Yvonne Brunton

Mon 9th Apr 2012 14:13

Quite powerful, Steve. The pathos is palpable. The carrot of hope and the reality of the dogshit. Sets one thinking.Well done.

Comment is about 13th Floor (blog)

Original item by steve pottinger

Yvonne Brunton

Mon 9th Apr 2012 14:04

Ah so sad, Nick. Is this a reflection of our modern times where it's difficult to establish relationships but we need to keep up apprearances?
I like this. XX

Comment is about Dinner Date (blog)

Original item by Nick Clifton

Mon 9th Apr 2012 13:23

not the longest 'count-er-ry' in forced rhyme. Still, I like it a lot and sincerely hope this sparks those long-winded pompous types to come out of the woodwork and share hackneyed, clinches with us mere mortal public. thanks Lynn the most enjoyable five or six seconds I've had in fve or six seconds. Ta muchly, Nick.
congratulations to a 9 year old Hannah. (that's right, start 'em early)

Comment is about Double Dealings (blog)

Original item by Lynn Dye

Danny Metcalfe.

Mon 9th Apr 2012 13:23

Thank you, Yvonne for your comments. It's very rare people stick up for me when it comes to animal rights. And I did not take offence. It was much appreciated.

Comment is about Yvonne Brunton (Poet profile)

Original item by Yvonne Brunton

Mon 9th Apr 2012 13:17

strong prose indeed sir, well stacked with love, longing, and return from absence. change at Ealing Broadway and catch the bus, it's a bit quicker, Ta muchly, Nick.

Comment is about Letter. (blog)

Original item by Danny Metcalfe

Mon 9th Apr 2012 13:13

i see you're deeply 'troubled' Steve, doppleganger or schizophrenic came to mind as i (alone) went through it but both of you didn't want to go there then! 'Superfacial' does that mean, under the face or extremely handsome? Answers on a postcard to: ...
ta muchly, Nick.

Comment is about Superfacial (blog)

Original item by steve mellor

Mon 9th Apr 2012 13:03

okay Ogden Dawson, you're let-off, this time. i love my mother-in-law, it's just her daughter i can't stand, ta muchly, Nick.

Comment is about Suspicions confirmed (blog)

Original item by Christopher Dawson

Mon 9th Apr 2012 13:01

high sentiments, indeed the UN should be honoured to wear this upon their walls. good stuff, ta muchly, Nick.

Comment is about COMPASSION (blog)

Yvonne Brunton

Mon 9th Apr 2012 12:58

I can feel the intensity of the emotion in this. I like the conflict of 'we are running in the opposite directions' - a despair instantly resolved by the second half of the line. There is nothing maudlin about this piece.

PS
on a different tack the cynic in me looks at the same line and says to itself "You could call this 'Love On The Circle Line'."
Don't take offence, my mind has a mind of its own sometimes. XX

Comment is about Letter. (blog)

Original item by Danny Metcalfe

Mon 9th Apr 2012 12:53

3 quatrain and 1 couplet, hum! does this qualify as a sonnet? if so, from which school?
great stuff, as usual, TT, what's this about adding a 14th letter to your name? ta muchly, NIck.

Comment is about Examination (blog)

Original item by Thomas Thurman

Yvonne Brunton

Mon 9th Apr 2012 12:42

Oh Yes, if we truly loved all the animals of the earth we would not farm any to eat. We would not husband them for our gain. Nor would we interfere in their lives and their suffering at the hands of nature, nor seek to heal their ailments and use science to create medicines for them.
I agree that vivisection on animals who have done us no harm is bad - my chosen 'animals would be human prisoners convicted unequivocably of serious crimes.

Comment is about Dance of graved hunger. (blog)

Original item by Danny Metcalfe

Mon 9th Apr 2012 12:26

manking this more in-depth, with more detail, could bring it home and hit harder. I like what you're doing but i feel that with a subject such as this, the message must be rammed in as hard as the 'blades of a knife' ta muchly, Nick.

Comment is about Kids With Drugs (blog)

Original item by Shirley Smothers

Yvonne Brunton

Mon 9th Apr 2012 12:22

wonderful stuff - mind you, you've ruined Lola for me now as I'll always sing your words instead. Thanks for the entertainment, John, more please. XX

Comment is about Gorgonzola (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

oldlancsman

Mon 9th Apr 2012 12:22

Hi Yvonne, What a nice little poem,very refreshing to read,thankyou for your comment.
From one surviver to another,,have a nice day.

Comment is about A SNIPPET FROM OLDLANCSMAN (blog)

Original item by oldlancsman

Yvonne Brunton

Mon 9th Apr 2012 12:14

we all need a private place to retire to/hide in at some time or other. 8 or 80 years old this captures that feeling.Well done.

Comment is about tent (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Andy

Mon 9th Apr 2012 12:14

Thanks for the tip Ann.

Comment is about The Great Outdoors (blog)

Andy

Mon 9th Apr 2012 12:13

Thank you for your observations and comments, i appreciate the feedback.

Alan, I read some Eliot some years ago but not the Four Quartets I'll take a look now though.

Ann, the image you mention of the footsteps leading in opposite directions is a lovely idea. I'll check it out if you've posted it.

Thank you John, i do strive to make my poems seem as unforced as possible which sometimes means months spent knocking them into shape. My problem is i can never leave anything alone and always go back to poems and tweek them; obsessive i know, but for some reason it's very important to me. Thanks again, comments like yours, and others, make me happy.

Andy, thanks for commenting and please do come to a Mouthin' Off gig. The next one's on Sunday May 6th. If you ever want an open-mic slot please let me know.

Comment is about Solitude Gets Lonely (blog)

Mon 9th Apr 2012 12:12

delightful, wonderful, should easily take the nonsense prize. well done for such magical innocence. ta muchly Nick.

Comment is about Kushagarnie (blog)

Original item by Yvonne Brunton

Mon 9th Apr 2012 12:06

the power of the pen never ceases to amaze. don't know who said that but i do know who write this smashing rhymical sinusoidal enjoyabubble page above. for that i thank you, ta muchly, NIck.

Comment is about Solitude Gets Lonely (blog)

Mon 9th Apr 2012 11:58

the dynamic form you used has kept this good work at a high level of constant enjoyment. Per ardua ad astra - possibly! ta muchly, NIck.

Comment is about ANY POET`S ANSWER TO THE ASTROPHISICISTS (blog)

steve pottinger

Mon 9th Apr 2012 11:55

Thanks Ann & Mark! Glad you enjoyed the poem....

Comment is about steve pottinger (Poet profile)

Original item by steve pottinger

Mon 9th Apr 2012 11:47

Just a nibble please, he spoke with ease, ta muchly, Nick.

Comment is about Gorgonzola (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Mon 9th Apr 2012 11:44

if these are the drafts i can't wait for the more considered version. i like this a great deal. chow for now, Nick.

Comment is about The Whisper of Miss El (blog)

Original item by Alanna Rice

Mon 9th Apr 2012 11:40

third stanza, second line, does it stumble or is that me. otherwise a fine performance particularly verse one - goodly stuff, chow for now, Nick.

Comment is about RENEWAL - some thoughts at Easter (blog)

Original item by M.C. Newberry

Mon 9th Apr 2012 11:37

Six of the best - does that bring back memories? yessir, half a dozen that conjure up so much from the cobweb areas back there! tanks MC nice one, chow for now, Nick.

Comment is about BROTHERS (blog)

Original item by M.C. Newberry

Mon 9th Apr 2012 11:29

hi the rhyme scheme wanders a bit to create a slightly different form but the whole does seem to run reasonably. Your author's note is of interest too. ta muchly, Nick.

Comment is about A different sort of poem..... (blog)

Original item by Mike Smith

Lynn Dye

Mon 9th Apr 2012 11:21

Cheers, MC, thanks a lot.

Comment is about World War II by Hannah (My 9 year old granddaughter is published!) (blog)

Original item by Lynn Dye

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:55

reverence is proper and resectful. where's the wake, i could do with a descent pint. lots of deepness in this, sincerely yours Mr Synical.

Comment is about Sea widow (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:52

no transfussion required for this one. rather deeply tasty morsel if i may say so. I did, so i will. ta muchly, Nick.

Comment is about A love like blood (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:50

don't rain on parade! Clouds is good fings wot brings water to the hosepipes of cracked gardens. ta muchly loved it really, Nick.

Comment is about Hoping for an endless count (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:48

Why use one word when ten will do. A great sunset. ta muchly, Nick.

Comment is about To the sound of bee's going home (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:42

It does one good to get a darn good winge off the chest. what's wrong with what you see? Reality is not always as pretty as the cordial words you have used to describe it. 'Shinning countenances' is the speck of, dare I say, hope for your vagabonds of humanity. Lucky we live in a 'rich' country, don't you think? What a wonderful rant. Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner but I've been away. White coats, small van - you know!! Ta everso for sharing really excellent obs of the 'not so good' side of us. Ta muchly lorryloads, Nick.

Comment is about By horizons divided (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

andy n

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:36

thanks win for the comment over the 30 poems thing.. so far - it's proven fairly straight-forward although some are better than others which i guess is to be expected.. if i can get maybe 6 or 7 which are workable into something better from it - i'll be happy.

see how i go of course

andy

Comment is about Winston Plowes (Poet profile)

Original item by Winston Plowes

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:31

I've got a key - but someone is watching the 'self' lest it escapes and becomes reality, so there! ta muchly, Nick.

Comment is about Anal ascension (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:30

You what!! You're supposed to be cheering me up. Get a grip or else! The poetry police aren't that far away - you've been warned. but really, Ta muchly, Nick.

Comment is about Through the windows of our days (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:26

Come off it P, hast thou been at the greetings cards again. Take more water with it! Ta muchly for this interesting short and sweet. Chow for now, Nick.

Comment is about Peace by peace (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:25

Gorgeous-ish and pleased she got away. How beautifully put. Great enjoyment for me, even if it is too short. Come on get the pencils out, We want more, and when do we want it? I'm not sure, can I get back to you on that one. Wonderful heart-wrench. Ta muchly lorryloads, Nick.

Comment is about Left over (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

winston plowes

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:20

Hi Andy. Thx for the comment on Tommy and my poem. good luck with the poem a day. must make a note to do this next year.

Win

Comment is about Andy N (Poet profile)

Original item by Andy N

andy n

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:17

just read because of Win's piece.. quite different but just as good.

Comment is about He said (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:16

Hi andy, if you get beat up during any love poems you have to pay extra! I know I do - Oops! let the bag out of the cat again, tara for now, Nick.

Comment is about Andy N (Poet profile)

Original item by Andy N

andy n

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:13

good stuff, andy.. like the fact as others have commented you pack a lot into a few short lines - good skill to have.. need to try to pop down to one of your nights soon (reminds me) when i am on a good shift.. when's the next one?

Comment is about Solitude Gets Lonely (blog)

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:13

hi, glad you enjoyed 'Space Knits' just a spot of this nutter seeping through. I'm not always about but I'll see thee - awfully Yorkshire, What! tara for now, Nick.

Comment is about BT (Poet profile)

Original item by BT

andy n

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:10

excellent stuff - the last two stanzas in particular.. powerful writing

Comment is about The Whisper of Miss El (blog)

Original item by Alanna Rice

andy n

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:09

brings a lot of similar memories back for me this piece also locked in memory.. good stuff matey

Comment is about BROTHERS (blog)

Original item by M.C. Newberry

andy n

Mon 9th Apr 2012 10:08

lovely piece, ann... you defo have a feel for kids poetry.. love it - perfect start to the day for me xx

Comment is about tent (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Yvonne Brunton

Mon 9th Apr 2012 01:19

Lovely poem. The spirit of the isle is calling to you but time does not stand still.

Comment is about The Whisper of Miss El (blog)

Original item by Alanna Rice

Yvonne Brunton

Mon 9th Apr 2012 01:10

There was no molly-coddling just cod liver oil.
No second hearing, just a clip round the ear.
No central heating, just smokey old coal
That yer dad used to fetch in every New Year
No need to sort rubbish into multi-hued bins
The rag and bone cart used to pile it all in
Hand-me-down clothes were often the rule
And nobody took you by car to yer school.
Mecchano,scalextric or Hornby for trains
Life was an innocent pageant of games.

I'm a survivor. XX

Comment is about A SNIPPET FROM OLDLANCSMAN (blog)

Original item by oldlancsman

Sun 8th Apr 2012 23:15

You generate a lot of power wth seemingly so litle effort, Andy. I admire the management of the rhythm perfectly suited to the tone.

Comment is about Solitude Gets Lonely (blog)

Sun 8th Apr 2012 23:07

Hello Larisa.
This reminded me very much of G K Chesterton's "The Donkey". Keep posting.

Comment is about Palm Sunday (blog)

Original item by Larisa Rzhepishevska

Sun 8th Apr 2012 22:59

Delightful, Harry. I particularly enjoyed the variation in rhyme patterns.

Comment is about ANY POET`S ANSWER TO THE ASTROPHISICISTS (blog)

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 147 294 441 448 449 450 451 452 588 735 882 1029 1176 1323 1461 1462 1463 Next -->