Suzanne Iuppa

Sat 18th Feb 2017 13:24

Dear John!

Hi! Hope you are well and the writing is happening! Thanks for your kind words about my work. I like what you say about tone. Thanks. Word choice and tone are inseparable in my work (and in my head when I am writing) and I spend much time researching words and sometimes, particular subjects before I write, only for them to tumble out in ways I did not expect-- that's the muse part of my brain.

But I have my poetic idea-- the beanstalk first, in mind. This quite often includes a form. The time researching dictates how it grows.

World's End is a poem against the odds. I'm glad you like it. (I feel like hugging my son Joshua whenever I read it.) Sometimes, I feel like I am writing the same poem, over and over again.... I feel I have faith. I think, I do. See you soon, in Mold.

Love from, Suzanne X

Comment is about Suzanne Iuppa (poet profile)

Original item by Suzanne Iuppa

john netting

Fri 17th Feb 2017 23:01

Hello Suzanne,

Don't know if you're still active on here (I signed up a week ago).

Re conversation at the Mold CBP meeting: I have just read your "World's End" once again. What a poem it is! For me it is close to the ultimate in terms of language and tone. As a sustained, taut, electrifying piece of verbal music, there is little I can think of to equal it. The descriptive focus and texture! And that strange and chilling sentence "There was no earl to greet her" - all so fine...

It's obvious from your "Ponty", heard at Mold, that your joy in language and mastery of tone are undiminished.
Have you ever thought of blogging on here? - even any superfluous scraps you have lying around would raise the game no end, I'm sure! I am finding it oddly exhilarating, following poetic pathways I couldn't have imagined a fortnight ago. A lot of crap here, but some seriously good writing too. No doubt WOL sits well with the strange and persistent revolution, reinvention, I seem to be undergoing at present...

Nice to see you in Mold when you can make it!

John

Comment is about Suzanne Iuppa (poet profile)

Original item by Suzanne Iuppa

Suzanne Iuppa

Sun 31st Jan 2016 10:03

for pine martens?

Could be!

Comment is about Suzanne Iuppa (poet profile)

Original item by Suzanne Iuppa

Sat 23rd Jan 2016 18:30

...and she looks, upwards, watching?

Comment is about Suzanne Iuppa (poet profile)

Original item by Suzanne Iuppa

Suzanne Iuppa

Fri 18th Dec 2015 12:47

Hi Rob! Thanks so much for being in touch. I really enjoyed listening to you read on Wednesday, and I am looking forward to reading your story in full, from this simply amazing book. I do hope to see you again soon, and perhaps the rest of your family too-- would love to hear your poetry now, so please keep me informed! Suzanne XX

Comment is about Suzanne Iuppa (poet profile)

Original item by Suzanne Iuppa

Rob Cullen

Thu 17th Dec 2015 09:00

It was good meeting you in St Fagans with David! What a day of readings and listening! I loved taking part in A Fall into Grace and there's talk of a continuation by some people and others who were not apart but attending!

Comment is about Suzanne Iuppa (poet profile)

Original item by Suzanne Iuppa

Suzanne Iuppa

Sun 3rd May 2015 23:27

Yes! thank you. And thanks to my very live 5 year old son (in 1992).

Comment is about Suzanne Iuppa (poet profile)

Original item by Suzanne Iuppa

<Deleted User> (5592)

Sun 3rd May 2015 23:11

Good to meet up with you at Wenloch. Plan to visit North Wales again during one of my journeys this year.

Very striking how varied the vocabulary you recruit into your poem. (As an aside, would bet yours is the first use of 'saprophytic fury' - in a poem; but entirely appropriate.)

Comment is about Suzanne Iuppa (poet profile)

Original item by Suzanne Iuppa