Phil Kay

Thu 5th May 2016 11:34

Will you comment on the evolved psychopath David?

Comment is about Cycle (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Laura Taylor

Thu 5th May 2016 11:30

Moil. Mmmm. Moil. Thanks for new word :D

Great last line - so clever.

Comment is about i am hopeless and you are hopeless and together we have hope (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

Laura Taylor

Thu 5th May 2016 11:28

Ooo this is great too! We once had a gull fly slap bang into our kitchen window, leaving behind a perfect waxy imprint of its whole body, with its head turned to the side. Didn't wash the windows for months after that.

Perfect: the whole room lifted an inch before rushing to the window.

Comment is about the jackdaws... (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

Laura Taylor

Thu 5th May 2016 11:26

Love times a million.

I love to cook. For me, it's alchemy, therapy, and all the food I make has love as an ingredient. This is a perfect poem for me. I couldn't boil an egg when I left home at 18, but I taught myself, over long years, and it's a skill that I am very proud of. I wake up mulling over what is in my cupboards, what my body fancies (it will tell you what it wants to eat if you treat it well and listen to it), what else I may need to buy to make this thing that will make us feel so good.

Sorry for epic reply. Love this poem though :D

Comment is about arborio (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

Well done and said, Peter.

Having held the dead body of a five year old little boy, who I couldn't reach in time, and having failed to resuscitate him , and then having to face his parents in coroner's court, I can relate to your poem on every level.
Your piece brought back the memories, and brought tears to my eyes.

Best wishes Bill.

Comment is about 'Airways, Breathing, Circulation' by Peter Knaggs is Poem of the Week (article)

Thu 5th May 2016 10:49

Dorinda, our computer is finally up and running again, after nearly a month. Not that I was capable of being on line. I had eye surgery the very next Tuesday after the Stockport event (emergency sort of) and the rest is almost a blur (no pun intended). I am fine, mending well, and amazed at the increased beauty of colour all around me, literally shocked at the shades of my wardrobe, and the brilliance of the pictures and artwork hanging on my walls. I won't have to buy new clothes or paint walls for ten years! My other eye is also scheduled in the near future, so I will have dual clear vision, cataract-free. Yippee!

Like your good self, I am blessed. I knew you were a kindred spirit.

I'm sure Martin will lug Stan's glove around to Sale this May. He's a really nice person, isn't he? And a good writer.

Comment is about Dorinda MacDowell (poet profile)

Original item by Dorinda MacDowell

Having recently seen a woman in town who had a broken arm and a black eye from someone she knew, yet my being powerless to do anything about it...this resonates with me on many levels.
Bill.

Comment is about punch bag (blog)

Original item by Jemima Jones

And gives her last memory
Back to the sea.

I love that.beautiful.
Bill.

Comment is about Sea Dreams (blog)

Original item by Pixievic

The stuff of everyday life - funny and horrible at the same time..well done.

Comment is about I kid you not (blog)

Original item by mike watts

Lovely that Jean.
Thanks.
Bill.

Comment is about WHERE THE RIVER MEETS THE SEA (blog)

Original item by jean lucy thompson

Very good advice Preeti...having read, I will now inwardly digest!

Comment is about Ego (blog)

Nicely put Lynn, with a minimum of words...did you actually count the ciggy butts!

Comment is about Cigarette Burns (blog)

Well observed Phil.
Something that gives me hope for the future is that Israeli soldiers are breaking the silence about what they are being asked to do in the name of so-called "loyalty" and "love" of one's country.

Comment is about Warsaw 1944 Ghetto (blog)

Original item by Phil Kay

I do like the Lanky glo''le stop!
Fancy a cuppa...ah'll pu' ke''le on!

Comment is about We're off to Never never land - Paracetamol, cucumber sandwiches and the Lost rent boy (blog)

Original item by Matt

I've been there many times...

Comment is about Head In Hands (blog)

Original item by Ian Whiteley

I can identify with that Katy...thankyou.

Comment is about Immortal Soliloquy (blog)

Original item by Katy Megan Hughes

A flippant travesty indeed..whilst one half of society is clinically obese from over consumption for its own sake, young girls and boys suffer from anorexia, and heroin chic continues to be the "look" to which they aspire.

Comment is about Wongel (blog)

Original item by Nicola Hulme

Lovely this.
My first thought on reading it was Shakespeare!
Poetic and prayer-like.

Comment is about sleep (blog)

Original item by Martin Elder

Michelle

Thu 5th May 2016 09:35

P&S
That's a shame
M :)

Comment is about Poets?? (blog)

Original item by Michelle

Stu Buck

Thu 5th May 2016 09:11

love this david. builds nicely then a killer send off. funny how childhood and unpleasantness towards animals are linked for some people. reminds me of the book the wasp factory but also my own childhood. i suppose, in a strange way, its part of a learning process.

Comment is about Cycle (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Phillip Kelly

Thu 5th May 2016 08:43

id love to write a poem together with you......shared collaborative poetry

Comment is about Sian Bird (poet profile)

Original item by Sian Bird

Phillip Kelly

Thu 5th May 2016 08:42

i love this poem and relate to it......this how i felt as teenagerteenager.....love the rhythm and rhyme.....the. themes ...ideas.....emotions are effectively portrayed and conveyed....

constructive criticism....rewrite....edit these 2 lines because rhythm and effect lost a little:

"Nothing has to have happened so don't question me about it
Just know I don't want to be like this one bit"

Comment is about Sian Bird (poet profile)

Original item by Sian Bird

Rose Casserley

Thu 5th May 2016 08:07

well Stef,at least Patricia can read it now.

Rose.xx

Comment is about a love letter I should have sent (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Rose Casserley

Thu 5th May 2016 08:04

performing? not at the mo Matt,up to my sussies in all that goes with the damnation of diy.

Rose.

Original item by Matt

Rose Casserley

Thu 5th May 2016 07:46

very true P&S

Rose.xx

Comment is about during spills (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Wolfgar Miere

Thu 5th May 2016 03:54

Thanks elP,

I'm pleased I trawled a good memory for you with this grubby little tale.

I like a good story in a comment, very refreshing.

Wolfie.

Comment is about Cycle (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Wolfgar Miere

Thu 5th May 2016 03:50

Hi elP,

condensed tightly, and the last four lines are excellent.

They are like a template for a successful argument with an idiot, lots of opportunity for that it appears.

Wolfie.

Comment is about attention deficit (blog)

Original item by elPintor

elPintor

Thu 5th May 2016 03:46

A true tale of boyhood..I had a neighbor, once, who hated starlings, and so appreciated the young boys with their BB guns (my apologies if this if coloquial) who targeted the unwanted wildlife..my brother once brought home a dove wounded by a his own BB..and so my father spoke this bit of folk wisdom to my brother--"you eat what you kill"..and, of course, my brother could not eat the dove. The dove was nursed back to health..I remember my father's hand guiding a magnet through the body of the dove to retrieve the BB..and it lived and left our home on its wings.

Thank you, Wolfie, for retrieving this lovely memory.

elPintor

Comment is about Cycle (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Wolfgar Miere

Thu 5th May 2016 01:31

Thanks Phil and Lynn,

I like the analogy of going around in circles Lynn, it is exactly it.

Thanks again,

Wolfie.

Comment is about Cycle (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Thu 5th May 2016 01:08

spiritually enlightening piece Jean.Lovely!

P&S.

Comment is about WHERE THE RIVER MEETS THE SEA (blog)

Original item by jean lucy thompson

Thu 5th May 2016 01:04

sorry Michelle,we only go as far as our bus passes allow

;o)
;o)

P&S

Comment is about Poets?? (blog)

Original item by Michelle

Thu 5th May 2016 01:00

you'll never see us crusty old duffers pissed off when it rains,what else can be used to make beer?

now then!

cool one Rose

P&S.x

Comment is about during spills (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Thu 5th May 2016 00:56

guys,you have done one of two old duffers proud! Sincere thanks all.

Stef W.

Comment is about Duping the duper (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Thu 5th May 2016 00:53

thanks lots Jemima.If we ever scale up to the addition of a sidecar,would you be our test pilot? hah!

P&(s) x

Comment is about exchanges (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Thu 5th May 2016 00:49

J.J. hope those wrinkles you referring to are of a metaphorical nature,because the physical ones could never be ironed out...pinned back p'raps....;o)

Stef,as in P&S.xx

Comment is about stitch THIS! (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Jon

Wed 4th May 2016 23:57

beautifully descriptive...quite touching as well...once dusk has bruised the pink peach flesh of the day... love it!

Comment is about diner (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

mike watts

Wed 4th May 2016 21:34

Quite often, whenever a poem with 'guts' appears on here people generally have little or nothing to say, so the last two comments don't surprise me. To call it 'an unremarkable commentary' is breathtakingly ignorant and then attacking the character for not saving lives is just bollocks. I despair on here sometimes.

Wed 4th May 2016 21:08

Thanks for your comments, Ken.
What is refreshing is that the whole debate does not divide along the usual partisan lines.
Ironic that the song is one by The Clash.

Comment is about SHOULD WE STAY OR SHOULD WE GO? (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Matthew James

Wed 4th May 2016 21:03

Aw, cheers.
Do you perform or just write?

Original item by Matt

Wed 4th May 2016 21:00

You dirty dog, Sherwood!

Comment is about For Fuck Sake (blog)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Lynn Hamilton

Wed 4th May 2016 20:46

Thanks for reading and commenting. I do not purposely give short comments but if I feel you have seen the snapshot through the words what else can I say and ask for. Thank you x

Comment is about Cigarette Burns (blog)

ken eaton-dykes

Wed 4th May 2016 20:37

Good stuff JC. I'm all for staying in if only for the political stability it brought.

Those for Brexit are to me like those sad antisocial neighbours who surround their properties with giant conifers.

Comment is about SHOULD WE STAY OR SHOULD WE GO? (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Lynn Hamilton

Wed 4th May 2016 20:03

Hi David

You've made me want to shout "jump on your bicycle and peddle" but the handlebars are turned and locked to just go round in a circle, with no forward and no reverse.

Disturbingly good

Lynn x

Comment is about Cycle (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Wed 4th May 2016 19:58

So can we say with certainty, MC, what the trade arrangement with Europe would be if we left?

Comment is about SHOULD WE STAY OR SHOULD WE GO? (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Phil Kay

Wed 4th May 2016 19:32

Oooooh he's a dark one. Its the small things.... Like it david. Thank you. x

Comment is about Cycle (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

Wed 4th May 2016 18:22

JC - Happy to discuss.
My idea of the future does not find itself at ease with
your own. We have a past to compare it with & I fear
"the hidden axe" when it comes to what is likely to occur
if any "Remain" vote wins and there's no going back about
anything that is precious to us.

Comment is about SHOULD WE STAY OR SHOULD WE GO? (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

ken eaton-dykes

Wed 4th May 2016 18:04

Having experienced many elections in my eighty six years, I'm just grateful the human race is a little more civilized these days in the ways of exploitation. The basic principle of creatures eating one another for survival has not and never will change. It's just the way we go about it now.(in the nicest possible way) I throughout my life without exception have never noticed any significant change to the quality of life for the man in the street subsequent to a change of administration no matter the shade. For most
life is too short to notice any of the super, protracted improvements there might have been. "It's Gods fault"

Comment is about Universal Suffrage (blog)

Original item by terry ireland

ken eaton-dykes

Wed 4th May 2016 15:40

Topicality apart. Nothing of outstanding merit an unremarkable commentary of a very tragic event

Maria

Wed 4th May 2016 15:17

Sometimes the only response that can be given...sigh ;)

Comment is about Your emptiness (blog)

Original item by Maria

Wolfgar Miere

Wed 4th May 2016 14:07

Thanks Ray, much appreciated.

Wolfgar.

Comment is about Of Meters and Men (blog)

Original item by Wolfgar

◄ Prev123 … 146147148149150 … 181 … 362 … 543 … 724 … 905 … 1086 … 1267 … 1448 … 1629 … 180318041805Next ►