Jemima Jones

Thu 29th Jun 2017 21:43

now this is more like it Patricia.I hope you aren't Stefans pillion passenger? Thank you Jemima.

Comment is about neccessary interaction (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Thu 29th Jun 2017 21:42

Excellent comparison Mark. It is by our colloquialisms we are most easily identified - and marked!

Comment is about YOU SAY (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Jemima Jones

Thu 29th Jun 2017 21:40

very funny Stefan but also very dangerous! I bet Patricia is a bag of nerves every time you go out.Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about not exactly Psalm 23 (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Jemima Jones

Thu 29th Jun 2017 21:36

the old story Wendy.Will it ever change? Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about The Law Of This Land (blog)

Original item by Wendy Higson

Jemima Jones

Thu 29th Jun 2017 21:30

beautiful jan.Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about one sunday morning (blog)

Original item by jan oskar hansen

Jemima Jones

Thu 29th Jun 2017 21:27

I appreciate your comments Rose,Jay,Patricia,Stefan and Ray.In considering how some people cope with this situation being one of the worst kind leaves me in a state of disbelief and amazement at how they manage to do so.There again what other option is there but to carry on? Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about pausing in hell (blog)

Original item by Jemima Jones

Jemima Jones

Thu 29th Jun 2017 21:19

indeed Rose and yes Patricia and Stefan how they do.Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about betterment (blog)

Original item by Jemima Jones

Jemima Jones

Thu 29th Jun 2017 21:15

many thanks Patricia and Stefan.Jemima.

Comment is about lost babie's (blog)

Original item by Jemima Jones

Thu 29th Jun 2017 21:06

Wendy,don't concern yourself about being a novice.We all have to start somewhere.

And you are doing brilliantly!
So keep calm and have a Tetley!

P&S xx

Comment is about Wendy Higson (poet profile)

Original item by Wendy Higson

Thu 29th Jun 2017 21:01

Cheers loads Kev.

S.W.

Comment is about not exactly Psalm 23 (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

kJ Walker

Thu 29th Jun 2017 20:57

I'll never look at psalm 23 the same again.

Kevin

Comment is about not exactly Psalm 23 (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Thu 29th Jun 2017 20:55

while on one hand muchly thanking you chaps aka Steve and Ray (and inclusive of Mr. H.) I cannot see why you guys have never remounted? Although Rays last sentence does go some way in explaining.

Whatever ever happened to that manly spirit mewonders!?

Come on! shake the dust off those leathers!get the old iron horses uncovered!

re-kick start the billy-whizz mentallity while you can!

You don't know what you are missing-apart from being put in traction!....;0)
Stef.

Comment is about not exactly Psalm 23 (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

kJ Walker

Thu 29th Jun 2017 20:39

Well read too, by the way. Another thing I couldn't do.

Comment is about REACH FOR THE SKY (blog)

Original item by ray pool

kJ Walker

Thu 29th Jun 2017 20:37

I wouldn't have known what it was about without the audio, but it makes perfect sense. I could never even attempt to write anything topical for fear of trivialising it, but this is a fitting tribute. I like the idea of comparing a tower block to a bee hive.
Cheers Kevin

Comment is about REACH FOR THE SKY (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Thu 29th Jun 2017 20:16

I well recall Nigel Mansell winning Sports Personality of the Year in 1986 for finishing second in the Driver's Championship. We are easily pleased.

Comment is about 'Ye are many - they are few!' Jeremy Corbyn quotes Shelley at Glastonbury (article)

Thu 29th Jun 2017 17:52

A fascinating variety of views about equality and the
state of the human condition that affects its existence -
or lack of it. As for Christianity getting involved - didn't
Christ himself observe that "the poor are always with us"
when seeking recognition of/support for his own situation from the demands of his followers during his brief stay?
The composite human condition is always vying with its
individual aspirations as history shows and we'd need to
start over from scratch to have any realistic chance of changing that blueprint.
As for any high-minded pious stance about ideals, I
doubt that a resort to vulgar abuse would be a persuasive factor in altering anything. The phrase
"easier said than done" comes to mind. Let us, instead, each in his or her own way try to contribute
to making this a better world by
action or example and go on our way knowing we made it just that
bit better for others.

Thu 29th Jun 2017 17:05

Good luck to the author on her good fortune.
But can someone in judging circles wherever let us know
the last time a collection of humorous poems got rewarded.
Just curious!

Comment is about Denise Riley wins £5,000 Roehampton Poetry Centre prize (article)

Thu 29th Jun 2017 17:01

Fun - with the added essence of truth in the contrasts,
taking me back happily to "Let's Call The Whole Thing Off".

Comment is about YOU SAY (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Thu 29th Jun 2017 16:55

Hi Ray - I think this was a reaction over the modern
tendency to seek those upon whom "guilt" can be
dumped without the proper considered patience that
the process of enquiry and resulting evidence requires.
The line "Rush To Judgement" (from a famous book)
comes to mind...something to be avoided if logic and
reason (sanity?!) are to prevail.

Comment is about THE BLAME GAME (blog)

Original item by M.C. Newberry

David Subacchi

Thu 29th Jun 2017 16:38

You can find more of my poems on line including performance videos simply by searching on my name DAVID SUBACCHI.

Comment is about BASS GUITAR (blog)

Original item by David Subacchi

Matthew Nicholson

Thu 29th Jun 2017 16:06

Hi Keith

Sorry for the slow reply to your last comment. I've not been on the site for a while. Things have been a bit hectic the last few months. Gigs in and around the North of England and then a house move which now sees me residing in Worcestershire.

Thank you again for the positivity of your comments. I've got loads going on at the moment, busy tackling numerous poems which again reflect the same empathic style. I will of course add these in due course as thet are finished.

I am also busy looking into funding options at present with a view to securing the necessary funding to record my first EP and a first collection of poems. There is still much to be done on this but now I have moved back to the mainland I am doing all I can to progress and spread the work as far as I can. I hope you are well and still enjoying life in Spain.

Kind Regards
Matthew

Comment is about keith jeffries (poet profile)

Original item by keith jeffries

Thu 29th Jun 2017 13:58

I read this is in the context of confinement and the trading in of a human partner for the companionship of the mind under duress. I really like the desperation that comes over,and of course the anguish.

Nice one Jem.

Comment is about pausing in hell (blog)

Original item by Jemima Jones

Thu 29th Jun 2017 13:54

Hi Mark. In view of the state of our expectations in life being constantly seemingly short changed, your few lines do have a place - I think to some they will be like a road barrier that just can't be driven through without showing rites of passage.

Ray

Comment is about THE BLAME GAME (blog)

Original item by M.C. Newberry

Thu 29th Jun 2017 13:51

I like to read poems that resonate with experience and this does Stef! It drags all our thoughts behind it in a great spurt of triumph (excuse the pun). I was a biker but had mine nicked and it all went south. Tried again at 68 but lost the confidence you need!

Ray

Comment is about not exactly Psalm 23 (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Thu 29th Jun 2017 13:48

This resonates with the lonely footfall and the trudging of time . It has a sort of religious feel, especially with the desert and its wilderness. I think the soldier doesn't want pity just recognition and that comes across.
Powerful stuff elP.

Ray

Comment is about unknown soldier (half-life) (blog)

Original item by elPintor

Laura Taylor

Thu 29th Jun 2017 11:20

Why did you ask the question if you're simply going to ignore the response?

Thu 29th Jun 2017 10:59

You are not easy to read, but full of rewards when one makes the effort. You don't cater to lazy thinkers; and that is excellent. You have more courage than I do; I'm always straddling the middle line.

Comment is about Towering Factory Gates (blog)

Original item by Adam Whitworth

Thu 29th Jun 2017 10:48

Very interesting, Adam. A hard subject to try and capture, and so intensely personal to the individual. Kudos to you. The final 'message' is very uplifting to the human condition.

I did smile at the use of 'kitten'. There is a science about the 'baby' thing of all animals - big eyes being predominant, if I remember correctly. And utter helplessness. But kittens conquer us totally. Maybe it's the fluffy fur as well, the feel of them and the size, fitting within our human palm. Same criteria should apply to many other animals, but it doesn't, usually.

'my charming good-bye' is a poetic gem. The word 'charm' is one of the loveliest in the English language, so full of extended meaning, so often used sluggishly.

What do you consider to be 'worse' than 'death'? That gave me pause before I even read on.

Comment is about Adam's Humanity (blog)

Original item by Adam Whitworth

Thu 29th Jun 2017 10:32

As I said in my last post "best leave it there for me". I'm off back to my narrow life experiences and counting my money.

maria kim

Thu 29th Jun 2017 10:29

I have been <a href="http://www.essaysolution.co.uk/write-my-essay">i need an essay</a> following your blog for some time now and have found it quite informative and also interesting and you have very nice way of expressing the article.Looking forward to another article.

Comment is about Reader at Marsden Write Out Loud 18th January 2017 (photo)

Original item by Marsden Write Out Loud

Thu 29th Jun 2017 10:22

Kealan, how wonderful to have you back! I've not been too much on line lately. I'll try to catch up on your work.

Comment is about Kealan Coady (poet profile)

Original item by Kealan Coady

hillary davidson

Thu 29th Jun 2017 10:19

Comment is about Alan Prout, Marsden Write Out Loud 18th January 2017 (photo)

Original item by Marsden Write Out Loud

hillary davidson

Thu 29th Jun 2017 09:57

Really, i appreciate the effort you made to share the post. The http://www.dissertationwritinguk.co.uk topic here k i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time.

Comment is about Marsden Write Out Loud (group profile)

Original item by Marsden Write Out Loud

Laura Taylor

Thu 29th Jun 2017 09:42

Graham – without typing out an epic reply, I will summarise it for you. What we mean by equality is true equality of opportunity. From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs. It’s an oldie but it’s a goodie.

That labour force you mentioned managing may well have responded very differently had they had a more equal education, wage, nutrition, housing, healthcare, recourse to support in all areas, human rights in general, the opportunities to develop in ways that are not limited to creating wealth for the few, less worries about financial concerns, including housing, hunger, the ability to keep sufficiently warm and clean.

Do you consider yourself a Christian, by the way? If so, you must be aware that Jesus was a socialist, that the New Testament is a socialist text in the main.

I would urge you to read the book btw, rather than base your opinions on your own narrow life experience. It might give you a broader understanding of the subject. Then again, given your emphasis on creating more wealth for yourself, it might not.

Lancashire County Palatine Tourist Bard

Thu 29th Jun 2017 09:13

What is amply evident from some of the sneering commentariat on the WOL site, within the media, and amongst some of our politicians is that:

a society in which hundreds of the less affluent and vulnerable in society are incinerated by the hundred in their homes, along with their children, simply because of who they are, because they do not have the means to provide safer homes for themselves, even though they pay their fair share of taxes, is to be welcomed and is approved of.

A society in which the poorest amongst us even though they pay their share of taxes, no longer have access to justice within the law, simply because of who they are is acceptable.

A society in which the poorest amongst us no longer have access to excellent health care- simply because they are who they are, is acceptable.

A society in which the poorest amongst no longer have access to a Police Service is acceptable.

A society in which the poorest amongst us no longer have access to excellent education is acceptable.

A society in which the poorest amongst no longer have access to a Fire Service or an Ambulance Service is acceptable.

A society in which our armed-service men and women who may suffer from PTSD and physical injury etc, are living rough on the streets, is acceptable.

Well fuck your Armed Forces Day, with your "Great and the Good" poncing about on our Town Hall steps, with your radicalised children strutting about in uniform behind men with bayonets drawn, to the beat of the big bass drum, off to the Parish Church to show God what a wonderful bunch of Christians you are.

Fuck you and your hypocrisy.
How about some justice in our society?
That's what I would call a "Christian" society.

Colin Hill

Thu 29th Jun 2017 09:03

equality is like organic farming - a preferred end point of reference to be aimed for. And although it might not in practise be achievable all of the time in every situation it should still be what we work towards continually as a society, together.

It seems the argument here is who would be better placed to forward that advance, fairly for all.

Status Quo voter mentality gives the green light to politicians to do as they wish - a situation that should never be encouraged imo.

Lyrical Lexa

Thu 29th Jun 2017 03:33

You are not alone. This is beautiful :)

Comment is about I wrote this in tears (blog)

Original item by Michaela Sheldon

Steve Higgins

Thu 29th Jun 2017 01:48

Ah, the thrill of the open road, the lure of the twist grip throttle, the crash helmet splattered with the deaths of a thousand flies. Reminds me of my old biker days and my own mid life Kawasaki 750. Nice one!

Comment is about not exactly Psalm 23 (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Thu 29th Jun 2017 01:20

plethora of beautiful lines Rose.Well done young lady.

P&S xx

Comment is about flourish you seeds of hope and truth! (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Thu 29th Jun 2017 00:21

and hell it must be Jemima.

As Rose says-a real tear jerker.

P&S xx

Comment is about pausing in hell (blog)

Original item by Jemima Jones

Thu 29th Jun 2017 00:18

how the view changes with every passing year Jemima.

great poem.

P&S xx

Comment is about betterment (blog)

Original item by Jemima Jones

Thu 29th Jun 2017 00:16

really moving piece J.J.

P&S xx

Comment is about lost babie's (blog)

Original item by Jemima Jones

Thu 29th Jun 2017 00:14

a real side splitter Rose.

;0)

P&S xx

Comment is about for Lozza of the Taylors (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Thu 29th Jun 2017 00:12

nice poem and even nicer gesture Rose.

P&S xx

Comment is about rare vistor (for Wendy) (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Wed 28th Jun 2017 23:38

awful situation Rose for sure.

thanks to you and Raj for dropping by.

P&S x

Comment is about re the enforced evictions-+ (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

anna slijm koningin

Wed 28th Jun 2017 23:20

I love this!!

Comment is about Adam's Humanity (blog)

Original item by Adam Whitworth

elPintor

Wed 28th Jun 2017 23:07

Good evening, Cynthia and Kealan,

I suppose the simplest way to describe an intranet is in describing what it is not--an extranet. That is, one only exists in a sort of negation of the other.

I'm not trying to be cute, here. I simply wanted to use networking concepts as analogous to principles of compartmentalization and damage control. For what reason, who can tell?

Thanks so much to the both of you for your reading and kind comments. And, also for your questions and prompts for explanation. I much enjoy them and will, by the way, be reading more on simulation theory.

elP

Comment is about watchdog (blog)

Original item by elPintor

elPintor

Wed 28th Jun 2017 21:58

I was kinda sad for the absence of the background info from the first recording, but it's a good reading all the same.

elP

Comment is about Base Camp (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Phillip Kelly

Wed 28th Jun 2017 20:33

Love the repetitive parallelism listing in first few lines...... And the imagery of time passing by.... A journey.... Is very effective.... Esp in how u convey seasons passing... cos

I’ll be springing into summer’s warmth

whooping through autumnal days

there’ll be no kicking of heels

when I’m kicking up a snow storm

Comment is about How to approach a new year (blog)

Original item by Joy

◄ Prev123 … 236 … 420421422423424 … 472 … 708 … 944 … 1180 … 1416 … 1652 … 1888 … 2124 … 234923502351Next ►