Big Sal

Fri 11th Jan 2019 12:50

Appreciate you reading, commenting, and generally just being here and being you.

So, thanks. Much.๐ŸŒท

Jon Stainsby

Fri 9th Nov 2018 03:28

Thank you for the support, Mae.

Becky Who

Sat 3rd Nov 2018 20:46

Hi Mae, thanks for commenting my poem "Motivation". It was just for fun... I'll be more serious sometimes I promise. Take care xx

elPintor

Sat 20th Oct 2018 03:10

Hello, Mae. It seems like you have quite much to say.

I've enjoyed watching, in silence, your participation here on WoL--from what I've seen, I've no doubt that you have much more to offer.

Rachel

Mae Foreman

Mon 15th Oct 2018 15:15

D.knape! I'm honored! And may I say, that makes one hell of a haiku! Thank you!

wink back!

d.knape

Mon 15th Oct 2018 12:27

overwhelmed
yet under
the influence.

wink.

d.knape

Sun 7th Oct 2018 23:23

you mae? or may not.

thanks for visiting my site.
you have a strange way of putting things.
I do not understand it but it sounds poetic-
therefore you Mae be a success.
Mae the gods be with you.

<Deleted User> (19836)

Sun 7th Oct 2018 18:59

Thank you so much for commenting on my POTW. I do appreciate it!!๐Ÿ˜Š

Taylor Crowshaw

Thu 4th Oct 2018 18:19

Hi Mae, thank you for liking Sat Here Thinking...I found your bio fascinating... Taylor๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Christine Renshaw

Tue 2nd Oct 2018 12:11

Thank you so much for your kind comments on 'The Language of Trees' Christine x

Sat 29th Sep 2018 16:54

Hello Mae - thank you for your messages on my page.
Remember some wise words: cynicism is the last resort of
idealism - and take comfort from them. Age (and I have that in abundance) should see us benefit in this life in
unexpected ways and these are always to be welcomed.
That said, youth has the advantage of an open mind and
the hoped-for years to profit accordingly. My working life
was spent in public service and allowed me many insights
into the human condition, its strengths and its frailties.
Now, in retirement, I can enjoy embracing the best of
both whilst not being too quick to be impressed by what
modern life and its values have to offer.
Be content in your own skin and above all, be kind (especially to yourself) when possible. I firmly believe
the latter to have the most value in our existence, whilst
being ready to recognise cant and cruelty - and reproach
them accordingly. Well-founded criticism always has its
place.
Good luck with your WOL poems!
MC

Becky Who

Sat 29th Sep 2018 06:14

Hi, Mae, thanks for commenting my profile! In fact, English is my native tongue, but I live in France, so when I try to put my poetry "out there" it's harder to be fully understood. That's why I've appreciated this website as a place I can share with people who do understand English!

I do sometimes write poetry in French though, and I'm absolutely all for writing in languages other than mother tongue too. We use slam poetry in our English as Second Language programme and the students absolutely love it - some even say it's easier and more liberating to write in English than to write in their own language, as the "rules" seem less constraining!

I've read your sample poem and I think it's great, and even your biography is written very poetically. I look forward to exploring more of your work.