Petrova Fairhurst

Sat 15th Jan 2011 22:20

Hi Elaine,
there is such melancholy in "The Old World" lots of lovely images too, "a mirror to reflect /
The unconfessed imaginings of life" and also, "Trees held onto liquid bunches of fruit"

Comment is about Elaine (poet profile)

Original item by Elaine

Naomi Hefter

Sat 15th Jan 2011 22:09

Hi Isobel.there seems to be nasty comments flying around the place.i just had to report some random twat who kept writing nasty things about my work . dont worry about it x

Comment is about Naomi Hefter (poet profile)

Original item by Naomi Hefter

Naomi Hefter

Sat 15th Jan 2011 22:07

ive reported you to the admin team. Who the hell do you think you are to tell strangers their work is bad!!??? who the F*** do you think you are??you are clearly a very insecure person who justs wants to feel better about yourself. You vile nasty person. do your self a favour and get your self something constructive to do

Comment is about John Aikman (poet profile)

Original item by John Aikman

Isobel

Sat 15th Jan 2011 22:05

I've no idea what all the commotion is about. I just wanted to say that when I made that comment it was a jokey one. I had an ostrich picture up as me. I have no illusions about looking like a WAG - nor would I want to.

Comment is about Naomi Hefter (poet profile)

Original item by Naomi Hefter

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:57

Your explanation has made this flare into life with great pathos. I don't think I could have done it alone. Thanks.

Comment is about Traume (blog)

Original item by AJ McKenna

Naomi Hefter

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:56

if you leave another nasty message i will report you. get a life!!!

Comment is about John Aikman (poet profile)

Original item by John Aikman

Petrova Fairhurst

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:54

So many images I love in this piece; "the ovens of August", "left all our bumps in the bed", "yipping and yowling in cacophonous chorus"

A well told tale :) x

Comment is about Heat Wave (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Petrova Fairhurst

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:48

Thank you Cynthia.

I have written many pieces for my son, Joseph.

This piece was written in September last year though the event took place in November 1991.

This type of pain, I think, never leaves, its something we learn to live with and is dulled with enough time.

Comment is about Empty (blog)

Original item by Petrova C Fairhurst

Petrova Fairhurst

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:47

Thank you Cynthia.

I have written many pieces for my son, Joseph.

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:35

I have loved dearly two cats who were friends and helpmates through many hard times. This poem is delightful, although I do not expect to curl up with my cats when I die. Mind you, I still feel them in spirit, even under the bedcovers sometimes.

Comment is about a little journey (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:29

I cannot know if this is a real life experience for you or not. But, regardless, your bold, gut-wrenching clarity of expression must make such a loss a little easier for someone in a similar situation, the expression of it is so vital.

Comment is about Empty (blog)

Original item by Petrova C Fairhurst

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:23

This is superb. I really like 'under-belly view' and ''fairy grotto cockpit' (just mentioning two images of all the great lines.) The formatting is classy.

Comment is about Through the Looking-Glass. (blog)

Original item by Philipos

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:18

Cynthia, I enjoyed this. It reminded me of the excellent "Elergy on the Death of a Mad Dog" by Oliver Goldsmith.
"The man recovered fom the bite,
The dog it was that died".

Comment is about Heat Wave (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:17

I think we poets live within metaphor and symbolism, even when we are unaware. You have personified the tree 'its roots blink' and 'as if in vigil of a deep lament' so it cannot be just observation. IMO, you attached 'life' meaning to it by your very words, and then particularly 'human life'.

Comment is about Wind-Blown Tree. (blog)

Original item by Philipos

bernard shelton

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:15

Kosova

Comment is about Dancing (blog)

Original item by bernie shelton

bernard shelton

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:14

Comment is about Dancing (blog)

Original item by bernie shelton

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:09

Thanks for your comments, again, Dave. This time on Doing It Twice. The after-dinner speaker I filched the story off (Steve Womack) also adds that the only time these days that he thinks about doing it twice is just before he's done it once. (I wish I'd said that!).

Comment is about Beyond the garden (blog)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Sat 15th Jan 2011 21:04

Thanks for all the comments, guys.
Banksy's right - it is an old joke. I heard it as part of an after dinner speech by Steve Womack (worth checking out).

Comment is about Doing It Twice (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

alan barlow

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:38

oh indeedy

Comment is about The pen is mightier than the sword ? (blog)

Original item by alan barlow

Philipos

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:37

Thank you for commenting on Wind-Blown Tree Dave - I really appreciate the feedback

Comment is about Dave Bradley (poet profile)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Philipos

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:30

Hi Ann thank you for your comments on Wind-Blown Tree - I don't know why it is but I always feel there is some kind of tragedy when I saw a tree blown over - a life pulled out of the ground to rot whereas mankind rots beneath

Comment is about Ann Foxglove (poet profile)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Naomi Hefter

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:27

who are you to leave such a vile comment on my blogs??? poetry has no right or wrong. i just write from my heart!!! if you happen to rea my comedy poetry you will find a flip side to my style.. but clearly you think you are too good so i advise you just stick to your own work instead of insulting other talents

Comment is about John Aikman (poet profile)

Original item by John Aikman

Dave Bradley

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:25

Vintage Coopey. Very enjoyable

Comment is about Doing It Twice (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Ann Foxglove

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:23

Interesting! And a bit spooky!

Comment is about Wind-Blown Tree. (blog)

Original item by Philipos

Philipos

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:20

Hi Alan - I'd like to think I thought as deeply as you suggested about my poem but I simply stopped and wrote what I saw on my evening walk - yours was a very interesting take though I have to say - as to the offset printing that's just started happening and I have absolutely no idea why - thanks for the feedback appreciated

Thank you for your comments Ann - I don't know why it is but I always feel there is some kind of tragedy when I see a tree blown over - a life pulled out of the ground to rot whereas mankind rots beneath

Comment is about Wind-Blown Tree. (blog)

Original item by Philipos

Ann Foxglove

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:20

Poem was inspired by a garden I passed this morning, when I was on the bus. It was the rusty swing that did it!

Comment is about ghazal - under grass (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

stella jones

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:19

really enjoyed how the line below read,
take the piss out of school teachers
not fat chicks,

I have come back to this a few time josh..makes me think life can be shit sometimes, for the most simple of reasons..nice work.

Comment is about Absent Friends (blog)

Original item by Josh Coates

Dave Bradley

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:18

Atmospheric. I enjoyed this, Ann. For some reason it reminded me of the Radley place in 'To Kill a Mockingbird'.

Comment is about ghazal - under grass (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Philipos

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:18

Hi Alan - re: Wind-Blown Tree I'd like to think I thought as deeply as you suggested about my poem but I simply stopped and wrote what I saw on my evening walk - yours was a very interesting take though I have to say - as to the offset printing that's just started happening and I have absolutely no idea why - thanks for the feedback appreciated

Comment is about alan barlow (poet profile)

Original item by alan barlow

Dave Bradley

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:15

I like this - just enough to get the imagination working on place, time and mood.

Comment is about Wind-Blown Tree. (blog)

Original item by Philipos

stella jones

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:12

I enjoyed this read very much Dave..the interpretations that can be put to it are great, but just the thought of him leaving his tidy life and deciding to venture into the jumgle is so very interesting..hmmm the again ending did make me wonder how many times he had done this tho!...neat write.

Comment is about Beyond the garden (blog)

Original item by Dave Bradley

stella jones

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:08

hi..yea I agree bout the state of mind we are in at any one time..food for thought indeed..ordinary?..some of the best reads are of the so called 'ordinary' type, well I think so anyways lol.

Comment is about Elysium (blog)

Original item by Banksy

stella jones

Sat 15th Jan 2011 19:04

Oh I did enjoy the feel of this one...yea it left me smiling which is a good thing isn't it? :)

Comment is about She (blog)

Original item by alan barlow

stella jones

Sat 15th Jan 2011 18:58

I think you and Gemma must have had a great life together Ann, and that is all we can wish for..made me go awww too..x

Comment is about a little journey (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

stella jones

Sat 15th Jan 2011 18:55

Oh wow good write Petrova I particulary like the lines

The tears refused;
keep them in to fill the space
where you practiced football.
Push them under ribs you strummed
with perfect fingers.

When I read those I thought, Oh yes, these fit perfectly the emptiness of inside..x

Comment is about Empty (blog)

Original item by Petrova C Fairhurst

Sat 15th Jan 2011 18:53

for gawds sake Rach-remind me never to say a single thing wrong about you in future!

Comment is about all old guys aint grumpy (blog)

stella jones

Sat 15th Jan 2011 18:49

I too on reading the first line wondered, ambiguity is such a great thing to hide behind isn't it?

Comment is about The pen is mightier than the sword ? (blog)

Original item by alan barlow

Rachel Bond

Sat 15th Jan 2011 18:48

I have to say stefan that I love this pic you have chosen...he looks like my dad (on a good day) and im not joking. its ace ;)

Comment is about all old guys aint grumpy (blog)

Sat 15th Jan 2011 18:32

teef in or out? (yours J.A.)ta for indulging-my rectification completed-oh and boy did it feel good.

Comment is about all old guys aint grumpy (blog)

Ann Foxglove

Sat 15th Jan 2011 18:13

Done as instructed oh ghazal master! x

Comment is about ghazal - under grass (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

alan barlow

Sat 15th Jan 2011 18:08

i see youhave have done it again with your "left of field" verse ?!

ive read this a couple of times now and i like the write but i keep reading and thinking more that it is a figure who has fallen from grace and whose mask has slipped and defences fallen so the media and world may snack on the remains of the day, than a tree

Comment is about Wind-Blown Tree. (blog)

Original item by Philipos

winston plowes

Sat 15th Jan 2011 18:08

Your ghazals have enough elements to be ghazals in their own right, I don't think you should give them the (slightly dispirited) "Nearly tag". Win

I liked this. Had the effect of stopping the music which I think is what you were going for, Win x

Comment is about ghazal - under grass (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Winston (Admin)

Sat 15th Jan 2011 17:50

Hi There Harry. Welcome to Write out loud, hope to see some more of your work posted on here, Winston

Comment is about Harry Giles (poet profile)

Original item by Harry Giles

Winston (Admin)

Sat 15th Jan 2011 17:40

Hi Barry, Welcome to Write Out Loud, Winston

Comment is about Barry R Tench (poet profile)

Original item by Barry R Tench

Sat 15th Jan 2011 17:16

how I wish I were a nob like sarah parker,then after giving you my adress you could come round(preferably just as I am putting a thin lardy leg in my jimjams and give me a bloody good going over...just in case...hello I,m Sarah Parker! hey Naomi you wanna do one of your poem type jobs on Parkers kid(FIGHT!)and as for izzy..aw no way is she a WAG-shes more of a...er...smashing Nana mousekori look-alike..this grey n gorgeous git welcomes you.xx(mm thats nice!)

Comment is about Naomi Hefter (poet profile)

Original item by Naomi Hefter

alan barlow

Sat 15th Jan 2011 17:13

chuckle chuckle

obviously more banksy the artiste than jeff banks then ?

Comment is about Aspirations (blog)

Original item by Banksy

alan barlow

Sat 15th Jan 2011 17:06

haha cheers stef im saying nowt ambiguity is king and i was wondering who would pipe up first well done ;-)

Comment is about The pen is mightier than the sword ? (blog)

Original item by alan barlow

Sat 15th Jan 2011 17:01

touche!(bitch!)...thats me cursing myself not calling you a...oh you,ve got me at it now and just when I was about to say you are such a f.......

Comment is about Why? (blog)

John Aikman

Sat 15th Jan 2011 17:00

You and Mr. Black are going to have to Duke it out, aren't you!

:-)

I wanted to have an affair with a french film star...I just didn't have Deneuve.

:-)

jx

Comment is about Aspirations (blog)

Original item by Banksy

John Aikman

Sat 15th Jan 2011 16:54

A manly kiss is fine...no tongues just yet though!

:-)

Comment is about all old guys aint grumpy (blog)

◄ Prev123 … 210 … 420 … 630 … 840 … 1050 … 1260 … 1470 … 14751476147714781479 … 1680 … 1890 … 209520962097Next ►