jennifer Malden

Fri 14th Dec 2018 18:33

Beautiful language again. Am green (a nice shade of lime) with envy!Do you just turn them out as easily as it would seem, or do they require some effort? The impression is no. Treasure island is fantastic too. Should it be palette rather than palate in the first line?

Jennifer

Comment is about Autumn Capriccio (blog)

Original item by Beno

jennifer Malden

Fri 14th Dec 2018 18:21

Lovely read - done it again Hannah!

Jennifer

Comment is about The Three Sisters (blog)

Original item by Hannah Collins

jennifer Malden

Fri 14th Dec 2018 18:11

Beautiful! so true that they give you so much more than they require. Always ready to come anywhere with you or fall in with your plans, always welcoming and never cross or sarky.
Jennifer

Comment is about Our Pets (blog)

Original item by Taylor Crowshaw

Suko Waspodo

Fri 14th Dec 2018 18:11

such a nice poem

Comment is about One less pain (blog)

Original item by Deepika Sehwag

jennifer Malden

Fri 14th Dec 2018 18:04

Thanks poemagraphic and MCN for your kind words. Glad it was good for at least a giggle! Thanks also Taylor and Don for their likes.

Jennifer

Comment is about Ho ho ho! (blog)

Original item by jennifer Malden

jennifer Malden

Fri 14th Dec 2018 17:53

Wow! Fantastic - liked the last two lines as ending!

Jennifer

Comment is about The Ghost of Christmas Passed (blog)

Original item by Chris Armstrong

Fri 14th Dec 2018 17:50

Every day is a birthday... a good birthday with so many gifts to receive, when we see with opened eyes..
Keep writing and sending out to the universe (some poems you can write, send out just to the universe and delete)

Prayers can be the same, God is not adverse to a swear word in verse. It is not a blot against your name he/she loves you all the same

Po

Comment is about 14/12/1994 (blog)

Original item by Charlotte Thomas-Rowe

Fri 14th Dec 2018 17:32

I almost missed this Don... never mind missing the odd word but to miss the whole poem W H A T NOOOOOO

I this is - great

Opps missed a word

Po

Comment is about From Corner Looking Out (blog)

Original item by Don Matthews

Charlotte Thomas-Rowe

Fri 14th Dec 2018 17:32

Thank you Big Sal, I appreciate it so much. I will ✊🏿

Comment is about 14/12/1994 (blog)

Original item by Charlotte Thomas-Rowe

Charlotte Thomas-Rowe

Fri 14th Dec 2018 17:31

I'm glad it did, thank you for reading Taylor.

Comment is about 14/12/1994 (blog)

Original item by Charlotte Thomas-Rowe

Fri 14th Dec 2018 17:13

YEA! Who is that bloody women shouting at.... YOU! You F'n Lot! of twats

What a great poem Janey

She's behind you!...(shouted in best panto voice)

I think not numb skulls she is bloody streets AHEAD of you numb nuts... home tucked up in front of the fire with a huge G n T with her feet up.

Merry Solstice
Po

Comment is about Christmas Is Ridiculous (blog)

Original item by Janey Colbourne

Hazel

Fri 14th Dec 2018 17:08

I wrote this while humming the tune of Mountains of Mourne

Comment is about Streets of England (blog)

Original item by Hazel Connelly

Fri 14th Dec 2018 17:02

Hiya Big Guy I got round to replying to the post you were waiting for ... can't put here due to spacing issues and shit like Bold Caps

Great to know your here mate
ad avid follower

Yours Po

Comment is about Big Sal (poet profile)

Original item by Big Sal

Fri 14th Dec 2018 16:55

Big Sal is his name and for his poetry he’s famed
I always call him β€˜Big Guy’, because he’s always so wry
God only knows why, his prowess one could never deny

So I’m penning this verse, which I’m sure he’ll inverse
Attempt to write me a reply, remembering restraints are applied
Let the challenge commence BS or BG I'm musingly waiting to see.

Po

Comment is about Pathway to the Tesseract (blog)

Original item by Big Sal

Fri 14th Dec 2018 16:18

bloody hell mate you really splashed out with this...

Got here in the end.. got soap in my eye and could not find it.

got to duck out now byeeeeeee

Po

Comment is about Can You Still Buy This? (blog)

Original item by Brian Maryon

Fri 14th Dec 2018 16:06

potted history is so often stale, with a bitter taste

Sugar coating it... its still a bitter pill to swallow.

No sugar coating for me thank you. Just tell it as it was/is!

Taking the lid of your jar of potted historic poems is always a delight Jan

Po

Comment is about once a scouser alway a rebel (blog)

Original item by jan oskar hansen

Fri 14th Dec 2018 15:59

I always feel sad when I see

Comments

No comments posted yet.

what if, nope
maybe, nope
Look here, there is NO bloody excuse!

Comments 1

Short and sweet... VERY sweet!

Po

Comment is about What Ifs And Maybes (blog)

Original item by d.knape

Fri 14th Dec 2018 15:54

I don't know what you were drinking...
But can I have some please!

Great verse

Po

Comment is about TIMELAPSE (blog)

Original item by Ciaran Cunningham

Fri 14th Dec 2018 15:48

Crumbs! crumbs that I gobbled up in haste for fear the draft would take them.

This was fantastic to read Chris. Less is so often more I feel.

Literally... we seem to be sensory overloaded so much now.

I believe often, that a poem should stand on its own merit.

Your poem (IMHI) would be hindered by a bed of music and would allow my imagination to wallow and drift off with too many graphics or clipart copied or plagiarized from the interweb.

It's all subjective my friend. I adored this.

Po

Comment is about The Ghost of Christmas Passed (blog)

Original item by Chris Armstrong

Chris Armstrong

Fri 14th Dec 2018 15:26

Thanks Jennifer. Ulysses, yes - but Franz Kafka version: Das Schweigen der Sirenen (The Silence of the Sirens): "...it is conceivable that someone might possibly have escaped from their singing; but from their silence certainly never"

Comment is about The Siren (blog)

Original item by Chris Armstrong

Fri 14th Dec 2018 15:21

Brain and Jon I am placing this comment in my poetry folder so I can just copy and paste it. ;)

Thank you both so much for your support... again.

I will pm you

Po

Comment is about 'The non believer ' (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Fri 14th Dec 2018 15:16

I just saw my comment and need to make another Ghaz

I am NOT one of the 'love and light brigade' as I call the pretend mean purple people eaters, who give me metaphysical indigestion.

And manage to say shit loads and nothing at all.

You I would never put in that camp... unless under cover wink wink

Comment is about 'The non believer ' (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Rick

Fri 14th Dec 2018 15:11

Here I decided to make the 'hero' a holocaust survivor ' l'chaim' is a Jewish toast - the idea is a celebration of vthe tenacity of the human spirit - I opted for Craven A cigs in order to date the piece .

Comment is about To Life (full colour version) (blog)

Original item by Rick

Fri 14th Dec 2018 15:11

Bloody hell Ghaz (sorry to swear)
Do you know how deep your comment is?

I have got to stay with it a while.

Your comments sister, are so reflective of the light in your Soul.

Po

Comment is about 'The non believer ' (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Fri 14th Dec 2018 15:04

Jon break the silence pleaseeeeeeeeeee

As always, it's great to get your like may friend.

I am glad you keep an out for me and have my back.

Po

Comment is about WYSIWYG QUIZ (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Fri 14th Dec 2018 15:00

Come on Big Guy or I will have to unseat you.

No sitting on the fence please!

You know you know, and I KNOW YOU KNOW.

jump right in go on do it do it now

Po

Ghaz Black is the new black

You may need the kiss of life! .... M E D I C

Comment is about WYSIWYG QUIZ (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Fri 14th Dec 2018 14:51

Another great piece. Top marks Jan!

Often nothing hurts more than the truth.

David's comments sadly ring true. The echo's never cease even when the guns stop firing, the bombs stop dropping, and the people stop dying.

Po

Comment is about war poet (blog)

Original item by jan oskar hansen

Wolfgar Miere

Fri 14th Dec 2018 14:31

I love the line "there isn't enough time to be offended by this world"
that is so true. I think and hope I have now moved beyond being offended by almost anything, it almost seems a selfish self centred concept to me. Obviously plenty of stuff still pisses me off, so what?...leave it for the sparrows fighting over a worm.

Sorry back to your poem, the sense of leaving behind the things we cannot influence here is palpable. You have captured it without having to try too hard. The essence of honest stripped down expression, so often in short supply recently here on WoL (only my worthless opinion of course, it seems there are poet laureate's at every turn who I am completely blind to, some eagerly telling us how brilliant they are. It is rendering some comments absolutely without value or impact, a bloody chat site no less) Which is why together with many other factors it is great to see you posting here again.

I have recently walked into the countryside of my imagination in an attempt to use my time more joyfully.

Nice stuff Tom,

David.

Comment is about DO NOT (blog)

Original item by Tom Harding

Fri 14th Dec 2018 13:46

I agree with this with its bitter sweetness and mild despair Tom. Some must keep scratching at things until all that's left is marks. I noticed right in the middle is that life is slipping from us and a sort of justification after that which is perfect. Birds carry such hope for us, but they have their own agendas, from which we can truly learn . Another winner.

Ray

Comment is about DO NOT (blog)

Original item by Tom Harding

Big Sal

Fri 14th Dec 2018 12:57

Sounds like Russian Roulette mixed with a bad game of Undercover Boss.😏

So, which one was it, Po? I think I know.

Comment is about WYSIWYG QUIZ (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Big Sal

Fri 14th Dec 2018 12:54

Literally all of my pets except a batch of 4 chickens and 6 ducks were ALL rescues in one way or another.

Wifey saved my pitbull from being killed at the shelter, she also saved our cat when he was a few weeks old underneath our old trailer. Kept meowing after his mom had abandoned him and he was wrapped up in wires so badly that his front paw was swollen to three times its original size and he would've surely perished were we not there to save his little devilish ass.

I save battery hens every chance I get, and all the other cats or animals I get seem to be in some threatening situation before they come to sanctuary.

"Please keep the contract that you made." - so sad especially when uncaring parents buy their kids a baby chick or a baby rabbit or something small, and then the pet gets thrown or let out to its death. God, do not show my wife this poem, Taylor. I won't get off the screen without having to adopt another 20 pigeons or some shit! πŸ˜­πŸ˜…

Comment is about Our Pets (blog)

Original item by Taylor Crowshaw

Big Sal

Fri 14th Dec 2018 12:49

Don't worry about it, Taylor. I appreciate you even reading the stuff I post up at all.

Some of the stuff I put gets a lot of views, and other things don't get noticed for a few days or weeks. Just the way of the archives and things go!

I actually put this poem in the rule book for the board game I developed, so now everyone that gets the game also has to read poetry in their rules! HA HA HA. School's never over!πŸ˜‰

Comment is about Of Soldiers & Strongholds (Poem) (blog)

Original item by Big Sal

Big Sal

Fri 14th Dec 2018 12:47

Happy Birthday, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Keep smiling no matter how hard that shit is by the end of it.

Often times a poet's birthday is the loneliest day of the year.❀

Comment is about 14/12/1994 (blog)

Original item by Charlotte Thomas-Rowe

Big Sal

Fri 14th Dec 2018 12:45

Thank you for your support and readings.

Your style strikes me as a mix between Japanese, Spanish, and English poetry all in one. Too many to hold it down.

Keep writing beautifully and reading liberally.πŸ‘

Comment is about Charlotte Thomas-Rowe (poet profile)

Original item by Charlotte Thomas-Rowe

Big Sal

Fri 14th Dec 2018 12:44

Thank you much, Charlotte, for reading and appreciating.🌷

Comment is about Dream Sequence #1 (blog)

Original item by Big Sal

Jon Stainsby

Fri 14th Dec 2018 12:35

I always like to sit in the corner, or at the back, and observe.

Thanks for this, Don

Comment is about From Corner Looking Out (blog)

Original item by Don Matthews

Brian Maryon

Fri 14th Dec 2018 11:56

You wise sit corner Don...no-one sneak up on.

Comment is about From Corner Looking Out (blog)

Original item by Don Matthews

Brian Maryon

Fri 14th Dec 2018 11:47

I'll be honest...I bloody love money. And I'm not being flippant. I love having money. I remember when I was quite poor and I never want to be back there again. I love the feeling of security that money gives you.

Comment is about Money is controlling our life (blog)

Original item by Bindu Trigunayak

Brian Maryon

Fri 14th Dec 2018 11:44

Pets give you unconditional love, particularly dogs. And they're always pleased to see you.

Comment is about Our Pets (blog)

Original item by Taylor Crowshaw

Charlotte Thomas-Rowe

Fri 14th Dec 2018 11:44

One of my favourite pieces of yours, I really enjoyed reading this

Comment is about Dream Sequence #1 (blog)

Original item by Big Sal

Don Matthews

Fri 14th Dec 2018 11:33

I couldn't agree more Bindu. It's when greed for money takes over we get problems 😎

Comment is about Money is controlling our life (blog)

Original item by Bindu Trigunayak

Ghazala Lari

Fri 14th Dec 2018 10:51

Henry Ford left us with so many choices...black, dark black, deep black, pitch black, darkest black, greyish black, brownish black etc etc etc....hehehehehe πŸ˜‰

no things are not white and black they have grey and other shades of blacks and white too πŸ˜ƒ

well....to stab in dark....ummm....as no one is seeing cz it's dark...so i will take a chance.... Is it the wolf as a wolf himself?

don't delay the answer....curiosity must have killed many by now....i'm also taking my last few...😩....πŸ™Œ

Comment is about WYSIWYG QUIZ (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Ghazala Lari

Fri 14th Dec 2018 10:45

Dear Po,
another rare write up, and definitely a powerful one....

"wake before it's late"

i hope hidayah be a gift for every heart.... if you throw away guidance then the heart is attracted towards misguidance, leaving the door of the heart n the house itself damned till eternity.

darkness of heart and soul is worse than ignorance.

Comment is about 'The non believer ' (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Fri 14th Dec 2018 10:41

Thanks, Taylor. Do you get either programme in Ireland?

Comment is about THE GOVERNESS (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Ghazala Lari

Fri 14th Dec 2018 10:38

Dear Po, thank you my dear friend for reading my poem, and leving ur precious compliments.

i thought i knew Who I Was....but every tym i got a different answer until the Book finally unblocked all the veils, finally reality and truth did shine in my mind.

yes, sometimes the herculean efforts n strength is not seen until the task is done and victory achieved.

thank you dear.

Comment is about poemagraphic (poet profile)

Original item by poemagraphic

Ghazala Lari

Fri 14th Dec 2018 10:37

Thank You Bindu for reading and appreciating my poem....😊

Comment is about Bindu Trigunayak (poet profile)

Original item by Bindu Trigunayak

Ghazala Lari

Fri 14th Dec 2018 10:36

Thank You Taylor for reading and appreciating my poem....😊

Comment is about Taylor Crowshaw (poet profile)

Original item by Taylor Crowshaw

Ghazala Lari

Fri 14th Dec 2018 10:35

Thank You Big Sal for your kind appreciation....😊

Comment is about Big Sal (poet profile)

Original item by Big Sal

Ghazala Lari

Fri 14th Dec 2018 10:35

thank you dear.

Comment is about WHO AM I? (blog)

Original item by Ghazala Lari

Ghazala Lari

Fri 14th Dec 2018 10:27

Thank You Dear Taylor...for reading and appreciating my poem...😊

Comment is about WHO AM I? (blog)

Original item by Ghazala Lari

◄ Prev12345 … 251 … 502 … 753 … 1004 … 1255 … 1506 … 1757 … 2008 … 2259 … 250325042505Next ►