darren thomas

Fri 28th Aug 2009 13:07

Cate - thank you for your recent comment. Unfortunately, my camping days have only just begun.

D

Comment is about Cate (poet profile)

Original item by Cate

darren thomas

Fri 28th Aug 2009 12:54

Thanks for your comments, Dave.
You had it easy! If my memory serves me well, Saturday was by far the best day with the region's weather. Still, I've earned my camping stripes and, rather surprisingly, it hasn't put me off doing it all again. Without the kids.
Thanks again.

Comment is about Dave Bradley (poet profile)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Fri 28th Aug 2009 12:29

But does he sing and wear one black glove, thats what I want to know??
Cate xx

Comment is about Poem for Alvin (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Fri 28th Aug 2009 11:21

Not cynical, Isobel. Just a different kind of fun. More like fencing is not death-inducing - it's a sport. Make a point''; expect/hope to get one back.

Comment is about Read more and leave comments (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Lenford White

Fri 28th Aug 2009 10:33

Hi Dave, love your poems, especially the one about Mr Jellyhead, clearly a much missed man. In answer to your question some months ago. We are all very good at getting things very wrong - probably becuase we are mere mortals. Just just thought that Una, being a god and all, just might be able to help us.

Regards

Comment is about Big Chill August 2009 (blog)

Original item by Dave Morgan

David Franks

Fri 28th Aug 2009 09:45

Just enjoyed some of your verses, Katy (I think?); also, for what it's worth, I simply found a way to sing some of my verses (Chants from Walkabouts), then mimicked my voice with recorder and keyboards, and wrote down the tunes.
Regards, David

Comment is about KtD (poet profile)

Original item by KtD

Isobel

Fri 28th Aug 2009 08:53

I wish I'd had an Auntie Janet. Well done Chloe - poetry is wonderful way to express yourself. It is a game that can be played anywhere, any time and will take you through ups and downs of life. Enjoy. x

Comment is about 3 poems by Chloe Ramsden (Janet's niece) (blog)

Val Cook

Fri 28th Aug 2009 08:15

By example do we lead Janet. Very good Chloe you have made your first leap into poetry so keep on writing. You show great promise.

Comment is about 3 poems by Chloe Ramsden (Janet's niece) (blog)

Dave Bradley

Fri 28th Aug 2009 08:07

Hi Chloe

I enjoyed reading these, especially 'Auntie Janet'. I hope you keep writing. You can learn from other people, but the main thing is to enjoy it and keep doing it. If you read your poems again after a few months, you'll probably feel how you want to improve. And it's how you feel that's important. Hope to 'see' you again on WOL

Comment is about 3 poems by Chloe Ramsden (Janet's niece) (blog)

Marianne Louise Daniels

Fri 28th Aug 2009 01:14

i love this. very medative (is that a word?) last stanza is brilliant. well done.

Comment is about Familiar Environment? (blog)

Original item by Lenford White

Melissa R. Mendelson

Fri 28th Aug 2009 00:58

Thank you, everyone for your comments on this poem.

And I love William Blake's work.

Comment is about Black Birds (blog)

Cathy

Thu 27th Aug 2009 23:39

re Harbour
ahh so do I hope he did/does catch a whale,
lovely poem x

Comment is about Melanie (poet profile)

Original item by Melanie

Janet

Thu 27th Aug 2009 23:26

You know what Beulah? I don't think this needed an explanation as to it's whereabouts.
The imagery for this could be in any major town or city, it is so very familiar everywhere.
I agree it's a good write.

Janet.x

Comment is about Hope Square (blog)

Original item by Beulah

Janet

Thu 27th Aug 2009 23:18

Interesting one this. I studied Joan of Arc for GCSE along with ''To Kill a Mocking Bird.''
Not a dissimilar theme when you think about it in a literal sense.

Janet.x

Comment is about For I Have Sinned. (blog)

Dave Bradley

Thu 27th Aug 2009 22:27

Hi Melissa

I've only just found this by following the trail from the fascinating William Blake discussion. It's hard to keep track of everything. I do like it.

Comment is about Black Birds (blog)

Lenford White

Thu 27th Aug 2009 22:10

Hi Steve, great poem - I know exactly what you mean, which is always a plus in my book. Similarly could understand Langston Hughes, Wonderful poems. As it happens I had heard of langston, but not read anything by him. As it happens I am a Jazz person and like to capture this is some of my poems.

I thought that your But, Butt, Butt poem was interesting. Look on my blog. I wrote a poem about a big woman, on a train. Though from a very different perspective to you, I think. It's called Nintendo DS - Light.

Oh, see full version of My Hands Were Made Strong

Comment is about Touch Love (blog)

Dave Bradley

Thu 27th Aug 2009 22:02

I feel like an intruder here - perhaps the rest of us should let the two of you get on with it - but I did want to say how much I enjoyed the poem. What a cracking idea, well executed.

Comment is about A poem for Isobel (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Isobel

Thu 27th Aug 2009 21:48

Funny, very funny and you know how my mind works. I did go back to the beginning half way through the poem - possibly because I was incredulous - what a shock to see this when I went into Poets Blogs. I do like the poem and the gift. Red is my favourite colour and I love Scarlet Ribbons. I am a total sucker/succour for a man who writes me poetry. You seem like a very very nice man - are you married? (Don't worry - that's just my Dick Emery impersonation - doesn't quite come across on page). I shall reply in kind. x

Comment is about A poem for Isobel (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Isobel

Thu 27th Aug 2009 21:43

You are too cynical Cynthia! This is just fun.

Comment is about Read more and leave comments (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Lenford White

Thu 27th Aug 2009 21:40

Thanks Janet, South Africa was very interesting. What do you think of my latest two?
Lenford x

Comment is about Broken - The Transformers (blog)

Original item by Lenford White

Paul Broadhurst

Thu 27th Aug 2009 19:20

Hi Dominic

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement, I 'm hoping to do a few more open mic nights this year but at present a bit restricted with hospital appointments due to my ticker.
Really enjoyed the 'Inside Out poetry night'
All the best to you and yours

Paul+Mary Broadhurst

Comment is about Dominic Berry (poet profile)

Original item by Dominic Berry

Chris Dawson

Thu 27th Aug 2009 16:54

Hi Dave
Thanks for reading anc commenting on 'Important' - glad you liked it.
No _ I suppose the questions don't come much bigger than why are we here? and does anything matter? but I think I'm coming at them from a different point-of-view to yours. I don't have any religious or spiritual faith or convictions - I don't believe there is any kind of afterlife where we'll receive a reward for being virtuous - I believe this is it! and precisely because this is it ... is why our actions matter. But as you point out - equally - perhaps not. I know which way I prefer to try and conduct myself - but, in the end, I don't think the world notices much!

I, too, loved the Bill Bryson Short History. And although I don't have your spiritual beliefs ..... I do always wonder ......!
:-)
Cx

Comment is about Dave Bradley (poet profile)

Original item by Dave Bradley

maipenrai

Thu 27th Aug 2009 16:42

A good write which I am sure many will identify with.
Bernie

Comment is about Hope Square (blog)

Original item by Beulah

Beulah

Thu 27th Aug 2009 13:57

Hope Square is a 'rectangle' just outside McDonalds on Bishopsgate London, near Liverpool St. Station

Comment is about Hope Square (blog)

Original item by Beulah

maipenrai

Thu 27th Aug 2009 13:04

very good.
Bernie

Comment is about Park (blog)

Original item by Mike Anthony

maipenrai

Thu 27th Aug 2009 13:03

a good hard write.
Bernie

Comment is about Drunken Cunts (blog)

Original item by Mike Anthony

Emily Josephine McPhillips

Thu 27th Aug 2009 12:33

your kind words of encouragement are really uplifting. thank you so much. x

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Rachel Pantechnicon

Thu 27th Aug 2009 11:21

Mr John Hegley is the living proof that there's a thin line between a good rhyme and a bad one. Much of it, I suspect, is in the rendition.

I will let you know next time I am up your way - have read at Manchester, Bolton, Wigan & Preston in the past, and always enjoy it up there. I never know which outfit to wear until I see the venue - it's so important for clothing and atmosphere to coincide. So I am seldom able to travel light.

Anyway, speak soon

Rachel P

Comment is about Sophie Hall (poet profile)

Original item by Sophie Hall

chris stevenson

Thu 27th Aug 2009 10:44

...hello Cynthia...thank you for the comment...in sixty years I've never heard anyone pointing out that 'religion' and 'time' are man-made ideas, and the Earth and universe will carry on perfectly well when man has gone...I just thought it needed saying.....chris.

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Thu 27th Aug 2009 10:19

Ages-old seduction technique. Question being: to what?
Certainly guarantees X number of comments.

Comment is about Read more and leave comments (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

steve mellor

Thu 27th Aug 2009 09:51

Hi Cate
Thanks for commenting.
First of all I couldn't beat your Blog photograph (I'm not sure I phrased that correctly)
Secondly, if I'd put a photo of my bum on the Blog, it may have started a riot
Thirdly, if I'd put a photo of the sort of bum I saw on the bus, I'd have probably got crucified.
Us men just can't win
Steve :-))))

Comment is about Cate (poet profile)

Original item by Cate

Isobel

Thu 27th Aug 2009 09:05

I've mulled this one over some. Think I half agree with Cate - it is human nature to seek happiness in others. Like it or not therefore we all have the potential to be hurt and to hurt. I guess just how much we so depends on how the pain is administered. A really super poem Cynthia. I am not good at discussing structure - just know that it makes us think.

Comment is about Do Not Lay the Burden (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Isobel

Thu 27th Aug 2009 08:55

No - the picture reminds me of Moses parting the waters - definitely someone confronting the elements - if the dress were different I might think of King Lear.

Comment is about Read more and leave comments (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Dave Bradley

Thu 27th Aug 2009 08:29

Hi Cate

Thanks for your comments. Yes it was hard - extremely chewy and odd. Even though I hate waste, the attempt had to be abandoned. To top it all I forgot photos could be posted with blogs. A pic of the sad little object would have made a nice addition

Comment is about Cate (poet profile)

Original item by Cate

Francine

Thu 27th Aug 2009 03:28

You are quite funny...
I have a thing about attitude... and I love yours ; )

p.s. I don't know why, but everytime I see your profile photo it makes me think of Fidel Castro... Isn't that weird?!

Comment is about Read more and leave comments (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Sophie

Thu 27th Aug 2009 01:55

Chris listen to 'The Scheme of Things' by Ty - I think you would really really like it. His words remind me of yours x

Comment is about Chris Jam (poet profile)

Original item by Chris Jam

Marianne Louise Daniels

Thu 27th Aug 2009 01:07

this creased my face in a most delightful manner. what tricksy little devices such poems are.
i love your name!

Comment is about Read more and leave comments (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Wed 26th Aug 2009 23:47

Your comments are always valued and appreciated Cynthia.
Cate xx

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Wed 26th Aug 2009 23:43

Hi Nicky, thanks for your lovely comment on Sunflowers. Yellow is one of my fav colours so I think you made a good choice there!
As to the not liking lilies, I think its the frame of mind I remember them in. Someone dear to me died a few years ago and I can still smell the lilies in the funeral parlour mixed with the unbearable grief.
On the other hand my daughter got married two years ago, and she had the most beautiful long spray of white lilies for her bouquet, so its just a case of the frame of mind I was in when I wrote the poem.
Cate xx

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Wed 26th Aug 2009 23:36

Hi again Dave, thanks for your comment on Sunflowers... a very perceptive comment you put up!
Cate xx

Comment is about Dave Bradley (poet profile)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Wed 26th Aug 2009 23:34

Well written, and great sentiments! Our society places so much emphasis on the young and the beautiful.....if more women read and believed in this then less would feel the necessity to go under the knife!!
Cate

Comment is about in celebration of older women (blog)

Original item by Lydia

Wed 26th Aug 2009 23:28

I get the sense of everything coming full circle here Carole. Beautifully written.
Cate xx

Comment is about Rowan tree (blog)

Wed 26th Aug 2009 23:21

Te he he,,,,, glad to be an inspiration to you Steve BUT I see youve no butt picture in yours!!!!!!
Cate xx

Comment is about But Butt Buttt (blog)

Wed 26th Aug 2009 23:18

"Sometimes, I feel him
on the breeze" what a lovely and poignant line.
This is beautiful, but very sad.
Cate xx

Comment is about Lilley (blog)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Wed 26th Aug 2009 23:15

Yes I like this too Nicky. Not sure how many of us will be remembered when we`re dead for our poetry though!!
Cate xx

Comment is about Write Out Loud! (blog)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Wed 26th Aug 2009 23:09

ooooooorr shame!!
Cate xx

Comment is about Envelopes (blog)

Original item by mole the poet

Wed 26th Aug 2009 23:00

Someone once said this same thing to me before hurting me deeply. It`s easy to say we are not resposible for the happiness of others but in essence, really, we are. We may not want that resposibility, but it comes with the territory of being human.
A very clever and thought provoking gem Cynthia.
Cate xx

Comment is about Do Not Lay the Burden (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Wed 26th Aug 2009 22:46

Well thank you for inviting me into your poem....I will certainly discuss and ponder over it!!!!!!
Cate xx

Comment is about Read more and leave comments (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Isobel

Wed 26th Aug 2009 22:38

I doubt they have ever been in a poem before Alvin - but it sounds like a lot of fun and I am sure that they may well discuss it with family and friends - with lovers maybe not...

Comment is about Read more and leave comments (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Isobel

Wed 26th Aug 2009 22:34

Very funny and I love Paul's response. Can you put me in your new poem now?

Comment is about Who I write poetry for (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

◄ Prev123 … 211 … 422 … 633 … 844 … 1055 … 1266 … 1477 … 1688 … 18971898189919001901 … 210521062107Next ►