keith jeffries

Wed 31st May 2017 15:27

Hello Wayne, and there I was in suspense. Keith

Comment is about My Wife (blog)

Original item by Wayne Riley

keith jeffries

Wed 31st May 2017 15:24

Hello Cynthia, Thank you for your comment. Point taken but I take some delight being nice before going in for the kill. Thanks again. Keith

Comment is about Politicians (blog)

Original item by keith jeffries

Wed 31st May 2017 15:21

There's nothing depressing about thinking, unless you feel that you, and only you, have the 'right' answers. Now that would be DEPRESSING.

Enjoy the journey. Read a lot, listen a lot, and say little until you have something to say which is worth sharing. Poetry is an excellent medium for practising opinions, because writing in 'shorthand' requires precision of ideas and adequate vocabulary to express them.

Is that you in the photo up top?

Comment is about Ben Chronister (poet profile)

Original item by Ben Chronister

Wed 31st May 2017 15:12

Good question. Keep thinking. And writing.

Comment is about yin yang (blog)

Original item by Ben Chronister

Wed 31st May 2017 15:10

What started like a fair and valid question quickly became a stolid opinion entirely off the point first made. IMO,leave off the first four lines and get right into what you really intend to say.

Good rhyming.

Comment is about Politicians (blog)

Original item by keith jeffries

Wed 31st May 2017 15:03

Very interesting poem, from a unique perspective. I've read it three times to be as sure as I can be that I understand what you are saying.

Very interesting poem.

Comment is about valediction (blog)

Original item by Jemima Jones

Wolfgar Miere

Wed 31st May 2017 14:34

Its a lovely poem Martin and very true to my mind.

I once saw a old celebrity in a cafe very much like you describe here, near Hampstead Heath, he was disheveled and talking away to himself rather sadly and disturbingly. He finished his coffee and wandered off onto the Heath.

This piece being so descriptive immediately brought that memory to mind, this surely indicates authenticity and powerful writing.

David.

Comment is about rainy day in may (blog)

Original item by Martin Elder

Wolfgar Miere

Wed 31st May 2017 14:27

Love this Tom,

I have old shoes I love and cannot bring myself to throw away, maybe because its like giving up on cherished belief as you seem to be suggesting.

David.

Comment is about Your Shoes (blog)

Original item by Tom Harding

Wolfgar Miere

Wed 31st May 2017 14:24

That is a great image Graham, very much puts me in mind of The Division Bell and Lobby.

A very civilized disagreement which often precede's incivility.

David.

Comment is about Demos-Haiku (blog)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Wolfgar Miere

Wed 31st May 2017 14:16

Thanks Colin and Graham,

i've been a big fan of JT since i was a teenager! blimey...

Your absolutely right about JT's own struggles with addiction and mental health Graham, in truth that is why i utilized the Fire and Rain lyric which refers to a melt-down of his own and a decline into addiction.

I suspect some use drugs in the hope it might expand their minds, I think Jim Morrison and the Doors were early beneficiaries of that philosophy.

The rest is inspired by my own exposure to the world of private rehab clinics, strange indeed.

David.

Comment is about The Priory (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Mikhail Smith

Wed 31st May 2017 14:09

Hello Graham, thanks very much for your comments. Not the most pleasant subject to be inspired by, but I think we have to release our thoughts before we accept sadness and then just gradually forget. Think I'll go back to a more light-hearted approach ! ... thanks.

Comment is about Graham Sherwood (poet profile)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Mikhail Smith

Wed 31st May 2017 14:02

Hello Laura .. thanks for your kind comment. Not a happy subject but I wrote it quickly to get my thoughts out of the way, it's easy to go on dwelling on sad news for ever .. Cheers!

Comment is about Laura Taylor (poet profile)

Original item by Laura Taylor

Mikhail Smith

Wed 31st May 2017 13:58

Hello Colin, thank-you for your comment. Yes it's not my usual style which emerges onto the paper. I think I just wanted to get my thoughts in order before the inquest which was imminent. Not a happy subject ! Thanks again.

Comment is about Colin Hill (poet profile)

Original item by Colin Hill

Mikhail Smith

Wed 31st May 2017 13:49

Hello Martin.thanks very much for your comment. The 'chords of flowers' refers to him being a musician and of course all the flowers that my wife had to receive . Thanks.

Comment is about Martin Elder (poet profile)

Original item by Martin Elder

Mikhail Smith

Wed 31st May 2017 13:43

Hello Ben ... thank-you for your comment on my recent poem. It's great when people find something in your words .. Cheers.

Comment is about Ben Chronister (poet profile)

Original item by Ben Chronister

Mikhail Smith

Wed 31st May 2017 13:37

Hello Frances, thanks for your kind comment. Hope I'm not inspired to any more like that ! cheers.

Comment is about Frances Macaulay Forde (poet profile)

Original item by Frances Macaulay Forde

Hazel ettridge

Wed 31st May 2017 12:55

Thank you for the feedback Cynthia - useful and constructive as ever. I had already edited out quite a few words but maybe not enough. I was going for the richness of the moment - smelling the roses as life speeds past us - but need to reflect more on this. Perhaps I can't have both.

Comment is about Earsplitting (blog)

Original item by Hazel ettridge

Trevor Wainwright

Wed 31st May 2017 12:50

This seems interesting but has no contact details, I found out about it last week through a friend at an open mic. I have contacted Radio Leeds with my details and am waiting their reply which hopefully they will.

Comment is about National Poetry Day and BBC team up with OED to unearth local words for poems (article)

Jemima Jones

Wed 31st May 2017 12:09

my questions are Raj,doesn't someone like you have enough of the opposite sex to last you a lifetime,and beyond? Or are you simply keeping yourself until Mrs Right comes along?Not a hermit by any chance are you?Loved the poem.Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about Are you out there? (blog)

Original item by Chakraj

Jemima Jones

Wed 31st May 2017 11:42

so much imagery! A great read Patricia.Well done! Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about after midnight in Shouldbepulleddown Street (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Jemima Jones

Wed 31st May 2017 11:40

nice to see you back on Patricia and Stefan.Hope you are both well.Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about Patricia and Stefan Wilde (group profile)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Jemima Jones

Wed 31st May 2017 11:36

this,is what becomes of your wonderful freethinking Rose.Beautiful!Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about unclaimable (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Jemima Jones

Wed 31st May 2017 11:33

I think we need the big man from upstairs to come down and take over the directorship Rose.Excellent poem.Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about hoping for a much improved sequel (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Jemima Jones

Wed 31st May 2017 11:28

will the curse ever be eradicated Rose? Who is to say? But we have no other choice than to keep to on trying.Enjoyed this very much.Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about the returning curse (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Jemima Jones

Wed 31st May 2017 11:21

I know you are not keen on competitions and the like Rose,but this piece really should have been made Poem of the week in my opinion.Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about Spirits of Monday (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Jemima Jones

Wed 31st May 2017 11:18

I found this to be one of your most moving poems Rose.Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about my participation in Mothers longest game of hide and seek (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Jemima Jones

Wed 31st May 2017 11:10

hope you have recovered as much as possible from your recent loss Rose.Speak soon.Jemima.

Comment is about Rose Casserley (poet profile)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Jemima Jones

Wed 31st May 2017 11:06

and the more we can pass it on Rose,the better the world will be.Thank you.Jemima.

Comment is about redeterminations (blog)

Original item by Jemima Jones

Jemima Jones

Wed 31st May 2017 10:58

you,seething Rose? In the words of Victor Meldrew,I don't believe it! Raj glad you approved of my invention.And I will follow your advice.And many thanks not only to you both but also Colin and Ayekpa.Jemima.

Comment is about cozenesque (blog)

Original item by Jemima Jones

Raj Ferds

Wed 31st May 2017 09:51

And will be heard for eternity.

Love it Natalie.

Comment is about My Song (blog)

Original item by Natfastic

Raj Ferds

Wed 31st May 2017 09:49

You got me meditating on that Rose.

Light & Love
Raj

Comment is about unclaimable (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Wed 31st May 2017 09:30

Sweet baby James had his fair share of substances in his day too. His father actually came to his rescue to bring him home to sort himself out.

I often wonder at the celebrity drug thing and wonder why so many succumb.

V3 is excellent David

Comment is about The Priory (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Morning
Night
Black
White
Birth
Death

All two sides to the coin Ben. All to be accepted wholeheartedly as part of our lives.

Thanks so much for sharing

Comment is about yin yang (blog)

Original item by Ben Chronister

Raj Ferds

Wed 31st May 2017 08:56

Rose!!! Thank you Angel of Peace, Mediator Par Excellence and Global Ambassador of detente.

Timely intervention indeed but Col and I have signed an eternal peace accord the moment I registered with WOL (wink, wink).

How have you been?

Comment is about hoping for a much improved sequel (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Colin Hill

Wed 31st May 2017 08:17

yep love it too Nats.

are you dropping a Clanger metaphor Rose?

C🎃L

Comment is about My Song (blog)

Original item by Natfastic

Emer Ni Chorra

Wed 31st May 2017 08:15

Thank you Suki. It's all fun😊

You're probably right, Colin. I might be bored and frustrated with modern approaches to dating. I'm very old fashioned when it comes to love.
I've never read any of my work at an open mic event. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Comment is about Online Dating (blog)

Original item by Emer Ní Chorra

Colin Hill

Wed 31st May 2017 08:12

great clips David. I used to have Sweet Baby James on vinyl but alas no more. Some great songs on that one, I will have to pick up a copy on cd. I now have his amazing voice in my head so when I drive into town later I will put on my Mud Slide Slim. Coincidentally I've been revisiting Carly Simon's No Secrets quite a lot recently. Another great album of the time. Cheers, Col.

Comment is about The Priory (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Colin Hill

Wed 31st May 2017 08:03

there are elements of this which IMO work really well and I love the section from 'You are why love poems are written' to 'the big bad strong one'. Thanks for posting, Colin

Comment is about that moment is so golden (blog)

Original item by Dana Lyn

Colin Hill

Wed 31st May 2017 07:54

Emer, I have always admired your honesty and openness which shines through in your poetry and this is no exception. You say it's just a bit of fun and not a serious piece but that seems a touch self-effacing especially having read your reply to David's comment, a certain amount of frustration clearly comes through. I think this is such a good poem and your audio as always is perfect. Do you read at any open mics? If you don't I think you would go down a storm. All the best, Colin.

Comment is about Online Dating (blog)

Original item by Emer Ní Chorra

Colin Hill

Wed 31st May 2017 07:40

I'm never quite sure whether to mention that a poem reminds me of something else when the intention of the author is to write something original and in their own voice - which this so obviously does. But the way the first half particularly is written put me in mind of Elvis Costello and his punchy, short, staccato lyrics. I'm a great fan of his writing so I hope that's a compliment to you Tom as I very much enjoy your writing too. All the best, Colin.

Comment is about Your Shoes (blog)

Original item by Tom Harding

adrian metcalf

Wed 31st May 2017 06:41

Thanks Colin (and Cynthia) for the comments! Yeah this one is one of the few poems I've ever written with a definete purpose and style.

I havent studied much, more so just write how I feel as poetry is more of a for me thing than anything else (writing, drawing etc I try to study others works). However, I do know what you mean in terms of getting caught up in itself.

As mentioned in one of the other comments (I believe from Cynthia but I'm not positive), my poems get a bit tangenty and could use some trimming. I don't particularly go through and make sure everything line has a purpose to convey my overall point (as most the time I don't know what I'm trying to convey), but I'm withered leaves I think I just kept going and then got lost in my own thought process and therefore lost the point.

My main concern about cutting is that I'll lose some imagery which I like. Maybe it just will take me more practice to really understand where phrases and images are convoluted and unnecessary. However, if you have any strategies you might think would help if great appreciate it!

Thanks again for he feedback and I have definetely been liking my stay here at WoL.

All the best,
Adrian

Comment is about Withered Leaves (blog)

Original item by Adrian Metcalf

adrian metcalf

Wed 31st May 2017 06:31

Thank you so much for your kind words and helpful critiques, Cynthia. I'm so happy to hear you will read my stuff (I have hundreds so I assume my blog will be consistent for a while, assuming I can edit all of them quickly). And Nothing wrong with having your priorities straight!

Thank you! I'm really proud of it 😀

Comment is about Adrian Metcalf (poet profile)

Original item by Adrian Metcalf

suki spangles

Wed 31st May 2017 01:07

Nicely read and written Emer.

I like you way you show rather than tell, leaving the interpretation open to the reader. That's the fun of poetry!

Suki

Comment is about Online Dating (blog)

Original item by Emer Ní Chorra

suki spangles

Wed 31st May 2017 01:02

Cheers muchly all!

Just me doing my Mystic Meg impression. It will happen, or at least a variant of it. A pledge, not a promise, Colin!

Suki

Comment is about Sanitary Towels For Men (blog)

Original item by Suki Spangles

Emer Ni Chorra

Tue 30th May 2017 23:53

I know a lot of people who have found love online, David. It's the way to meet new people these days! I have used dating apps but I have been unsuccessful both online and offline when it comes to love.

I found that a lot of people are not who they say they are on their profiles. Maybe they describe the characteristics of the person who they wish to be?

I've always had a problem with the word, 'normal' and so many men use this word to describe themselves. Also, the bragging. I have a house and I'm baggage free. We all have baggage and some of us don't care about property and the high life.

I spend more time rolling my eyes reading messages from these deluded humans. Cynical? Me .. Never !!!!😄😙

I agree that finding love anywhere renders the means of discovery immaterial and thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you enjoyed my reading. 👍

Comment is about Online Dating (blog)

Original item by Emer Ní Chorra

Wolfgar Miere

Tue 30th May 2017 23:29

Hi Emer,

reading this is a little strange to me, and maybe that is something to do with the way you deliver it free of apparent cynicism.

It can seem quite sad or charming if taken at face value, but i think these days we all tend to be looking for the tell tale signs of embellishment or down right untruths. I suppose that in itself is sad.

The truth is so many people have met and crafted successful relationships from online dating these days, it is no-longer frowned upon in most social circles.

Finding love anywhere renders the means of discovery immaterial.

Your reading is excellent,

David.

Comment is about Online Dating (blog)

Original item by Emer Ní Chorra

keith jeffries

Tue 30th May 2017 21:43

Rose, thank you for commenting on my poem Italy. Keith

Comment is about Rose Casserley (poet profile)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Candi

Tue 30th May 2017 21:42

Thank you so much fot your kind words Kim. I shall do just that 😊

Comment is about Kim Whysall-Hammond (poet profile)

Original item by Kim Whysall-Hammond

Rose Casserley

Tue 30th May 2017 21:34

always room for a good laugh John,and you've given me one(not literally,one hastens to add!😇) with this well worked pearler.

ta muchly.

R😈se....💋

Comment is about Cock's Away! (blog)

Original item by John Andrew Nield

◄ Prev123 … 146147148149150 … 210 … 420 … 630 … 840 … 1050 … 1260 … 1470 … 1680 … 1890 … 209620972098Next ►