Ruby

Wed 4th Apr 2018 16:01

Thanks Cynthia for sparing your time to stop by my profile.
Your kind suggestion is very much appreciated!

Sun 1st Apr 2018 11:42

Cheers Cynthia. Thanks for your comments re "Plans on hold".
I use the capitalisation of the third person singular as not to weigh down the line with a period.
Try it.
;- )
Tommy
x

Ian Whiteley

Sat 31st Mar 2018 15:05

many thanks for commenting on the rhinoceros piece Cynthia - I appreciate it
Ian

Tue 20th Mar 2018 12:28

Cynthia poetry is what you say it is, it does not have to rhyme nor make sense- North American natives' chant wordlessly to summon up thier gods. Tommy xx

ps keep up your excellent work. TC

Frederick Kesner

Tue 6th Mar 2018 01:22

"Cynthia Buell Thomas

Mon 5th Mar 2018 10:37

This is so clever- deserved three readings before I was happy with my giving it proper attention.

Haven't seen you in ages. I hope all is well. Or am I wrong? I could have sworn I recognised the name from years ago. But your profile does not seem to bear this out."

Hello there,
Indeed it has been years!

First, the loss of the email with which my original blog (which is still floating around here at WOL!) was linked; hence the loss of access to said blog. Life then gets in the way of all sanity; and now an attempt at reconstruction and navigating the poetic waters again.

My gratitude for your kind words. Trusting all is well with you as well.

Feeling a little older and a bit more battered.

Such is life. :_)

See you round the site,
Frederick

Tom

Fri 5th Jan 2018 20:24

Thank you so much for your comment on Moonlight, Cynthia. Always grateful for your thoughts. T.

Helen Elliott

Tue 2nd Jan 2018 12:42

Hi Cynthia, just popping by to wish you a Happy New Year x

Sidra Shahid

Fri 29th Dec 2017 07:58

Thank you so so much for your generous comment on my profile Cynthia. It meant more to me than you can imagine ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ซ

Nigel Astell

Wed 27th Dec 2017 14:27

Thanks Cynthia - - - hope you had a good Christmas.

Joseph Borja

Sun 24th Dec 2017 04:00

Hello,

Thank you for your comment on my poem โ€œboundโ€ and the warm welcome. Very much appreciated.

Artur Hulboj

Fri 22nd Dec 2017 21:24

Thank you for you comment on my poema , very kind word. I'm really grateful that you found enjoying it.

I read some of your poems they really beautiful.

Fri 22nd Dec 2017 01:21

I love "Thrall". Tommy

Francine

Mon 18th Dec 2017 21:05

Hi Cynthia,

Ha ha - isnโ€™t it?!
Thank you - wishing you the same. ๐Ÿ˜˜

Tom Harding

Tue 12th Dec 2017 23:06

Thanks Cynthia, seasons greetings to you too!

Miranda Fegan

Sun 3rd Dec 2017 21:51

Hey Cynthia,

Thanks so much for commenting on Renewed (Soon). ^_^
It's a message to one's inner strength, but at the same time, it's a message from me to a personal friend who has gone through hell and is slowly regaining himself. Of course, like you mentioned, it can be a reminder to everyone that they can get through whatever and be stronger for it.

Always,
Mira

Tue 28th Nov 2017 12:57

Hi Cynthia. So kind of you to comment on my photos ! The coloured one is the old git and the other is the young suavo aged 20. Hard to spot the difference I know! I thought it was moody and in fact an early selfie taken with a self timer(the predecessor of the umbilical version). Bless yer.

Ray

keith jeffries

Mon 27th Nov 2017 16:46

Cynthia, you were right. I got it wrong. I appreciate all comments and corrections. I am grateful that you take time to review my work. With gratitude. Keith (Najd)

ken eaton-dykes

Fri 24th Nov 2017 21:30

Many thanks Cynthia.

This one is an updated rehash previously blogged. Crudely exposing me to be an 100% none believer.

Sat 18th Nov 2017 17:36

Oh and bye the bye- here's no 90,000 and 90,000 more ร—ร—

Sat 18th Nov 2017 17:27

No Cynthia you're not wrong. What I was enquiring in regards was as to what was 'sworn by It: That we are both ฤนรฏbล™ฤล†ล›.

Thu 16th Nov 2017 19:43

'It had to be. I swear it 'had to be!'
Cynthia what is your above post in regard?

Tia Lattanzio

Thu 9th Nov 2017 21:17

Hi Cynthia!
I'm flattered by your kind words for my poetry, and am so grateful you took the time to check out my measly writing/profile. It means a lot to me as someone just beginning to share!
Your writing is captivating and inspiring, as is your biographical story.
Don't be afraid to really dig into more of my poems, they need the critism!
A fellow Libran and friend,
Tia Rae

Ankita Srivastava

Fri 3rd Nov 2017 20:35

Thanks a ton Cynthia for your kind words on my poetry "I wish.. But". ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I read your poetry- The parting. It is so beautifully written where all the words are carved in perfect combination of emotions, rhythm.

Happy Writing and Reading,
Ankita

Helen Elliott

Fri 3rd Nov 2017 12:58

Hi Cynthia,

Yes that's me in the photo. Happy with a G&T and a suntan. I miss the heat already and it's only November! I am off to Santorini in July and already counting the days :) x

Sat 28th Oct 2017 21:16

That's so nice that you took the trouble to check my profile, thank you Cynthia. I hope in a small way it fleshes out what i'm generally trying to say on WOL! After a couple of years at this lark I am still surprised by lovely comments and try to offer a spark to other writers. We need to make a daisy chain and dance around poetry after all.

Helen Elliott

Sun 15th Oct 2017 20:31

Hi Cynthia,

I want to thank you again for your positive response to my poems. Your comments on my recent one really made my day, especially the fact that you came back for a second read. I really do appreciate the time you take to offer encouragement on WOL. When I receive a comment from you, I am sure that I have got it right :)

John Marks

Sun 15th Oct 2017 01:42

Hello Cynthia. I've read a lot of your poetry tonight. Decided to. I like 'Hurricane' and 'The parting' a lot, pithy, focused, precise - though I'm not a descriptivist myself - but i think 'Dream footer' would benefit from being must less first person. I think it could be a great poem - reworked.

John

Kati Shea

Thu 5th Oct 2017 17:04

Wow your first sample "The parting" is so poignant. I can't count the number of nights I have laid alone, remembering sweet nothings that still mean everything. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for your comment on my work "One Moment". You're an inspiration!

Helen Elliott

Sat 30th Sep 2017 21:41

Hi Cynthia. Thank you for welcoming me back. Life has kind of got in the way of writing. I miss it though. When inspiration comes, I feel happy again. I hope you are well.

Hannah Collins

Sat 30th Sep 2017 17:56

I have enjoyed your poems, especially 'To fellow poets' and 'Hurricane'. You have great talent.
Thank you for your comment to me.
Yes, that's my photo.

Hannah

Richard Hartley

Sat 2nd Sep 2017 12:15

Phew! Thankyou for expanding on your earlier comment, Cynthia. I feel hugely reassured!
I'm very grateful that you have taken the time to think deeply about something and then the trouble to put your thoughts out there to be read.
Very much appreciated.
Richard

Richard Hartley

Fri 1st Sep 2017 09:30

Hello Cynthia
Iโ€™m grateful for your comment on my Profile page and appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting me.
I have a sneaky feeling that I am having my wrist most deliciously slapped โ€“ although for the life of me I am unable to work out why!
A pleasurable experience all the same! Thankyou.

Joe Williams

Thu 31st Aug 2017 17:12

Thanks for your comments Cynthia, I'm glad you liked the poem and my biog. I think the word you're looking for to describe the profile pic might be "drunk" :D

It looks like you're a regular at WoL Sale, so I hope I'll see you there in November when I'm one of the guests.

Richard Hartley

Fri 18th Aug 2017 18:05

Hello Cynthia
Thankyou for you kind words - about my poem and my poetry group!
It is great fun having a monthly poetic get-together but I think I'm probably more highly valued as an organiser than as a poet - but hey, I'll take whatever appreciation I'm given in life!
Best wishes.
Richard

adrian metcalf

Wed 16th Aug 2017 15:16

You left some nice comments on my poems, thank you for taking the time ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. I really do appreciate it.

Tue 15th Aug 2017 11:21

Cy Re "Sin" I forgot to include in my earlier reply "transgression" as in:

Cynthia re "Sin" the grating is in the mind of the beholder. Sin as in transgression.

Cathy Crabb

Sun 6th Aug 2017 21:42

Cynthia, thank you for your comments on my work of late. I really appreciate you take the time to read and listen.

Cathy xx

Stu Buck

Thu 3rd Aug 2017 11:09

hi cynthia
thanks for letting me know, we were indeed on our way to sale in august so you have saved us a trip/embarassment!
hope you are well, i will see you when we next get a chance to come to sale (it is difficult with emmas work unfortunately)
stu

Thu 27th Jul 2017 20:10

Re 'Vertices' Cynthia
you have a good grasp of the verse but does it resonate?

Eileen

Mon 24th Jul 2017 12:23

Thank you for your comment. While I do like the original I have in my sample, I have been experimenting with this poem. The longer version emphasizes the positive vibes I want in the world. The shorter version is the one that captures the pain of the situation.

patrick D Ortiz

Fri 21st Jul 2017 14:44

Cynthia your comments on my blog are always the most enlightening and enjoying that I get always thank you for the read.
David patrick Simon

kJ Walker

Mon 10th Jul 2017 20:26

Hi Cynthia. Thank you for commenting on The Tallyman.
it was really appreciated.
Cheers Kevin

Shirley Smothers

Wed 5th Jul 2017 22:56

Cynthia, thank you so much for the kind comment on my poem "Anxiety, My Companion (a daily struggle)". It is a struggle and it inspires me when someone encourages me. Thank You!

Francine

Thu 8th Jun 2017 17:11

Hi Cynthia,

How thoughtful of you to take the time to drop me a line! I have thought about you, and others, a lot too over the years! It was such an incredibly special time and place for friends to meet and share. I do miss the interactive fun and poetry competitions we would have! Ahhh, those were the days... xx

Ian Whiteley

Tue 6th Jun 2017 21:31

thanks for commenting on 'This Flower' Cynthia - I'm pleased you liked it - apologies for delay in replying
Ian

Louise Hogg

Fri 2nd Jun 2017 21:25

Thank you so much for your comments on my poems. It really inspires me to continue writing.
I find your work interesting and the themes touch me deeply.
Thanks again for taking your time to offer comments.

David Cooke

Thu 18th May 2017 12:32

Hi Cynthia Glad you liked my Mill Girl & Willy Ronis is a great photographer.

kJ Walker

Sun 14th May 2017 10:08

Hi Cynthia, thank you for your comments on "Shut Thi' Clack". much appreciated. it's only because of the kind comments I receive that I keep writing.
Cheers Kevin.

john walton

Fri 12th May 2017 07:33

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for your comment re 'Under Our Blue Umbrella' much appreciated.

123 … 6 … 9 … 12 … 15 … 18 … 21 … 242526Next ►