Poetry Blogs (day 9)
Here is a tank
Rumbling across a vast expanse
Here is a man
A shopping bag in each hand
He steps before the tank
Raises his hand
And the tank stops
The man alters his position
The man climbs onto the tank
Talks to those in the tank
Saturday 9th May 2020 3:38 pm
for each life lost
a broken heart for friends,
a sadness that never goes away
but gnaws at nerves and silent moments
the desolate times of memory cast hurt shadows
dancing on the twilight walls at the edge of your vision
a friend’s laughter that bonded like mortar holds together bricks
those happy tears can also flow in torrents in a recolle...
Thursday 9th April 2020 2:26 pm
A List Of Things We Buried In The Garden
- A photograph of better times.
- An empty bottle of scotch.
- A well thumbed copy of ‘True Crimes’.
- A useless, broken watch.
- Seven bottles of little white pills.
- A pair of latex gloves.
- A folder with a thousand bills.
- A bunch of dead foxgloves.
- The broken vase they occupied...
Tuesday 9th April 2019 11:42 am