Banksy

Thu 16th Sep 2010 21:54

Hi Cyn - "black eyed susan" - maybe have another look, if you feel like it ?

David Mac

Thu 16th Sep 2010 08:42

Hi Cynthia, thanks for all them kind comments on my poems.
Let's run away together and live in the mountains!

Chris Dawson

Wed 15th Sep 2010 13:16

Hi Cynthia, thank-you for reading and commenting on 'Velvet' - always appreciate it. I think the lid got nailed down some while back, I just can't seem to help scratching at the lining every now & then.
Are you going on the Hebden weekend? I'm really hoping to actually meet you one of these days! :)
Cx

Augusta Darling

Tue 14th Sep 2010 17:35

Many thanks for your encouraging words Cynthia,

It seem my 'pink and pretties' are getting as much comment as my poetry which really wasn't the objective, however don't let that stop you... wash day is Mondays.Thank you so much for your comments and for taking the time to read.

Augusta xx

Kate Tym

Tue 14th Sep 2010 11:07

Hi Cynthia - Thanks for your comment. My husband's a builder - so perhaps I should just get him to whistle at me on a daily basis! Or just start tossing my hair again with a bit more panache...! Kate

Greg Freeman

Sun 12th Sep 2010 12:58

Glad you liked the dance hall poem, Cynthia. I must admit, I hadn't come across the phrase "facial hair close-ups" before but see what you mean.

Dave Carr

Sun 12th Sep 2010 11:01

Hi Cynthia,
Thanks for comments on Medicine Man.
I always value your opinion.
I know what you mean. I think I may have got some inverted iambs.
I read it out for the first time on Friday. Not easy.
Dave

Olga Gerke

Sat 11th Sep 2010 17:35

Thank you for your comment, Cynthia. Well spotted, it was written slightly from male's perspective, so "me " and "I" sometimes confused

winston plowes

Sat 11th Sep 2010 14:33

Hi Cynthia, Enjoyed looking through your recent blog entries today. Thankyou. Winston

John Darwin

Sat 11th Sep 2010 09:27

Hi Cynthia. 'Rascal' was inspired by a photograph by a famous Turkish photographer Ara Guler. It was of an old-style steam boat on the Bosphorus in Istanbul which is a city I love and know very well. I hadn't seen before but the old boats had funnels that were bent down to go under the bridge, hence 'I bow my smokestack slowly'. The poem is written from the boat's point of view and the things I imagined it had seen in its time. The second verse is reference to a great fire at the start of the 20th Century that destroyed large parts of the city which was mostly woooden built at the time. THe star and crescent was reference to the Turkish flag and I imagined soldiers fighting in the Turkish was of independence in the 1920s being transported on the boat. Thank you for interest in my poem.

Best Wishes

John

Jo Mayers

Fri 10th Sep 2010 17:01

Cynthia, what a lovely, ace and sweet person you are. Your comments on Phaedra made me blush with pride. Thank you so much.

Marianne Louise Daniels

Fri 10th Sep 2010 09:29

Thanks for the comments cynthia, bit of a confidence boost because was feeling abit blocked recently. much apprecaited. take care x

Dave Bradley

Thu 9th Sep 2010 20:46

Hi Cynthia. Am on holiday - difficult to get on internet. So if you could remind people about tagging that would be great. Thanks!

Banksy

Wed 8th Sep 2010 23:07

Hi - "bullet" - well, maybe I'm just taking it too literally then ?
I thought - 1st verse = make a choice - marry or don't - there is pleasure and pain both ways.
2nd - possession is disliked but his obsession (with her) leaves no choice (fate) & Reality comes too late [to leave any other choice].
3rd - "and nobody cares" - you make your own choices, so if you want the wedded bliss you Bite The Bullet - you take the rough with the smooth. Maybe mine is too literal & you intended something else entirely? Still like it a lot though :)

Lynn Dye

Wed 8th Sep 2010 16:29

Hi Cynthia, thank you very much for your lovely, kind comments on Deceived (She Bites the Bullet) With warm regards, Lynn xx

Isobel

Mon 6th Sep 2010 15:24

Hi Cynthia - I'm sending you a link to Dave's description of this month's theme and competition. He decided to take it on board this time. I must admit - I'm loving it - really look forward to logging in and seeing how different people have tackled it. I do hope we are going to get one from you. x
If the link doesn't work - just go to Dave's latest blog.

Jo Mayers

Mon 6th Sep 2010 11:48

Cynthia. Thank you for your lovely comment on Cartooniverse. And in answer to your question, yes I shall be at Freed Up, although I was not aware of the theme until now, so thanks for that. Kind of odd that I've recently written a poem with 'stock still superman' in it, without knowing. Guess it must be Kismet, or something.

Isobel

Sun 5th Sep 2010 18:39

Thanks for your very kind comments on my last 2 Cynthia. Don't know whether it has anything to do with the study of language - who knows - I seem to be writing by feel at the moment. I could write tons every day - if only I had time to breathe...Funnily enough, I've just started one about poverty which is inspired by the poem Poverty Is that you posted some time back. I love the inspiration one can get from other poets on this site. Half the stuff I write would never be, if it weren't for that. x

Ann Foxglove

Sun 5th Sep 2010 13:09

Thanks for your comment on Comet Tails. If only I knew how to do as you suggest!! I am also very greatful for your info re the Emily Dickinson article. I tracked it down as being in a book that I have recently bought on Ebay. It's great, so interesting!! Thanks!

Moxy Casimir

Sat 4th Sep 2010 10:15

Hello Cynthia, huge apologies for not responding to your very kind (and hugely flattering -- made me blush and then check I was reading the right comment box on the right profile!) comment sooner. I've been battling crazy deadlines and then I couldn't access the site for some reason until ably assisted by Mr Paul Blackburn. Heck, if you could see me you'd smile. I'm just a small bundle of excitement and curiosity. I'm also horribly bookish and probably decidedly odd. If I were a character in Harry Potter, I'd be Luna Lovegood. I'm going to be at the Manchester Royal Exchange Theatre on October 29th in the great hall from 6-7pm doing a musical thing as a loosely connected part of Manchester Comedy Festival. It'd be lovely to meet you if you can come along! Moxy x

Banksy

Wed 1st Sep 2010 22:39

Hi Cyn - "you've got wood" - thanks for the comments - Tenses - I dont know to be honest - it just seemed to read better that way, although I do see that strictly speaking yours is correct. all the best. B

Harvey-Joe Thomas

Tue 31st Aug 2010 14:06

I seem not the first to show my appreciation for yours, but that does not change the sentiment, so thanks :-) Your latest poem is very impressive!
HJT x

Ann Foxglove

Mon 30th Aug 2010 21:32

Thank you so so much for your kind comments on my Field Boundaries poem. It is the first one I've really put concentrated effort into, having just been on an Arvon poetry course. I had found it a bit disconcerting, having to cut and chip and edit away, wondering if I'd lose whatever it is that I sometimes get into my poetry. Your comment made me feel that it is worth trying harder and thinking more. Thank you so much. xx

Banksy

Mon 30th Aug 2010 20:14

Hi Cyn - thanks for your comments on "dont let go" - I can see what Isobel & Chris mean - it could easily be expanded upon - but I'd said all I had to say. thanks. B

David Cooke

Mon 30th Aug 2010 19:53

Hi Cynthia I'm really flattered by your comments on Gasometers. You never know when you write something whether it will appeal to others or even make much sense. I thought this one was a bit risky in places, so am really pleased you liked it.

Joshua Van-Cook

Sun 29th Aug 2010 22:06

I can see what you're saying Cynthia. However I was trying to come across from an angle of the picture being nearly completely unambiguous. I do think that 'why?' is a question while not under-asked exactly but that curiosity only seems to go so far for quite a few people and that 'why?' can be asked about a variety of subjects a lot of times before all possible light is shed.

Dave Bradley

Sun 29th Aug 2010 20:49

Thanks for commenting, Cynthia. 'Lovely chum' is a phrase which the friend in question uses about her friends, so that's how I think of her

John Marks

Sat 28th Aug 2010 21:46

Cheers for the notice Cynthia. Foggy!

Greg Freeman

Sat 28th Aug 2010 16:01

Cynthia, your enthusiasm always comes across as genuine and lovely, and your praise is prized, as it often balanced by careful criticism, and morale-boosting. Don't stop, please! The nomination was for WOL poem of the month, for next Jan! It is made by the month's previous winner, in this case David. I must admit it has gone under my radar in the past, but I guess it pops up in the Features section?

Joshua Van-Cook

Sat 28th Aug 2010 10:16

Thanks for your comments on 'Invictus' Cynthia. As for your question I can see what you mean but the rhyme scheme of the second and third stanzas was what I was trying to follow through with. The additional assonant line in the first stanza was simply coincidental.

- Josh

Banksy

Fri 27th Aug 2010 21:45

Thanks Cyn(guardian angel poem) xx
BTW - Midnight Gardens - I think I am just a bit thick sometimes. I'm not dyslexic or anything, but sometimes I read some of "The Greats" poems also & for the life of me, they may as well be written in Chinese. Oh well. xx

Heather

Fri 27th Aug 2010 12:13

That's okay, I understand and I wouldn't want anyone missing out on a read of your poem just because it looks like you've got a lot of feedback :) And that makes a lot of sense, it does feel more in character ^^

Greg Freeman

Fri 27th Aug 2010 09:41

Hi Cynthia, thanks for your comments on Climbing the Malverns. As always, you are very generous

Lynn Dye

Thu 26th Aug 2010 21:53

Hi Cynthia, thank you for your kind comments on "Cloud Eleven", it was inspired by Stefan's "Yessss!" I very much enjoyed your "Midnight Gardens" too, and have left a comment. xx

shoeless

Thu 26th Aug 2010 20:54

hello Cynthia, glad you enjoyed 'rowan tree' thanks for the comments

Olga Gerke

Thu 26th Aug 2010 13:10

HI Cynthia! Thank you for commenting my poem! Hope to see more of you on one of Manchester poetry readings! X

Larisa Rzhepishevska

Wed 25th Aug 2010 18:27

Hi, Cynthia! Please, come back to my poems
"His Majesty Accident" and "I Learn And Study English'. With warmest wishes and hugs, Larisa

Ann Foxglove

Wed 25th Aug 2010 16:43

Hi Cynthia - thanks for kind comments on Pearlfishers. I agree with you re the un-needed words and have made a couple of cuts. And, did you remember where you read that article on Emily Dickinson? ;-)

Mirna Arabi

Tue 24th Aug 2010 07:45

Thank you so much Cynthia for your encouraging and helpul comments, I really appreciate every single word you wrote.

Bernadette Herbertson

Mon 23rd Aug 2010 22:22

Thank you so much cynthia on your kind comments on my..alphabet lover.. im so glad you liked it . and thank you for your comment regarding the ooh la la 's and wondering if it was a child or an adult . i re-read it and can see what you mean by it could be either but never realised this when i wrote it...it is actually an adult but could equally be a child so i guess i did better than i realised on this one ! best regards bernadette x x

Lynn Dye

Mon 23rd Aug 2010 20:16

Hi Cynthia, thank you for your comments on "Being a Veggie". When I wrote it I kept adding bits, to make all the points I wanted to, and then ended up wondering if it was too long! I agree it would be good to open it for discussion though, with others adding their twopennorth. Thanks again Cynthia. x

andy n

Mon 23rd Aug 2010 08:22

glad you like the two lighthouse pieces, cynthia... more story based certainly than i have done before, but that's probably because they were basicially true (you know the person who fell in the bog!).

thanks again x

Ann Foxglove

Sat 21st Aug 2010 20:12

Hi Cynthia - thanks for comment on my Emily Dickinson poem. I am very intrigued by the article you mention. Is there any way I can get hold of it? I have only recently discovered her and she is my new obsession! xx

Larisa Rzhepishevska

Sat 21st Aug 2010 13:34

Hi,Cynthia! I am glad to meet you here in Write Out Loud, enjoyed reading your poems and happy to know that you enjoyed reading my poem "I Learn And Study English". Your comment on this poem really inspires me and gives inspiration to write more and better. It is much appreciated and highly valued.
With warmest wishes,
Larisa

Augusta Darling

Sat 21st Aug 2010 13:13

The poem is purposefully evocative and endeavours to cross the state of being mentally ‘lost’ and ‘abandoned’ and also sewing to that the sense of feeling to that part of a dream that cannot be quite brought to mind in the morning but is remembered in brief coloured moments that tantalise and flash .past your ‘minds eye’ for the briefest of moments, never to return.

Cynthia - thank you for your critique You are so right….

I edit and edit and edit again and whilst I encourage all to do this…

I must sometimes get it down and out to be critiqued or it would be put away and never see the light of day, so many of my poems sleep in closed files neatly marked ‘Works in Progress’.

Once again many thanks
Augusta xx.

jean lucy thompson

Fri 20th Aug 2010 22:28

Points noted ie the Starman poem Much appreciated - the 'heaven' is purely emotional btw

Banksy

Fri 20th Aug 2010 16:40

I knew it! I'm an IDIOT.
- not at all !!
but it WAS a gift - if you give a kid matches... :)

Rachel McGladdery

Fri 20th Aug 2010 15:58

Thanks Cynthia, I really appreciated the comment, I did mess around with spacing more than usual this time, I had put it on facebook and looking at it, there were loads of line spacings that just didn't make sense...so I changed them before putting them on here, I need to watch that I think.
Rachel
x

jean lucy thompson

Fri 20th Aug 2010 12:37

Thanks Cynthia for your comments on my poem Woman of the Flowing Hair Much appreciated

Steven Dark

Thu 19th Aug 2010 11:39

Hi Cynthia. Re: comment on 'Savage Goddess' I never remove comments. Please try posting it again. I don't know why it's not there ... (:

◄ Prev123 … 6 … 9 … 12 … 1516171819 … 21 … 242526Next ►