Thu 16th Nov 2017 19:43

'It had to be. I swear it 'had to be!'
Cynthia what is your above post in regard?

Tia Lattanzio

Thu 9th Nov 2017 21:17

Hi Cynthia!
I'm flattered by your kind words for my poetry, and am so grateful you took the time to check out my measly writing/profile. It means a lot to me as someone just beginning to share!
Your writing is captivating and inspiring, as is your biographical story.
Don't be afraid to really dig into more of my poems, they need the critism!
A fellow Libran and friend,
Tia Rae

Ankita Srivastava

Fri 3rd Nov 2017 20:35

Thanks a ton Cynthia for your kind words on my poetry "I wish.. But". šŸ˜ƒ

I read your poetry- The parting. It is so beautifully written where all the words are carved in perfect combination of emotions, rhythm.

Happy Writing and Reading,
Ankita

Helen Elliott

Fri 3rd Nov 2017 12:58

Hi Cynthia,

Yes that's me in the photo. Happy with a G&T and a suntan. I miss the heat already and it's only November! I am off to Santorini in July and already counting the days :) x

Sat 28th Oct 2017 21:16

That's so nice that you took the trouble to check my profile, thank you Cynthia. I hope in a small way it fleshes out what i'm generally trying to say on WOL! After a couple of years at this lark I am still surprised by lovely comments and try to offer a spark to other writers. We need to make a daisy chain and dance around poetry after all.

Helen Elliott

Sun 15th Oct 2017 20:31

Hi Cynthia,

I want to thank you again for your positive response to my poems. Your comments on my recent one really made my day, especially the fact that you came back for a second read. I really do appreciate the time you take to offer encouragement on WOL. When I receive a comment from you, I am sure that I have got it right :)

John Marks

Sun 15th Oct 2017 01:42

Hello Cynthia. I've read a lot of your poetry tonight. Decided to. I like 'Hurricane' and 'The parting' a lot, pithy, focused, precise - though I'm not a descriptivist myself - but i think 'Dream footer' would benefit from being must less first person. I think it could be a great poem - reworked.

John

Kati Shea

Thu 5th Oct 2017 17:04

Wow your first sample "The parting" is so poignant. I can't count the number of nights I have laid alone, remembering sweet nothings that still mean everything. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for your comment on my work "One Moment". You're an inspiration!

Helen Elliott

Sat 30th Sep 2017 21:41

Hi Cynthia. Thank you for welcoming me back. Life has kind of got in the way of writing. I miss it though. When inspiration comes, I feel happy again. I hope you are well.

Hannah Collins

Sat 30th Sep 2017 17:56

I have enjoyed your poems, especially 'To fellow poets' and 'Hurricane'. You have great talent.
Thank you for your comment to me.
Yes, that's my photo.

Hannah

Richard Hartley

Sat 2nd Sep 2017 12:15

Phew! Thankyou for expanding on your earlier comment, Cynthia. I feel hugely reassured!
I'm very grateful that you have taken the time to think deeply about something and then the trouble to put your thoughts out there to be read.
Very much appreciated.
Richard

Richard Hartley

Fri 1st Sep 2017 09:30

Hello Cynthia
Iā€™m grateful for your comment on my Profile page and appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting me.
I have a sneaky feeling that I am having my wrist most deliciously slapped ā€“ although for the life of me I am unable to work out why!
A pleasurable experience all the same! Thankyou.

Joe Williams

Thu 31st Aug 2017 17:12

Thanks for your comments Cynthia, I'm glad you liked the poem and my biog. I think the word you're looking for to describe the profile pic might be "drunk" :D

It looks like you're a regular at WoL Sale, so I hope I'll see you there in November when I'm one of the guests.

Richard Hartley

Fri 18th Aug 2017 18:05

Hello Cynthia
Thankyou for you kind words - about my poem and my poetry group!
It is great fun having a monthly poetic get-together but I think I'm probably more highly valued as an organiser than as a poet - but hey, I'll take whatever appreciation I'm given in life!
Best wishes.
Richard

adrian metcalf

Wed 16th Aug 2017 15:16

You left some nice comments on my poems, thank you for taking the time šŸ˜ƒ. I really do appreciate it.

Tue 15th Aug 2017 11:21

Cy Re "Sin" I forgot to include in my earlier reply "transgression" as in:

Cynthia re "Sin" the grating is in the mind of the beholder. Sin as in transgression.

Cathy Crabb

Sun 6th Aug 2017 21:42

Cynthia, thank you for your comments on my work of late. I really appreciate you take the time to read and listen.

Cathy xx

Stu Buck

Thu 3rd Aug 2017 11:09

hi cynthia
thanks for letting me know, we were indeed on our way to sale in august so you have saved us a trip/embarassment!
hope you are well, i will see you when we next get a chance to come to sale (it is difficult with emmas work unfortunately)
stu

Thu 27th Jul 2017 20:10

Re 'Vertices' Cynthia
you have a good grasp of the verse but does it resonate?

Eileen

Mon 24th Jul 2017 12:23

Thank you for your comment. While I do like the original I have in my sample, I have been experimenting with this poem. The longer version emphasizes the positive vibes I want in the world. The shorter version is the one that captures the pain of the situation.

patrick D Ortiz

Fri 21st Jul 2017 14:44

Cynthia your comments on my blog are always the most enlightening and enjoying that I get always thank you for the read.
David patrick Simon

kJ Walker

Mon 10th Jul 2017 20:26

Hi Cynthia. Thank you for commenting on The Tallyman.
it was really appreciated.
Cheers Kevin

Shirley Smothers

Wed 5th Jul 2017 22:56

Cynthia, thank you so much for the kind comment on my poem "Anxiety, My Companion (a daily struggle)". It is a struggle and it inspires me when someone encourages me. Thank You!

Francine

Thu 8th Jun 2017 17:11

Hi Cynthia,

How thoughtful of you to take the time to drop me a line! I have thought about you, and others, a lot too over the years! It was such an incredibly special time and place for friends to meet and share. I do miss the interactive fun and poetry competitions we would have! Ahhh, those were the days... xx

Ian Whiteley

Tue 6th Jun 2017 21:31

thanks for commenting on 'This Flower' Cynthia - I'm pleased you liked it - apologies for delay in replying
Ian

Louise Hogg

Fri 2nd Jun 2017 21:25

Thank you so much for your comments on my poems. It really inspires me to continue writing.
I find your work interesting and the themes touch me deeply.
Thanks again for taking your time to offer comments.

David Cooke

Thu 18th May 2017 12:32

Hi Cynthia Glad you liked my Mill Girl & Willy Ronis is a great photographer.

kJ Walker

Sun 14th May 2017 10:08

Hi Cynthia, thank you for your comments on "Shut Thi' Clack". much appreciated. it's only because of the kind comments I receive that I keep writing.
Cheers Kevin.

john walton

Fri 12th May 2017 07:33

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for your comment re 'Under Our Blue Umbrella' much appreciated.

Ian Whiteley

Mon 8th May 2017 18:52

Thanks for commenting on 'Coming Home' and 'The Devil On My Right Shoulder' Cynthia - I like that you think the former could be a Beatles lyric - might have a go at that cos I'm going into recording studios again shortly :-) as for the choice of' right shoulder' - well I wrote the verse and had the idea of an angel on my left shoulder and a devil on my right shoulder - more as a political statement - which worked even better when I went looking for a picture to go with the piece and found the one used (which luckily had the devil on the right shoulder)

kJ Walker

Tue 2nd May 2017 21:43

Hi Cynthia, thank you for your comments on my profile. I know that what you said was right. I'm hoping that what I lack in technical ability I can make up for in some other way.
thanks again Kevin

Ian Whiteley

Mon 1st May 2017 19:07

Thanks for commenting on 'The Father's Curse' Cynthia - as always you are very insightful in the points you pick up.
'Terminal Velocity' vs 'High Velocity'? I guess that's down to accent and delivery - but 'terminal' trips off my northern tongue very rhythmically when reading the piece - so works for me :-)

Paul Waring

Mon 24th Apr 2017 22:27

Hi Cynthia, thanks for your message, so glad you shared it! I think the Freud book you referred to was The Interpretation of Dreams. My God, even I've never felt brave enough to tackle that one. I enjoyed the psychodynamic psychology element of my training but Freud's books can be heavy going. Perhaps a Wiki page or two is enough to chew over.

And thank you so much for the lovely words about 'Sweet Victory for the Solemn'.

Always good to hear from you and a massive thanks for your continued encouragement.

Paul

Martin Elder

Wed 19th Apr 2017 11:43

Hi Cynthia
Was really good to see you last night. You were on fire with your poetry last night. aside from the fact it was fabulous poetry as always, your delivery was fantastic. I would have told you but you were gone before I could do so. Great night
see you soon
Martin

john short

Wed 19th Apr 2017 00:41

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for your positive comments about my poems which makes a change from the usual indifference (of editors). I started to read a few of your poems - bit too soon to make any sensible observations.

John S

Stu Buck

Tue 18th Apr 2017 23:43

Hi Cynthia,
Just wanted to say how lovely it was to meet you tonight. I have long admired your work and to hear it read was just super. I especially enjoyed the final piece, what a wonderful structure and use of language.
I look forward to many more nights of wordsmithery, and thanks for making me feel so welcome.

Laura Taylor

Mon 17th Apr 2017 11:54

Heya Cynth

Agreed. I stopped shaving pits and legs a long time ago, initially as a private rebellion, then not so private. My body, my rules.

Ian Whiteley

Fri 14th Apr 2017 00:42

thanx for commenting on 'this book is bound in leather...' Cynthia - you make a very good point about line lengths and I will look to edit this piece into a better 'construct' because I feel you are right
Ian

Laura Taylor

Thu 13th Apr 2017 14:19

Hi Cynth

No way! Actual rules?! I am so moving to Canada. I was stuck on a bus between two offenders at the weekend, could barely breathe. It ruined my journey.

Why would anyone even attempt to put nail varnish on whilst on a journey?!

Philipos

Thu 6th Apr 2017 01:55

Hi Cynthia (Slates) just back from a short break near Minehead and thought my latest muse might have slipped the net unnoticed but no, hawk eyed Cynthia has twigged what B and her ladyship where up to as well. Thanks for appreciating a little levity. I have changed tack a little in my most recent work as I am starting to perform open mike stuff which I am beginning to enjoy. Thanks for taking the trouble to respond. Appreciated. P. šŸ˜ƒ

ken eaton-dykes

Wed 5th Apr 2017 10:26

Thankyou Cynthia

Much appreciated

Ken

Tue 4th Apr 2017 19:58

Cynthia re "Sin" the grating is in the mind of the beholder.

Philipos

Tue 28th Mar 2017 15:03

Hi Cynthia really great to hear from you. Yes you were bang on with your suggestion on 'Tolls'. Have been doing open mikes in various parts including Camden and more recently at the New Inn, Send, a hinterland of Woking, the latter courtesy of Greg Freeman's enterprising plans. I don't know if you are the same, but I find inspiration comes in waves. My current poetic home is with the Wey Poets at Guildford. A great bunch they are and thanks again. P. šŸ‘

Natasha Townsend

Wed 22nd Mar 2017 21:04

Cynthia! Just rereading your comment from 9th December 2016 (like a psycho)! But you're so right. Where do these thoughts come from? Always when my mind's still. I like to ponder on some higher power. Something needs to be said in the world. And if you're quiet enough to hear it (and have the panache to pull it off), it will pick you! It is a gift. šŸ˜ŠšŸŒˆšŸ‘ Xx

Colin Hill

Wed 22nd Mar 2017 12:56

well 'Hello You' and thanks for the lovely comment on my profile poem. Two clear weeks for catching up sounds a luxury to envy. Please feel free to dig and delve and comment if you wish Cynthia. My library door is always open.

I know what you mean about profile pics. Travandy's red typewriter is up at the top, iconic as a London bus. I don't recall the chap with the green eye but Suki's Polaroid pic is sheer pop art poetry. Mine changes occasionally with my mood. If I'm feeling particularly open you might get the full face but when I start mentally retreating it disappears to maybe just a cutout birdie. I seem to be halfway between at present - an equilibrium state perhaps. I quite like this one with the specs in an early Elvis Costello kind of way but that's just me being self-indulgent and laughing at my own jokes!

All the best to you Ms Aperitif.
Colin

john netting

Sun 12th Mar 2017 23:05

Never mind the poetry, thank you for your comment on my face, Cynthia! Something to be treasured, it's been a long time....!

And its been quite a long time since you wrote it - I apologise for the delayed response.

I've been reading some of your work, and get the sense of a formidable spirit there - it's very much poetry to be respected! I shall keep on reading and looking out for your poems as they arrive.

The great thing about WOL is its sheer richness and variety - one comes across poets whose work simply cannot be ignored, even though at first sight their work sometimes seems to be at a tangent to one's pre-existing ideas. In this way we broaden our range of understanding; this has certainly been the case for me, on reading yours. Thank you, Cynthia.

John.

Maxine

Wed 8th Mar 2017 19:22

Thank you for the lovely comment on my poem "the little things".

Melissa Gentile

Tue 28th Feb 2017 17:56

Cynthia,

Thank you for your kind words.

Your bio is inspiring, as is the Picasso you included. Looking forward to reading your collection of poetry. You had me at: "the halo of humanity is receptivity." Stunning.

~Melissa

Ian Whiteley

Mon 27th Feb 2017 17:12

thanks for your kind and insightful comments on 'Unknowing' Cynthia - it was a difficult but cathartic write - I'm pleased you saw its merits
Ian

Maxine

Sat 25th Feb 2017 22:08

Thank you for the welcome and comment on "good morning" Cynthia. I've been looking around, and enjoying reading.

123 … 6 … 9 … 12 … 15 … 18 … 21 … 242526Next ►