Colin Hill

Thu 21st Sep 2017 08:39

you need one of these 😃 Desmond.

Comment is about The Last Leaf (blog)

Original item by DESMOND CHILDS

Colin Hill

Thu 21st Sep 2017 08:38

nice one Ray - a musical poem from our resident busker of words. I throw my pennies in your hat mate. Go buy a beer and some nosh for the dog. Have a nice day 😃

Comment is about MUSIC POEM (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Colin Hill

Thu 21st Sep 2017 08:34

topical also for the groups of youngsters riding in packs through city streets pulling tricks and wheelies. I know it's dangerous but it looks kinda wicked too. I remember fitting them big wide handle bars to our bikes in the 70's which made us feel like we were in Easy Rider but they were too easy to snap if you pulled too many wheelies. In the end I think we had bars welded across to give them extra support. Those were the days. But I'm not condoning any of the unruly practices in your excellent poem Martin.
C😃L

Comment is about cracked (blog)

Original item by Martin Elder

kealan coady

Thu 21st Sep 2017 08:21

Interesting poem. I happen to think sin is important. Often, the worse the better. If it weren't for sins like indulgence we wouldn't have so many beautifult writings such as Bukowski and Hunter Thompson. Anyway, a well written piece. The only problem i saw is that part regarding 'destined to hell in which we already live' How can u be going somewhere u already are? Unless this was intentional? Nice piece overall though.

Comment is about Sins which we are (blog)

Original item by Silverrust

Colin Hill

Thu 21st Sep 2017 08:12

I like the idea of writing poems about / to your sleeping child - a theme that could be easily developed into an illustrated book. When it's published send me a copy 😃

Comment is about Do you (blog)

Original item by yannahnorth

Colin Hill

Thu 21st Sep 2017 08:06

excellent poem Johnathan 😃

Comment is about Invitation To Move On (blog)

Original item by Jonathan Humble

Colin Hill

Thu 21st Sep 2017 08:04

love it 😃

Comment is about new leaf (blog)

Original item by jan oskar hansen

Colin Hill

Thu 21st Sep 2017 08:02

I'm out the shed, gaffer tape ripped off and raring to go again Hazel. I think I try and put onto the page the things I am unable to say out loud - which is most things! Sorry to make you cry. Have a smiley face by way of apology 😃
Thanks.
C😃L

Comment is about Summer Broken (blog)

Original item by Colin Hill

Colin Hill

Thu 21st Sep 2017 07:57

thank you Hazel - it means so much when I read a comment like that and know that the reader has made such a special connection to something I have written. Many thanks and hugs. C😃L

Comment is about a peculiar feeling (blog)

Original item by Colin Hill

Colin Hill

Thu 21st Sep 2017 07:53

thank you all for the lovely comments on my crap poem 😃 which I have to admit was not autobiographical in the sense that I'm not one of those men in motors sitting in supermarket car parks. In fact I do pretty much all of the grocery shopping in our household but I see plenty of them dotted about as I walk in from my car.

I agree the rhyming could do with some tweaking but then what do you expect from a crap poem 😃

Ray, I reckon so - have been thinking about reading this at my next sell out live performance. I'll let you know when tickets go on sale 😃

cheers lovelies
C😃l.

PS: It's smiley face Thursday. Pass it on 😃

Comment is about crap poem written in a supermarket car park (blog)

Original item by Colin Hill

Randy Horton

Thu 21st Sep 2017 07:17

I would be impressed to find anyone in England who finds "no gap too small to fit"! Very evocative.

Comment is about cracked (blog)

Original item by Martin Elder

Raj Ferds

Thu 21st Sep 2017 07:00

I bet that smile upon his face was him dreaming there was a black belt for Tai Chi -- and he was just awarded one.
What a way to go!!

There's more than sweet conversation here.
I see an enduring friendship, stunning in its simplicity.

Nice one Laura.

Comment is about Tai Chi (blog)

Original item by Laura Taylor

Randy Horton

Thu 21st Sep 2017 06:53

Thanks, Martin. Hope to see you 11 October in New Mills or at another future date.

Comment is about History of Philosophy in Rhyming Quatrains - the ancients (blog)

Original item by Randy Horton

Randy Horton

Thu 21st Sep 2017 06:52

Thanks, Ray. I fear there may be bad luck comparing my little poems to Omar Khayyam! But I do appreciate it.

Original item by Randy Horton

Raj Ferds

Thu 21st Sep 2017 06:33

Nice one Graham. All therapeutic.

Raj

Comment is about ennui (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

DESMOND CHILDS

Thu 21st Sep 2017 06:26

Great poem Johnathan,as they say time wait for no man. So well draw in words.

Comment is about Invitation To Move On (blog)

Original item by Jonathan Humble

yannahnorth

Thu 21st Sep 2017 04:16

I could see this all in my mind as i continued reading. Beautiful.

Comment is about The ringmaster sandwich poem / the nowhere poems (blog)

Original item by david patrick simon

Natasha Townsend

Wed 20th Sep 2017 23:01

Oof. It's strong this!

Comment is about Bottoms Up (blog)

Original item by Albert Van Skywalker

Natasha Townsend

Wed 20th Sep 2017 23:00

Love this poem Ray. Was drawn in immediately by the image splatting off walls. Well good. Stumbled a little over the rhythm of the last two lines in both verse 2 & 3. Always a fan.

Comment is about MUSIC POEM (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Natasha Townsend

Wed 20th Sep 2017 22:56

An intriguing figure. Reminds me of people watching, one of my favourite pastimes.

Comment is about cracked (blog)

Original item by Martin Elder

Martin Elder

Wed 20th Sep 2017 22:47

I love the whole piece but the line that stands out for me is
'settled upon your pale thigh. trouble is I almost feel voyeuristic making that comment. But despite that this poem has a n almost ethereal quality for me.
Nice one Stu

Comment is about rapture (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

Martin Elder

Wed 20th Sep 2017 22:40

are you feeling any less bored now you have written down or are you still bored. One thing is for sure Rose your poetry can never be accused of being boring. I can always rely on you to wake me out of my stupor
Nice one girl

Comment is about ennui (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Martin Elder

Wed 20th Sep 2017 22:35

Lovely poem Hazel right from the opening line of
'the ink penetrates this parchment' right through to the end
Fabulous

Comment is about Message in a bottle (blog)

Original item by Hazel ettridge

Wed 20th Sep 2017 22:32

This is all attitude Martin. Even as a kid I remember the bravado of guys like this - they were called yobs. Often with turned up dropped bars (cowhorns). I suppose a forerunner of the bikers. Not to say there weren't genuine adventurers. The poem moves nicely and takes us back. In addition, it is topical in terms of the recent jailing of the fixed wheel twat with something to prove.

Ray

Comment is about cracked (blog)

Original item by Martin Elder

Martin Elder

Wed 20th Sep 2017 22:27

This is a telling indictment of a secret world that quite a few people are in that the rest of humanity very often know little or nothing about. Thanks for posting this

Comment is about Cut (blog)

Original item by Meike

Martin Elder

Wed 20th Sep 2017 22:25

this is a lovely story around the circus and memories of going to the circus. marvellous stuff.

Comment is about Ringmaster / the nowhere poems (blog)

Original item by david patrick simon

Martin Elder

Wed 20th Sep 2017 22:22

Fabulous poem Randy as all of your work. Always thought provoking. I think agree with Colin with Heraclitus being my favourite.
sorry I missed new mills last week. In the end, I had too much going on. Hope it all went well.
Cheers
Martin

Original item by Randy Horton

Martin Elder

Wed 20th Sep 2017 22:17

this is a beautiful piece Laura all based around a wonderfully simple conversation between you and him.
Nice one

Comment is about Tai Chi (blog)

Original item by Laura Taylor

kealan coady

Wed 20th Sep 2017 22:16

Thanks Andy that means a lot man

Comment is about The Sea As Sigil (blog)

Original item by Kealan Coady

Martin Elder

Wed 20th Sep 2017 22:12

love the interplay of decorating with music here Ray, particularly that opening line
'I scraped some music off the walls'
marvellous stuff

Comment is about MUSIC POEM (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Wed 20th Sep 2017 21:30

To think this is happening all over the bleeding country Col. That really depresses me - especially as i'm one who uses cynicism as a satnav.
A good one for live readings I reckon.

Ray

Comment is about crap poem written in a supermarket car park (blog)

Original item by Colin Hill

Wed 20th Sep 2017 21:26

Clever and witty with a superb dedication to a cause. A real feat of achievement Randy. At the moment i'm wending my way through the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. It's got nothing on this baby!

Ray

Original item by Randy Horton

Wed 20th Sep 2017 21:20

Wonderfully simple and simply wonderful Laura. Not a great advert for Tai Chi, but the power of hope is in there.
So impressed by thy grasp of the medium!

Ray

Comment is about Tai Chi (blog)

Original item by Laura Taylor

DESMOND CHILDS

Wed 20th Sep 2017 20:35

Right up my street,phantom baby,angel or real stolen baby. Do agree with Grahams remarks, could have been starker,darker.Like it lots Though 😀

Comment is about Angel (blog)

Original item by Hannah Collins

Wed 20th Sep 2017 20:05

Mark, thank you for expanding the theme. So many stories flesh out that period and the civilian numbers killed far outweighed fighting troops. Off to Blenheim tomorrow home of Churchill and his glass case of toy soldiers!

Thank you Tony for following this. It is hard to capture the horror in poetic terms, but the moral dilemmas will always be there to be examined. As I understand, the fighting of the Japanese was so insane that they wouldn't surrender, maybe triggering the H bomb event. Of course as with all technology, it had to be used to be proven in a way.

Fascinating log of travel Col. I was a muso in Germany three times and went to the Reeperbahn, and other cities. They just seemed to have more funding available somehow than our lot!

David, you can only get a feel for the realities of life by meeting old and wiser heads, those affected which after all is shared in common with the enemy, rightly expressed. Chess with the masters is what's wanted with those two.

The future of war Martin - what's it to be? - probably germ based I imagine. Thanks for your full comments .

Ray Love to all.

Comment is about JUDGEMENT DAY (blog)

Original item by ray pool

David Taylor-Jones

Wed 20th Sep 2017 18:58

Lovely lyricism, this one flows beautifully, to lose your muse

Comment is about SunBeams (blog)

Original item by MyDystopiA

Rich

Wed 20th Sep 2017 17:49

I couldn't agree more.

Free minds is what we're after.

Comment is about Teach (blog)

Original item by Rich

Wed 20th Sep 2017 17:40

Thanks very much Rose-off tut pub now-later girl-MUCH!

P&S xx

Comment is about KIDOLOGY KOMMANDO (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Martin Elder

Wed 20th Sep 2017 17:00

well if this is crap there's not much hope for me. Just wondering whether you might be the man sitting waiting for his wife. Just sitting watching life go by can be a great source of material to write about. My wife hates shopping so it is usually me that does it.
I do love these observational poems and this one is certainly a good one
keep them coming Col

Martin

Comment is about crap poem written in a supermarket car park (blog)

Original item by Colin Hill

Martin Elder

Wed 20th Sep 2017 16:51

This is a very thought provoking piece Ray about which only a now aging population probably have direct memories of. But none the less present and future generations should not forget the fallibility of mankind. After all the first world war was meant to be the war to end all wars. slaughter of any kind on any scale can be very difficult to justify.
nice one Ray

Comment is about JUDGEMENT DAY (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Alexander Watson

Wed 20th Sep 2017 16:51

Nice and simple, easy to read and conjures up vivid images. Good work.

Comment is about All I have (blog)

Original item by Silverrust

Laura Taylor

Wed 20th Sep 2017 16:44

Ha, I bet he did as well!

Thanks Graham.

Comment is about Tai Chi (blog)

Original item by Laura Taylor

Wed 20th Sep 2017 16:10

Contemporary indeed! It interests me to see how the old
religions, founded when ignorance and simple faith went
hand in hand, adjust (or otherwise!) when faced with
Mankind's increasing knowledge of the world and its place
in it - and beyond! It's no longer enough to put a human
face and a campfire story on a belief to carry it forward
to continued conviction. This has to be the most intractable problem facing Christianity. The rest let
themselves off the hook in other ways and the common
cursed denominator throughout time is to attack and
destroy the differing viewpoint - using words like heretic
and unbeliever/infidel. Even within, there is the search
for power and influence - and so it goes on.
Give me simple humanity and kindness, allied to an open
mind, any day of the week!

Comment is about from face to faith (blog)

Original item by jan oskar hansen

Wed 20th Sep 2017 15:59

Tony - thanks for the companionable comments. There's something about autumn - the end heralding a new beginning - that strikes a chord deep within us.

Comment is about LEAVES AND LIVES (blog)

Original item by M.C. Newberry

Randy Horton

Wed 20th Sep 2017 14:43

Thanks very much, Laura.

Original item by Randy Horton

Wed 20th Sep 2017 14:15

Now he's left you wondering if he farted just before departing.
A delicately placed conversational piece, nicely written Laura.

Comment is about Tai Chi (blog)

Original item by Laura Taylor

Nigel Astell

Wed 20th Sep 2017 14:12

thanks andy n

Comment is about Poetic Madness To Die For! (blog)

Original item by Nigel Astell

Wed 20th Sep 2017 13:59

jane wilcock

Sun 22nd Sep 2013 15:04

Brill. (I fell over a chair in a pile of chairs at a gallery once and was rebuked for it. Difficult to know where it should go back I said). One persons luggage is another persons trash!

Post above written by Jane
😃

Comment is about jane wilcock (poet profile)

Original item by jane wilcock

Laura Taylor

Wed 20th Sep 2017 13:29

First off, I am tickled by the thought of someone doing this 'for fun'. My kind of person 😃

Second, I love it. It's clever and funny, with consistent structures to each one. Don't think I've seen anything like this before either. Nice one!

Original item by Randy Horton

Hannah Collins

Wed 20th Sep 2017 12:59

Hello Graham, I enjoyed the video about dance and juggling very much.

Thank you for your comment on my poem Angel.
I don't know myself what happened but I tried to show the detail of an ordinary normal day against the horror of a missing child. Thanks for your encouragement.

Comment is about Graham Sherwood (poet profile)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

123 … 205 … 410 … 615 … 820 … 1025 … 1230 … 1435 … 1640 … 1845 … 204420452046Next ►