David Cooke

Mon 30th Aug 2010 19:53

Hi Cynthia I'm really flattered by your comments on Gasometers. You never know when you write something whether it will appeal to others or even make much sense. I thought this one was a bit risky in places, so am really pleased you liked it.

Joshua Van-Cook

Sun 29th Aug 2010 22:06

I can see what you're saying Cynthia. However I was trying to come across from an angle of the picture being nearly completely unambiguous. I do think that 'why?' is a question while not under-asked exactly but that curiosity only seems to go so far for quite a few people and that 'why?' can be asked about a variety of subjects a lot of times before all possible light is shed.

Dave Bradley

Sun 29th Aug 2010 20:49

Thanks for commenting, Cynthia. 'Lovely chum' is a phrase which the friend in question uses about her friends, so that's how I think of her

John Marks

Sat 28th Aug 2010 21:46

Cheers for the notice Cynthia. Foggy!

Greg Freeman

Sat 28th Aug 2010 16:01

Cynthia, your enthusiasm always comes across as genuine and lovely, and your praise is prized, as it often balanced by careful criticism, and morale-boosting. Don't stop, please! The nomination was for WOL poem of the month, for next Jan! It is made by the month's previous winner, in this case David. I must admit it has gone under my radar in the past, but I guess it pops up in the Features section?

Joshua Van-Cook

Sat 28th Aug 2010 10:16

Thanks for your comments on 'Invictus' Cynthia. As for your question I can see what you mean but the rhyme scheme of the second and third stanzas was what I was trying to follow through with. The additional assonant line in the first stanza was simply coincidental.

- Josh

Banksy

Fri 27th Aug 2010 21:45

Thanks Cyn(guardian angel poem) xx
BTW - Midnight Gardens - I think I am just a bit thick sometimes. I'm not dyslexic or anything, but sometimes I read some of "The Greats" poems also & for the life of me, they may as well be written in Chinese. Oh well. xx

Heather

Fri 27th Aug 2010 12:13

That's okay, I understand and I wouldn't want anyone missing out on a read of your poem just because it looks like you've got a lot of feedback :) And that makes a lot of sense, it does feel more in character ^^

Greg Freeman

Fri 27th Aug 2010 09:41

Hi Cynthia, thanks for your comments on Climbing the Malverns. As always, you are very generous

Lynn Dye

Thu 26th Aug 2010 21:53

Hi Cynthia, thank you for your kind comments on "Cloud Eleven", it was inspired by Stefan's "Yessss!" I very much enjoyed your "Midnight Gardens" too, and have left a comment. xx

shoeless

Thu 26th Aug 2010 20:54

hello Cynthia, glad you enjoyed 'rowan tree' thanks for the comments

Olga Gerke

Thu 26th Aug 2010 13:10

HI Cynthia! Thank you for commenting my poem! Hope to see more of you on one of Manchester poetry readings! X

Larisa Rzhepishevska

Wed 25th Aug 2010 18:27

Hi, Cynthia! Please, come back to my poems
"His Majesty Accident" and "I Learn And Study English'. With warmest wishes and hugs, Larisa

Ann Foxglove

Wed 25th Aug 2010 16:43

Hi Cynthia - thanks for kind comments on Pearlfishers. I agree with you re the un-needed words and have made a couple of cuts. And, did you remember where you read that article on Emily Dickinson? ;-)

Mirna Arabi

Tue 24th Aug 2010 07:45

Thank you so much Cynthia for your encouraging and helpul comments, I really appreciate every single word you wrote.

Bernadette Herbertson

Mon 23rd Aug 2010 22:22

Thank you so much cynthia on your kind comments on my..alphabet lover.. im so glad you liked it . and thank you for your comment regarding the ooh la la 's and wondering if it was a child or an adult . i re-read it and can see what you mean by it could be either but never realised this when i wrote it...it is actually an adult but could equally be a child so i guess i did better than i realised on this one ! best regards bernadette x x

Lynn Dye

Mon 23rd Aug 2010 20:16

Hi Cynthia, thank you for your comments on "Being a Veggie". When I wrote it I kept adding bits, to make all the points I wanted to, and then ended up wondering if it was too long! I agree it would be good to open it for discussion though, with others adding their twopennorth. Thanks again Cynthia. x

andy n

Mon 23rd Aug 2010 08:22

glad you like the two lighthouse pieces, cynthia... more story based certainly than i have done before, but that's probably because they were basicially true (you know the person who fell in the bog!).

thanks again x

Ann Foxglove

Sat 21st Aug 2010 20:12

Hi Cynthia - thanks for comment on my Emily Dickinson poem. I am very intrigued by the article you mention. Is there any way I can get hold of it? I have only recently discovered her and she is my new obsession! xx

Larisa Rzhepishevska

Sat 21st Aug 2010 13:34

Hi,Cynthia! I am glad to meet you here in Write Out Loud, enjoyed reading your poems and happy to know that you enjoyed reading my poem "I Learn And Study English". Your comment on this poem really inspires me and gives inspiration to write more and better. It is much appreciated and highly valued.
With warmest wishes,
Larisa

Augusta Darling

Sat 21st Aug 2010 13:13

The poem is purposefully evocative and endeavours to cross the state of being mentally ‘lost’ and ‘abandoned’ and also sewing to that the sense of feeling to that part of a dream that cannot be quite brought to mind in the morning but is remembered in brief coloured moments that tantalise and flash .past your ‘minds eye’ for the briefest of moments, never to return.

Cynthia - thank you for your critique You are so right….

I edit and edit and edit again and whilst I encourage all to do this…

I must sometimes get it down and out to be critiqued or it would be put away and never see the light of day, so many of my poems sleep in closed files neatly marked ‘Works in Progress’.

Once again many thanks
Augusta xx.

jean lucy thompson

Fri 20th Aug 2010 22:28

Points noted ie the Starman poem Much appreciated - the 'heaven' is purely emotional btw

Banksy

Fri 20th Aug 2010 16:40

I knew it! I'm an IDIOT.
- not at all !!
but it WAS a gift - if you give a kid matches... :)

Rachel McGladdery

Fri 20th Aug 2010 15:58

Thanks Cynthia, I really appreciated the comment, I did mess around with spacing more than usual this time, I had put it on facebook and looking at it, there were loads of line spacings that just didn't make sense...so I changed them before putting them on here, I need to watch that I think.
Rachel
x

jean lucy thompson

Fri 20th Aug 2010 12:37

Thanks Cynthia for your comments on my poem Woman of the Flowing Hair Much appreciated

Steven Dark

Thu 19th Aug 2010 11:39

Hi Cynthia. Re: comment on 'Savage Goddess' I never remove comments. Please try posting it again. I don't know why it's not there ... (:

Steven Dark

Thu 19th Aug 2010 11:19

Cynthia, thank you for your comment on 'And Where is Your God?'. It is the first time the phrase 'consummate poetical skill' has been applied to my work and it is praise indeed which I truly appreciate. Thank you for that. I don't read as much as I should on WOL but I will make every effort and reciprocate. Wytchewoode

Ann Foxglove

Sat 14th Aug 2010 15:28

Thank you Cynthia for your very kind comment on "No Matter" - I was afraid it might be too maudlin! Maybe I need a maudlinometer! Or maybe I don't!! xx

Paul F Blackburn

Sat 14th Aug 2010 12:58

Thank you Cynthia for your very flattering comments on my wonderful poem.

Banksy

Fri 13th Aug 2010 13:13

Hi - Ol Blue Eyes - I must admit that before I wrote it, I had to look up the spelling. Apparently, Sindy was the UK's answer to the US Barbie doll, so even though Cindy is a "real" US name, over here the new doll was called Sindy. all the best B.

Alvin Guinessberg

Fri 13th Aug 2010 06:32

My Irish great uncle Seamus Guinessberg ran a shop in Cork which like many Irish shops combined two businesses; plumbing and a bookshop. It was called Only Connect

Banksy

Thu 12th Aug 2010 22:01

Hi Cyn - glad you liked it & thanks for the comments
(smoke & mirrors) all the best X

winston plowes

Thu 12th Aug 2010 21:05

Hi Cynthia , thanks for you picasso comments. I saw the doc and liked the matisse one even more, very interesting. a spray of words. Yes... that just about describes it I think :-)

Rachel Bond

Thu 12th Aug 2010 19:55

thanks for your comment on putting dad to bed...So glad you understood x

Pete Crompton

Thu 12th Aug 2010 00:53

Cynthia, just read your comment on my profile, thanks. You ask about this superficial situation, the Cynthia superficial sitaution sites sympathy from me, yes it happens to me too.

Alvin Guinessberg

Wed 11th Aug 2010 20:37

Hi Cynthia
The poem was more concerned with how I feel about poetry. Good writing turns me on. I like poetry that has mystery and surprise, when not everything is spelled out. I do think of the brain as an erogenous zone. The person taking their clothes off could be male or female. I had no one in mind. I am interested in your use of the term physical arena suggesting romance as a wrestling match-the grapple of love.
Thanks for your interest

Ann Foxglove

Mon 9th Aug 2010 20:20

Many thanks for your kind comments on my Fishes poem! xx

Heather

Sun 8th Aug 2010 12:42

I thought it might be, the metaphysical is such a wonderful area to explore. And I'm so with you on the paper copies. I started my paper anthology before I ever put a poem to type and I've lost enough computer files along the way to continue with it.

garside

Sun 1st Aug 2010 09:38

Hi Cynthia - apols for the delay - thanks for your thought and good to chat with you recently

take care

steve x

Michelle Marie Clarke-Campbell

Wed 28th Jul 2010 12:38

Thanks Cynth,

An ocean in a tear drop...
Michelle

Banksy

Tue 27th Jul 2010 18:14

Hi Cyn - (seed pearl) - many thanks for the kind comments - it's only an oblique reference to the notion that precious moments/thoughts have been called "pearls", that pearls are hidden within the folds & also why oysters are the "food of love" - because of what they are said to look like & taste like. sorry to have to be rather explicit ! B

Daniel Hooks

Mon 26th Jul 2010 12:51

yes I came with my friend James to poetica once I want to stay in touch with the group and know whats happening although i live in hampshire!

geraldine golightly

Mon 26th Jul 2010 11:36

Thank you for your kind comments I have added another poem

Ann Foxglove

Sun 25th Jul 2010 22:20

Thanks Cynthia for kind comments on Sunday Afternoon poem. I nearly didn't put it on as it seemed so slight. I NEVER understand this poetry lark! xx

Sun 25th Jul 2010 21:34

Cynthia, thank you for reading and commenting on "Melancholium".
I am always intrigued to read your feedback and understand your angle on this piece.
Strangely, I see it a a much slower, thoughtful poem, hence the title and the almost daydream-like rambling of the words. The inspiration for this coming from those idle thoughts that pop into one's mind sometimes. Whatever happened to so and so etc etc.

Joshua Van-Cook

Sun 25th Jul 2010 18:14

Thank you for your high appraisal of 'High Tide' and 'Stars'. I haven't really posted in a while. I'm hoping to post more from here-on-in.

Greg Freeman

Sat 24th Jul 2010 10:52

Hi Cynthia, thanks for being so kind about Walking the Shore - and for not objecting to the fourth verse! The trouble you take to read, appreciate and criticise people's work is always morale-boosting. Greg

Ann Foxglove

Fri 23rd Jul 2010 20:20

Thank you so much for your very kind comments on my German Boy. xx

Olga Gerke

Wed 21st Jul 2010 20:11

HI CYnthia! Thank you for commenting my "Playtime". I am happy that it appeals to you. It was partly childhood memory, partly grown-up reflection..

Like your new poems. Keep them coming! X