Eli

Thu 14th Nov 2019 16:20

Greetings Cynthia.
Apologies that I haven't referred to your comment sent, Wed 7th Aug 2013 12:15! Oh dear. It was for the :Hands of Ankh". I wrote this piece after a dream in a language unknown to me. Thank you for your sensitive comment.
Much appreciated.
Love & Light.
OL. Eli

Philipos

Fri 25th Oct 2019 18:46

Thought fairies - so unpredictable - here one minute and scarpered the next. What's so irritating is when they don't come back at all having allowed something to chase them off. P. 😦

d.knape

Sun 13th Oct 2019 10:27

Having your poems
I had to blush.
they seem to deal
with lots of lust
I take my leave
sign off i must
for fear from pant
my lance will bust.
😁

Fred Nicholson

Sat 12th Oct 2019 17:04

Cynthia, I thank you for the welcome.
f

Tom

Mon 30th Sep 2019 13:57

Aww thank you Cynthia. That made me feel all fuzzy. I drifted away for a while but I'm back with a vengeance now 😃 So good to see you're still here too. I joined in 2009 - a whole decade of WOLing. Here's to many more, for both of us! Tx

Ian Whiteley

Mon 23rd Sep 2019 22:35

thanx for commenting on True Nature Cynthia - glad you liked it 😃

Joe Williams

Sat 21st Sep 2019 13:24

Thanks Cynthia, glad you liked 'Landing' 😃

Chrystel Roberts

Mon 2nd Sep 2019 06:33

Thank you for the warm welcome, Cynthia.

I already feel at home among WoLers.

Best regards

Adam Rabinowitz

Sat 31st Aug 2019 07:18

Cynthia...
Your writing is remarkable...
Thank you for sharing.

And yes...balance....and self-challenging....and playful....

You intuit quite a bit.
Empath much.

Thanks for being here.

Ghazala Lari

Wed 14th Aug 2019 11:01

Thank you for a warm welcome Cynthia.?

Philipos

Sun 14th Jul 2019 17:34

Thank you for commenting on Reaching Out Cynthia. Have added a brief lament about it on my recent page. Blessings. P. ?

d.knape

Tue 25th Jun 2019 16:37

that poem was the first thing you thought of?
next time
get some coffee first.

I appreciate your comments.
hope I can live up to your expectations.

Did you do the painting of the girl in the red dress?

Devon Brock

Thu 20th Jun 2019 22:25

Hi Cynthia. Thanks for welcoming me to WOL. As far as old geezer goes, I'm bellysliding down the back side of the hill, green grass stains on the inside of my lower lip and loving every minute of it. I dig the diversity of style in your samples - you won;t be pinned down. Look forward to reading more and more and more.

Mae Foreman

Sat 18th May 2019 18:28

Necessity. Of course. And a sharp mind apparently. I shall cherish and vow to honor and abide by your wisdom, my lady!
Thank you?
Mae

Mae Foreman

Fri 17th May 2019 19:45

Hi Cynthia! That sounds yummy! Actualluy when i said I liked to eat ice cream all year long I ment all year long during all FOUR years of my little affair with Mr. C ! I'd say be careful with the weight but in all honesty Cynthia those ice-creams got me out of bed into my clothes and out of the house so screw it. Do what makes you happy! When you finally make it to the finish line that's when you'll start building your life all over. If you have an extra pound or two, the hell with it, you'll lose them in no time and if not then there will be just more of you to love! No big deal!
If you are referring to my the one that says: "Art is the imaginary solution to a problem that is unsolvable in real life." then yes it is originally mine. It is what I discovered when I first started writing. I have many a short story written that have a matching cross to be born! I remember the first one, I wrote it in the middle of a sleepless night. I fell asleep as soon as I finished the last word!
Thanks for stopping by on my profile! Be strong! Get well! ?
Mae

P.S. Your Bio is astounding! How is it possible for one person to do ALL that??? Really, tell me your secret!

jennifer Malden

Wed 1st May 2019 20:14

Hello Cynthia!

Liked your poem '1ast Chemio Session', and as I assume it is autobiographical, am so happy for you to be out of the wood. I had a similar experience 20 years ago, but got off with just radiotherapy, and have been in the clear ever since. Treatment seems to be so much more effective now. All the best!

Jennifer

Tom

Tue 12th Mar 2019 16:02

Hi Cynthia, thanks so much for the comment on Letter From The Lake. You're spot on, typo on wry/rye, doh! Have corrected. Glad you enjoyed it, I watched the film Withnail & I and then this poem just came straight out afterwards. Hope it doesn't ruin the mystery to reveal the process ? Thanks as always, Tom. x

Stu Buck

Sun 17th Feb 2019 02:53

hi cynthia
thanks for getting back to me
i did as you suggested and have a guest slot booked for june
i hope i get to see you there and i'm sending positive healing thoughts your way

stu

Stu Buck

Mon 11th Feb 2019 10:27

hello cynthia, hope your well
i was just wondering when WOL Sale is on next and whether there would be a spot for me to perform? i have a new book out and i am trying to get out and about to promote it a bit.
thanks
stu

Wed 16th Jan 2019 18:34

Tue 20th Oct 2009 19:20

"I tire of this conscious senility'... and so do we, sometimes, Tommy, so do we. And 'humour by disguise' is no humour at all if no one recognises it. You write by code for an elitist reader; if that is your aim, so be it.

But that is a terrible thought - to be in 'conscious senility'. Who with intelligence would deliberately induce senility? The reality of senility is heartbreaking, especially for those who witness it and can do nothing. The victim is powerless to care."

Cynthia my references to "conscious senility" is in regards to my recent brain haemorrhage. Not deliberate but dysfunctional brain operations. Tommy

d.knape

Sun 13th Jan 2019 03:02

sometimes the dog wags his tail.
sometimes he just nods off to sleep.

Sat 12th Jan 2019 06:21

Thanks Cynthia for your remarks re "untitled". I forgot to leave one and once you commented upon the fact I let it lay. Give me a title and I will oblige.
Tommy.

Tapashree Roy

Sun 23rd Sep 2018 15:56

Dear Cynthia, Thank you for the warm welcoming words! I love your suggestion of being a giver to become a receiver.

My mother named me, and her love and thought is bonded with my name. Thank you liking it.

Tapashree has Sanskrit roots, and may be interpreted in a few ways. I prefer to believe it means "the soft glow of endurance".
Tapa means endurance.
Shree means Diffusing radiance, beauty, prosperity...

It may also be interpreted as the "beauty of heat" with Tapas (heat) and Shree.

Vicky Valdés

Wed 19th Sep 2018 14:17

Dear Cynthia,

Thank you so much for putting into words in sucha a beautiful way what the soul has to say.

In addition to your poetry, I want to thank you for being Cyanne's mom, my dear castmate in Up With People.

I appreciate and thank your legacy.

Much love from Mexico,

Vicky

Loly Monreal

Thu 6th Sep 2018 08:36

Ciao from Italy!
This is Loly Monreal from Mexico married with an italian. We have two girls.
Cyanne was my Castmate in "Viva la gente" we were together last year when all the beautiful family visit us here in Trentino,Italy . In this days we think very much about them because of the great memories harvesting on our wine-yard. All together were a strong hard working team!!!
I wish you all the best and think about you. reading your poems I will learn more English for sure ?
Kisses and hugs on you way from all of us with great love and admiration!
Loly Monreal
?

Jennifer Rabold

Thu 6th Sep 2018 02:29

Cynthia, your daughter Cyanne, my dear friend and castmate from Up With People, shared your poetry blog with me, and I love your work! I’m an old English teacher, and I love the lush imagery in your poems - such rich colors and beautiful sounds! I plan to read a few each day and maybe I’ll comment again! ❤️ Jennifer Rabold

Sat 18th Aug 2018 18:51

Cynthia thank you for your over-generous comments on "Sources". I view any recognition from yourself as gold dust, so thank you again.

Graham

Darren J Beaney

Mon 13th Aug 2018 10:03

Hi Cynthia

Thanks for your recent positive comment on my poem.

In answer to your question - yes the writing course starts in 3 weeks, excited!

Cheers

DJB

<Deleted User> (13762)

Tue 7th Aug 2018 11:31

Hi Cynthia, that sounds interesting. Best send it to WoL's editor Mike Took:
news@writeoutloud.net
I look forward to reading and thanks for thinking of me. All the very best, Colin.

Joe Williams

Sun 5th Aug 2018 21:40

Thanks Cynthia, glad you like the poem, and again it's nice to hear your thoughts on it ?

Taylor Crowshaw

Sun 5th Aug 2018 16:42

Thank you for your comments on You Held Me With Your Tears..
Always appreciated...?

Taylor Crowshaw

Wed 1st Aug 2018 15:31

Hi Cynthia,
Thank you for your comments..appreciate you stopping by. ?
Taylor

Don Matthews

Mon 11th Jun 2018 00:26

Hi Cynthia,

Thankyou for your welcome on my profile. I am pleased to have found 'you lot'. Been feeling intellectually deprived down here. You'll have to forgive any 'putting-my-foot-in-it' comments I might make. 'I'm just a lowly poet trying to learn the ropes' ... and sometimes have trouble controlling my mind.

Thankyou for interacting

Don?

Ian Whiteley

Mon 28th May 2018 16:26

'taking the piss' Cynthia? I would never knowingly 'take the piss' ? this was an exercise in trying to create an archaic looking language to fit the archaic looking poem of a crows perspective on life. It was easily achieved using a phonetic translater - which uses emphasis on the words stresses - so reading it aloud is exactly the exercise needed to make it work - the 'translation' was more for those who simply tried to read it - rather than use the phonetics.
Glad you liked it
Ian

Ian Whiteley

Wed 23rd May 2018 14:09

Hi Cynthia
yes - a sonnet - I like to write in traditional poetry forms now and again - it sooths the political beast in me ? glad you liked 'the beast beneath the beck' I appear to be in a fantasy/myths vein at the moment. Hope you're keeping well
Ian

Martin Elder

Mon 14th May 2018 22:34

Hi Cynthia
I would love to be able to come to Sale on Tuesday but alas I have a prior commitment for that night which I can't wriggle out of. Sorry about that. Hopefully I will see you at the next word central if you are there.
Regards
Martin

Ruby

Wed 4th Apr 2018 16:01

Thanks Cynthia for sparing your time to stop by my profile.
Your kind suggestion is very much appreciated!

Sun 1st Apr 2018 11:42

Cheers Cynthia. Thanks for your comments re "Plans on hold".
I use the capitalisation of the third person singular as not to weigh down the line with a period.
Try it.
;- )
Tommy
x

Ian Whiteley

Sat 31st Mar 2018 15:05

many thanks for commenting on the rhinoceros piece Cynthia - I appreciate it
Ian

Tue 20th Mar 2018 12:28

Cynthia poetry is what you say it is, it does not have to rhyme nor make sense- North American natives' chant wordlessly to summon up thier gods. Tommy xx

ps keep up your excellent work. TC

Frederick Kesner

Tue 6th Mar 2018 01:22

"Cynthia Buell Thomas

Mon 5th Mar 2018 10:37

This is so clever- deserved three readings before I was happy with my giving it proper attention.

Haven't seen you in ages. I hope all is well. Or am I wrong? I could have sworn I recognised the name from years ago. But your profile does not seem to bear this out."

Hello there,
Indeed it has been years!

First, the loss of the email with which my original blog (which is still floating around here at WOL!) was linked; hence the loss of access to said blog. Life then gets in the way of all sanity; and now an attempt at reconstruction and navigating the poetic waters again.

My gratitude for your kind words. Trusting all is well with you as well.

Feeling a little older and a bit more battered.

Such is life. :_)

See you round the site,
Frederick

Tom

Fri 5th Jan 2018 20:24

Thank you so much for your comment on Moonlight, Cynthia. Always grateful for your thoughts. T.

Helen Elliott

Tue 2nd Jan 2018 12:42

Hi Cynthia, just popping by to wish you a Happy New Year x

Sidra Shahid

Fri 29th Dec 2017 07:58

Thank you so so much for your generous comment on my profile Cynthia. It meant more to me than you can imagine ??

Nigel Astell

Wed 27th Dec 2017 14:27

Thanks Cynthia - - - hope you had a good Christmas.

Artur Hulboj

Fri 22nd Dec 2017 21:24

Thank you for you comment on my poema , very kind word. I'm really grateful that you found enjoying it.

I read some of your poems they really beautiful.

Fri 22nd Dec 2017 01:21

I love "Thrall". Tommy

Francine

Mon 18th Dec 2017 21:05

Hi Cynthia,

Ha ha - isn’t it?!
Thank you - wishing you the same. ?

123 … 6 … 9 … 12 … 15 … 18 … 21 … 24252627Next ►