Andy N

Fri 26th Sep 2014 12:38

like a good rant like this myself sometimes. top stuff natalie

Comment is about I Am Angry (blog)

Andy N

Fri 26th Sep 2014 12:37

i like the shortness of this preeti. says a lot in a few words. lovely..

Comment is about Drawn to you (blog)

Andy N

Fri 26th Sep 2014 12:37

good to see you blogging again, gus.

loved this as i expected when i opened the page up.

hope you are good

andy

Comment is about In The Time It Takes (blog)

Original item by Gus Jonsson

Andy N

Fri 26th Sep 2014 12:35

lovely drawing.. was half expecting a poem to give with it however must admit.

Comment is about Drawing (blog)

Original item by vincent berquez

Fri 26th Sep 2014 09:08

Hello Graeme,

Welcome to Write Out Loud, we hope you have a good time exploring the site. We're really looking forward to reading some of your work and I know that you’ll get a warm welcome from the other WOL-ers too.

It would be great if you could upload a picture of yourself, it’s really good to see what our fellow poets look like.

Have a good browse around, there’s work here on virtually any subject and there’s always lots going on. If you have the time to make some comments about the work of other poets please feel free to do so, it’s often the best way to get some constructive feedback about your own work too.

If you experience any technical problems there’s usually somebody who’ll help you out so just ask and someone will get back to you reasonably swiftly.

WOL is a friendly, creative and unassuming place, so welcome from all of us once again.

Graham @ the Write Out Loud Team.

Comment is about Graeme (poet profile)

Original item by Graeme

Fri 26th Sep 2014 09:07

Hello Goodwill,

Thanks for uploading a picture of yourself, it’s really good to see what our fellow poets look like.

Graham @ the Write Out Loud Team.

Comment is about Goodwill (poet profile)

Original item by Goodwill

rian

Fri 26th Sep 2014 05:36

wow, that's just amazing

Comment is about Pissing Against The Wind (blog)

Original item by Noetic-fret!

Preeti Sinha

Fri 26th Sep 2014 03:37

And your anger's justified :0

Comment is about I Am Angry (blog)

Thu 25th Sep 2014 22:14

Hello Hunter

Graham @ the Write Out Loud Team.

Comment is about Hunter (poet profile)

Original item by Hunter

David Cooke

Thu 25th Sep 2014 19:45

No way, Dylan. I was flattered!

Comment is about Daniel Dwyran (poet profile)

Original item by Daniel Dwyran

Ged the Poet

Thu 25th Sep 2014 19:21

David.
I hope that I have not offended you in my comments relating to Jim Morrison and the Doors. I know of the cemetery and it's many famous people who are interned there and your love of music. I meant what I said. I found this piece most elequent and superb.

Comment is about In Père Lachaise Cemetery (blog)

Original item by David Cooke

David Cooke

Thu 25th Sep 2014 17:57

Yes, Greg, don't think I didn't toy with bringing that track by the Doors into it. I also wanted to include 'selfies' (but that will have to be for another poem)and the fact that when I offered to pass me 'handy plan' on to a young Fench couple when we were on the way out they said 'That's OK. We know this place by heart! There must be a moral there. Still, there's only so much you can squeeze into one poem and it's a bit long as it is!

Comment is about Greg Freeman (poet profile)

Greg Freeman

Thu 25th Sep 2014 16:51

The End, indeed. A memorable poetic guide to one cemetery's celebrities. Then there's the churchyard just outside Dorchester, where Thomas Hardy's heart is buried; very popular with Japanese tourists.

Comment is about In Père Lachaise Cemetery (blog)

Original item by David Cooke

Preeti Sinha

Thu 25th Sep 2014 16:50

Tommy, thats how I am.
Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Comment is about Drawn to you (blog)

Thu 25th Sep 2014 16:20

Preeti, you do 'blow hot and cold' with your postings, are there no 'temperate' readings in your work? Tommy

Comment is about Drawn to you (blog)

Travis Brow

Thu 25th Sep 2014 15:33

You're right on the money Natalie - that's exactly what i was thinking, but then i started thinking it seemed a little dismissive. Still, as you and Dom think the title's good enough, i'll leave it as it is. Thank you both for your responses.

Comment is about SHELVED. (blog)

Preeti Sinha

Thu 25th Sep 2014 15:29

Exquisite!

Comment is about Life house (blog)

Dominic James

Thu 25th Sep 2014 14:12

I think shelved is okay. It has meanings within meanings...as Natalie points out. Don't make me rack my brain!

Comment is about SHELVED. (blog)

Andy N

Thu 25th Sep 2014 12:55

missed that in the pm i sent the other day, but thanks Nigel for posting her email address.

I have actually just wrote Boat Story II (which i will read out next month) so will get all three of my poetry over to her asap

Comment is about Stockport WoL (group profile)

Original item by Stockport WoL

Travis Brow

Thu 25th Sep 2014 12:21

Thanks Daniel, adequate rather than perfect i would say - speaking for myself and of my own output, there's almost always room for improvement.
Have you gigged lately?

Comment is about SHELVED. (blog)

Ged the Poet

Thu 25th Sep 2014 12:03

Another snapshot offering a window of imagination to the reader and a want for more of the story. Your work is very deep Tommy and I like it very much. The photographs also enhance your writing. I see the reflection of the light above the tree line on a cold rainy day from the train window as a beacon of hope. There is a light that will never go out. (I hope you know what I mean without sounding soft).
Nice one Tommy.

Comment is about Train window (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Ged the Poet

Thu 25th Sep 2014 11:55

M.C. Thank you for your very kind and articulate words on 'The Local Parkie'. I am so glad someone saw the analogy of the innermost anger in queuing up by the abandoned Dunkirk veterans. (I know they would have rather been in the queue than trying to hold of the might of the Wehrmacht as the Kings Royal Rifle Corps and the Rifle Brigade had to do).
The Parkies' were always firm but fair and in those days knowing right from wrong was the 'norm'.
Thank you.

Comment is about M.C. Newberry (poet profile)

Original item by M.C. Newberry

Thu 25th Sep 2014 11:47

Kassandra you don't need the end of the world to 'slurp all night long'. ;) Tommy

Comment is about If The World Was Going To End (blog)

Original item by Kassandra Morris

Ged the Poet

Thu 25th Sep 2014 11:38

This is more than fine Andy. It is absolutely perfect. Shelved is spot on for me... but I would never suggest changing perfection.

Comment is about SHELVED. (blog)

Ged the Poet

Thu 25th Sep 2014 11:30

'Forever is only for today
And tomorrows black
is just a paler shade of grey'
It is still amazing how the forces of nature can influence the mood of the human mind.
The autumnal equinox and Goretex have a lot to answer for Martin.

Comment is about It's raining (blog)

Original item by Martin Elder

Ged the Poet

Thu 25th Sep 2014 11:25

A wonderful piece of work that could open "Doors" and "lights my (poetical)fire". A most elequent work where even Marcel Marceau could work in the most silence of silences. Absolutely suberb David.... and i must play some Chopin after this.

Comment is about In Père Lachaise Cemetery (blog)

Original item by David Cooke

Thu 25th Sep 2014 11:19

gloomily good!xx

Comment is about Life house (blog)

<Deleted User> (5592)

Thu 25th Sep 2014 08:59

Greg,

A fine write-up of a great show. Do recommend anyone visiting the South Bank goes to see it, (it's on the same level, in RFH as the riverside walkway).

Comment is about Lights on: Koestler Trust puts poetry and artworks from prisoners on show (article)

Travis Brow

Thu 25th Sep 2014 06:44

Thank you Dom, thank you Natalie, thank you M.C. I've been inadvertently clocking borrowed books on my shelves for years but it's odd the way one glance leads to a poem, when a hundred others never did.
I was thinking of changing the title to Chapters, as in 'periods of a life'. I'd appreciate your views.
Thanks again, your comments are most heartening.

Comment is about SHELVED. (blog)

Preeti Sinha

Thu 25th Sep 2014 03:51

Sure

Comment is about Desperate (blog)

Kassandra

Wed 24th Sep 2014 20:54

Thank guys!

Comment is about Silence (blog)

Original item by Kassandra Morris

haridas7499

Wed 24th Sep 2014 20:54

wow grt linda at first i didn't got the rythem when i gone through the comments i got it for each word i created a facial expression and there i feel d wow grt yar. good concept i will also try one like this...very nice linda .......

Comment is about Food Banks Are Bad (blog)

Original item by Linda Cosgriff

Kassandra

Wed 24th Sep 2014 20:52

Thanks guys!

Comment is about Flame (blog)

Original item by Kassandra Morris

haridas7499

Wed 24th Sep 2014 20:37

the way u compared i liked it. me to do like this that's y oo and that moon was sweet any way u write good ......hari das

Comment is about Silence (blog)

Original item by Kassandra Morris

haridas7499

Wed 24th Sep 2014 20:31

hmmm nice work fried heart hahaha

Comment is about Flame (blog)

Original item by Kassandra Morris

Wed 24th Sep 2014 19:26

A fine example of "less is more".
Expertly constructed, it leaves the mind dwelling
on the unusual way it uses human contact in a
literary analogy.

Comment is about SHELVED. (blog)

Wed 24th Sep 2014 19:08

...I'll get my coat.

Comment is about Desperate (blog)

Wed 24th Sep 2014 19:08

Hello Christopher,

Graham @ the Write Out Loud Team.

Comment is about Christopher Moriarty (poet profile)

Original item by Christopher Moriarty

Wed 24th Sep 2014 16:41

I like it. The thistle and the thorn of the
wider historical antipathy set against the
more personal evocation of the individual
attributes that emphasise what links our two lands and their human qualities to common advantage.

Comment is about 'A thistle can draw blood': Carol Ann Duffy on the Scottish independence verdict (article)

Wed 24th Sep 2014 16:16

A delightful little tribute to the legions who
kept society in a better state than now.
I particularly like the analogy of the terror of
waiting for rescue under fire at Dunkirk with
queuing making the older man narky.

Comment is about THE LOCAL PARKIE (blog)

Original item by Daniel Dwyran

Isobel

Wed 24th Sep 2014 15:09

I'd agree with Steve - poetry that can do that is rather special - it's kind of reaffirming - now point me and mine in the direction of that dungeon! ;

Comment is about Eastnor Castle Easter Monday (blog)

Original item by Ray Miller

Isobel

Wed 24th Sep 2014 15:01

Mmmm - the more I read it, the more I like it. I think some poems are like that. On first reading they can be very easy to discount as 'too easy' or having no value.

Now I'm struck by the pathos and the poignancy of the last few lines. The gift of giving flowers from bloodied hands. We can both hurt each other - but there is still love in the mix.

Dominic James

Wed 24th Sep 2014 14:52

Good work Andy, Laura's reaction same as mine of course: part of the process. It's all there.

Comment is about SHELVED. (blog)

Dominic James

Wed 24th Sep 2014 14:46

I am reminded of the Red Rose and the Briar, which is a beautiful figure, but this, bloody border? It has sense though, it sounds okay, quite good. ach.

Preeti Sinha

Wed 24th Sep 2014 10:56

Thanks Steve

Comment is about Desperate (blog)

Travis Brow

Wed 24th Sep 2014 10:37

Thank you Laura, thank you Steve,most kind. I'll endeavour to get them back to you asap Laura...

Comment is about SHELVED. (blog)

Laura Taylor

Wed 24th Sep 2014 09:18

As said on FB - this gave me proper shivers!! When I looked initially at this photo, I couldn't think of anything. It's always a wonder what other people can pull out of their imaginations. Love how you've turned it into a living thing, and a tremendously scary living thing at that!

Great poem.

Comment is about kraken (blog)

Original item by Ian Whiteley

Laura Taylor

Wed 24th Sep 2014 09:10

Oh - so it's YOU that's got all those books I can't find then! ;)

I love this little poem. A huge amount said in so few words.

Comment is about SHELVED. (blog)

Isobel

Tue 23rd Sep 2014 21:51

I've probably said it before, but I'll say it again. I love the way you make an art form out of misery - whether you intend it so or not, I don't know, but I do find your work entertaining.

Comment is about Deadpan voices from beyond the grave. (blog)

Original item by Phil Fletcher

Isobel

Tue 23rd Sep 2014 21:47

I think you'd find that CAD gets more than a barrel of sherry each year for being poet laureate, Philip. She makes a total killing for attending functions, is guaranteed to sell lots of books - and I've heard she can be quite a diva!

Sympathy on your computer problems - similar things have happened to me and it's infuriating!

Comment is about Deadpan voices from beyond the grave. (blog)

Original item by Phil Fletcher

◄ Prev123 … 241 … 482 … 723 … 964 … 10531054105510561057 … 1205 … 1446 … 1687 … 1928 … 2169 … 240424052406Next ►