nick armbrister

Fri 23rd Feb 2018 08:18

thanx mate just an idle ramble written while bored in my job lol

Comment is about to what (blog)

Original item by NICK ARMBRISTER

Colin Hill

Fri 23rd Feb 2018 08:15

thanks Martin - quite scary getting caught in one but not as bad as some severe weather occurrences which thankfully didn't cross my path. These things happen so fast it's not surprising people get caught out. I remember driving on a busy highway, west Florida somewhere, and watching a storm cloud tracking parallel to the road. Eventually we came together and for a while day turned to night and I was crouched over the steering wheel wondering where on earth all the other cars and lorries had gone. Cheers. Col.

thanks for liking David T-J.

Comment is about as if from water cannons at a riot (blog)

Original item by Colin Hill

Brian Maryon

Fri 23rd Feb 2018 07:56

Thanks for comment Wolfgar. It's all about perception isn't it?

Comment is about Not Tripoli. Not Gaza. (blog)

Original item by Brian Maryon

Wolfgar Miere

Fri 23rd Feb 2018 04:37

Thank you Keith and Hannah.

The more observant might have noticed how I feed off my anger, it is a fine thing and as Mr John Lydon famously said "anger is an energy" it can be utilized to good and bad effects.

I think It's about learning how to refine, hone and channel it and then not to let it blow-back and destroy you that matters, that is where its true power lies. There is immense power to be drained from its reservoir if it can be somehow harnessed.

Hannah, thank you for your comments and compliments. Very much appreciated.

David.

Comment is about Soap (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Wolfgar Miere

Fri 23rd Feb 2018 04:31

Just lovely really, feels like something which is over never to be revisited, and the calmness which settles around that feeling, maybe contentment with a hint of regret.

David.

Comment is about Cyclades (blog)

Original item by Tom Harding

Wolfgar Miere

Fri 23rd Feb 2018 04:22

Lovely poem, funny and rebelliously vengeful to my mind.

A girl should never listen to her mother, she'd never have any fun or learn anything worth knowing.

David.

Comment is about No Mercy. (blog)

Original item by Pat Hughes

Wolfgar Miere

Fri 23rd Feb 2018 04:16

I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to, not in the slightest.

Personally, curiosity and not trusting anything anyone else tells me about shit that's happening always gets the better of me. Though I have never been to Tripoli (The Libyan one that is)

All I would add is that there are quite a few towns in Europe which I would be less inclined to walk through than others, though the reasons may on occasion be related to other territories.

To say that you "can" walk safely in any European town is a heck of an assumption. Walking through Gaza you are probably as likely to get hit by an Israeli airstrike as anything else untoward happening to you, many of the locals would be extremely grateful that someone from the outside has come to see them.

Evil lurks everywhere it has no exclusivity.

David.

Comment is about Not Tripoli. Not Gaza. (blog)

Original item by Brian Maryon

Wolfgar Miere

Fri 23rd Feb 2018 04:12

This is a very enticing piece Ray,

I don't know quite what to make of it but it has me thinking of an obituary to Billy Graham.

Thanks for the mind prod.

David.

Comment is about RHAPSODY FOR A DEAD REPTILE (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Wolfgar Miere

Fri 23rd Feb 2018 04:03

Hi Hannah,

a really well observed piece of writing.

Maybe men crying is something they learn with time, that it isn't weakness to do so, maybe its getting to a point where they no longer care what others may think that helps them to release.

There are of course men who say they never cry and that it is weakness, that's fine I am sure they are happy with that, but unless they have something psychologically wrong with themselves I doubt the truth of their claims.

The fact you write about recent happenings such as men crying for the loss of their inner child etc, is interesting, is it easier for them to cry like this or to have empathy and cry for another's sorrow? I suppose it depends on how open the person is to acknowledging the hurt of others.

I have lived among men who have witnessed violent and sudden loss of friends, in those cases men comfort each other as brothers and tears are nothing to be ashamed of.

Still, its a very effective piece of writing with impact.

David.

Comment is about Men Can Cry Now (blog)

Original item by Hannah Collins

Pat Hughes

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 23:29

Thank you Martin.
The joys of childhood eh?

Comment is about No Mercy. (blog)

Original item by Pat Hughes

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 23:06

Love the analogy of water cannons. I can just imagine it being that bad. like going through a huge water puddle and a car being totally immersed.
Great imagery Col

Comment is about as if from water cannons at a riot (blog)

Original item by Colin Hill

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 23:01

yes I can remember nuns chastising everybody at school for the unforgivable sin. fantastic poem Pat
Nice one

Comment is about No Mercy. (blog)

Original item by Pat Hughes

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:56

Love the comparison between a religious form of communion and what we see and feel in life .
great stuff

Comment is about Cyclades (blog)

Original item by Tom Harding

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:54

It starts off so well ray with that lovely word Rapscallion and just goes on in a like minded vine. Love the whole piece
Marvellous

Comment is about RHAPSODY FOR A DEAD REPTILE (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:48

I think Keith is right in that it has an almost mystical quality about it. Wonderfully put as usual Ian.
Love it
I am intrigued to know where the accompanying picture is of.
Nice one mate

Comment is about Sacred Path (blog)

Original item by Ian Whiteley

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:45

This has the feel of a folk song about it in that it bounces along quite nicely together with the well chosen words you have used.
Nice one Adam

Comment is about Quilling (blog)

Original item by Adam Whitworth

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:42

Nicely put together and frame in just a few words. something of which I could learn about
Nice one

Comment is about ongoing futility of questioning finality (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:40

A really beautiful poem , a joy to read . Certainly making me feel at peace and rest. So much beautiful imagery I am almost finding myself on the back of a hay cart being carried along by these words.
I also love the word jouncing.
Wonderful stuff

Comment is about Pastoral (blog)

Original item by Chris Armstrong

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:36

you are so right with this poem that men can actually more readily cry about something that is real other than their football team losing or being sent down a division. It was something my fathers generation would never want to be seen doing or admit to.
One of the few times I witnessed him cry was when My wife and I and kids turned up on his doorstep on his eight birthday without any foreknowledge.
Well said Hannah
A great poem

Comment is about Men Can Cry Now (blog)

Original item by Hannah Collins

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:36

Martin sir
well said sir
re your comments etc
re my work etc
yours etc
Tommy etc.

Ps etc.

Tommy ;- )
x

Comment is about Martin Elder (poet profile)

Original item by Martin Elder

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:36

Really excellent Ian. It has a long view and a gentle warmth to it - an allegory of the death of a close one I should say. Highly affecting stuff. Very distinctively written.

Ray

Comment is about Sacred Path (blog)

Original item by Ian Whiteley

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:31

I love that this poem continues to ask questions , prompting the reader to think rather than take for granted anything.

Comment is about to what (blog)

Original item by NICK ARMBRISTER

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:31

A sense of frustration and isolation from the expected glories of creativity, is what I read here Stu. Beautifully and poignantly presented, a sort of rictus .

Ray

Comment is about dramamine blues (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:28

I love the style of Shakespeare's work reflected here. Leaves me wanting more of the same
Nice ene

Comment is about Creating Another Shakespearean Tragedy (blog)

Original item by 220August

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:28

This poem has really hit the spot Hannah. Superb. There's a strength of purpose and delivery about it which is riveting. I feel at the end you are saying that men have kept their distance emotionally from themselves and therefore too commonly also to women, not reaching out on that emotional level that is so important. If so, I totally agree with you.

Ray

Comment is about Men Can Cry Now (blog)

Original item by Hannah Collins

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 22:25

There is so much detail just in these few lines in which you say much. Wonderful stuff here Stu. It also appeals to my melancholic side of my nature.
I also love the sense that there is an inevitability portrayed here.
Fabulous

Comment is about dramamine blues (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

Ria Richardson

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 20:54

Perfect ❤️

Comment is about The ending time / the nowhere poems (blog)

Original item by david patrick simon

Ria Richardson

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 20:52

Adore it ❤️

Comment is about Open eyes 1/ the nowhere poems (blog)

Original item by david patrick simon

Ria Richardson

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 20:50

Comment is about Lips Lock (blog)

Original item by Ria Richardson

patrick D Ortiz

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 20:14

I understand I truly do..good write...

Comment is about Lips Lock (blog)

Original item by Ria Richardson

220August

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 20:06

Society creates the monster then kills the monster when it misbehaves, acting as monsters do. Then wipes it's hands of it.

After reading "Savage Continent" - Think we are all capable of monstrous acts. Did Thomas Pain write in Common Sense - First we have society, that because we can't govern ourselves has to create this monster government" (Something like that. Perhaps it was Thoreau)? When Rome fell there was about 1000 years of barbarianism. After Germany fell allies were not kind - "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely." - Lord Acton. Humans require nothing from demons for inspiration...

Been reading through your work. It's been a pleasure.

Comment is about power play (blog)

Original item by jan oskar hansen

Nyanjiru Wambugu

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 18:39

Great poem....great rhyme😘 too

Comment is about Brian Maryon (poet profile)

Original item by Brian Maryon

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 18:33

Wow, what a subject. I've read it through twice now and still don't know what to say. I'm going to have to consider this and return. Bloody hell Hannah Collins!

Comment is about Men Can Cry Now (blog)

Original item by Hannah Collins

Riya Jain

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 17:30

Beautiful, it expresses how lovers may feel when they are distressed.

Also read: www.skrible.weebly.com for similar content!

Comment is about A Open Letter For A Firefire (blog)

Original item by Damon Blackery

Hannah Collins

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 16:44

I see this poem as a critique on the way certain TV news channels report atrocities as if they are a soap.
Sticking the microphone into the face of a person that wasn't even there and then wowing the fact that they hadn't been there but soon growing bored with him.
Then someone drops a pen on the floor and the reporter dives under the table, scared but for a moment making news themselves,
Love your writing.

Hannah

Comment is about Soap (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Hannah Collins

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 16:28

Strong words that ring so true.

Hannah

Comment is about Abandoned children (blog)

Original item by 220August

Hannah Collins

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 16:25

Beautiful poem.

Hannah

Comment is about Sacred Path (blog)

Original item by Ian Whiteley

Hannah Collins

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 16:22

Sad, very moving.

Hannah

Comment is about Goodbye (blog)

Original item by Vanessa Grosz

Raj Ferds

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 12:01

Wonderful theme and beautifully constructed P&S.
I live the blissful transition.

Raj

Comment is about ongoing futility of questioning finality (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 11:33

an entertaining set of comments guys ta muchly to you all along with Ruby and Pat.

P&S xx

Comment is about Neglected garden (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 11:29

thank's guys and also for the info JJ we'll have to have a look see.

P&S xx

Comment is about Haiku; Resin trap (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 11:26

you are not wrong Jems regarding Harry

cheers

P&S xx

Comment is about To you on the highest stage (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 11:22

join the club JJ and thanks.

Patricia x

Comment is about Farm girl (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

keith jeffries

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 09:20

Ian,

Thank you for this poem which will speak to many but in different ways. It has a mystical quality which gives hope in a gentle but clear way.

Keith

Comment is about Sacred Path (blog)

Original item by Ian Whiteley

patrick D Ortiz

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 01:52

Agree agree agree ...

Comment is about Survival (blog)

Original item by Tina Glover

patrick D Ortiz

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 01:48

Great to hear from you hope all is well...

Comment is about This day / the nowhere poems (blog)

Original item by david patrick simon

Ian Whiteley

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 00:28

Thanks for commenting on the 'amerikkkan trilogy v 2.0) glad you liked 'no.3' - I've posted each part previously as stand alone poems - but thought I'd repost the lot as the music version.
Thanks for taking the time to comment
Peace & Love
Ian

Comment is about 220August (poet profile)

Original item by 220August

Ian Whiteley

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 00:27

Thanks for the kind comments on 'the trilogy' Martin - I've been away a while - somewhere dark - but now I'm back so thought I would post this as one piece (having previously posted each individual poem). to get me started again. Hope you are keeping well mate - hope to see you somewhere soon
Peace & Love
Ian

Comment is about Martin Elder (poet profile)

Original item by Martin Elder

Ian Whiteley

Thu 22nd Feb 2018 00:25

thanks you for the 'likes' kind souls
Peace & Love
Ian

Comment is about ameriKKKan trilogy version 2.0 (blog)

Original item by Ian Whiteley

Big Sal

Wed 21st Feb 2018 23:32

Had not heard the word 'sodapop' in years, not since high school reading Hinton. Very nostalgic-like read that has a good flow to it.

Comment is about From Caterpillar to Butterfly (blog)

Original item by Janine Armentrout

◄ Prev12345 … 216 … 432 … 648 … 864 … 1080 … 1296 … 1512 … 1728 … 1944 … 215421552156Next ►