Sat 19th Jan 2019 17:30

Fantastic, too obscure for the casual reader, but full of tension and meaning for those leaving aside the water wings. Words it seems can serve many masters and be twisted , wrung out and have power to make changes in the mental environment. Torture is implicit in language, and in its baser techniques.
This poem serves a purpose and releases a silent scream - I hope others might take it on board.

Ray

Comment is about Un-sentenced (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Sat 19th Jan 2019 17:28

With huge thanks to Vautaw for recording "Out of his reach"

I am looking to our next sojourn together.

Po

Comment is about poemagraphic (poet profile)

Original item by poemagraphic

Sat 19th Jan 2019 17:25

Costa Lot has a background noise of a coffee shop.

I have converted my caravan in to a recording studio.

I have set up my keyboard and video camera with a separate mic to get cleaner sound recordings.

I have started to experiment with some new software which is quite a steep learning curve.

Both video and sound software and another version of PhotoShop.

Plus 'Crazy Talk' all of which I have great plans for this year Do.

Po

Comment is about poemagraphic (poet profile)

Original item by poemagraphic

lisa donohoe

Sat 19th Jan 2019 17:20

If their was a clapping emogie I would most definitely use it a hundred times..
This is beautiful πŸ˜ƒ

Comment is about Last Image (blog)

Original item by Ruby

Jason Bayliss

Sat 19th Jan 2019 17:17

Love that. Had to read it a couple of times because it's just great.

Oh and also, really love, "Shit happens when you party naked!"

I can definitely confirm this to be 100% true!😁

Comment is about Alone in Wander (blog)

Original item by Big Sal

Sat 19th Jan 2019 17:15

Well yes, and no Do.

We all have our own thoughts, and interpretations and belief's.

Even no belief, is a belief.

To quote the late great Bruce Lee. "No way is the way"

Po

Comment is about Ashes in a jar (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

lisa donohoe

Sat 19th Jan 2019 17:14

This is a classic..
My dog is the exact same on xmas eve.. (haha)
Bloody marvellous well done πŸ˜ƒ

Comment is about The Dachshund That Loved Christmas (blog)

Original item by Jason Bayliss

lisa donohoe

Sat 19th Jan 2019 17:10

Be sophisticated and live to entrance
Let love endure to be fine and grand

Beautiful πŸ’•
Well done x

Comment is about Harlequin (blog)

lisa donohoe

Sat 19th Jan 2019 17:07

WoW..
Each word 'spoke directly to my soul friend... Your use of words bring light to my life and make me smile bigger then the cat from alice in wonder land....
Well done πŸ˜ƒx

Comment is about Reality of life. (blog)

Original item by Ghazala Lari

lisa donohoe

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:51

That comment was encouraging Jacob as it made me feel safe known im not making a mockery of others who are more passionate then I ...
Since WOL ... It gave me a much needed boost to work on my vocabulary and use words I would never even say in speech let alone write.. Thanks to everyone on here that gave me that push by simply reading their awesome poems. Especially your's my friend.... I feel myself coming out of my shell and believing with more work and knowledge that I too, can have my work placed along side other talented individuals like yourself.. May we all shine like the diamonds we are. πŸ˜ƒ

Comment is about R. kelly (blog)

Original item by Lysa d

AVISHEK GHOSH

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:47

Thought provoking

Comment is about Reality of life. (blog)

Original item by Ghazala Lari

Becky Who

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:46

M.C., I admire you for your strength if conviction. I think I took the girl guide promise (not quite an oath maybe) as a kid, and I sure as hell haven't kept it as I am incapable of believing in God. On reflection, I couldn't currently imagine myself as an adult swearing an oath to anything at all - not nation, not organisation, nothing. You've left me rather hoping I will not find myself in that position. Guess I better check what's required of me to have French citizenship (= not something I want or desire, but now necessary to try to keep my job and live in the country of my children) before I get too far with the horrendous dossier.

Please, there is no criticism at all in this M.C. You have left me genuinely intruigued and reflective.

Comment is about My Brexit Poem (blog)

Original item by Becky Who

Ghazala Lari

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:41

Thank you Big sal. I am happy to be a part of this wonderful crowd.

Po....i am here too....i hope i can contribute something good here.

Comment is about ASPIRING POETS WANTED! (blog)

Becky Who

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:40

Hi poemographic,

I agree with the first part of what you say. I don't know if fully accountable politicians, or a system that holds them fully to account, exists or is even possible. They say what they need to say to get into power and then are rarely held to account to their promises. A lot of the power is not even held by the politicians, but by the hidden unelected money pushers. I'll have to find that Arthur C. Clarke quote.

However, a good orator that could unite us all would be exactly the type of politician I would fear the most. Someone who could "unite" i.e. manipulate us all by the power of what they say, by saying what we want to hear in a way we find attractive.... That's not necessarily neither a skilled nor a moral politician, but it is a technique shared by a lot of dictators and fascists... In this day and age it is up to us all to think critically and intelligently about all messages we receive in all forms. (In this vein, a truly democratic education should give us all the means to perform this kind of reflection. But I think it's a Charlie Brown cartoon that says "no one is going to give you the education you need to overthrow them).

Comment is about My Brexit Poem (blog)

Original item by Becky Who

Big Sal

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:32

Thank YOU, Ghazala.πŸ™‚

You are now added to the group as well. Feel free to post a poem anytime.

Po is there and stoking the fire already.πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯😏

Comment is about ASPIRING POETS WANTED! (blog)

Big Sal

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:28

Like a slow dance in a town painted red.🎨

Comment is about Harlequin (blog)

Ghazala Lari

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:26

Thank you so much for trusting me. I hope i can contribute to the standards of the group. I pray for success for each member of the group.

I feel honoured being a part of this new family. Thank you Big Sal!!

Comment is about ASPIRING POETS WANTED! (blog)

Big Sal

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:25

β€œMildewed” is the word here that most stuck with me.

πŸ‘

Comment is about Last Image (blog)

Original item by Ruby

Big Sal

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:22

Oh you’re good Lisa. To be honest, I never read poetry outside of Pablo Neruda and a few others until I came to WOL too.

It definitely is a springboard for a lot of stuff in the poetry world. We’re right below the skin waiting to burst out. Much like a poetic pustule.πŸ˜‚

Comment is about R. kelly (blog)

Original item by Lysa d

dorinda macdowell

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:21

Thanks, Nigel: sounds fantastic! - love, D x

Comment is about Stockport WoL (group profile)

Original item by Stockport WoL

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:15

point well made MC

If only we had someone in a position of power who is brave enough to say what they mean, and mean what they say.

AND Then to follow it though to the bitter-sweet end.

Somebody who had the oratory power to unite us all.

That would be a person I 'Would' vote for.

Comment is about My Brexit Poem (blog)

Original item by Becky Who

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:09

I am so pleased to see how us 'Brits' can agree to differ.

Po

Comment is about THE RUNAWAY TRAIN (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Dolly L.

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:07

Life is ashes for the body, the soul shall never die.

This life is only a test for afterlife. Those who succeed are lucky and those who fail shall for ever regret. Regrets then will not fetch anything for we shall never get a return ticket to earth the second time.

Afterlife...or no afterlife.....chances are 50-50. Those who believe in afterlife have nothing to lose, if there b afterlife, they will win and if there is no afterlife, they have nothing to lose.
But those who deny afterlife shall be double losers, for if there is no afterlife they have nothing to gain and if there is afterlife then punishment for sure for them in store shall be kept.
So believers have nothing to lose
Disbelievers have nothing to gain but much to lose

Choices you make, prices you pay.

Believe and win the heaven
Or
Disbelieve and lose heaven and live in hell

There will be no death in the second life in afterlife. So the disbelivers will have to endure the life of hell for they had chosen it by disbelieving in it when living on earth.

Make a wise choice dear fellow human beings. And live happily till eternity

Comment is about Ashes in a jar (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Sat 19th Jan 2019 16:05

Seen and noted, Becky. I was, however, indicating how betrayal is
possible when an oath of such magnitude in its historical context can
be suborned to political dishonesty. If you're going to act like that
in public office then any other deed of deceit and dissembling is
possible to have one's will over the electorate. As it has been said
elsewhere: a man (woman) is only good for one oath at a time.

Comment is about My Brexit Poem (blog)

Original item by Becky Who

Sat 19th Jan 2019 15:58

Thanks JC. In fairness, I am content with the risk taken in this high
stakes state of affairs. What I'm not happy about is the way our
politicians have conducted themselves over my lifetime when it
was their duty to make the electorate fully aware of what was planned at the outset - clearly known to those who have been signing up to things ever since the trading concept was put to -
and agreed by the people of the country, even though it saw us persuaded to abandon our Commonwealth allies in the process.
Not a creditable carry-on whatever way it is looked at, considering
what had so recently gone before. And now we see a "sovereign Europe" seeking its own army! Napoleon, the Kaiser and the Fuhrer would surely be nodding happily. Those seeking
political power should be given a psychiatric evaluation at the outset and regular lie-detector tests thereafter. 😫

Comment is about THE RUNAWAY TRAIN (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Sat 19th Jan 2019 15:57

If only we could burn calories by writing
I would be positively skellatory

Loved this bit of reflection

Po

Comment is about January Blues (blog)

Original item by Hazel Connelly

Sat 19th Jan 2019 15:54

Mmmmmm

Bathing in your words.

deep, positive, powerful.

Po

Comment is about For the rest of the world (blog)

Original item by Hallielle Rose Dawson

lisa donohoe

Sat 19th Jan 2019 15:51

Thank you po.. I am aware of that already my friend and I think its a marvelous idea. All for one " and one for all... No room for ego boosting which helps keep the mind focused on the more important aspects of poetry.. I am learning so much and I will be forever grateful towards all you extraordinary poet's who have opened my eyes to the bigger world of poetry.. πŸ˜€

Comment is about The battle within (blog)

Sat 19th Jan 2019 15:51

Is there life before life?

There is only one life!

Eternity.... this is it!

We are in it, right here right now!

There never was a time when you were not
There will never be a time when you are not

I am, so therefore I must be.

Po

Comment is about Ashes in a jar (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Stu Buck

Sat 19th Jan 2019 15:47

cheers ray. glad you liked it. i dont come on much anymore as you may have noticed, i'm working behind the scenes a bit now and i dont have as much time to read the work on here what with the new book and various projects.

i did post a piece yesterday about the worlds quietest room, its here if you feel like reading it.

hope your well, see you on that there facebook!

Comment is about shedding velvet in monochrome/a field in england (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

Sat 19th Jan 2019 15:46

Dave I will inspire others when I have left here after I have moved on.

I will never stop for I am legion

"This is actually a biblical quote with some deeply sinister implications.

In the Bible, Jesus comes upon a man possessed by a demon, and asks him "what is thy name," according to the King James version.

The verses continue, "And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many."

This eternal good vs evil biblical stuff is so old hat.

I never said there is no such thing and good and evil

One can not exist without the other...

It's all a matter of perspective.

Po

Comment is about Ashes in a jar (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

lisa donohoe

Sat 19th Jan 2019 15:41

I have a major confession guy's... I do not read poetry apart from what I see on WOL.. Not because of any reason apart from I just love to write. Reading was never a hobbie of mine and I never had much interest. Successful poet's have never crossed my mind or eyes.. I just love to write and express my opinions with Word's that I see fit, if something pulls on my heartstrings I am sure to express it on paper. When my emotions get the better of me I always feel better after I share it in my journal in a fun poetic way. My response towards those with the power to stand against all the wrongs was directed at presidents ' governments ' famous musical artists. Famous people in general who have billions of followers and instead of getting people on board about things that matter they post meaningless selfies.. It was not directed at the amazing poet's in our world. And most certainly not directed at the lovely poets on WOL.. I feel that I am not on the same wave length as most only because I am not well educated on poet's ' poems or authors. Expression is important to me. Thats pretty much why I signed up to WOL. If my honesty offended you I sincerely apologize. If my lack of knowledge about poetry has upset you I also apologize. I am not here to mock anyone and I most certainly do not think im to great and superior to read many books or poem's.. My interests simply stand with writing. Since WOL I have learned alot. I see views from all angles and how everyone expresses themselves wows me. I have had the pleasure of speaking with alot of cool interesting down to earth individuals who I now class as on line friend's. I admire everyones passion for poetry in this group and I find you all amazing and gifted..
I write for fun and dont expect much in return for my poems. I can feel everyone here has either made it or is trying to make it in the world of poetry. I wish you all the best and again' apologies for the lack of knowledge about the things you are all super passionate about... Love and light lisa x

Comment is about R. kelly (blog)

Original item by Lysa d

Sat 19th Jan 2019 15:37

Excellent stuff Lisa..

Because you post from 'inside the temple' other members can not hit the like button... the reason being, here it is "One for all and all for one". (where have I heard that before)

If you wish it known that you authored the poem then sign it at the end... or If you wish you may remain anon and part of the collective.

A bit like to 'Borg'..... NO! nothing like the Borg!

We are the sworn enemy of anyone or anything that attempts to
control the individual and make them conform to a single thought or plan.

Po

Comment is about The battle within (blog)

Dave Caplan

Sat 19th Jan 2019 15:28

WE are life before death.
Perhaps the question should be "Is there life before life?"

Shit ! I've missed my vocation...I should have been a bloody Philosopher.

Sorry PO.....this debate will go on long after we are gone.

Comment is about Ashes in a jar (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Big Sal

Sat 19th Jan 2019 14:49

That’d be great Ghazala, it’d be wonderful to have you join us on this. If you wish to, simply let me add you to the Group page and we can go from there.

I really appreciate so many great poets turning out for this.βœŠπŸΎπŸ’―

Comment is about ASPIRING POETS WANTED! (blog)

Ghazala Lari

Sat 19th Jan 2019 14:37

a great attempt. i second your move. one little step makes all the difference. all my support to the group. if i can be of any help please let me know.

all the best to all of you. great going!!!

Comment is about ASPIRING POETS WANTED! (blog)

Jon Stainsby

Sat 19th Jan 2019 14:27

πŸ‘

Comment is about Parliament (blog)

Ghazala Lari

Sat 19th Jan 2019 14:23

no shame at all... i like your work.

writing a series is a good idea. but keep the titles same and keep it in one blog entry so that it can be understood. or keep some way to track the series.

looking forward to it.

Comment is about Another day on the job (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Ghazala Lari

Sat 19th Jan 2019 14:19

Thank you for the explanation for the first two lines. I am myself a believer in after life. so i totally agree with your explanation.

your questions: How can we even know where the path will be?

The sign often obscured, impossible to see

Is it the left hand path, or maybe the right?

Or, perhaps the middle ground leads to the light?

Left wing and right wing mean little to me

answer: the path is only one, just one. other paths are only deception. they don't take one to destination rather take them away from our destination in heaven.

left hand path is always suppose to be wrong for it leads to hell.
the right hand path is the best and easy path to tread.
middle path - mediocre choice, most people fall in this category, who tread this path, often getting closer to left path and deviating then repenting and getting closer to right path almost making to heaven. a very dicey path it is...may lead to hell or heaven depends upon the last moments of life which way you are directed more - towards the left path or the right.

above all it is the mercy and gift of Allah to bless us with paradise.

Comment is about Ashes in a jar (blog)

Original item by poemagraphic

Big Sal

Sat 19th Jan 2019 14:19

Strength to you, Ghazala. Strength and lots of virtue.❀

Comment is about Ghazala Lari (poet profile)

Original item by Ghazala Lari

Big Sal

Sat 19th Jan 2019 14:16

Hello Hazel,

Hope you're doing well this New Year.

Lovely poem full of bliss from the day after.

🌷

Comment is about January Blues (blog)

Original item by Hazel Connelly

Big Sal

Sat 19th Jan 2019 14:15

Yes, this is poetry.

I love the vibe of this already, the whole idea of helping with words and making a tangible difference - it brings the words to life in a whole new way for me.

Great fucking poem.πŸ‘

Comment is about Parliament (blog)

Ghazala Lari

Sat 19th Jan 2019 14:12

Po I am eagerly looking forward to your poem out of reach - the audio version.

the new audio of yours is also good. if you could choose a silent background while recording, it will be good.

anyways a great effort.
btw where is your studio and what it is all about?

Comment is about poemagraphic (poet profile)

Original item by poemagraphic

Ghazala Lari

Sat 19th Jan 2019 14:09

Thank you so much dear Po.

Comment is about Ghazala Lari (poet profile)

Original item by Ghazala Lari

Sat 19th Jan 2019 14:04

No place to tick a like!

I like it

Po

Comment is about Parliament (blog)

Big Sal

Sat 19th Jan 2019 14:00

I apologize to Lisa for turning her poem into a great discussion board, but Po is right.

Collaboration is key to success as poets for us. We just can't afford to take the 'one in a million' approach that most poets like Rupi Kaur take to get successful.

Social media is here for good or ill, it's not like Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg are complaining. Po, I think I need to PM you my thoughts on this, but seeing as Lisa is already one with us, I think it could benefit her too.

I'll see.

Comment is about R. kelly (blog)

Original item by Lysa d

Sat 19th Jan 2019 14:00

The invite was to Lysa Big Guy

Lisa was a contender from the start lol

We are growing daily together
It has started

Comment is about R. kelly (blog)

Original item by Lysa d

Sat 19th Jan 2019 13:56

I spend a lot of my time here reading comments on other poets work. Sadly few poems have enough 'poets' to speak up about some very important topics.
Now these poets are doing a good job (in their own minds) to make a difference to our world.

But how many people read what we write and understand what we write and then ACT on what we write?

Together we have the tools to reach out across the globe literally.

Give your poetry to the people I say.

YEP! just more words... A C T !

A few brave poets with not only their own words, together with the best of the best poems minds can conceive and the images, photographs, music... Collaborate... Collaborate... Collaborate

Stand up and speak the words... Walk the talk Literally.

Find others who can help you arrange nights in small venues that are cheap or free to hire. Collect names and emails txt numbers.

Slowly getting larger venues... larger audiences.
Social media is there to use... For ALL!

This year I made a decision to take it to the streets!

STAND OUT ABOVE THE NOISE AND DIN!

You are the only one who can do it.... You

If you Like me are thinking "I feel I wish I could do more".
THINK NO MORE

The time for thinking has past

It is time to act!

WOL is a great recruiting ground.
Look around see whos around

What have you got they need?
What have they got you need?

Do it and do it NOW!

Po

Comment is about R. kelly (blog)

Original item by Lysa d

Big Sal

Sat 19th Jan 2019 13:38

To Lisa: πŸ’

To Po: She is already a member buddy! Check the memo! 😳

But I digress and agree with both of you.

Comment is about R. kelly (blog)

Original item by Lysa d

lisa donohoe

Sat 19th Jan 2019 13:33

Big sal I stay away from news and social media and newspapers as much as I can! As far as politics go ' I am a foreigner.. I avoid like the plague because it doesn't matter what you vote' everything is a fix..in every country including my own.. Our government is scum and toxic... But its how we support those who win that counts.. Their no good if we ignore them.. I know if guns wore legal in Ireland we would have shot them all by now (haha) ... We stood up againts alot of wrongs and we won.. People is power and people hold more power united as one... Trump knows this and tried to master divide in order to make Americans weak enough to take down separately...
I pray more wake up and learn that no one is better then anyone and no race is more superior then another.. We're only strong when we stand tall along side one another hand in hand ... We have the power to change our world ' but to many to selfish to even try.. And those complaining but not acting need to cop on more then most πŸ˜ƒ

Comment is about R. kelly (blog)

Original item by Lysa d

123 … 255 … 510 … 765 … 1020 … 1275 … 1530 … 1785 … 2040 … 2295 … 254025412542Next ►