Things of great importance after sudden unexpected death
The thing about the dead is that they don’t care,
but some things you will need to know if a mate ever gets blown to shit, are:
- Volunteer to pack up his kit.
- Get to his room before anyone else.
- Lock the door.
- Meticulously go through all issued kit and all personal items.
- Attention should be paid to all communication devices, if you have access delete everything not related to family.
- If you don’t have access to hard drives etc, consider destroying them or keeping them until you can get access.
- Destroy any adult reading material and/or any unpleasant articles so related.
- Begin packing.
- Treat all property with the appropriate respect, fold all clothes neatly. Any unclean clothes should be immediately laundered and packed once clean.
- Remember the next person to open the box will be a loved one.
- If the deceased was a religious person, find or acquire his book of belief and place it as the last article on top of his other belongings.
- If there is a photograph of him place it face up on top of all other items.
Having completed this task, take yourself to a quiet place and collect your emotions. Shake, cry, curse God or the deceased’s God if you don't have one.
Consider indulging in violence with colleagues.
That evening proceed to get more drunk than you ever have.
Laugh and joke about the entire episode in the hope that it will go away.
Take revenge on anyone who seems remotely connected to those responsible for his death.
Finally, wait between 10-15 years to realise that you may not have been quite so tuff as you thought you were, proceed to self medicate if required.
Hope that someone saves you.