keith jeffries

Sat 8th Jul 2017 12:33

Hello Matthew, thanks for the message and I wish you well in your endeavours. I shall be monitoring your work as you possess a style which I particularly enjoy. All is well in sun drenched Spain, but a little too hot at present. Keith

Comment is about Matthew Nicholson (poet profile)

Original item by Matthew Nicholson

keith jeffries

Thu 6th Apr 2017 11:25

Hello Matthew, it´s me again. I have come to read some more of the poems you have listed. They are so poignant, heartfelt and true. You have an ability to be empathetic in your work, unafraid to disclose your feelings. I too share the good fortune of knowing some very strong ladies in my time who have taught me a great deal about life, behaviour and compassion. I needed to be taught these and I am also grateful to them. Keep writing mate. Thanks. Keith

Comment is about Matthew Nicholson (poet profile)

Original item by Matthew Nicholson

keith jeffries

Mon 20th Mar 2017 16:06

Matthew,
Thank you for getting back to me about my comments on ´Society´. I have recently read more of your work which I truly admire. You are highly perceptive in what you write and embody your words in your own unique style. I suppose what I am trying to say is that you are doing your own thing and doing it really well. I live in Spain but would love to hear some of your recitations. Keep on writing mate, it can only get better. Cheers. Keith

Comment is about Matthew Nicholson (poet profile)

Original item by Matthew Nicholson

keith jeffries

Mon 13th Mar 2017 18:56

Society is one of the best poems I have ever read. Again thanks. Keith

Comment is about Matthew Nicholson (poet profile)

Original item by Matthew Nicholson

Jade Kelly

Sat 4th Jun 2016 12:19

No problem!

Comment is about Matthew Nicholson (poet profile)

Original item by Matthew Nicholson

Jade Kelly

Tue 2nd Feb 2016 23:13

I really liked your poem society, it is true, we are all so quick to judge without looking at the bigger picture. It was very thought provoking and very well written :')

Comment is about Matthew Nicholson (poet profile)

Original item by Matthew Nicholson

Matthew Nicholson

Tue 17th Jun 2014 08:18

Hello Daniel

Thankfully my best mate got out of the relationship and did not return. I remember telling him at the time if he went back to her, our friendship was over. 20+ years or not.

I couldn't cope with seeing him like that again and despite it being a bit extreme, I felt I had to make it very clear that he was worth more than being in an abusive and violent relationship.

Having known each other for so long, he knew I meant what I said. I'm relieved I never had to follow through and end an incredible friendship.

Thanks again for your comments and for reading.

Comment is about Matthew Nicholson (poet profile)

Original item by Matthew Nicholson

Daniel Dwyran

Sat 14th Jun 2014 20:50

Hello Matthew
I was very moved by your sample poems. Domestic Violence is abhorrent regardless of the gender of the victim and I felt that you captured the inner feeling of the victim and his best friend in Domestically Imbalanced.
Angel of the Street was a breaking down of barriers has a wonderful insight of humankind regardless of circumstance. I look forward to reading more of your work. Difficult subjects portrayed with a streetwise elegance. Enjoyed reading them very much.

Comment is about Matthew Nicholson (poet profile)

Original item by Matthew Nicholson