elPintor

Thu 21st Jul 2016 00:36

i wonder if the christian god planned this pregnancy..if he did, he may as well have raped her himself.

I would never demean a woman/child who decided willingly to go through a pregnancy borne of rape, I'm just saying that it's a heavy burden to put on anyone.

Thanks for posting,

elP

Comment is about A meaningful rape (blog)

Wed 20th Jul 2016 23:55

Glad to be of help, fellas.

Comment is about BENIGN (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Stu Buck

Wed 20th Jul 2016 23:30

actually laughed out loud.

Comment is about BENIGN (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Stu Buck

Wed 20th Jul 2016 23:09

thanks ray, im glad this one went down well as its a fairly personal piece, albeit one written due to a challenge by steve pottinger on facebook.

Comment is about cold pizza, nudity and the moon (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

Wolfgar Miere

Wed 20th Jul 2016 23:00

Hi elP,

it was interesting, thanks for reading and commenting.

David.

Comment is about Just blow the whistle (collaboration) (blog)

Wed 20th Jul 2016 22:54

A very fine piece of work stu. I can't add to the comments in any better summary but really enjoyed it - a classis Stu example!

Ray

Comment is about cold pizza, nudity and the moon (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

Wed 20th Jul 2016 22:50

Excuse the expression Rob but I think we sing from the same hymn sheet on this. My whole point with this runs with you in that man contrives all the creaking superstructure himself ! Your rant is not necessarily a northern one by the way.

Thanks , Ray.

Comment is about THE GREEDY GOD (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Stu Buck

Wed 20th Jul 2016 21:42

Cheers both. I'm flattered. Dreams are a spiritual and creative goldmine I think.

Comment is about cold pizza, nudity and the moon (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

elPintor

Wed 20th Jul 2016 21:37

the sort of ghostly echo effect on the voice and the background synth gives the piece an eerie dream-like quality and, to me, stresses a forthcoming stillness to be brought by death..really, its a great contrast with the heartbeat drum and the urgency of the pacing that's set in the call for escape in the first verse.

Must've been enjoyable (for lack of a maybe more appropriate word) piece to work through. Thanks for putting it up for all to hear.

elP

Comment is about Just blow the whistle (collaboration) (blog)

Wed 20th Jul 2016 21:13

When does your case come up John?

Comment is about BENIGN (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Wed 20th Jul 2016 21:04

I bloody well love this. I'll say it again, I bloody well love it. To me dreams are the non-drug taker's absinthe. I could have dreamt this! Did I say I bloody well love it.

Comment is about cold pizza, nudity and the moon (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

Wolfgar Miere

Wed 20th Jul 2016 21:00

Thanks Ray and Stu,

I hope together with Mike we can make this a worthwhile project.

David.

Comment is about Just blow the whistle (collaboration) (blog)

Wolfgar Miere

Wed 20th Jul 2016 20:58

Its a great piece Stu,

treasure such times, we don't realise it at the time, but its when we learn the most, and its bloody painful.

All beauty is born in pain.

David.

Comment is about cold pizza, nudity and the moon (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

Stu Buck

Wed 20th Jul 2016 20:10

thanks david. i had written a version of this that was really quite troubling and, for once, pared it down a bit. i was up all night last night (and the night before) and just sat on my bed watching the moon and eating cold pizza. it was quite a nice, spiritual moment.

Comment is about cold pizza, nudity and the moon (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

Wolfgar Miere

Wed 20th Jul 2016 18:18

Hi Stu,

a pretty stark and scary scene.

I like the contrast between the horror of the dream and the aftermath and its loneliness. I wonder which is worse, and contemplate the cycle that feeds them.

Thoughtful piece, tinged with madness.

David.

Comment is about cold pizza, nudity and the moon (blog)

Original item by Stuart Buck

steve pottinger

Wed 20th Jul 2016 16:54

There's much to savour in this piece. Like Graham, I come back to it and find something fresh each time. Nice work!

Comment is about 'Man and Camel, & others, animal' by Dominic James is Poem of the Week (article)

steve pottinger

Wed 20th Jul 2016 16:53

I like the idea of poetry and cycling. Thanks for going down to the poetry coalface to dig that report out, Greg! A tough job, as you say... ;-)

Comment is about Words, sweat and gears: poetry bike tour spreads festival's message across the South Downs (article)

Robert Mann

Wed 20th Jul 2016 14:50

Ray - we think anyone south of Sheffield is soft so you've got no chance! Haha
Rob

Comment is about SOUTHERN RANT (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Robert Mann

Wed 20th Jul 2016 14:48

Ray - personally I don't have a problem with any God because I don't believe any of the fairy tales or their interpretations. Religion needs to take responsibility for itself and the leaders or heads of 'churches/mosques/temples/synagogues etc. need to send out united messages of condemnation of extremism/deviant behaviour and self promotion. To take any action in a 'God's name' is an excuse and should be exposed for what it really is.
Sorry about the rant, but religion is a curse! Nice piece by the way.
Rob

Comment is about THE GREEDY GOD (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Robert Mann

Wed 20th Jul 2016 14:39

Ray - the cycle of life must have felt the same for generations. We can only hope that our kids and grandkids don't make some of the same mistakes we did!
Rob

Comment is about FAMILY MATTERS (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Wed 20th Jul 2016 14:29

Nice one David. An added sense of bleakness and rhythmic insistence enhancing the atmosphere of a very fine poem.

Ray

Comment is about Just blow the whistle (collaboration) (blog)

Stu Buck

Wed 20th Jul 2016 13:25

Really atmospheric and adds to an already great piece. I was desperate for a synth after those drum beats though, and possibly 'ahhh vienna'.

Comment is about Just blow the whistle (collaboration) (blog)

Nigel Astell

Wed 20th Jul 2016 12:21

Faith can wipe away dark sin
but when strong memories surge forward
in poetry you will always return.

Comment is about Resurrection (blog)

Original item by Katy Megan Hughes

Wolfgar Miere

Wed 20th Jul 2016 08:13

This is a re-post of the poem but with added vocal track.

A collaboration with much help from Mike Robinson (Noetic-fret)

The plan had been to create a separate account on which we could post our work jointly. However, I have posted this piece on Wolfgar initially.

I hope it enhances the piece somehow. It is the plan that this collaboration will continue and develop, there are some logistic and geographic hurdles but hopefully we can overcome those.

The piece is best listened to at volume.

Thanks for reading and listening.

David.

Comment is about Just blow the whistle (collaboration) (blog)

Stu Buck

Wed 20th Jul 2016 02:30

what an excellent piece of writing. i'm getting all sorts of imagery and themes in this. cobbled streets in 20's london, dickensian waifs and strays, tim burton-esque darkness and decemberists style wordplay. above all those elements it stands out on its own as a well written poem. i have to admit i usually dont like rhyming poetry (for real) but i really enjoyed this.

Comment is about The Undergroundsmen (blog)

Original item by Hallielle Rose Dawson

Tue 19th Jul 2016 19:59

I rather thought challenging was a good thing?
I think I read it 6/7 times and saw something different each time. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Dominic James

Tue 19th Jul 2016 16:28

Second that.

Comment is about Write Out Loud Woking at the New Inn tonight (article)

Dominic James

Tue 19th Jul 2016 16:26

Thanks guys,
Greg you put it at its best and Graham, thank you for persevering, Most challenging POTW to date, eh? ouch.
Dom.

David Andrew

Tue 19th Jul 2016 14:22

Very enjoyable evening. Wide range of poets reading, introduced with flair by Rodney and Greg.

Grub and beer recommended also.

Comment is about Write Out Loud Woking at the New Inn tonight (article)

Tue 19th Jul 2016 13:23

One of "Mother" Nature's little plans to ensure that Man
- like some other life forms - are designed to impregnate
and die, leaving the female to nurture and protect the
offspring, requiring a longer life free from the hazards
of health depreciation before the offspring can survive
and take over in their turn.

Comment is about Man Flu (blog)

Original item by Mike Bartram

Tue 19th Jul 2016 13:15

I remain perplexed about the lack of preventative security
that enabled a wicked mindset to steer a 20 ton truck
unimpeded along a famous coast route in an equally
famous city. I wonder why, in view of the history of
terrorist attacks using vehicles to arrive and depart, a
series of strategic barriers had not been put in place
slowing but allowing pedestrian flow that could be
controlled and inspected, whilst preventing vehicular
access on such an important national day. Has the
French state really caught up with what we here in the
UK understand and accept as an inconvenience in our
interests?

Comment is about One mans thoughts (blog)

Original item by Quiet Comet

Tue 19th Jul 2016 13:03

The passing years - embodied in the often painful reminder of youthful enthusiasm for sport - especially "footie".
I felt I had been a witness to the event...and had left to
go my own way with its memory lingering on.

Comment is about "Brisbane Road" (blog)

Original item by Rick Gammon

Tue 19th Jul 2016 12:46

The first verse? Is a wonderful travelogue where the colours sounds and smells leap off the page.

The meat of the piece I found quite complex and hard to reconcile (not unusual for me) but it leaves the reader more determined to spend time deciphering it.

I had remembered V1 when it appeared on the blog section.

Perhaps the most challenging POTW to date but well done!

Tue 19th Jul 2016 12:36

The mindsets are worth evoking.
In1945, the Japanese warlords, presiding over a brutal
expansionist regime, were all for fighting to the last man
(and woman presumably), with the prospect of hundreds
of thousands of Allied lives being lost to achieve final
victory. Even after the first bomb fell, they still refused
to accept that the world had changed irrevocably.
The Cuban crisis - and I was a scared 19 year old at the
time - was two major world powers with ideologies
in opposition. Fortunately, the Russian leader Kruschev,
had been in combat in WW2 and knew about war. His
decision to turn his missile-carrying ships around was the
result of that experience and we all know how communism has declined globally, with only the absurd
North Korean leadership holding on by whatever means.
As for the present day - a great American president of
the past advised "Speak softly and carry a big stick".
As Churchill observed: "You cannot hope to appease the crocodile". Work for peace and be prepared for war
seems eminently sensible in human affairs.

Comment is about For Peace & For Pride (blog)

Original item by Simon Widdop

Tue 19th Jul 2016 11:25

Great nostalgia CBT,
Mine is of my father's fishing equipment. A somewhat unpleasant stale, earthy, herbaceous aroma that could never be eradicated. I still have an old wooden fishing reel on my office shelf!

Aromas never die, they just keep coming around and around like memories.

Regards,

Graham

Comment is about My Father's Pipe (following Ian's blog) (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Tom Doolan

Tue 19th Jul 2016 10:17

Well said - Vive La France :)

Comment is about Nice July 2016 (blog)

Original item by Dorinda MacDowell

Tue 19th Jul 2016 10:09

I wrote this years ago - Dad's been dead a long time.

Comment is about My Father's Pipe (following Ian's blog) (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Wolfgar Miere

Tue 19th Jul 2016 07:05

I think its pretty resigned, which is probably sad.

David.

Comment is about Drained (blog)

Wolfgar Miere

Tue 19th Jul 2016 07:03

Thanks Rob,

much appreciated.

David.

Comment is about Sunrise in Roquebrune (blog)

Wolfgar Miere

Tue 19th Jul 2016 07:01

Thanks Rob,

this was put down pretty quickly as a reaction to the event. It feels good to be nasty sometimes.

Thanks for reading and comments.

David

Comment is about Arms, fair? (blog)

Wolfgar Miere

Tue 19th Jul 2016 06:59

Thanks Rob,

I'm ot familiar with Sean Meadows and though I am aware of "This is England" have not watched any, maybe I'll check it out now.

Thanks for reading and comments.

David

Comment is about England in bloom (blog)

Wolfgar Miere

Tue 19th Jul 2016 06:57

Thanks Phil/Rob,

maybe some level of anonymity is better for the writer and reader in many respects.

David.

Comment is about Sold out (blog)

Wolfgar Miere

Tue 19th Jul 2016 06:55

Thanks Stu/Rob,

it is a bit throw away really, slightly Milliganesq.

David.

Comment is about Here comes the flood (blog)

Stu Buck

Mon 18th Jul 2016 12:03

savage and pitch black humour. i love it. stopped me in its tracks when i first read it. wasnt expecting something so dark. good use of a rhyme system thats at odds with the theme of the poem. if that makes sense.

Comment is about Here comes the flood (blog)

Robert Mann

Mon 18th Jul 2016 11:27

Ray - thanks mate. I wasn't necessarily thinking about the city flying rats when I wrote this one. It was inspired by a quiet wood being disturbed by the clapping of wings during yesterday's walk. Ho hum!
Rob

Comment is about Haiku: Cocky (blog)

Original item by Rob J Mann

Robert Mann

Mon 18th Jul 2016 11:21

Wolfie - I find myself agreeing with all Phil has said. It's ok to write protest poetry, but maybe it should come with the caveat of the writer's biography. Nice piece.
Rob

Comment is about Sold out (blog)

Robert Mann

Mon 18th Jul 2016 11:15

Wolfie - this reads like an upmarket Shane Meadows. Not as grimy or gritty as the 'This is England' series, but just as clever in observation.
Rob

Comment is about England in bloom (blog)

Mon 18th Jul 2016 11:14

A real classic Ian. I am a pipesmoker (I love that term inveterate which sometimes goes with it by the way). Those who smoke today are treated as pariahs - a whole other subject. I love the brevity and succinctness of this . It conveys the comfort and the habit perfectly. (Don't smoke indoors incidentally).

Ray

Comment is about Blue Smoke Ghost (blog)

Original item by Ian Whiteley

Robert Mann

Mon 18th Jul 2016 11:10

Wolfie - classic Wolfie observation. Acerbic, witty, sceptical and sarcastic. Very nicely put to 'paper'. Excellent piece mate.
Rob

Comment is about Arms, fair? (blog)

Mon 18th Jul 2016 11:09

A nice touch of humour here Rob for a subject that normally just slightly irritates, with their compulsion to consume and defecate.

Ray

Comment is about Haiku: Cocky (blog)

Original item by Rob J Mann

◄ Prev123 … 250 … 500 … 750 … 842843844845846 … 1000 … 1250 … 1500 … 1750 … 2000 … 2250 … 249724982499Next ►