Richard

Thu 2nd Nov 2017 10:54

Nice work I enjoyed reading your poetry! Will be back for more

Hannah Collins

Wed 1st Nov 2017 19:43

Hi Mike, I have sent you a message about the poem somewhere.
It is fine with me, a great idea, I look forward to reading it.

Hannah

mike booth

Sat 28th Oct 2017 22:21

Meant to ask if it is ok to post my poem based on the Caged Bird? M😀

mike booth

Sat 28th Oct 2017 20:19

Hi Hannah. An old friend of mine who is also on this site, Winston Plowes, has suggested an interesting experiment. You take a line or two of a favourite poem and create your own where each word becomes the last line of your new poem. Having recently read one of yours, I thought I would use a little quotation from the Caged Bird... hope that was ok! I will post the result on my page, but enjoyed letting the mind wander with your original words. You should try it too - it's fun! cheers, mike

mike booth

Sat 28th Oct 2017 09:57

Hi Hannah. You are clearly a prolific encourager of those on this site as well as a sensitive poet. I am enjoying your work and appreciate the positive feedback you have given on some of my efforts. we are all following Auden's advice when he said "A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language."
Keep writing!
M

Tom

Thu 19th Oct 2017 19:27

Hi Hannah,

Thanks so much for the comments on Cooling Towers and Death Is The Only Song. I really appreciate the feedback and thank you for reading. I've started working my way through your work and am already really enjoying your style. The Grass and The Garden Shed are particularly good. Thanks! Tom

Laura Taylor

Mon 9th Oct 2017 14:44

Hey Hannah

Many thanks for your comments on my last two poems. Yeh, they are both about him. I expect I'll be writing a few more before the year is out, too.

kJ Walker

Sun 8th Oct 2017 19:22

Hi Hannah, thanks for taking the time to comment on my latest bit of nonsense. Glad you enjoyed it
Cheers Kevin

Laura Taylor

Fri 6th Oct 2017 09:29

Morning Hannah

Ah thank you re Margaret. Wrote itself the day after she died! I'd been waiting a long time.

And thank you for your kind words about my Dad. Take care, and I look forward to reading more of your work too.

Wed 4th Oct 2017 04:06

There you are! (your poems) Tommy

Eseosa

Sun 1st Oct 2017 14:38

Thanks so much for your comment on WARM. much appreciated

Helen Elliott

Sat 30th Sep 2017 21:45

Hi Hannah.

Thank you for commenting on Glaswegian. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I look forward to checking out your work.

Helen

Fri 29th Sep 2017 09:52

Welcome to WOL, Hannah. That is a lovely photo. Is it you?

Thanks for your recent comment. I will try to catch up with more of your work.

Dancing has been a joy to me since childhood, nothing extraordinary, just the love of bodily movement in rhythm to melody, often in my head only. Always seemed a likely 'partner' with the love of poetry, both reading and writing.

Ian Whiteley

Tue 26th Sep 2017 23:54

thanks for commenting on 'Passchendaelle' Hannah - it was one of a selection of poems I wrote and put to music in 2014 on the anniversary of WW1. Researching the project was an eye opening experience - and as you say, so many young men and women were taken so young.
Sorry it's taken a while for me to respond - I haven't been on the site for a few weeks
cheers
Ian

terry l shuff

Fri 22nd Sep 2017 13:27

Thank you for your comment on Puerto Rico Poem Hannah.
On that day, my wife Linda and I awoke to a beautiful sunny autum day. We worked in our flower beds,preparing plants for winter. While the carribean prepared to survive,again.
Now our plants have a better chance to survive the winter.
While the people of the carribean pray they will survive this
Hurricane season. We have cruised the carribean Islands 15 times,and are booked for a November cruise. While they suffer through months of deprevation. Life is unpredictable.
It can also define us. I was in the Vietnam war. Me and all the other 19&and 20 year olds. were no match for the Vietnamise people. But i learned resillence there. The Islanders are tough. They will survive..they have the heart that hopes

Ian Whiteley

Mon 11th Sep 2017 15:50

thanks for your kind comment on 'The Devil Don't Own Me' Hannah - I'm really pleased you liked it and thanks for taking the time to comment
Ian

Ferris

Sun 3rd Sep 2017 15:37

Hello,
Let's not forget Emily Dickinson:
"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all."
Or Andy Dufresne (from Shawshank Redemption): "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things... and good things never die."
Personally, I think people with no hope, kill themselves.
Great poem, classical in style, upload more!

keith jeffries

Thu 31st Aug 2017 09:58

Good Morning Hannah, Thank you this beautifully composed poem which bears witness to the words of Alexander Pope who said, ¨Hope springs eternal in the human breast ¨. Keith