Ghazala Lari

Tue 11th Dec 2018 16:03

no words can ever do justice to the damage done, i fall short of feelings and emotions to express....but strong disgust i do feel for those murderers ..... it all comes back, the return in any form, the realization also drops like the same bomb, they are paid for such disgusting acts, how can they sleep? it sure hurts and pain...we on safer shores can't even feel the depth of their pain....may allah grant those innocent souls the highest place in paradise...ameen

Comment is about The depth evil sinks (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Ghazala Lari

Tue 11th Dec 2018 15:55

chip your poems...hahaha..that reminds me of our currency in India having chips..to track them too....no black money returned...i hope your poems you will be able to track..should not trust the chip or the politicians..just confused...πŸ˜‚

Comment is about The prodigal poem is home (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Big Sal

Tue 11th Dec 2018 15:32

My respect, Taylor. I always value your opinion.

Appreciate you stopping in whenever I drop some new material, and your constant support.

Hope the family is well.🌷

Comment is about Pathway to the Tesseract (blog)

Original item by Big Sal

Big Sal

Tue 11th Dec 2018 15:30

Excellent poem, New Shoes. "greater the feeling than of rays upon our skin traveling from the Sun" - this line in particular is superb and deserves to be known by all in poetry classes.

Such a read.πŸ™Œ

Comment is about The Promise (blog)

Original item by New Shoes

Tue 11th Dec 2018 15:21

Keith "Ich bin ein berliner or Ich bin ein Berliner? you donut. ;- )
(I wrote your name as BBC radio 6' presenter Maconie said "Keith")

Tommy (must get out more) Carroll

Comment is about keith jeffries (poet profile)

Original item by keith jeffries

Ghazala Lari

Tue 11th Dec 2018 15:20

Dear Sal, thank you for reading my poem.... πŸ˜„ yeah it looked like an ostrich egg to me, growing inch by inch daily...hahahaπŸ’ͺ

Comment is about Big Sal (poet profile)

Original item by Big Sal

Ghazala Lari

Tue 11th Dec 2018 15:20

Comment is about funny Me!!! (blog)

Original item by Ghazala Lari

Big Sal

Tue 11th Dec 2018 15:17

The last line is absolute and wraps it up well, Kate.

Comment is about Home is where the heart is (blog)

Original item by Kate G

Big Sal

Tue 11th Dec 2018 15:16

'ostrich egg on arms' - excellent comparison.πŸ‘

Comment is about funny Me!!! (blog)

Original item by Ghazala Lari

Ghazala Lari

Tue 11th Dec 2018 15:16

this is hilarious..makes some sense...poets there, here and everywhere.... someone does care to share and finally bear...heheheπŸ‘πŸ˜„

Comment is about No There There (blog)

Original item by d.knape

ha'azinu

Tue 11th Dec 2018 15:13

πŸ’•

Comment is about Surgeon (blog)

Original item by ha'azinu

ha'azinu

Tue 11th Dec 2018 15:12

Thank you Po!!!

Comment is about the first is [not] (blog)

Original item by ha'azinu

Anya

Tue 11th Dec 2018 15:12

Thank you so much Taylor, Big Sal, Hugh, Ghazala and Jon!!!

😘😘😘

Comment is about Beyond... Haiku (blog)

Original item by Anya

Taylor Crowshaw

Tue 11th Dec 2018 14:51

Witty little ditty Eve...like it πŸ˜‚

Comment is about Found Poetry (blog)

Original item by eve nortley

Brian Maryon

Tue 11th Dec 2018 14:51

Well done Trev!

Comment is about Theresa May Not (blog)

Original item by Trevor Alexander

Taylor Crowshaw

Tue 11th Dec 2018 14:46

The best haiku I have read..stunning πŸ’•

Comment is about Beyond... Haiku (blog)

Original item by Anya

Taylor Crowshaw

Tue 11th Dec 2018 14:45

Hi Big Sal, Love the idea of the three poetic styles in one poem. It does work very well. Complex, but it is well balanced and makes perfect sense.
You are an experimental poet, I have never read anything you have written which does not inspire. You are pushing onwards always striving to perfect your art.
Taylor πŸ’•

Comment is about Pathway to the Tesseract (blog)

Original item by Big Sal

Taylor Crowshaw

Tue 11th Dec 2018 14:33

Really love this..

Comment is about fireworks (blog)

Original item by Alex J.J

Big Sal

Tue 11th Dec 2018 14:17

Strength to you.πŸ’ͺ

Comment is about Child robbers (blog)

Original item by Leah

Big Sal

Tue 11th Dec 2018 14:15

I wrote a poem much like this called, "Smile for the Day", it's actually on my second anthology.

From this piece I can see the extent of your imagination, David, especially in regards to words. It is very difficult to keep one word or a set of words going throughout an entire poem, and equally as difficult to convey a meaning of some fathomable kind through them.

You accomplished both well.πŸ™Œ

Comment is about Feel It (blog)

Original item by David Irvine

Nigel Astell

Tue 11th Dec 2018 14:14

He was good he was bad he was mad
but we all loved Tony!

Comment is about Xmas Collage Poem - Bonkersly Good (blog)

Original item by Stockport WoL

David Irvine

Tue 11th Dec 2018 14:13

John Coopey,

Thanks for taking the time out to read my Poem. Sorry to hear about your poem being removed. Have a great day and I look forward to reading some of your poetry.

Comment is about Cunt (blog)

Original item by David Irvine

Big Sal

Tue 11th Dec 2018 14:12

Beautiful poem full of gravitas and emotion.

Very well written, and I especially liked the line "The color people would dye to have" - very clever pun and usage.

Nicely done on this, I enjoyed reading it multiple times. I know others here will enjoy this as well.πŸ’

Comment is about The day I met you (blog)

Original item by Leah

David Irvine

Tue 11th Dec 2018 14:12

Kate G,

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have read reports on how good swearing is for medical and psychological purposes. Amazing isn't it. Have a great day.

Comment is about Cunt (blog)

Original item by David Irvine

Leah

Tue 11th Dec 2018 13:47

Thank you. πŸ˜ƒ

Comment is about Leah (poet profile)

Original item by Leah

Big Sal

Tue 11th Dec 2018 13:47

Thank you very much, Anya. I always know you're one of the very few that fully appreciates what I can do with rhyme and words.

What would Write Out Loud be without you?πŸ˜“

Comment is about Pathway to the Tesseract (blog)

Original item by Big Sal

Big Sal

Tue 11th Dec 2018 13:42

Nice alternating rhymes on your sample.πŸ‘

Comment is about Leah (poet profile)

Original item by Leah

Don Matthews

Tue 11th Dec 2018 13:40

Brian
The legal battle over Agape leader Rocco Leo's millions has been going on for a number of years. His house was only auctioned this Feb. I thought the story was worth presenting. Maybe you're thinking of another cult all in the past?

Comment is about This is a Weird One (blog)

Original item by Don Matthews

Big Sal

Tue 11th Dec 2018 13:39

Thanks for reading, Alan. Yes the entire poem is written in holorime, which means that each sentence rhymes completely with the next one or the previous one. Not many poets in history have accomplished this feat, that may be why you are not familiar with the idea. It's very fun to do.

Thanks, Jon. I wrote this yesterday after sifting through all my free poems waiting to post, and I realized none of them were good enough for it. So, I wrote this in 20 minutes and threw it on here. I know when I get you to comment, then I did something right!

Po, I'll be waiting!

New Shoes, thanks much man for stopping by and reading. Very glad you could find some enjoyment from my words. Come back until February 28, 2019 and you will be treated continuously to free holorime poetry just like this.

I appreciate all the comments and reading folks.🌷

Comment is about Pathway to the Tesseract (blog)

Original item by Big Sal

Julian (Admin)

Tue 11th Dec 2018 13:22

And what a lovely review, Judy!

Comment is about Like A Fish Out Of Batter: Catherine Graham, Indigo Dreams (article)

Don Matthews

Tue 11th Dec 2018 13:18

I think that you are playing games
Tying me in knots
You're very fond of this dk
Am wondering where there whats? 😎

Comment is about No There There (blog)

Original item by d.knape

Tue 11th Dec 2018 13:14

Interesting, David.
I had a poem on here removed by the poetry police ( β€œUpskirting”) about men trying to take photos of women’s cunts.

Comment is about Cunt (blog)

Original item by David Irvine

Kate G

Tue 11th Dec 2018 12:45

I love the idea of dreaming words onto a page. Beautiful.

Comment is about Put the leaves back on the trees (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

d.knape

Tue 11th Dec 2018 11:37

The poem described as written
makes folks wonder why I bothered,
Wasted time, both theirs and mine
in one ear and out the other.

Comment is about Don Matthews (poet profile)

Original item by Don Matthews

Wolfgar Miere

Tue 11th Dec 2018 11:07

Hello Peter,

Thanks for stopping by. Congrats on PoTW by the way, well deserved.

To be honest Peter I spent a little time on this one. I was out in a remote area enjoying a magnificent morning walking in the countryside. I stood on a hilltop overlooking a valley looking towards the opposite rise, the land was scarred and I could see the strata layers. It got me thinking about recovery and renewal, I was surrounded by beautiful ancient trees which had shed their leaves which were lying all around. A pretty moving spectacle to be honest Peter.

Thanks again,

David.

Comment is about Put the leaves back on the trees (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Kate G

Tue 11th Dec 2018 10:16

Love it David... and the conversation the piece has generated. There's quite a bit of research to back that those who swear have improved mental health, or that it can reduce sensations of pain to swear when injured. I'm always fascinated to think that, what many consider to be the worst swear word, is actually a euphemism for a vagina. Yet, it's not nearly so offensive to say cock or dick. It's interesting the power that we assign words and symbols. And great that you are writing words that challenge. πŸ˜€

Comment is about Cunt (blog)

Original item by David Irvine

Kate G

Tue 11th Dec 2018 10:09

Powerful Po. I'm ex- military and my husband still serves. We have witnessed first hand the devastation these things cause. As soldiers we take the risk, but it's such a cowardly thing to place them intentionally to maim children and civilians,and often animals too. Evil's an understatement.

Comment is about The depth evil sinks (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Kate G

Tue 11th Dec 2018 09:28

Tom, this is wonderful. The first two lines particularly. Makes me think a sad story underlies this.

Comment is about The Wind Is Howling (blog)

Original item by Tom

Kate G

Tue 11th Dec 2018 09:28

Comment is about The Wind Is Howling (blog)

Original item by Tom

David Irvine

Tue 11th Dec 2018 09:23

A journey to another reality which leaves a scare for all to find. Evil does indeed sink to many depths.

Comment is about The depth evil sinks (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

David Irvine

Tue 11th Dec 2018 09:19

'Iron in the blood, yet so fragile'. A great descriptive piece offering the reader vivid imagery.

Comment is about Heart broken (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

David Irvine

Tue 11th Dec 2018 09:16

Hey Big Sal,

I'm glad you enjoyed it and found it thought-provoking. It's interesting to see peoples reaction. I will search out Ferris Taylor and read some of his stuff. You hit the nail on the head with people picking and choosing their words that they find ofensive. I think that's the great thing about poetry, It means different things to the reader.

We should do a podcast on it lol.

Comment is about Cunt (blog)

Original item by David Irvine

Ghazala Lari

Tue 11th Dec 2018 09:15

A sad scenario happening every where. media hides the truth and shows a totally different picture. the tables shall turn and media itself will bear the brunt of their wickedness. as its happening in my part of the world, media is not able to speak in support of themselves even, it is what they slowly paved their way into.

may Allah grant peace and jannah to the departed souls of Grenfell tower incident...ameen

Comment is about Grenfell Tower (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

David Irvine

Tue 11th Dec 2018 09:01

Poemagraphic, Thanks for your kind comments on my work. It's great to see people taking an interest.

I wouldn't worry too much about seeing the UFO's. I've been seeing them all my life. Not little tiny spectacles or movements in the sky, I'm talking huge ships flanked by RAF jet fighters. The first time I saw one was in the sky over Wymondham. Both my kids saw it as well, it was low and shaped like a leaf. It must have been 50meters in length. When it realised we were watching, it shot North quicker than you could blink. The RAF fighter jets turned around and headed home once it disappeared.

Comment is about Purple Sky (blog)

Original item by David Irvine

Kate G

Tue 11th Dec 2018 09:00

Simple pleasures, not always a world away. Love this Ray.

Comment is about ALLHALLOWS ON SEA (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Brian Maryon

Tue 11th Dec 2018 08:58

I thought this religious cult thing was all in the past. You've got some catching up to do Don.

Comment is about This is a Weird One (blog)

Original item by Don Matthews

Alan Travis Braddock

Tue 11th Dec 2018 08:57

Should read aloud well but one would not realise the first letters of course, (probably) - nice try though, some lines could scan better but maybe I'm not reading them right?
(Thinks, " I must look up tesseract")
Later... it's a cube within a cube, says Chambers...

Comment is about Pathway to the Tesseract (blog)

Original item by Big Sal

Ghazala Lari

Tue 11th Dec 2018 08:50

Dear Po,
each soul shall taste death, whether anyone believes in God or not. the end is same for all. death will not be painful if we believe that one day we will all meet in the everlasting home.

we are actually pure souls blessed with a body, mind and heart....body will die, but soul shall never die....not even in hell, so better we strive to be in heaven.

i agree with u!!!

Comment is about Moon beams (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Alan Travis Braddock

Tue 11th Dec 2018 08:37

Yes; when someone dies suddenly you always have a hole in your life - you thought that you would see them again. Some incident comes along and you think " XX would have smiled at that...." and then there is this vacuum...Good Luck,

Comment is about Vasovagal Syncope. (blog)

Original item by Nick

◄ Prev1234 … 250 … 500 … 750 … 1000 … 1250 … 1500 … 1750 … 2000 … 2250 … 249724982499Next ►