Darren J Beaney

Mon 11th Jun 2018 07:55

Hi Ray

a quick early morning hello - thanks for taking the trouble to read my stuff and commenting from time to time.

Cheers

D

Frances Macaulay Forde

Thu 31st May 2018 04:26

Absolutely no need to apologise, Ray!

I did not take offence at all - I totally understood your response to 'Counting Sleep'. After all, Edna is an Aussie icon - some even say, a 'queen' - Ha-Ha!

Your comments and compliments are always welcome and gratefully received.

Best.
Frances.

Ian Whiteley

Wed 16th May 2018 14:54

thanks for commenting on 'sunset over lupset' Ray - to quote an old and poor joke 'nostalgia ain't what it used to be' ๐Ÿ˜‰ as always you offer an insightful analysis and add your own flourishes and thoughts - that capture what I was 'after' perfectly. Thanks again for taking the time to comment - it's appreciated
Ian

Sun 6th May 2018 20:23

Ray "Backwards glancing" nods in your direction. Tommy

Hannah Collins

Mon 30th Apr 2018 20:10

Hi Ray thanks so much for your comment on my poem The New Love.
I look forward to reading more of yours.

Hannah

Joe Williams

Thu 26th Apr 2018 10:00

Thanks for the comments on 'Killing the Piano' Ray, I'm glad you liked it. That one always strikes a chord (pun intended!) with people who play or who grew up with a piano around the house. It's one of those little tragedies of the modern world, I think.

Ian Whiteley

Tue 24th Apr 2018 13:59

thanks for the comments on 'pub quiz theory' Ray - just one more piece of modern living that I've come to despie - in my day it used to be called cheating - now if it gets you gold you do it - rather than take your natural place in the world.
Ian ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Laura Taylor

Sat 14th Apr 2018 15:54

Hi Ray - thanks for y'note on Charity. Aye, it was the faux jolliness combined with Big Brother - got to me a bit! ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm a socialist - that comes out in almost everything I write ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks again!

Hannah Collins

Sun 8th Apr 2018 16:09

Hi Ray
Thank you for your comments on my poem 'Moonlight Sonata.'
Always a pleasure to hear from you and your encouraging remarks.

Hannah

Anya

Sun 25th Mar 2018 20:21

Hi Ray,

Thank you so much for your comment, and your suggestions. So so great full!!! I want to learn and it is good to do it from the best ! Anya x

P.s. Age is nothing but a number ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ian Whiteley

Thu 22nd Mar 2018 19:08

thanks for commenting on 'Elbow Yard' Ray - once again you have my sentiments and undercurrents nailed - you really are very perceptive. I'm, hopefully, moving way from this period of grieving - and this felt like a full stop - before moving on. I really appreciate you taking the time to analyse and comment - it is very much appreciated

Ian

David Cooke

Thu 22nd Mar 2018 08:45

Hi Ray Glad you liked my Washing poem!

Sat 10th Mar 2018 14:11

Ray - your mention of Reggie Kray on Jonathan Humble's
latest poem took me back to the 1960s and a pal of those
days in the East End who, as a young DC, nicked Ronnie Kray when Nipper Read's team brought those brothers to
justice. I'm happy to say that although he retired early
and took another direction in life, that pal also made good
elsewhere.
Cheers,
MC

Freya

Fri 9th Mar 2018 22:10

Hi Ray
Thanks so much for the compliments and suggestion on Art Museum, i thought the same thing too and probably will change it!

Ian Whiteley

Mon 5th Mar 2018 20:55

Many thanks for your kind comments on 'Sacred Path' Ray - you are insightful as to the nature of the poem as I have just lost my best friend in the last month or so - and this was my way of honouring him without being too over sentimental (I hope). Thanks for taking the time to comment mate
Ian

Hannah Collins

Mon 5th Mar 2018 19:24

Hello Ray, Thank you so much for your comment on my new poem.
Much appreciated.

Hannah

Laura Taylor

Wed 21st Feb 2018 11:18

Howdy Ray

Soz for the delay - got caught up on stuff and stuff!

Thanks so much for your note on my Valentine poem ๐Ÿ˜€ Much appreciated!

Sat 10th Feb 2018 20:35

Belated Birthday greetings Ray and ditto thanks. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜Ž

karen izod

Sat 3rd Feb 2018 09:21

hello Ray

just listened to your latest audio piece - restless souls, beautifully read to go with the mood. Like the new photo too!

Karen

pauline sewards

Sun 28th Jan 2018 09:12

Amateur musicians - well crafted, economic and absolutely nails the subject

Sat 9th Dec 2017 23:55

Hi Ray - thanks for the comment on my blog. I do believe
there's a place for cynicism - purely on the grounds that
I also believe that "cynicism is the last resort of idealism".

Tue 28th Nov 2017 23:17

Hi Keith, Ray, Colin and Jon
Thank you all for your posts and I can advise you of my intent to write a massive thriller about containment, strangers and with no point of reference- a bit like my local- Tommy. ;- )

Mon 27th Nov 2017 12:02

Jeez Louise, that is one sexy photo in black and white. And also one fine picture in colour, still - commanding!

Sat 25th Nov 2017 21:13

Cheers Ray "click" re "Excuse my hand"
And
I remember the outtakes of the same film. Tommy
;- )

Wolfgar Miere

Fri 24th Nov 2017 22:57

Hello you old dog, liking your suave new picture and your revised profile.

David.

Jon

Wed 22nd Nov 2017 22:16

Ray
Cheers for kind comments on the dresser. They mean more than you'll ever know. I always have this nagging feeling that stuff I write isn't good enough to be posted so your comments have helped me loads.
Thanks again fella

Tom Harding

Tue 14th Nov 2017 18:35

Ray thanks for the comments, I've always appreciated your feedback on my poems, will let you know about the book availability next month when hopefully I know more.

Sat 28th Oct 2017 11:37

No voice is more real than your own, literally or poetically.

(Just did a recheck on your bio. There are so many fine works on WOL, I like to refresh my memory of the actual writers too.)

Hannah Collins

Fri 27th Oct 2017 18:36

Thank you Ray so much for your comment on my poem The Bound Bird. Really appreciated.

Hannah

Ian Whiteley

Mon 16th Oct 2017 10:56

thanks very much for commenting on 'Bait' Ray - glad you liked it - I'm hopeless at visiting WOL site at the moment - so only get to see comments when I come back to post something new - so sincere apologies for delay in responding - I really must make more of an effort to visit and contribute

David Cooke

Sat 7th Oct 2017 09:03

Hi Ray Glad you liked the 'Cities' poem! They're all going up on my FB poetry page now (with others):

David Cooke

Wed 13th Sep 2017 06:31

Hi Ray Glad you liked my Sri lanka poem. Don't know if you bother with FaceBoook but I have have started off a poetry page on it to give a bit more exposure to some of my older poems that have been buried in various collections over the years. Here's the link:

I'm planning to put something up every week or so.

Maybe you could 'like' it.

David

Hannah Collins

Mon 4th Sep 2017 17:45

Hi Ray, thanks for your comments on my poem The Man On The Corner. I look forward to getting to know your work.
Hannah

Dominic James

Wed 30th Aug 2017 08:41

Hi Ray, thanks for your feedback on On Leave, encouragement always appreciated. The first line, possibly the last line, belongs to Ernie Pyle, WWII correspondent who, as you may know, was very popular for his companionable, unhyped stories from the front, for the folks back home, who are involved too, of course.
Dom.

David Cooke

Sat 12th Aug 2017 09:20

HI Ray I'm so glad you like my Antoinette poem and I think that your comment is a pretty good poem in its own right!

David Blake

Mon 26th Jun 2017 23:33

Thanks for your comments on 'The Roast' Ray...a pleasure to hear your take, as always. DB.

kJ Walker

Tue 13th Jun 2017 07:17

Hi Ray. Thanks for commenting on Grandad Slugshaw. As always your comments are much appreciated
Cheers Kevin

Tom Harding

Mon 5th Jun 2017 21:31

Hi ray, thanks for the kind comment on my potw much appreciated!

keith jeffries

Tue 30th May 2017 11:41

Hello Ray, thank you for your comment on A Wartime Journey. I was born in January 1948 so am only able to recollect the aftermath of the war in and around Birmingham. My poems covering this period and also the Great War are taken from the experiences of family and friends who lived through these times. I hope I do justice to their memories. Later this year I hope to publish a book which will include two sections of poetry devoted to the World Wars. Iยดll keep you posted. Thank you again for you comments as always they are much appreciated. Keith

Ian Whiteley

Sat 20th May 2017 12:51

Aye Up Ray - thanks so much for commenting on 'Gone' I'm pleased that you liked it - but it's sad, in a way, that it had to be written at all. I appreciate your feedback mate
Ian

kJ Walker

Sun 14th May 2017 10:20

Hi Ray. Thanks for your comments on "Shut Thi' Clack".
I've been looking at, and listening to Stanley Holloway Monologues, since reading your comment. I'm flattered to be even mentioned in the same sentence as this great old master. unfortunately if you'd have heard me trying to read you'd withdraw your comment. I fell flat on my arse on my last two attempts. (something I'm going to have to work on)

Cheers Kevin

keith jeffries

Sat 13th May 2017 22:19

Ray, Thank you for commenting on the poem Lost and Held. I was 11 years old when my aunt drew my attention to the house in question and what had taken place during the war. It has always remained with me. An awful display of grief. Thank you again. Keith

keith jeffries

Thu 11th May 2017 18:55

Ray, thank you for commenting on The Tango. It is something which is all too familiar where I live. I have grown to love the music which is so rich in drama. Much appreciated as always. Keith

Stu Buck

Tue 11th Apr 2017 04:22

hello ray
not sure where i picked up on it, my brain is patchy, but congrats on having a pamphlet published. it is richly deserved, your work is funny, touching and intelligent, often all at once. as soon as it is available please let me know so i can buy one.
wonderful stuff.

keith jeffries

Fri 7th Apr 2017 09:25

Hello Ray, Thank you for commenting on Just after... Your comment was true indeed. I waited for my sweets which I shared with my Nan. They were always humbugs. It was a different world. Thank you again. Keith

Ian Whiteley

Mon 3rd Apr 2017 12:59

thanks for the kind comments on 'returning home' Ray - you have understood EXACTLY the meaning of this piece - thanks very much for taking the time to comment
Ian

David Cooke

Sat 11th Mar 2017 06:27

Hi Ray Thanks for kind comment on Prickly pear. David

Fri 10th Mar 2017 19:08

Ta Ray for your comment re "Lift" Tommy

C Byrne

Thu 9th Feb 2017 10:21

Thanks for the comment Ray. It's a self-portrait ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Have you ever been to Aldeburgh poetry festival? Well worth a visit...

elPintor

Mon 6th Feb 2017 00:07

Hey there, Ray,

Thanks for commenting, AGAIN, on "..to make something beautiful". I agree that the comments are insightful..a much desired affect of putting one's writing in public view. I've come into much more than I would've expected from such an open and varied forum..and, I know that I have people like you to thank for that, Ray..

..now back ya' go, like a good fella'..

elP