Dave Carr

Thu 8th Nov 2012 12:52

Hi Laura,
Thanks for comment on Compy Dompy (ages ago I know)
Just found time to view your Diggers video.
Excellent
Dave

Comment is about Laura Taylor (Poet profile)

Original item by Laura Taylor

Laura Taylor

Thu 8th Nov 2012 12:51

Another new one! On a roooolllll!

Clever, succinct, very different from previous form. Good poem - enjoyed.

Took me years of self-tuition to learn small talk, as it goes. Couldn't understand how people opened their mouths and said...nothing.

Comment is about Small Talk (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Laura Taylor

Thu 8th Nov 2012 12:49

Sorry it's taken me so long to comment on this - I saw it, meant to, then got busy with other stuff.

Anyhoooo - what a wonderful poem. Nice to see a new piece from you Is. Totally agree re performance making all the difference, but I can't fault the rhythm in here.

Comment is about Preparing Lamb (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Laura Taylor

Thu 8th Nov 2012 12:47

Haha - oooo so cutting :D Love it. That intro's funny as owt too :D

Comment is about Posh Tramps (blog)

Original item by Cathy Crabb

Laura Taylor

Thu 8th Nov 2012 12:44

Actually I think you should take all the previous ones down right now, and then post them back up, one per week.

Anthony's right - barely anyone will look at them now cos they're backed up into hyperlinks.

Your writing is interesting, and politically right up my street. Do us, and yourself, a huge favour, and put them up slowly and that way you'll get more exposure and the people reading them can ingest one at a time :)

Good performance piece this - enjoyed it, some killer lines

Comment is about I might look like a mortal man to you (blog)

Original item by Wez Jefferies

Laura Taylor

Thu 8th Nov 2012 12:32

Unusual structure to this...can't help but think it may be improved visually by playing with the structure on the page, but as for the actual poem itself, nope - leave that. A beautiful poem sonically - I can hear it being read out. Very musical, lilting. Lots in there to tickle my curiosity, however the neat/shambolic jars a teeny bit.

Surplus apostrophe after 'breezes'?

Comment is about Bubble (blog)

Dave Carr

Thu 8th Nov 2012 12:32

Hi Katherine.
Thanks for comment on Compy Dompy.
Sorry for not getting back sooner.
I enjoyed Dedicated Follower of fashion.
Dave

Comment is about Katherine Shirley (Poet profile)

Original item by Katherine Shirley

Dave Carr

Thu 8th Nov 2012 12:26

Hi Isobel.
Thanks for comment on Compy Dompy. Ages ago I know. Am recovering from surgery so can't make Tudor tonight. Gives me time to look at WOL though. Dave

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Laura Taylor

Thu 8th Nov 2012 12:24

Another wonderful piece of writing Marianne - crafted and yet seemingly so easy

Comment is about Discipline (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Laura Taylor

Thu 8th Nov 2012 12:22

Jampacked full of hugely evocative imagery - your writing is changing and flowing so fast these days, and this one seems to have more...what's the word...form?structure? It is less fluid/stream of cons whilst still holding onto the process that kicks it off. I know what I mean!!

Love it, fantastic piece. I read those first 3 verses in awe.

Comment is about Blue (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Dave Carr

Thu 8th Nov 2012 12:22

Hi Sid,
Had to look twice there - like the name -incognito in your Holt. Thanks for comment in another life. Dompy is to Compy as Dumpty is to Humpty. Whimsical I suppose.
Dave

Comment is about Ray Miller (Poet profile)

Original item by Ray Miller

Dave Carr

Thu 8th Nov 2012 12:13

Thanks to all for comments on this. Seems ages ago. Been busy with family stuff.

Comment is about Compy Dompy (blog)

Original item by Dave Carr

Greg Freeman

Thu 8th Nov 2012 10:35

Enjoyed the journey this took, Sid, and a very credible one it was, too. Your poetic style is confident and assured. Which reminds me, apropos of almost nothing ... whatever happened to Augusta Darling?

Comment is about Sky Garden (blog)

Original item by Ray Miller

Dave D Poet Rhumour

Thu 8th Nov 2012 09:44

Comment is about Halloween Is Here (blog)

Original item by Dave Dunn

fiona sinclair

Thu 8th Nov 2012 09:28

thank you!

Comment is about At the vets (blog)

Original item by fiona sinclair

Jonboy Walton

Thu 8th Nov 2012 00:53

Hey Laura,This is a great piece;esp love the third stanza with the references to 'coalition buzzword bingo,sign on and shout house'.Haha!Clever and funny!By the way,loved your performance at the John The Baptist gig.

Comment is about Brand New Lexicon (blog)

Original item by Laura Taylor

Solar Winds

Wed 7th Nov 2012 23:33

Girl power to the rescue again!x

Comment is about Obama wins with a little bit of help from his female following (blog)

Original item by hugh

Patricia &Stefan wilde

Wed 7th Nov 2012 22:52

a flamin' handy analogy!

Comment is about Up in smoke (blog)

Sid Villan

Wed 7th Nov 2012 22:05

for the clouds now moving in - I'd have preferred summat clearer, simpler
now the clouds are moving in

I liked the poem, nice title.

Comment is about Small Talk (blog)

Original item by Isobel

tony sheridan

Wed 7th Nov 2012 20:31

Good one! In my youth, we called her "Nitty Nora...the bug explorer!" Take care, Tony.

Comment is about The nits are back ! (blog)

Original item by hugh

tony sheridan

Wed 7th Nov 2012 20:23

Pure poetry. Take care, Tony.

Comment is about Avant-Garde Verse - The Last Rhyme (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Wed 7th Nov 2012 19:28

It's about...well...mmm...it....!....aaah...if you...oh shi...I think separation from something...yes that's it.

Comment is about Noetic-fret! (Poet profile)

Original item by Noetic-fret!

Ledger de la Bald

Wed 7th Nov 2012 15:01

John....You just crack me up!

Good one mate.

Comment is about Avant-Garde Verse - The Last Rhyme (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

andy n

Wed 7th Nov 2012 13:16

thanks for the comments guys.

glad you like it.

i have now slightly re-edited the poem as can
be seen, but glad you liked it

Andy

Comment is about Migration (blog)

Original item by Andy N

Anthony Emmerson

Wed 7th Nov 2012 13:02

I always find it tricky to comment on work that's obviously very personal and offers the audience only rudimentary clues as to the subject.

The "shambolic" streets and Minster suggest York, but I wouldn't dare to venture further.

Interesting . . .

Regards,
A.E.

Comment is about Bubble (blog)

Anthony Emmerson

Wed 7th Nov 2012 12:50

I’m sure rhyme will “Not Fade Away” John. Don’t say “It’s All Over Now”, because “Time Is On My Side”, so don’t “Paint It Black.” Some free verse is surely acceptable, although often “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” from it – still, you’ve got to have some “Sympathy For The Devil” and “”You Can’t Always Get What You Want.” It’s like being between “A Rock And A Hard Place.” “What A Shame”, maybe we’re just “Out Of Time.” But I know you’re a “Street Fighting Man” John, and, in the end “It’s Only Rock And Roll” and WOL is just a “Beggars Banquet.” So let the free versers sit in their “Voodoo Longue” poking their keyboards with “Sticky Fingers” and constructing “Bridges To Babylon.” I’m quite happy to remain as an occasional rhymer, in “Exile On Main Street” – and just “Let It Bleed.”

(In respect of your poem/song - brilliant mate – and not a red wheelbarrow or UFO in sight!) :)

Regards,
A.E.

Comment is about Avant-Garde Verse - The Last Rhyme (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Wed 7th Nov 2012 12:40

I don't think it will be somehow. Yet another cracking rip-off John.

Comment is about Avant-Garde Verse - The Last Rhyme (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Cathy

Wed 7th Nov 2012 11:19

You put your finger on it there. Like waiting for a bus that will never turn up.

You have hit the nail on the head- and that is a good thing to do with an awful feeling- because your heart just had a word with my heart. X

Comment is about Waiting at the Door (blog)

Original item by Alison Mary Dunn

Chik J Duncan

Wed 7th Nov 2012 00:02

Just joined up. Couldn't resist the lure of bogies. Here's a wee offering which I think I subtitled "Green is the colour of my true love's hair":

SNOTABOGIE

"Bogie!"
"Snot!"
"It is so a bogie."
"No it's snot."

Comment is about Your poems wanted for school’s poet tree (article)

Original item by Julian Jordon

Patricia &Stefan wilde

Tue 6th Nov 2012 21:57

Hi Steve-Thanks.Twas a non-collaborative effort.

Patricia.x

Comment is about Temporary opening (blog)

Patricia &Stefan wilde

Tue 6th Nov 2012 21:55

I really am sorry for you and your Dad Solar.
Please accept my profoundest sympathy.
And thank you.

Patricia.x

Comment is about Temporary opening (blog)

John Aikman

Tue 6th Nov 2012 21:21

Well, as you singled out Isobel and I as your favourites (so far) I guess I'm obliged to pass comment...

I find this poem a puzzle. I'm notoriously averse (hah!) to puzzling poetry...I prefer poems to be immediately accessible, at least in some way, and then reveal more with each reading. This certainly achieves that...and yet remains a puzzle to me.

I wonder where the neat, narrow, yet oxymoronically shambolic streets are? There's a Minster...?

Hope floats...

Some lovely language...and I'm going to have to keep returning to it like a crossword puzzle...darn....I hope I figure it out someday...

: )

Jx

Comment is about Bubble (blog)

Marcia Calame

Tue 6th Nov 2012 17:48

POMEDY is an Eclectic Mix of Comedy and Poetry - With A Difference - Celebrating Jamaica's 50th Anniversary Event

UK POMEDY Tour 2012 - Tek Kin Teet Kibba Hart Bun - Laugh & Learn/ Celebrating Life With Laughter, Love & Learning

The very excitingly inspirational and hilarious POMEDY Show is an officially designated Jamaica 50th Anniversary event. It is is the brainchild of the internationally renown Jamaican Poet, Author and Reggae Artiste, Yasus Afari - Jamaica's Gift to the World.

POMEDY is an innovative and eclectic mix of real Jamaican Comedy and Poetry, celebrating laughter, love and learning for the entire family and community. The Pomedy Show skillfully blendss Jamaican humour, story telling, comedy and poetry to excite and inspire audiences to laugh and learn together in love and harmony, especially as we celebrate Jamaica's 50th Anniversary.

The Pomedy Show had a very successful World Premiere in Jamaica in 2009 and had its International Launch at London' outstanding Broadway Theatre in 2011. Based on the overwhelming response, The Pomedy Show has again returned to the UK featuring Yasus Afari, Ping Wing, Benjamin Zephaniah, Pink Panther, Marcia Calame and Jamaica's High Commissioner, Ambassador Aloun Assamba and a guest of honour.

Comment is about Pomedy Show UK (blog)

Original item by Marcia Calame

Isobel

Tue 6th Nov 2012 17:32

There is some very delicate bubble wafting going on here. I like the image of that first line immensely. I think the concluding line also holds that mesmeric gentle quality.

My advise to you would be - don't blow it :) x

Comment is about Bubble (blog)

Anthony Emmerson

Tue 6th Nov 2012 16:06

Maybe romance isn't quite dead yet; just in the end stage of a terminal illness - D.N.R.

Comment is about To The Girl At The Bar (blog)

Original item by Daniel Smith

garside

Tue 6th Nov 2012 15:14

i like this edit better and feel the poem emerge from the inspirational earlier draft and agree with Darren Thomas' views

that's the 2nd line in Mikhail - that mean you didn't read the rest? when i see this kind of comment i sigh and want to understand what it means in relation to the poem - if it is that you didn't read because of the word god then why bother commenting at all?

Comment is about Blue (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Nigel Astell

Tue 6th Nov 2012 15:04

His wife
Is free
But the
Jealous triangle
Must keep
Hot blooded
To make
It work.

Comment is about Hidden Agendas (blog)

Original item by Katypoetess

Isobel

Tue 6th Nov 2012 13:45

It took me right to the end to fathom out what this was about! At first I thought it was experimental poetry and decided that I was nay going to comment on it ;) Then I thought they must be annagrams....

Ha - a lot more fun than putting an Ikea wardrobe together - have done a lot of that recently :( I much enjoyed this :)

Comment is about Q-AY? (blog)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Isobel

Tue 6th Nov 2012 13:36

Thanks Graham - I think I'll follow your suggestion. I'll probably know what feels right when I'm performing it - or reading it out loud - not sure it's a performance poem, as such :)

Comment is about Graham Sherwood (Poet profile)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Katy Hughes

Tue 6th Nov 2012 13:28

Thank you Anthony! : ) Katy

Comment is about Anthony Emmerson (Poet profile)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

Isobel

Tue 6th Nov 2012 13:04

Methinks you are not such a novice at this poetry business.

You manage to make this sad but chilling at the same time - that's some achievement...

Comment is about Only 1 user online (blog)

Tue 6th Nov 2012 11:22

Isobel, you know what I would say. Don't change it.
As for paring it there is some fat but in the hesitant atmosphere of the situation here, one can often overuse words in a nervous sort of way, ergo leave the fat in.
I like this style for you.

best wishes, Graham.

Comment is about Small Talk (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Mikhail Smith

Tue 6th Nov 2012 10:41

I was with you till you mentioned god. mikhail x.

Comment is about Blue (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Tue 6th Nov 2012 09:25

Thanks for your recent positive comments Greg. Always appreciated. I need to get some serious commenting done of my own, ther's some strong stuff about on WOL. Regards, G

Comment is about Greg Freeman (Poet profile)

Greg Freeman

Tue 6th Nov 2012 07:38

Like John, I've just come across this. Classy, condensed poem, Graham.

Comment is about St Mawes (blog)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Steve Higgins

Tue 6th Nov 2012 01:17

Had so many nights out like this one . .

Comment is about To The Girl At The Bar (blog)

Original item by Daniel Smith

Steve Higgins

Tue 6th Nov 2012 01:14

Like this one guys.
By the way, which one of you wrote this, or is it a joint effort, like lennon and mcartney used to do?

Comment is about Temporary opening (blog)

Mon 5th Nov 2012 23:32

If people didn't go, zoos wouldn't be there etc etc!

Comment is about Ape Shit (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Mon 5th Nov 2012 23:14

How did I miss this? Very evocative.

Reminds me a bit of DT's "slow, black, sloe-black, fishing-boat bobbing sea". (or thereabouts).

Comment is about St Mawes (blog)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Harry O'Neill

Mon 5th Nov 2012 22:57

Strange, bewildered, caught in a mind-maze piece of reflectivity. Full of unconclusivity.

Comment is about The Shortest Time Alive (blog)

Original item by Noetic-fret!

◄ Prev 1 2 3 155 310 446 447 448 449 450 465 620 775 930 1085 1240 1395 1548 1549 1550 Next ►