Sun 10th Dec 2017 13:44

Rich? Jemima, don't make me laugh. If it sounds like someone else's work, it is pure coincidence. The thoughts themselves are free to all.

Comment is about Jemima Jones (poet profile)

Original item by Jemima Jones

John Marks

Sun 10th Dec 2017 11:34

Thank you MC.

What I wish to know is what happened to the London chop-houses?

I journeyed to London, to the timekept City,
Where the River flows, with foreign flotations.
There I was told: we have too many churches,
And too few chop-houses.

T.S. ELIOT, The Rock

Comment is about Glimpse (blog)

Original item by John Marks

john short

Sun 10th Dec 2017 09:50

Stu, thanks for your appreciation. Seems I never stop tinkering with this poem and have changed a couple of words even just typing it into my blog.

Comment is about SALAMANDER (blog)

Original item by john short

John Turner

Sun 10th Dec 2017 08:53

Hi Laura,

Well, you knew me.... but I never knew myself: still learning. Perhaps you're the Messenger person who taught be about the depth of blue - I recall that.

Comment is about Letting Go of the Lotus Flower (14\\2/10) (blog)

Original item by John Turner

Colin Hill

Sun 10th Dec 2017 08:20

brilliant Louis - love it!

Comment is about First dates (blog)

Original item by Louis Audet

kJ Walker

Sun 10th Dec 2017 07:21

Keep speaking your mind Wendy.
I don't always agree with everything you say, but i always admire you for having the courage to say it.

Cheers Kevin

Comment is about The Penine Way (blog)

Original item by Wendy Higson

Tina Glover

Sun 10th Dec 2017 06:28

Thank you dear Patrick you are a nice person with a kind soul bless you for your support πŸ˜Šβ˜ΊοΈπŸ˜€

Comment is about Dairy Of The Southern Queen Entry #14 {My Story} (blog)

Original item by Tina Glover

Sarah Mae

Sun 10th Dec 2017 02:28

Heart warming

Comment is about Angel (blog)

Original item by Nicola Byrnes

patrick D Ortiz

Sun 10th Dec 2017 01:18

I will always support you in any way that I can .. always

Comment is about Dairy Of The Southern Queen Entry #14 {My Story} (blog)

Original item by Tina Glover

Sun 10th Dec 2017 00:57

A timely reminder of how vital love is at all levels of life.
The reference to the small gestures is spot on.

Comment is about Glimpse (blog)

Original item by John Marks

Ria Richardson

Sun 10th Dec 2017 00:17

Perfectly written

Comment is about R.T.U. (blog)

Original item by Duncan McKenzie Ross

Ria Richardson

Sun 10th Dec 2017 00:15

I love this

Comment is about Intruder (blog)

Original item by DESMOND CHILDS

Sat 9th Dec 2017 23:55

Hi Ray - thanks for the comment on my blog. I do believe
there's a place for cynicism - purely on the grounds that
I also believe that "cynicism is the last resort of idealism".

Comment is about ray pool (poet profile)

Original item by ray pool

Sat 9th Dec 2017 23:38

Thanks, Leon. But I've never believed that "others" have the monopoly of shite ideas. We all do.

Comment is about GOD BLESS YE MERRIE BREXIT MEN (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Natalie Rupik

Sat 9th Dec 2017 23:25

this is beautiful but so sad

Comment is about Integrated (blog)

Original item by Aishah

Sat 9th Dec 2017 22:23

Thanks to all who commented or liked "in those days".

I just wish I could capture and bottle 1oz of those lovely days when the world was a bigger place and there was still wonder in the simplest of discoveries.

Many thanks,

Graham

Comment is about In those days (blog)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

patrick D Ortiz

Sat 9th Dec 2017 22:22

caring and loving thoughts here, and it such the way that you are..

Comment is about Angel (blog)

Original item by Nicola Byrnes

DESMOND CHILDS

Sat 9th Dec 2017 22:16

Hi Ray,
A very slippery nature of a subject,and as you say we can indulge
So I think you I and Stu should get our coats on and nip over to the hadron collider and see if they will shoot us round a few times and see what happens. Cynthia,Rose,CπŸ˜ƒl and Fred welcome too. lol

Comment is about Poem of a moment (blog)

Original item by DESMOND CHILDS

Beno

Sat 9th Dec 2017 22:13

Really resonated with me this poem. Thank you. Beno.

Comment is about Touch (blog)

Original item by Sarah Mae

Miranda Fegan

Sat 9th Dec 2017 22:05

Just wanted to thank you for your lovely comment on my poem Snow Day. I appreciate how concise you were in why you liked it; it's not something we get every day and it's helpful when building one's talent.

πŸ’•
Mira

Comment is about Connor Lannes (poet profile)

Original item by Connor Lannes

Wolfgar Miere

Sat 9th Dec 2017 21:39

Sadly familiar story, although the drunks are sometimes friendlier than the cops.

Comment is about R.T.U. (blog)

Original item by Duncan McKenzie Ross

Wolfgar Miere

Sat 9th Dec 2017 21:26

Thanks Hannah, Stu and Ray.

I am fond of the gothic. Also quite interested in that period of time when Laudanum was widely in use.

It's a strange thing that can get under the skin, when I was in Kandahar I lived in a compound next to a small US military unit that were growing their own weed drying it out in the compound and smoking it, I was working on a drugs eradication program, which was strange.

In June 2016 two of my colleagues, both former British servicemen OD'd on heroin in their accommodation in a Kabul compound, I was second on the scene to find them.

This pattern of behaviour put me in mind of the history of many soldiers returning from previous Afghan wars, and it goes on. Some places get into the blood, quite literally.

Any way it all feeds into a general feeling of helplessness.

David X

Comment is about Hallucinogens and Conversions (how junkies find god) (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Julian (Admin)

Sat 9th Dec 2017 21:22

Sounds as though it more than soldiered on, becoming one of those "you should have been there events". Well done Mssrs Spoz, Doyle and McGonigal.

Comment is about Brenda's body rub to the rescue in injury time at Licensed to Rhyme (article)

Big Sal

Sat 9th Dec 2017 19:01

Great imagery for a subject such as this. Blue eggs, blue birds, blue roses, blue skies, everything fits together so well. Great poem.

Comment is about The Robin (blog)

Original item by Mike Bartram

Big Sal

Sat 9th Dec 2017 18:58

Sometimes things that are the most difficult to attain are also worth the most. Peace of mind is priceless. Good poem here.

Comment is about Let that go.. (blog)

Original item by Shruti

Nicola Beckett

Sat 9th Dec 2017 18:58

Beautiful Patrick, you are the sunrise and I am your sky Xx

Comment is about The peeling poem / the corner of the sky poems (blog)

Original item by david patrick simon

Beno

Sat 9th Dec 2017 18:07

I enjoyed this poem very much. It was full of rich nostalgic images. Some of the things I remember doing myself.
There was a line I found very sad. When you said you had not noticed today's children doing the same. It is very true.
I try to get my kids to enjoy being outside and try to give them as much freedom as I can.
Summer just gone I built them a go-cart from pram wheels. Every kid who saw it wanted a go. Every adult remembered instantly their childhood.
I wonder if today's kids will remember playing with their xboxes with the same magical way?
Beno.

Comment is about In those days (blog)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Rich

Sat 9th Dec 2017 17:00

well put.

Comment is about Integrated (blog)

Original item by Aishah

LEON STOLGARD

Sat 9th Dec 2017 16:37

John their ideas are such stuff that shite is made of.Enjoyed the spoofer

Comment is about GOD BLESS YE MERRIE BREXIT MEN (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Ryn

Sat 9th Dec 2017 15:50

once again lovely! so glad to get to read you once again!

With love,
Ryn

Comment is about Kenny And Arthur (blog)

Original item by Hannah Collins

Stu Buck

Sat 9th Dec 2017 14:25

its llangollen ray, a beautiful area and lovely railway. i used to live near pickering in yorkshire too, another cracker.

Comment is about STEAM DREAMS (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Sat 9th Dec 2017 14:13

Impressively different and challenging Des. In view of the slippery nature of the subject we can be indulged endlessly which gives it a certain charm and relevance to other kindred matters. Blimey, i'll get me coat!

Ray

Comment is about Poem of a moment (blog)

Original item by DESMOND CHILDS

Chris Armstrong

Sat 9th Dec 2017 14:12

Well, I hope so! Although generations tend to spread geographically more than 50 or 60 years ago! But when my sons were still at home we virtually always ate around the table - its such a cosy time to catch up!

Comment is about Lunch with my Grandmother (blog)

Original item by Chris Armstrong

Sat 9th Dec 2017 14:10

Quite amazing how you can conjure up such deep implications seemingly effortlessly . There is a price to be paid I know! The word laudanum brings to mind so much of the gothic vapours and aspidistra shadows in fluted blue bottles . I love this poem, really so accomplished. It has me thinking of starving and isolated seers who "discovered" inspirational delusions.

Ray

Comment is about Hallucinogens and Conversions (how junkies find god) (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Sat 9th Dec 2017 14:03

Here is the hijacking of a genuine humanitarianism by the commercial wizards who know every trick in the book - well expressed Jennifer. I like the comparison you make with the biblical concept of giving. Where did we go wrong? Much of what we celebrate at Xmas goes to landfill - another problem!

Ray

Comment is about Christmas (blog)

Original item by jennifer Malden

Sat 9th Dec 2017 13:58

The penalties of loving pets is that final visit to the vets Rose. The sad thing is that they can never say goodbye .

Ray

Comment is about passing the vets (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Sat 9th Dec 2017 13:52

HI Rose. I'm glad this ticked a box for you - no reason why ladies shouldn't equally enjoy being transported back to nostalgic times! My parents never owned a car so went everywhere by train; magic times. Blackpool saw big crowds coming by train (still open), again before cars. Just think, no car parking fees then! I'll check out Ted Nugent ....
Thanks for responding.

Thanks Hannah, appreciated. I might follow this up the nostalgia trail with one in a similar vein ....

Yes Leon. They do pack quite a punch - back in the day they were rather sad and dirty and leaking in the sixties(a bit like me now). Thanks mate.

Stu very pleased you like this. I am thinking you might be referring to the Llandudno branch or is it Wrexham?
I love railway poetry especially Adlestrop. How lucky to be close to such treasures! All the best to you.

Thanks also, Beno, Col and David. Appreciated.

Dream on everyone. Ray

Comment is about STEAM DREAMS (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Nigel Astell

Sat 9th Dec 2017 13:33

Sack full of poems
to be let loose
at Oldknow in Marple
by the merry poets
of Write Out Loud
posters with festive details
posted all over town!

Comment is about Oldknow Xmas Poster (blog)

Original item by Stockport WoL

Stu Buck

Sat 9th Dec 2017 13:12

tense and off-putting (in a good way). like watching a david lynch film with chinese subtitles

Comment is about consumption (12/01/2017) (blog)

Original item by Zach Dafoe

Stu Buck

Sat 9th Dec 2017 13:11

intense summer nights. how lovely ray, i am but a slip of a man compared to thee, but i too love the steam railway near my house and can feel the sun on the nape of my neck as i read this.

Comment is about STEAM DREAMS (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Stu Buck

Sat 9th Dec 2017 13:10

science and poetry collide, as if shot together in the large hadron collider, creating something beautiful and crisp.

Comment is about Poem of a moment (blog)

Original item by DESMOND CHILDS

Stu Buck

Sat 9th Dec 2017 13:09

cracking david. as if lewis carroll tried to rewrite genesis.

Comment is about Hallucinogens and Conversions (how junkies find god) (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Stu Buck

Sat 9th Dec 2017 13:08

such effortless writing laura, the transition from line two to three is beautiful.

Comment is about The Final Haiku (blog)

Original item by Laura Taylor

Stu Buck

Sat 9th Dec 2017 13:06

atmosphere so thick i could spread it on my toast and devour it. great piece of writing graham as ever.

Comment is about In those days (blog)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Stu Buck

Sat 9th Dec 2017 13:04

lovely meowku

Comment is about Lucky (blog)

Original item by Shirley Smothers

Stu Buck

Sat 9th Dec 2017 13:04

john this is outstanding work. just beautiful.

Comment is about SALAMANDER (blog)

Original item by john short

Jonathan Humble

Sat 9th Dec 2017 11:55

Great collection. I love 'My People' and 'In Praise Of Arguing'. Kim runs a brilliant group of young poets (Dove Cottage Young Poets) and the Kendal Poetry Festival she organises with Po Yarwood goes from strength to strength.
: )

Comment is about Kim Moore's debut collection wins Geoffrey Faber prize (article)

Sat 9th Dec 2017 11:15

HI Mark . Re my first comment to you re Mr Khan's motives: cynicism is perhaps a too barbed word and not in keeping with the impression I have of you - so please overlook this please - got carried away!

Ray

Comment is about THE LAST NOEL (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Sat 9th Dec 2017 11:12

HI Mark . I just wanted to retract my claim on a recent post about Your "cynicism being intact" re Sadiq Khan. I didn't wish to imply that your approach to life is cynical, in fact you have a shrewd observational skill, which may include elements of cynicism as in that case. It's hard to all things to all men, and I try to be lively and immediate in replying to comments, and to broaden contexts. So, please take this as a one-off. I would hate to think you got the wrong idea!

Have a good Christmas and vive les comments.

Ray

Comment is about M.C. Newberry (poet profile)

Original item by M.C. Newberry

Sat 9th Dec 2017 09:17

Thanks, Fred. Although it does reflect my own views on Brexit I do adopt a blunderbuss approach to parody. I've posted proBrexit stuff, anti-Conservative, anti-Labour, anti-Corbyn, anti-May etc. If they're stood up, they're fair game.

Comment is about GOD BLESS YE MERRIE BREXIT MEN (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

◄ Prev12345 … 211 … 422 … 633 … 844 … 1055 … 1266 … 1477 … 1688 … 1899 … 210521062107Next ►