Hannah Collins

Fri 27th Oct 2017 18:57

Hi Graham, Thank you so much for your comment on my poem The Bound Bird.
I am always happy to read what you say.

Hannah

Ian Whiteley

Mon 23rd Oct 2017 20:53

thanks for your kind comments on 'Safety Off' Graham - I appreciate you taking the time to comment and am pleased that you liked it. I'm recording a music version of it tomorrow - fingers crossed
cheers
Ian

Hannah Collins

Wed 20th Sep 2017 12:59

Hello Graham, I enjoyed the video about dance and juggling very much.

Thank you for your comment on my poem Angel.
I don't know myself what happened but I tried to show the detail of an ordinary normal day against the horror of a missing child. Thanks for your encouragement.

Hannah Collins

Mon 18th Sep 2017 21:09

Thank you for reading and commenting on my poem The Grass.

Hannah Collins

Tue 5th Sep 2017 19:15

Thank you Graham for your comment on my poem The Man On The Corner.
I really enjoyed your sample poem, love the imagery of the sea.

Marianne May

Tue 22nd Aug 2017 16:32

Hello, Graham! Thanks for your comment on my piece, "Poetry". :)

Shirley Smothers

Mon 21st Aug 2017 19:18

Thank You for your comments on my HAIKU'S INSPIRED BY BRUCE LEE, here is a link so you may read them for yourself.....

David Cooke

Thu 10th Aug 2017 17:39

Hi Grahame Glad you liked my Antoinette poem!

Mon 3rd Jul 2017 20:57

Have you read 'Salt to the Sea' by Ruta Sepeti? I heard it being reviewed last week or so, very favourably. I'm just wondering, considering your poem above. I'm going to try and find a library copy.

Wed 28th Jun 2017 11:37

Great photo!

Tue 27th Jun 2017 16:47

Indeed G (re Chuka).

Colin Hill

Mon 12th Jun 2017 17:15

thanks Graham. Your comment sat appropriately next to an ad for Thai brides! We do attract them don't we!
C💖L

Tom Harding

Mon 5th Jun 2017 21:32

Hi Graham, thanks for your kind comment on my potw, greatly appreciated!

Mikhail Smith

Wed 31st May 2017 14:09

Hello Graham, thanks very much for your comments. Not the most pleasant subject to be inspired by, but I think we have to release our thoughts before we accept sadness and then just gradually forget. Think I'll go back to a more light-hearted approach ! ... thanks.

Fri 21st Apr 2017 21:16

Cheers re for your comment on 'Sin' Grahm. Tommy

Mon 17th Apr 2017 09:01

Not getting ahead of ourselves, are we, Graham?
They have 4 home games left and 2 away. We have 4 away games left and 2 are home - against the Arse and the Scum. But it's certainly opened the door a bit.
COME ON YOU SPURS.

MARIA

Fri 14th Apr 2017 17:50

Thanks Graham! I am happy you like my website! I created it on my own on Wix platform but all the pictures are mine. I like photography too!!!
I like your poetry sample in your profile.

keith jeffries

Fri 7th Apr 2017 13:07

Hello Graham, I am afraid it is the computer illiterate one again. At the end of each blog there are the words edit and permission. What do they mean? Also how is one´s work listed on poetry blogs? Sorry to be a pest. Keith

keith jeffries

Sat 1st Apr 2017 18:59

Hello Graham, I have mistakenly entered two blogs under the title Holkiday. I cannot seem to erase them. Could you please help. My final attempt was Holiday Makers which is ok. Thank you. Keith

Matthew Nicholson

Wed 29th Mar 2017 11:29

Hi Graham

Thank you for the comment on 'A Million Questions Unanswered' in my blog.

Matthew

David Redfield

Sun 5th Mar 2017 16:46

Thanks Graham.

Much appreciate the comments on the two bird pieces.
The heron looks great once it's got going tho ...
I'm really enjoying the site - thanks for all the hard work in keeping it active

Cheers

Dave R

Paul Waring

Sat 14th Jan 2017 23:22

Graham, thanks for the lovely succinct summary of my poem 'if only.....' which, yes, is definately about regret but expressed in a slightly tongue in cheek fashion. Hope it worked! Paul

Ian Whiteley

Mon 21st Nov 2016 12:32

thanks for your comments on USMF Graham - you say America can't die because we can't let it? Like we have any choice in the matter :-) the west in general is looking to solutions that are about populist revolution - worryingly to the right of politics - history works in cycles - luckily in the past we have stopped these particular cycle at great cost - let's hope we can nip it in the bud this time before any more innocent people get hurt

Ian

Wed 12th Oct 2016 16:10

To all WOLers
We are once again being targeted by spammers using the name Hellengirl.

Please ignore any communications from this source

Graham

Dominic James

Wed 20th Jul 2016 08:31

Hi Graham

thanks again for comments on Man & Camel etc. Challenge is a word I pause at since a very PR savvy artist told me she no longer had problems, she had challenges: the debasements of general usage. I'm really delighted you found the poem warranted several readings. All the best, Dom.

Preeti Sinha

Sun 3rd Jul 2016 12:58

Yes Graham, the more insular, scared and idiotic people get, the more the fear mongers benefit.
I write to get responses out of you. When that happens, I feel unusually chuffed.
Thanks, mentor.

Wolfgar Miere

Fri 13th May 2016 10:22

Haha, that does amuse me Graham.

I didn't really think for a moment that the piece related to anything masonic it was simply an image which formed in my mind. Having imagined it, I couldn't resist the quip.

I think you may be have done the right thing in editing as some might unfortunately find it unsettling.

Thanks for commenting on "Good News"

David

Vicki Ayers

Sun 8th May 2016 10:54

Thanks Graham for reading & commenting on SeaDreams - I'm so glad you liked it xx

Lisa C Miller

Mon 28th Mar 2016 00:24

Hi, Graham,

I am just setting up my profile and cannot figure out if it is active or not. How long does it take. I like this site. I recently found it.

Lisa

Tue 26th Jan 2016 22:25

Thanks Graham for your intervention; I just got a message come through with 21 individual alerts. It seems it is probably sorted now

Cheers. Ray

Jim Trott

Tue 26th Jan 2016 17:48

Hi Graham

Just a short note to thank you for your comment on "Martha Street"

I'm slowly working out how to navigate the site (my slowness, not the fault of the site), and am enjoying the experience very much.

Congrats on your poem "Sis". It drew me in.

Also, I was glad to find that someone else remembers Jimmy Greaves!

Mon 25th Jan 2016 17:04

Hi Graham, just wondering why I seem not to be getting alerts for comments on blogs on my email address lately. When I've checked the poems they are there. This means also that I can't find out about any feedback from my comments to other contributors.
Any ideas?
Thanks Ray.

Preeti Sinha

Fri 22nd Jan 2016 12:19

Thanks Graham on reading. Yes, the media twists and contorts, presenting often the bleakest side of everything.
I love when you read and comment! I'm such a schoolgirl

Preeti Sinha

Thu 14th Jan 2016 18:14

Love the new you

Preeti Sinha

Sun 10th Jan 2016 15:38

Thank you for reading. When you offer comments, I feel I've created something which matters.
Heartfelt thanks, as always.
Preeti

Ian Whiteley

Tue 5th Jan 2016 15:57

thanks very much for commenting on Black Christmas - really pleased that you liked it. Apologies for not responding sooner - I really must get my act together in 2016. Cheers
Ian

Tue 5th Jan 2016 11:19

Here's some good words to keep in mind throughout 2016.

"Take your poetry seriously, not yourself"

Looking forward to a lot more new members and much more blog posting, commenting and discussions from a wonderful bunch of poets on WOL.

Graham

Preeti Sinha

Tue 29th Dec 2015 14:22

It's as if all's right with everything when I get your seal of approval...Thank you Graham: for reading, for commenting and for your New Year wish.
A very Happy New Year to you and yours :)
Preeti

Mon 23rd Nov 2015 16:45

Thanks Graham . Great times, and I understand how your little'uns felt! Bitterne was run on the Eastern main line being of the Mallard class. Big fellas!!

Ledger de la Bald

Wed 4th Nov 2015 09:48

Hi Graham. Thank you for your feedback on 'Moving On'-it is one of those which I didn't have a clue what reaction it would get. Illustrations, now there's a thought: my artistic ability doesn't go beyond matchstick drawings-which may suit it very well.

Preeti Sinha

Thu 22nd Oct 2015 19:50

Hello Graham, new job, new city, new new new! Thanks for your lovely comments! Aww, pity you ain't going bad, I sure could have lent a helping hand ;) Thank you for your balanced comments; I see enough hysterical back slapping, pseudo intellectual posturing here to make me gag :0 I have nothing to rant about, give me some time and I'll be back! Fine poetry, a lovely read, as always.
Preeti

Ian Whiteley

Sun 18th Oct 2015 19:21

thanks for the kind comments on 'Don't Pay The Poets' Graham. Your assumptions are a little of the mark I suppose. I too have got 'the merchandise' (CD's/Books) for gigs - and quite a few happy punters come along and buy - and I thank them from the bottom of my pockets. My target is not the punter - it's those who put poets onto bills with other 'acts' all of whom get paid. Laura has summed it up in her comments more eloquently than I can - but why shouldn't Performance Poets expect some form of payment - we are entertaining a non-poetry audience a lot of the time - which brings people into a venue. I have yet to meet a promoter or landlord doing what they do for free ;-)
Ian

Preeti Sinha

Sat 17th Oct 2015 17:13

Thank you for your wonderful words. You kinda make my day

Abi Thomson

Tue 13th Oct 2015 19:06

Wonderful thoughts and ideas which you've captured beautifully in you writing, keep going would love to read more

Tue 13th Oct 2015 11:08

HI Graham. Of all the comments on "Don't pay the poets" yours was the one I most closely related to. I don't know if ignorance is a defence in the poetry world as in the law. I found the poem really strong and delivered well. I rather think I am a bit of a fatalist, having been brought up in a think safe, play safe environment which affects your progress more than we would like!

Ian Whiteley

Sun 11th Oct 2015 23:45

thanks for the kind comments on 'On The Slag Heap' Graham - I've been away from here too long - so apologies for the late reply. The irony of the destruction of northern communities due to the choking of it's industry - is that those 'savings' are then used to entice foreign owners into British industry - who do not care whether local jobs are lost in the advancement of a fast buck. The government will again entice China into building and running British power stations - I wonder where that's heading ultimately.... thanks again for the comments
Ian

Harry O'Neill

Wed 7th Oct 2015 14:05

Thanks Graham,
For your generous comment on Bon Voyage.

Is it just me, or do the words `charming` and `lovely` seem to be a bit out of kilter with today`s poetry talk?

If so it is very sad.

John Bastard

Mon 5th Oct 2015 13:36

good morning Graham,

thanks for reading me again.
RE: Heather
I think I prefer "glistening fangs" over stinger or nettle. a venomous delivery system shows more intent (or inherent intent of a built-in predatory nature)
nettles can't help but sting you, and I can't help but be stung. It's not necessarily a spider's fault for biting and binding its many many husbands, but it doesn't help that it's built that way either. i imagine if i were a widow i might develop greater pleasure in doing what i'm good at than not, even if it's what i was built for.
stinger is a bit of a barbaric tool, and i think when i decided on stinger i was in a barbaric bit of self-loathing hahahaha :)

RE: waxwood
i tried to make it a little more spaced out this time, but the lines are really run-on. really warm, syrupy, and tired, so they're made to slowly saturate the ideas. it's a passive bleed and needs a little more work than spacing i think. it's been a theme over the last 48 hours, but let me know what you think. it's marginally improved.

please don't stop your criticisms. i really appreciate it.

EDIT: Oh, right.
Yes. this is all new.

John Bastard

Wed 30th Sep 2015 04:06

hi graham
you were right with your evaluation of 'vultures etc.' It was mostly an open valve of barely connected thought that was somewhat clumsily struck together. most of the time my ideas come out that way, and sometimes I have to make haste in burning thru the sentiments they contain without giving them proper form.

i'm sure I'll recycle the ideas presented there at a later date. mostly, I just needed to get them out.

John Bastard

Thu 10th Sep 2015 01:14

evening graham
thank you for reading me. I didn't expect to see your face on my page again since I first started putting content out on here.

as someone who is unfortunately (remarkably) under-read, I'll have to look up Saul Bellow.
Thank you.