Georgina Knowles

Mon 16th Aug 2010 21:00

thank you, i prefer your interpretation actually. it's about the heart-losing/regaining its colour and strength xx

Comment is about Blue Turning Grey. (blog)

Isobel

Mon 16th Aug 2010 19:28

And I at yours, you minx. You are part of the gold plated fixtures and fittings of the WOL I love - you brighten my day. Thanks x

Comment is about Banksy (Poet profile)

Original item by Banksy

Banksy

Mon 16th Aug 2010 18:36

I worship at the altar - you've got CLASS written through you like a stick of rock ;)

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Sophie

Mon 16th Aug 2010 18:30

The 9th sounds gooood,
You did really well! You may well have beaten me ; )
I'll see you soon, keep at it! X X

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Isobel

Mon 16th Aug 2010 17:09

Aww thanks for that Sophie. Was really sorry we never got chance to chat. I was on such a high that night and there were so many people there. I was sorry you didn't get to read more - had you been drawn against me first round you might well have. You should try to make one of the regular Tudor nights - there's one on 9th September. It would be good to see you again - and next time I probably won't be with my entire family LOL xx

Comment is about Sophie Hall (Poet profile)

Original item by Sophie Hall

Isobel

Mon 16th Aug 2010 17:04

I've read this a couple of times. Is the analogy to do with new born's taking their first breath? But I'm presuming the poem is about what love does to you - being made vulnerable, exposed, powerless...
An original take on the subject - I like it. x

Comment is about Blue Turning Grey. (blog)

Isobel

Mon 16th Aug 2010 17:00

Thursday 9th September is the next Tudor and you simply must be there - you'd love it! There is always a great atmosphere and loads of poets. Hope your voice is better. I never lose mine - though a few may wish it on me - ha ha. xx

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Isobel

Mon 16th Aug 2010 16:54

No-body was pulling it Banksy. It was for sale in a shop called Gee Tees in Pemberton, Wigan. It was bright and shiny and very eye catching - retailing at £12.99 if you are interested...
I've a good mind to borrow someone's digital camera and take a picture of it. It could be my next profile piccie - very capacious, I might add...

Comment is about Banksy (Poet profile)

Original item by Banksy

Sophie

Mon 16th Aug 2010 16:54

You have a great poetry voice, Isobel.
Sorry I didnt get a chance to say hi at the slam last week x (YOU WERE ACE)

Comment is about La Vie en Rouge (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Georgina Knowles

Mon 16th Aug 2010 15:51

really beautiful, well done xx.

Comment is about PIERCE (blog)

Original item by owen calvert

Greg Freeman

Mon 16th Aug 2010 14:54

This is a belter, Ann. You've captured that melancholy moment when the swallows leave - and so much more, of course. I'm just back from a hol on the Northumberland coast, where the house martins were getting in a frenzy, ready to depart

Comment is about leavetaking (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Georgina Knowles

Mon 16th Aug 2010 14:24

thank you, i'm made up you all liked it xx

Comment is about Now. (blog)

Georgina Knowles

Mon 16th Aug 2010 14:23

nice to meet you too, of all places on a barge, when i've lost my voice. just noticed the little red crosses you mentioned ha. hope you had fun, when's the poetry nights at the tudor again? xx

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

andy n

Mon 16th Aug 2010 13:27

some hard hitting lines here, owen.. really enjoyed this in particular a very strong ending.. good one

Comment is about barbed (blog)

Original item by owen calvert

Banksy

Mon 16th Aug 2010 13:27

Come to think of it, I can picture Dale Winton with one.

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Banksy

Mon 16th Aug 2010 13:25

"A pillar box red pvc shopping trolley"
Ha! - I bet she thought she looked "the mutts nuts" - (please tell me it WAS a woman)- I've actually seen blokes with those trollies before now, but red PVC!!

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Banksy

Mon 16th Aug 2010 12:06

thanks Cindy ;)

Comment is about Cakes & Kalashnikovs (blog)

Original item by Banksy

Isobel

Mon 16th Aug 2010 11:31

Just thought I'd let you know that I saw something that reminded me of you the other day. A pillar box red pvc shopping trolley. I imagined it trundling its way down Gropecuntelane. It must be for all those trendy OAPs out there -I'll just have to get one! x

Comment is about Banksy (Poet profile)

Original item by Banksy

andy n

Mon 16th Aug 2010 08:28

good stuff, cynthia.. i like the brief nature off it - excellent!

Comment is about To Hell in a Hand Basket (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Lynn Dye

Sun 15th Aug 2010 19:24

Really enjoyed this poem, Mike. Excellent stuff.

Comment is about This is not a love poem (blog)

Original item by mike watts

stefan wilde

Sun 15th Aug 2010 09:53

Er..scuse me! when I was seventeen..it was a very good year...it was a very good year for keeping away from naughty girls like.....!!...thanks to both gorgeous girls-Stef-xx

Comment is about ah,well! (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

stefan wilde

Sun 15th Aug 2010 09:45

Mornin Mike-brilliant poem! best regards-Stef.

Comment is about This is not a love poem (blog)

Original item by mike watts

stefan wilde

Sun 15th Aug 2010 09:37

Good morning beautiful early bird-I put a comment on this lovely poem yesterday-mmm? it was to say,I really love the flow of this poem-you must have worked hard on it-and thank you!-Stef-xx(G-xx)

Comment is about THE CHAT OF TWO WOMEN (blog)

Original item by Larisa Rzhepishevska

Larisa Rzhepishevska

Sun 15th Aug 2010 06:18

Very interesting thoughts, nice poem, I like it.

Comment is about ah,well! (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Dave Dunn aka Rhumour

Sat 14th Aug 2010 23:52

Hi Larisa, I saw your query, but as you didn't seem to be logged in here I've emailed a reply to you :)

Best wishes, Dave

Comment is about Larisa Rzhepishevska (Poet profile)

Original item by Larisa Rzhepishevska

stefan wilde

Sat 14th Aug 2010 22:37

Hi Ray-grateful for your help with'Blinded'-cheers-Stefan.

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Dave Bradley

Sat 14th Aug 2010 21:48

Powerful Ann - some very strong images, very evocative.

Comment is about iron lung (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Larisa Rzhepishevska

Sat 14th Aug 2010 21:26

Hi, Dave! Please, help! I am not sure what is correct: "And her life was a real tough" or " And her life was really a tough" or "Her life was real tough". Which one is correct or better?
With warmest wishes, Larisa

Comment is about Dave Dunn (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Dunn

Ann Foxglove

Sat 14th Aug 2010 18:38

Oooh! But thank you for the kind wowsers comment! xx

Comment is about iron lung (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Ann Foxglove

Sat 14th Aug 2010 18:24

I was thinking about the germs being fresh and running around, all squiggling about! My first term at infants school was delayed by about 6 months cos the school was closed due to a local outbreak of polio. So, polio = fresh as in live, active and 'orrible!

Comment is about iron lung (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Ann Foxglove

Sat 14th Aug 2010 16:24

Seem to be laying a few ghosts lately - and facing a few fears. Inspired to post this as a response to Dave Bradley's latest poem. Not sure mine is finished - it's a bit complicated maybe!

Comment is about iron lung (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Ann Foxglove

Sat 14th Aug 2010 15:28

Thank you Cynthia for your very kind comment on "No Matter" - I was afraid it might be too maudlin! Maybe I need a maudlinometer! Or maybe I don't!! xx

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (Poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Ann Foxglove

Sat 14th Aug 2010 15:27

Thank you Cynthia - I was afraid it might be maudlin! Maybe I need a maudlinometer! Or maybe I don't!!

Comment is about no matter (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Paul F Blackburn

Sat 14th Aug 2010 12:58

Thank you Cynthia for your very flattering comments on my wonderful poem.

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (Poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Sat 14th Aug 2010 11:56

This is lovely, Ann, a gem of lyrical lines and musical cadence, a universal lament without being maudlin.

Comment is about no matter (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Sat 14th Aug 2010 11:38

You don't prick a social point, you sledge hammer it. Very vital commentary in an amusing way, although the last two words are not so funny as deadly.

Comment is about Cakes & Kalashnikovs (blog)

Original item by Banksy

Dave Carr

Sat 14th Aug 2010 07:25

If this is true (or even if it isn't) you picked the wrong person.
It might have been a different poem if, for example, the man had sung happy birthday to you or offered to share his KitKat.
Anyway - Happy Birthday!

Comment is about Why I don't write greeting cards (blog)

Original item by Alison Smiles

Dave Carr

Sat 14th Aug 2010 07:21

Very clever.
I agree with Ray about the last verse.
(I do like things like this)
If anything I would say the last line in verse 1 is too short.
Perhaps 'But not give in meekly to anxiety.'
Thanks for comments on my poems by the way.

Comment is about If you can ... (blog)

Original item by Alison Smiles

Ann Foxglove

Sat 14th Aug 2010 06:51

Thanks Stef - that's very kind of you to say! xx

Comment is about no matter (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

DG

Fri 13th Aug 2010 21:04

The ivory tower (and the word outside, and indeed the title) all refer to not really feeling like I'm fully part of the society I live in. Over the years, I have felt a bit isolated and socially excluded on occasions but its also (as indicated by the word acerbic) that I'm a bit defensive and wary and not wanting to get too involved with people.

Over the top of that, there's criticism of the modern hangover from the class system in the psyche of the populace(especially amongst the fairly well off) in that people seem to feel that they either have to know their place and act accordingly to get on, or to feel they never will get on and rebel totally against that in the expectation that they never will get on in life and they may as well just lash out.

There is also the idea in there that people sort of limit themselves by looking back on things always being done a certain way by peoples who preceded them down the ages and revering "traditions" as rules that should be continued and obeyed rather than as stuff that primitive people did just because primitive people were a bunch of eegits (which primitive people mostly were).

The ending just illustrates the idea that while some primitive people may have towed the line out of a genuine (and idiotic) love, respect and reverence to their leader and others towed the line for the protection, status and wealth that they were given in return, aristocrats and monarchs and anyone else who wants to set/control the rules that other people are made to feel they have to play along with were (and are) only ever really out for themselves.This applies not just in Government, but also in everyday social politics.So yeah, just thought I'd write a poem about that but I tend to be oblique because, at the end of the day, it's a poem, not an academic discourse.

Comment is about Spectating (blog)

Original item by Dermot Glennon

Banksy

Fri 13th Aug 2010 16:54

thanks Winston

Comment is about Arse Gratia Artist (blog)

Original item by Banksy

Paul F Blackburn

Fri 13th Aug 2010 16:16

Ah yes this is one of the anomic pieces from the relativistic, absurdist Glennon period and is a poem that will be on the 2030 A-level syllabus. Discuss.

Comment is about Spectating (blog)

Original item by Dermot Glennon

Augusta Darling

Fri 13th Aug 2010 16:01

Thank you so much Anne for those wonder words and observation I had hoped that the wisful lonely feeling had been strong enough to register.

I note that you are still writing as enthusiastically as ever ,

Long may it continue.

Once more, many thanks.

Augusta xx

Comment is about Ann Foxglove (Poet profile)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Augusta Darling

Fri 13th Aug 2010 15:56

Thank you Rosalind for your very kind thoughts and wonderful comments I look forward to reading more of your poetry.

I am delighted that my poetry gives you goose bumps but I'm sure there are many other pleasures that produce that state of 'Tingle' dare I say even long stiffer goose bumps!!

Once again many thanks

Yours in pleasure.

Augusta xx

Comment is about Rosalind (Poet profile)

Original item by Rosalind

Augusta Darling

Fri 13th Aug 2010 15:49

Thank you so much Ladies for your very, very gracious comments they are so appreciated.

Thank you once again.

Augusta x

Comment is about Lost (blog)

Original item by Augusta Darling

Paul F Blackburn

Fri 13th Aug 2010 15:25

Thanks for your comments on my wonderful poem 'Window box'.

Though I can assure you it is not a cut-up (wash yer mouth out) though I suppose it is a bit 'miserablist' school of poetry.

Comment is about John Darwin (Poet profile)

Original item by John Darwin

Peter R White

Fri 13th Aug 2010 15:13

A lip-smacking little poem. Very tasty.

Comment is about The Oyster and The Whelk (blog)

Original item by Dave Carr

Banksy

Fri 13th Aug 2010 13:13

Hi - Ol Blue Eyes - I must admit that before I wrote it, I had to look up the spelling. Apparently, Sindy was the UK's answer to the US Barbie doll, so even though Cindy is a "real" US name, over here the new doll was called Sindy. all the best B.

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (Poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Joseph Kennedy

Fri 13th Aug 2010 10:14

Thank you very much Ann, I haven't posted anything in quite a while. I've been writing reviews and articles of a different nature, and just haven't had time for poetry. It feels nice to get something off my chest in a poem though. Hope you are well x

Comment is about Finally seeing (blog)

Original item by Joseph Kennedy

Paul F Blackburn

Fri 13th Aug 2010 09:51

Thanks for your comment on 'window box' and yes, thank goodness no gnomes or I'd have to blow them to pieces which is a very dangerous thing to do, or so I'm told.

Comment is about Ann Foxglove (Poet profile)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 150 300 450 600 750 900 991 992 993 994 995 1050 1200 1350 1498 1499 1500 Next -->