Greg Freeman

Thu 10th Dec 2009 10:01

Hi Cynthia. Thanks for your kind comments on The English Teacher. I see you're a teacher yourself and I agree, I don't think Ofsted would have thought much of him! But he was the one teacher at my school that inspired me. Not exactly The HIstory Boys, but that kind of thing. As a result I switched to English in the sixth form and started writing poems while I should have been revising for my O-levels. Greg

Malpoet

Wed 9th Dec 2009 14:45

Thanks for your comment Cynthia.

I understand your concern about privacy. Every private person has an entitlement to it, but if you have built a career worth a billion dollars on the basis of your public profile, and your personal characteristics are used as part of that income generation, then your life has been exposed to comment by your own decision. Tiger Woods' personal problems are also the problems of Tiger Woods the multi million dollar corporation. The two things are inseparable and that was his choice.

Ann Foxglove

Mon 7th Dec 2009 20:58

Thank you for kind comment on my cat poem - she is sleek and slim, and she always wears the purrfect little black dress!

Mon 7th Dec 2009 15:43

Hello Cynthia, many thank you's for reading and commenting on Copse. I think your comments are very flattering as I am not the most technically astute poet that you are likely to meet. Once again many thanks and regards.

Andy Williamson

Sun 6th Dec 2009 21:27

Hi Cynthia. Many thanks for your comments about "Patience". Regarding the last line - you are indeed fortunate to feel in a position that your life is complete. I realise that it is a state of being, rather than a set of circumstances, but the sad truth is that there are many people who do not feel there, to greater or lesser degrees. And is often felt to be the ultimate goal.

jane wilcock

Sun 6th Dec 2009 11:38

Thanx for commenting on West Window, Cynthia. I enjoyed writing it and it took at trip to York at Christmas to get a feel for it.

Ann Foxglove

Sat 5th Dec 2009 06:40

Hello Cynthia, how are you? Meant to thank you earlier about your comment on my foxy poem! I loved your tale of the huskies! (I wonder if she remembers you too!) xx

Isobel

Tue 1st Dec 2009 22:26

Thanks for your continued support of WOLOP Cynthia - if only everyone could be so enthusiastic...I noticed that blogs dipped for the second month running, having peaked in September. If that trend continues, hopefully we will get back to a stage where looking through blogs will be less arduous....which should help on the commenting/judging front also.
Although I maybe being overly optimistic - have just checked and we were only 6 less in November than October...

winston plowes

Tue 1st Dec 2009 16:03

Hi Cynthia. Thanks for looking at Social Algebra Alphabet. Glad you enjoyed it. Not really that cleaver, this one. just a bit of fun and anexperiment. Win x

garside

Tue 1st Dec 2009 11:33

HI Cynthia

thanks for taking the time to read and make comment on my work

as for your question - lovely question and thought

thanks

steve x

Isobel

Sun 29th Nov 2009 21:18

Thanks for your lovely comment on Coming Home - I was very touched. Quite an emotional one to write and read so I am glad that I didn't cross the fine line and make it too sentimental.

garside

Sun 29th Nov 2009 09:55

HI Cynthia

the poem Unchained - the word 'war' is deliberately 'missing'

steve x

garside

Sun 29th Nov 2009 09:52

Hi Cynthia

thanks again for your comments

an eclipse is the passing of one celestial thing over another - shadow is an effect of this process

steve x

Ann Foxglove

Sat 28th Nov 2009 18:35

Thank you for your comment on my poem South with Endurance - why do you think is about the north pole I wonder???

garside

Wed 25th Nov 2009 08:10

soemthing somwhere dies - i like this and you are right - tis more consistent this way - thanks

i tend only to leave stuff on here for comment for a short while - though i did/do appreciate your comment Cynthia

steve x

Philip Golding

Wed 25th Nov 2009 05:41

Thank you for your kind words on my poem, 'That Tomorrow'. I am not quite reaching for the rope just yet. I remember reading something in the neww about bankers getting their fat bonus payouts and America spending daft money on the space programme.That got me thinking.and made me angry. Mankind needs reminding that there alot to prioritise and fight for.

That's me done on my soap box.

Tue 24th Nov 2009 17:35

Ty CBT, most welcome, as always.

Thaumaturgically Charged

Tue 24th Nov 2009 00:11

Hello Cynthia thank you for your recent comments on my stuff ;-), my Sister tells me you are one of the nicest and most constructive people on here ;-)) Great !! you can carry on giving me tips and help me with the technical issues ensuing ha ha kindest regards George ( Mr Thaumaturgically Charged ha ha)

Janet

Mon 23rd Nov 2009 21:33

Hi Cynthia,
just seen the lovely message you left on my profile at the end of last month. Thankyou.

Only here for a few days. A friend has loaned me a mobile dongle which surprisingly has allowed me to log in.

Janet.

Cate Greenlees

Sun 22nd Nov 2009 11:26

Morning Cynthia, thanks for your lovely comment on Taj. I had the most fabulous trip and the memory of the Taj will stay printed indelibly on my mind forever. And yes I own up to being a sentimentalist..... I defy anyone not to look at such beauty and not be moved! You were so right about the poverty though. At first you are stunned at the awful conditions and the dirt and poverty in which most of the people live, but gradually rightly or wrongly your mind accepts it as part of life in a third world country. There is a huge difference between the fabulous wealth of the maharajas and their palaces and how the rest of the population live. And yet there is a vibrancy about it that we somehow seem to have lost.
Cate xx

garside

Fri 20th Nov 2009 13:04

HI Cynthia

thanks again for your comments - much valued

steve x

Dave Bradley

Thu 12th Nov 2009 14:59

Hi Cynthia

Thanks for commenting as ever. The poem's structure (if that isn't too grandiose a word in the circs) flows from the importance of the initial letter of each line. I hoped that would be clear, but it seems to be another 'live and learn' one.

winston plowes

Tue 10th Nov 2009 14:40

Hi Cynthia. Thanks for your comments on The Silver Surfer poem. It was fun to write and came together rather quickly, didn't realise this style was en vogue however. Win

Steve Smith

Mon 9th Nov 2009 13:25

Thanks for that , Cynthia, I read all your stuff. Steve Smith

Pete Crompton

Mon 9th Nov 2009 11:12

Enjoyed very much your 2 poems at Sale, thanks for feedback on my 2 recent poems, very touched x love pete.

Dave Bradley

Sun 8th Nov 2009 21:37

Hi Cynthia

Thanks as ever for your comment. I agree about verdicts, but we'll never stop people judging each other, thus the (realistic?) plea for gentleness rather than stopping altogether. We can hope

Steve Mellor

Sun 8th Nov 2009 19:46

Hi Cynthia
When I said your comment was intriguing, this was because a couple of readers had misunderstood where the poem was coming from, which is why I added the explanation at the top.
I thought you had read it first time round, but had become better informed after seeing the explanation of who was speaking.
I think what I've just written makes sense, but I wouldn't bank on it. If it does - great, if it doesn't let me know, and I'll have another go.
xx Steve xx

Steve Mellor

Sat 7th Nov 2009 15:28

Hi Cynthia
Thanks for taking the time to comment, which in itself is intriguing.
xx Steve xx

Bernadette Herbertson

Sat 7th Nov 2009 01:16

Hi Cynthia thank you for your welcome comment on my first blog entry ..Mixed Emotions.. we actually met at sale waterside in september I was with my friend Linda.Missed out on the october event but going to the november one. hope to see you there ...Bernadette

garside

Thu 5th Nov 2009 19:55

HI Cynthia,

thanks for your comment on 4:21 poem

i realised what you meant after the penny dropped : )

steve x

Isobel

Thu 5th Nov 2009 18:11

Augusta Darling

Thu 5th Nov 2009 17:22

Good Evening Cynthia,
Four Ways Five...just my way of saying,

'More than... and every which way' , at the same time.

Consider yourself clued in...

Thank you for your lovely comments.
Augusta x

garside

Wed 4th Nov 2009 08:03

Hi Cynthia

thanks as ever for your considered comment on my poem - in the poem i switched the light off to let the room take shape - though the immediate perceptual would tell the read otherwise

curious to know how you would do the equal line thing that you mention in your comment?

steve x

Dave Bradley

Tue 3rd Nov 2009 19:42

Hi Cynthia

Thanks as ever for your generous comment. Hope we meet one day x

Dave Bradley

Tue 3rd Nov 2009 19:42

Hi Cynthia

Thanks as ever for your generous comment. Hope we meet one day x

Elise Lennon

Mon 2nd Nov 2009 17:35

Hi Cynthia, thank you for your kind words and suggestion on 'You came', I have amended that line and it does flow more smoothly now. i appreciate your guidance.

Emma McCourty

Sun 1st Nov 2009 15:32

Hi Cynthia. Sorry I am late replying to you, I have limited internet access. Thank you for you feed back on Victim Empathy. The Bullying experience is true, However Although I wonder how it would be for me to confront the people involved-I havent actually done so. As the poem says, I feel it would fall on deaf ears if I did so. They would not accept that it had been that bad.
I dont live within the experience, but it does have knock on effects sometimes. It was good to get it all out in writing. Glad you like it.
Look forward to reading your work on here.
Take care em.

Armando Halpern

Wed 28th Oct 2009 21:42

Thanks for your comments on Sense of Silence. Your comment is a constructive comment that denotes careful and attentive reading, but, even so, I don't agree.It made me read it again and think, but, to me, that line has a place and iis a fundamental part of the whole.

Andy Williamson

Tue 27th Oct 2009 00:37

HI Cynthia, Thanks for the great critique of "A Day in the Life". Your comments were much appreciated, as was the very diplomatic spelling correction :-)
Andy x

Dave Bradley

Mon 26th Oct 2009 09:44

Hi Cynthia

Thanks as ever for the positive feedback. It was interesting that you thought the poem was close to proselytizing, which is normally associated with attempts to persuade people to join a particular religious organisation. I've just spent two weeks in Israel Palestine which gave rise to the poem, and would hold that particular religious organisations are a significant part of the problem there. I think the poem could have been written by an atheist as, if there is a God (which I believe), He/She is assuredly on all sides of all walls. But if there isn't then whatever is 'ultimate reality' is similarly universally present.

I've done some reading about the situation over there. The best book so far has been Emma Williams' 'It's Easier to Reach Heaven than the End of the Street'.

Janet

Fri 23rd Oct 2009 16:16

Hi Cynthia, i just want to say thanks for your encouragement and your assistance when commenting on my work.
It really has been very helpful and is appreciated.

I'm off-line for a while but will most likely be back in the new year.

Janet.x

nicky burrows

Fri 23rd Oct 2009 11:35

Hi Cynthia, as I have said before I enjoy the criticism of my writing, what you have to say is constructive and I don't take offense at it at all. Sometimes one can get too close to a piece, and miss mistakes and errors, or make mistakes in typing - I am sure that I am computer dyslexic!! haha. Think I mentioned before that I can spot grammatical stakes at a hundred paces in the work of others but when it comes to my own I think they hide and take cover.

Nicky x

Isobel

Thu 22nd Oct 2009 21:55

Hello there. Just wanted to thank you for your whole hearted support of WOLOP - I keep coming across little comments you have left and it all helps. I sometimes wonder if it might be more successful spear headed by someone less controversial.... Perhaps you could take it over one day if it doesn't keel over and die this month - not that I'm trying to divest at all - there isn't much admin to it - I would just like it to be successful. Food for thought anyway.
Isobel x

jane wilcock

Thu 22nd Oct 2009 13:49

Hi Cynthia, I love your poetry, this last one makes me feel like Faraday, full of bright ideas!xx

winston plowes

Wed 21st Oct 2009 00:40

Hi Cynthia... As someone who is a poor speller and yet pedantic about his own work I really appreciate your corrections to my salmon poem. Both are correct. Will leave the blog as it is though as don't want to jump the queue. Thanks for the comments. Win x

nicky burrows

Tue 20th Oct 2009 16:03

Thanks Cynthia for the comment on 'poet critic' - not sure I like that title - It sort of wrote itself between the washing, drying and ironing yesterday, so thought I would give it a bit of an airing. I think I shall take your advice though later and sit down with it and organise it better, thanks. x

garside

Tue 20th Oct 2009 07:36

Hi Cynthia - we have an open relationship based on holistic non-judgementalism

thanks for the s - typo in soup : )

steve x

Gus Jonsson

Mon 19th Oct 2009 11:56

Thank You for your most valuable critique Re; vixen... The 2nd 'of' is ugly ... I'll amend as you suggest.

Once again many thanks for your wonderful comments.

Gusx

nicky burrows

Mon 19th Oct 2009 11:20

Thanks Cynthia. Did you write that before I changed the structure. Ran it all together so it read like a stream of consciouness. Better as one or broken into stanza's do think?

garside

Fri 16th Oct 2009 19:50

Hi Cynthia

thanks again for your time

steve x