and read some poetry.
It really doesn't matter what you read, remember, those who've performed at lots of gigs have a clear idea of the image they want to project but even they get nervous when they attempt something different to their usual style.

As Steve suggests, take a look at the gig guide, it allows you to type in what's going on in your area. Good luck and keep writing, it reads well.
Janet.x

Comment is about Entry...I'm not sure why (blog)

◄ Prev123 … 216 … 432 … 648 … 864 … 1080 … 1296 … 1512 … 1728 … 1944 … 21012102210321042105 … 215321542155Next ►