Ann Foxglove

Wed 20th Oct 2010 14:15

Great to meet you last weekend - have you recovered yet? ;-)

Chris Dawson

Tue 19th Oct 2010 11:28

Hi Cynthia
Was lovely to meet you at last, hope you enjoyed the weekend - I did - would like another one now!
Forgot to say too - Happy Birthday!
Cx

Augusta Darling

Sat 16th Oct 2010 16:59

Thank you so much Cynthia for your wonderful crtique of 'The knot Within'...you are very kind

Many many thanks once again.

Augusta xx

Gus Jonsson

Fri 15th Oct 2010 16:22

Good afternoon Cynthia

Thank you so much for your comments you are very kind.

It seems to me that FREEDOM is a catalyst of circumstance, for example the cigarette crying for freedom is at once set ablaze and is extinguished humiliatingly into the stench of the ash tray who in turn cries out to be set free from its foul labour.

Of course not one of them realising that the cigarette smoker desires to cease his or hers odorous habit and be set free ….and so on.

Once again many thanks
Gusxx

Ann Foxglove

Thu 14th Oct 2010 19:19

Ta Cynthia, but I most definately do not resemble a model! I wish!! But you might just find out this weekend! xx

Ann Foxglove

Thu 14th Oct 2010 18:47

Re Winging It! I think I saw them as doves because of the pure whitness, the quietness, the round eggshellness of them, and the peace element, as they seem a peaceful way to make energy. Hope that helps, Cynthia. Gulls are so noisy!

Paul F Blackburn

Thu 14th Oct 2010 18:44

Thanks for your comment on my Freedom poem, I'm glad you enjoyed it, I'm now considering changing my name to James Shelley - lol.

David Cooke

Tue 12th Oct 2010 08:05

Hi Cynthia thanks for your gracious comment on At Woody's Top.

andy n

Sun 10th Oct 2010 21:19

Hi Cynthia - is the comment on 'The Velvet Conversation' for me in relation to the Freedom comp????? x

Gus Jonsson

Fri 8th Oct 2010 13:45

Yes, you are on the rightish track, things are never what they first appear or purport to be.

the exception being 'Strictly'... I've never watched it but admit to once treading in some.

The poem eludes to tears and lonliness.... frustration and helpless despair.... all to that tedious DOO Dee DOO Doo Dacing in the Rain Tune sung by the smiling and beguiling Gene Kelly.... must have been something that I had eaten earlier.

Thank you as ever for your gracious comments and love you all to bits.

Gus xx

darren thomas

Thu 7th Oct 2010 11:01

Hiya Cynthia - your recent comments have genuinely given me the lift I needed. Thank you.

Tom

Wed 6th Oct 2010 10:49

Hi Cynthia, Thanks for your comment and wisdom on my recent poem. It was a bit of rushed little exercise for Dave's Biting The Bullet thing. I'll take a longer look at it at some point and take your advice on board! TB

Chris Dawson

Mon 4th Oct 2010 14:31

Hi Cynthia,
I'm really looking forward to Hebden, and I'm so pleased you can make it - should be good fun!
See you next week,
Cx

Sat 2nd Oct 2010 18:06

Hi again Cynthia-Elaines transport sounds good-probably better a Lady companion,rather than a half blind pensioner weaving through the traffic at the usual ninety miles an hour(lol!)looks like I will have to take the'Cynth and Stef' windscreen stickers back to the car shop! as long as you are not struggling,thats all that matters.I shall remain the chivalrous plan 'B' standby-I know you will have a great time at Hebden-good luck! Stefan.

Dave Bradley

Fri 1st Oct 2010 13:31

Hi Cynthia

I think it would be great if you suggested 5 - 10 good ones - I could include your comments (non-attributed) in the announcement blog. Some really good poems are not going to get in the top 3 so it would be nice to have something to pass on about them.

As for picking 'the one' you don't have to - just send comments if you like. But if you want to vote, the criteria are your own - most fun, most crafted, most human, most surprising, most whatever - it's up to you.

Sean Kavanagh

Thu 30th Sep 2010 16:59

Hi Cynthia, Sean here, believe you wanted to get in touch. Haven't had an email. Try phoming the number on the website if you have a problem. Cheers, Sean.

Greg Freeman

Thu 30th Sep 2010 12:56

Thanks as always for your comments on Tomboy, Cynthia. I really like the mood of Martini on the Rocks. I thought the lake must be in North America, but then remembered the fish and chips, and thought, maybe Lake District?

Elaine Booth

Wed 29th Sep 2010 18:58

Cynthia, Many thanks for taking the time to read my latest blog poem. Of course it pleases me that you find it of worth but in a sense it pleases me even more that you have taken the time to make constructive criticisms. This is exactly why I joined the site. As you say, it's up to me but the point is to have the views of others working with words. I think I do have a habit of over-wordiness at times, hence I set myself to write haiku poems for the discipline! Once again, thank you.

Lynn Dye

Sun 19th Sep 2010 20:04

Hi Cynthia, thank you so much for your very kind comments on "Empty". Your support means so much. x

Banksy

Sat 18th Sep 2010 20:36

The Gift...
- Ha! beat yer to it ! :)

Jacqueline King

Fri 17th Sep 2010 07:26

Dear Cynthia, thank you for your encouraging comments, it was a bit of a bad experience to be honest, but I sit on the fence really, I don't think you need to go to church to have faith anyway :)x

Banksy

Thu 16th Sep 2010 21:54

Hi Cyn - "black eyed susan" - maybe have another look, if you feel like it ?

David Mac

Thu 16th Sep 2010 08:42

Hi Cynthia, thanks for all them kind comments on my poems.
Let's run away together and live in the mountains!

Chris Dawson

Wed 15th Sep 2010 13:16

Hi Cynthia, thank-you for reading and commenting on 'Velvet' - always appreciate it. I think the lid got nailed down some while back, I just can't seem to help scratching at the lining every now & then.
Are you going on the Hebden weekend? I'm really hoping to actually meet you one of these days! :)
Cx

Augusta Darling

Tue 14th Sep 2010 17:35

Many thanks for your encouraging words Cynthia,

It seem my 'pink and pretties' are getting as much comment as my poetry which really wasn't the objective, however don't let that stop you... wash day is Mondays.Thank you so much for your comments and for taking the time to read.

Augusta xx

Kate Tym

Tue 14th Sep 2010 11:07

Hi Cynthia - Thanks for your comment. My husband's a builder - so perhaps I should just get him to whistle at me on a daily basis! Or just start tossing my hair again with a bit more panache...! Kate

Greg Freeman

Sun 12th Sep 2010 12:58

Glad you liked the dance hall poem, Cynthia. I must admit, I hadn't come across the phrase "facial hair close-ups" before but see what you mean.

Dave Carr

Sun 12th Sep 2010 11:01

Hi Cynthia,
Thanks for comments on Medicine Man.
I always value your opinion.
I know what you mean. I think I may have got some inverted iambs.
I read it out for the first time on Friday. Not easy.
Dave

Olga Gerke

Sat 11th Sep 2010 17:35

Thank you for your comment, Cynthia. Well spotted, it was written slightly from male's perspective, so "me " and "I" sometimes confused

winston plowes

Sat 11th Sep 2010 14:33

Hi Cynthia, Enjoyed looking through your recent blog entries today. Thankyou. Winston

John Darwin

Sat 11th Sep 2010 09:27

Hi Cynthia. 'Rascal' was inspired by a photograph by a famous Turkish photographer Ara Guler. It was of an old-style steam boat on the Bosphorus in Istanbul which is a city I love and know very well. I hadn't seen before but the old boats had funnels that were bent down to go under the bridge, hence 'I bow my smokestack slowly'. The poem is written from the boat's point of view and the things I imagined it had seen in its time. The second verse is reference to a great fire at the start of the 20th Century that destroyed large parts of the city which was mostly woooden built at the time. THe star and crescent was reference to the Turkish flag and I imagined soldiers fighting in the Turkish was of independence in the 1920s being transported on the boat. Thank you for interest in my poem.

Best Wishes

John

Jo Mayers

Fri 10th Sep 2010 17:01

Cynthia, what a lovely, ace and sweet person you are. Your comments on Phaedra made me blush with pride. Thank you so much.

Marianne Louise Daniels

Fri 10th Sep 2010 09:29

Thanks for the comments cynthia, bit of a confidence boost because was feeling abit blocked recently. much apprecaited. take care x

Dave Bradley

Thu 9th Sep 2010 20:46

Hi Cynthia. Am on holiday - difficult to get on internet. So if you could remind people about tagging that would be great. Thanks!

Banksy

Wed 8th Sep 2010 23:07

Hi - "bullet" - well, maybe I'm just taking it too literally then ?
I thought - 1st verse = make a choice - marry or don't - there is pleasure and pain both ways.
2nd - possession is disliked but his obsession (with her) leaves no choice (fate) & Reality comes too late [to leave any other choice].
3rd - "and nobody cares" - you make your own choices, so if you want the wedded bliss you Bite The Bullet - you take the rough with the smooth. Maybe mine is too literal & you intended something else entirely? Still like it a lot though :)

Lynn Dye

Wed 8th Sep 2010 16:29

Hi Cynthia, thank you very much for your lovely, kind comments on Deceived (She Bites the Bullet) With warm regards, Lynn xx

Isobel

Mon 6th Sep 2010 15:24

Hi Cynthia - I'm sending you a link to Dave's description of this month's theme and competition. He decided to take it on board this time. I must admit - I'm loving it - really look forward to logging in and seeing how different people have tackled it. I do hope we are going to get one from you. x
If the link doesn't work - just go to Dave's latest blog.

Jo Mayers

Mon 6th Sep 2010 11:48

Cynthia. Thank you for your lovely comment on Cartooniverse. And in answer to your question, yes I shall be at Freed Up, although I was not aware of the theme until now, so thanks for that. Kind of odd that I've recently written a poem with 'stock still superman' in it, without knowing. Guess it must be Kismet, or something.

Isobel

Sun 5th Sep 2010 18:39

Thanks for your very kind comments on my last 2 Cynthia. Don't know whether it has anything to do with the study of language - who knows - I seem to be writing by feel at the moment. I could write tons every day - if only I had time to breathe...Funnily enough, I've just started one about poverty which is inspired by the poem Poverty Is that you posted some time back. I love the inspiration one can get from other poets on this site. Half the stuff I write would never be, if it weren't for that. x

Ann Foxglove

Sun 5th Sep 2010 13:09

Thanks for your comment on Comet Tails. If only I knew how to do as you suggest!! I am also very greatful for your info re the Emily Dickinson article. I tracked it down as being in a book that I have recently bought on Ebay. It's great, so interesting!! Thanks!

Moxy Casimir

Sat 4th Sep 2010 10:15

Hello Cynthia, huge apologies for not responding to your very kind (and hugely flattering -- made me blush and then check I was reading the right comment box on the right profile!) comment sooner. I've been battling crazy deadlines and then I couldn't access the site for some reason until ably assisted by Mr Paul Blackburn. Heck, if you could see me you'd smile. I'm just a small bundle of excitement and curiosity. I'm also horribly bookish and probably decidedly odd. If I were a character in Harry Potter, I'd be Luna Lovegood. I'm going to be at the Manchester Royal Exchange Theatre on October 29th in the great hall from 6-7pm doing a musical thing as a loosely connected part of Manchester Comedy Festival. It'd be lovely to meet you if you can come along! Moxy x

Banksy

Wed 1st Sep 2010 22:39

Hi Cyn - "you've got wood" - thanks for the comments - Tenses - I dont know to be honest - it just seemed to read better that way, although I do see that strictly speaking yours is correct. all the best. B

Harvey-Joe Thomas

Tue 31st Aug 2010 14:06

I seem not the first to show my appreciation for yours, but that does not change the sentiment, so thanks :-) Your latest poem is very impressive!
HJT x

Ann Foxglove

Mon 30th Aug 2010 21:32

Thank you so so much for your kind comments on my Field Boundaries poem. It is the first one I've really put concentrated effort into, having just been on an Arvon poetry course. I had found it a bit disconcerting, having to cut and chip and edit away, wondering if I'd lose whatever it is that I sometimes get into my poetry. Your comment made me feel that it is worth trying harder and thinking more. Thank you so much. xx

Banksy

Mon 30th Aug 2010 20:14

Hi Cyn - thanks for your comments on "dont let go" - I can see what Isobel & Chris mean - it could easily be expanded upon - but I'd said all I had to say. thanks. B

David Cooke

Mon 30th Aug 2010 19:53

Hi Cynthia I'm really flattered by your comments on Gasometers. You never know when you write something whether it will appeal to others or even make much sense. I thought this one was a bit risky in places, so am really pleased you liked it.

Joshua Van-Cook

Sun 29th Aug 2010 22:06

I can see what you're saying Cynthia. However I was trying to come across from an angle of the picture being nearly completely unambiguous. I do think that 'why?' is a question while not under-asked exactly but that curiosity only seems to go so far for quite a few people and that 'why?' can be asked about a variety of subjects a lot of times before all possible light is shed.

Dave Bradley

Sun 29th Aug 2010 20:49

Thanks for commenting, Cynthia. 'Lovely chum' is a phrase which the friend in question uses about her friends, so that's how I think of her

John Marks

Sat 28th Aug 2010 21:46

Cheers for the notice Cynthia. Foggy!

Greg Freeman

Sat 28th Aug 2010 16:01

Cynthia, your enthusiasm always comes across as genuine and lovely, and your praise is prized, as it often balanced by careful criticism, and morale-boosting. Don't stop, please! The nomination was for WOL poem of the month, for next Jan! It is made by the month's previous winner, in this case David. I must admit it has gone under my radar in the past, but I guess it pops up in the Features section?

◄ Prev123 … 6 … 9 … 12 … 1516171819 … 21 … 242526Next ►