<Deleted User> (13762)

Tue 30th May 2017 12:10

Hello again Hazel - I'm more than happy with a bit of insplagiarationism! - one of the wonderful things about WoL is the way we trigger dialogue and response through poetry and commentary. So bring it on is what I say. I'm also flattered that you found favour with my Fun in a Fiat 500 - phew! It did strike me that your Earsplitting was on a similar theme when I read it. All good stuff and nothing to forgive whatsoever. All the bestest, Col.

Comment is about Hazel ettridge (poet profile)

Original item by Hazel ettridge

keith jeffries

Tue 30th May 2017 11:41

Hello Ray, thank you for your comment on A Wartime Journey. I was born in January 1948 so am only able to recollect the aftermath of the war in and around Birmingham. My poems covering this period and also the Great War are taken from the experiences of family and friends who lived through these times. I hope I do justice to their memories. Later this year I hope to publish a book which will include two sections of poetry devoted to the World Wars. IΒ΄ll keep you posted. Thank you again for you comments as always they are much appreciated. Keith

Comment is about ray pool (poet profile)

Original item by ray pool

keith jeffries

Tue 30th May 2017 11:03

Kim, this beautifully crafted poem entrances me into a realm of history the portals of which lie at our very doorstep, Thank you indeed. Keith

Comment is about Chalklands (blog)

Original item by Kim Whysall-Hammond

Gelo leysa

Tue 30th May 2017 10:43

True to life experience thou haha. Thanks!

Comment is about Last poem that I will right for you (blog)

Original item by Gelo leysa

Gelo leysa

Tue 30th May 2017 10:41

Thanks for your thoughts I appreciate it.

Comment is about Change (blog)

Original item by Gelo leysa

Tue 30th May 2017 10:34

I love to read pieces of experience like this Keith. I'm interested to know if this happened you or to someone close. I can sort of equate this to any suspension of time backed by fear; while not on this level I was trapped in a holiday chalet with a raging storm last year so this brought back a little of that angst! There is almost an atmosphere of War of the Worlds about the distant threat and the orange glow.

Ray

Comment is about A Wartime Journey (blog)

Original item by keith jeffries

Raj Ferds

Tue 30th May 2017 10:17

Now we're talking Col. I hereby change by name to Chocraj.

Why do you think I'm so full of beans? It's all that seratonin and dopamine I get from the 70% cocoa Dark Chocolate.

I agree to adding understanding to the list but definitely not compromise. I never compromise my bar of chocolate.There's more in the fridge if you want some.

Wish there was a party that promised to sell chocolate at cost. They'd win hands down on 8th June.

And btw the nom nom lyrics is a great way to practice the art of chocolate scoffingπŸ˜‰

Raj

Comment is about hoping for a much improved sequel (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Julian (Admin)

Tue 30th May 2017 10:03

Nous te remercions, Louis. pour tes bonne voeux.

Comment is about From a Canadian friend (blog)

Original item by Louis Audet

Kim Whysall-Hammond

Tue 30th May 2017 09:49

Start breaking up those lines about shoes and love creating worry into a poem....... I managed a few poems when my lads were young, they may not be my best, but they heartfelt and bring it all back now!

My youngest is doing GCSEs right now too.....to me, being the support as they do exams is FAR worse than the middle of the baby night feeds. No wonder you are tired.

Comment is about Milestones (blog)

Original item by Candi

<Deleted User> (13762)

Tue 30th May 2017 09:43

lovely poem Martin but can't help but think your cafe needs cheering up with this chap:

Comment is about rainy day in may (blog)

Original item by Martin Elder

<Deleted User> (13762)

Tue 30th May 2017 09:32

lefty loosey - righty tighty

Comment is about The Trouble With Nuts! (blog)

Original item by John Andrew Nield

<Deleted User> (13762)

Tue 30th May 2017 09:29

is this one of your manifesto pledges Suki?

Comment is about Sanitary Towels For Men (blog)

Original item by Suki Spangles

<Deleted User> (13762)

Tue 30th May 2017 09:06

for once I am lost for words Ray πŸ˜‚

Comment is about HOME STRAIGHT (blog)

Original item by ray pool

<Deleted User> (13762)

Tue 30th May 2017 08:45

I actually quite like the rawness of this. It might not be perfect but I'm not sure I agree that it's all downhill from the second line. There is a start, middle and end to the poem, the three parts connect to each other and the end refers back to the start. The title is excellent and I love the line 'Artex ceiling or stars overhead?'.

with some considered editing, the removal of repeated words and some further thought to rhyme I think you could be on to a winner. But therein lies the difference between a winner poem and just another 'way too many' poem that Adam referred to. It takes time and patience to refine the latter into the former.

WoL is an excellent forum to learn and seek advice so it's good to see that you are open to that Liam. Good luck with your writing.

Colin.

Comment is about Life Loved To Death (blog)

Original item by Liam

Raj Ferds

Tue 30th May 2017 08:37

Thanks for throwing more light on this Colin. What I mean by "single vision" is to encourage unity and sow seeds of love, compassion, dialogue and forgiveness. Yes there has been the odd despot who have misinterpreted this to their own advantage. But I like your perspective.

More light, less heat.
RajπŸ˜ƒ

Comment is about hoping for a much improved sequel (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Liam

Tue 30th May 2017 08:23

Thank you both for your comments. I tend to write my poems the moment that I get an inspiration to do so. I agree that the poem could be developed further, but what I really wanted was feedback. This is in a very raw state and I am sure that it could be improved upon. I found a flow and just went with it, which is maybe a tad lazy. Next time I have an idea I will write it down in a raw state and then edit it to see if it can be developed or expanded upon. πŸ˜ƒ

Comment is about Life Loved To Death (blog)

Original item by Liam

<Deleted User> (13762)

Tue 30th May 2017 07:54

Hello Candi, do you know that Write Out Loud is currently running a poetry competition on the theme of Milestones? I wonder if you could take some of these thoughts - the frayed shoes perhaps - and write them up in a more poetic form. Here's the link if you're interested in submitting something:

btw, I enjoyed your sample poem. Hope you find some time in your exhausting new Mum schedule to post some more of your poems.

all the best,
Colin

Comment is about Milestones (blog)

Original item by Candi

Raj Ferds

Tue 30th May 2017 07:51

I like the idea of this piece dear Rose.

My thoughts for what they're worth:
I believe the reason we are not working in tandem on the set of life is because there's a lack of a united sense of purpose... the absence of a single vision.

Now if you look at it, the opposite of vision is division.
So we have a scenario where directors, producers, scrip writers, actors, extra, cameramen etc all pulling in different directions. And then the core idea 'snaps'. Chaos ensues.

Look we've lost the integrity of the original theme! Any amount of special effects wont save it. At best they are cosmetic.

There's hope though. We can all choreograph a better sequel.

Raj xx

Comment is about hoping for a much improved sequel (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

<Deleted User> (13762)

Tue 30th May 2017 07:42

lots of interesting imagery in your writing Adrian. I think this is my favourite of those that you have posted here on WoL although at times it feels a little convoluted, and caught up in itself. I wonder what your influences are or what you may have studied. To me this has a feel of Romanticism about it in style and content. Hope you enjoy your time here at WoL. All the best, Colin.

Comment is about Withered Leaves (blog)

Original item by Adrian Metcalf

adrian metcalf

Tue 30th May 2017 07:07

Thank you! I really appreciate it πŸ˜ƒ

Comment is about Dear You (First) (blog)

Original item by Adrian Metcalf

Adam Whitworth

Tue 30th May 2017 01:40

Liam, I agree with all that Keith says. Well done.

I'd just add that, even in doom-mode, the first line is the best (=carries the most significance; is worth pursing further, rather than merely being one of many miserable cliches strung together) the second line continues the promising theme- not nearly so well, but that can be remedied- and... it's all downhill from there.
I'd probably go with the idea that, following the first line: we do it anyway. I'd develop that thought even if still ending up miserable about it (other veiws are available) because I think there are way to many poems that amount to "fuck this mate, just fuck it"

Comment is about Life Loved To Death (blog)

Original item by Liam

Mon 29th May 2017 23:21

I could certainly understand "sanity towels" for what we
put up with these days πŸ˜ƒ

Comment is about Sanitary Towels For Men (blog)

Original item by Suki Spangles

keith jeffries

Mon 29th May 2017 23:14

Liam, a poem of doom but rich in reality. I enjoyed the honesty you have portrayed which many must feel at one time or another. Thank you for this. Keith

Comment is about Life Loved To Death (blog)

Original item by Liam

Rose Casserley

Mon 29th May 2017 23:10

reminds me so much of that D.H.Lawrence reference "the sulphurous north"

in this case,the 'not so dry north'

(if this brill poem was describing a scene from your neck of the woods (Rossendale) that is...?

Don't worry guys,I won't mention flat caps,ferrets,or coal in the bath!

😁

Rose πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

Comment is about after midnight in Shouldbepulleddown Street (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Rose Casserley

Mon 29th May 2017 22:57

welcome back guys.

Rose πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

Comment is about Patricia and Stefan Wilde (group profile)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Rose Casserley

Mon 29th May 2017 22:50

Raj,Col,and the recent returnee's P&S,many thanks.

Raj,reassurance is the name of the game in these dark days

Col,ja,tis a bit of a Gandalf'er come to think of it.

P&S,I would be very hard pressed to say yes,let's put it that way.

Cheers again all.

Rose πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

Comment is about the returning curse (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Rose Casserley

Mon 29th May 2017 22:40

aww! my favourite seniors! nice to hear from you guys again
Long time no see.

ta mucho.

Rose πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

Comment is about Spirits of Monday (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Wolfgar Miere

Mon 29th May 2017 22:34

So fucking true!

Comment is about Look what i did (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Kim Whysall-Hammond

Mon 29th May 2017 22:26

A fine poem, lovely description

Comment is about rainy day in may (blog)

Original item by Martin Elder

Wolfgar Miere

Mon 29th May 2017 22:18

Most certainly my favourite reading to date (other than yourself)

Peppered with "Carry On" naughtiness.

It pleases me immensely imagining our seniors enjoying their twilight years with as much guilty pleasure as possible, but this does offer a different take on the words "Rage hard"

Nice one Ray,

David.

Comment is about HOME STRAIGHT (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Mon 29th May 2017 21:42

Just because the memory is so vivid, Graham, doesn't mean that it happened!

Comment is about THE GOBBLER AND BLACK DOG (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

keith jeffries

Mon 29th May 2017 21:05

Ray, this is just so very good. Thank you. Keith

Comment is about HOME STRAIGHT (blog)

Original item by ray pool

kJ Walker

Mon 29th May 2017 20:09

Brilliantly funny. Not sure what the PC police would make of the references to nutters, but as it is the patient himself who uses that word I think you get away with it.
I enjoyed it.
Cheers Kevin

Comment is about The Trouble With Nuts! (blog)

Original item by John Andrew Nield

kJ Walker

Mon 29th May 2017 19:53

You're definitely getting better all the time. I think this is your best yet . I could almost smell the acrid smoke.

Kevin

Comment is about Air Raid (blog)

Original item by keith jeffries

Wolfgar Miere

Mon 29th May 2017 19:37

Its coming!

Comment is about Sanitary Towels For Men (blog)

Original item by Suki Spangles

Mon 29th May 2017 19:23

For all who commented I feel I should point out that I deliberately misspelled Karaoke as Karioky ! Not that you all didn't know that.

Ray

Comment is about O TO BE A POET (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Mon 29th May 2017 19:22

Suki, I am relieved that you thought this kind as I felt I took a liberty at the expense of some aspiring writers. So thanks for that especially!!

Thanks Paul. You're the sort of neighbour I would like when I pull the curtains apart !

Comment is about O TO BE A POET (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Mon 29th May 2017 19:16

A thoroughly good read Hazel. Love Momentum and momentous. I notice the blue murder reference of the owl and then the impact seems to elucidate that. Clever stuff.

Ray

Comment is about Earsplitting (blog)

Original item by Hazel ettridge

Mon 29th May 2017 19:12

Nicely logical Ben - like a circle there is no dividing it, unless of course it fails. I hope it doesn't !

Ray

Comment is about what is trust (blog)

Original item by Ben Chronister

Delia

Mon 29th May 2017 18:51

I love the way your words were magically able to access my emotions, I don't know how you do it but it is wonderful.

Comment is about Dear You (First) (blog)

Original item by Adrian Metcalf

Delia

Mon 29th May 2017 18:42

this. is. amazing.

Comment is about Sanitary Towels For Men (blog)

Original item by Suki Spangles

Delia

Mon 29th May 2017 18:41

this really touched me, you use the english language in such a beautiful way, I can't even describe what it is that I love so much about this poem. All I know is that your writing has access to my spine.
Immediately added you as one of my favourites!

Comment is about Post Traumatic Echos (blog)

Original item by Dana Lyn

kJ Walker

Mon 29th May 2017 18:00

An accurate and well detailed description of the street I grew up in. I liked every bit about it especially the title. I'm feeling all nostalgic about my childhood now.
Cheers Kevin

Comment is about after midnight in Shouldbepulleddown Street (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Connorlannes

Mon 29th May 2017 17:59

Wow. I just got done telling myself that people aren't getting creative enough with their choices of words...but I think in this amazing piece you've really found this amazing balance of uniqueness to understanding! While I understood every element of the scene that you've set up, the unique choices of words to use only layers on to the decedently dark tone you set. Amazing job!

-Connor

Comment is about after midnight in Shouldbepulleddown Street (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Mon 29th May 2017 17:39

beautiful poem Rose

xx

Comment is about my participation in Mothers longest game of hide and seek (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Mon 29th May 2017 17:37

will the returnings ever end? great poem young lady

xx

Comment is about the returning curse (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Mon 29th May 2017 17:34

very very moving piece Rose

xx

Comment is about Spirits of Monday (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Mon 29th May 2017 17:31

and so say two of us!

xx

Comment is about Forever Show Your Love (blog)

Original item by Wendy Higson

John Andrew Nield

Mon 29th May 2017 15:41

Thanks so much for your kind comments, Harry.

This is the first time, I have actively sought 'honest' /real comments on my efforts and (having just been entertained by your fine works and therefore reassured that you 'know what you're talking about'!) I am thoroughly heartened by your response to one of mine.

It is sometimes challenging to be confident enough about your own work, despite your friends telling you that it's 'great stuff' so when independent valid critique is received, it's such a boost.

Much appreciated.

Comment is about 'Pet Project'! (blog)

Original item by John Andrew Nield

◄ Prev123 … 251 … 502 … 631632633634635 … 753 … 1004 … 1255 … 1506 … 1757 … 2008 … 2259 … 250725082509Next ►