Sat 28th Jul 2007 13:58

Hello Gemma! It was fantastic meeting you and hearing you read your powerfully evocative poems. Litbury was amazing, you created a wonderful, unique and friendly word-based family event. My dad thoroughly enjoyed himself, despite hating poetry. As soon as he got home he phoned his friends and said, 'You'll never guess where I've been all afternoon....' Thank you.

Comment is about Gemma Lees (Poet profile)

Original item by Gemma Lees

Martin Higgins

Fri 27th Jul 2007 17:04

Howdy, hope i'm not being too pedantic here but the band is spelt "The Maladies of Bellafontaine" for anyone who's vaguely interested

cheers

Comment is about Martin Higgins backed by members of the Maladus of Bella Fontaine at the Mental Virus Magazine Launch, The Tavern, Wigan (photo)

Maggie Lane

Thu 26th Jul 2007 19:01

Sorry have to put it here because it wont let me go through to your email, your profile says you are NOT looking to get into performance poetry - should this maybe say NOW? It just seems a strange thing to put on a performance poets website.

Comment is about Maria Gornell (Poet profile)

Original item by Maria Gornell

Maggie Lane

Thu 26th Jul 2007 18:59

Wow! Maria what an incredible poem eyeball is. It's brilliant - well done.

Comment is about Maria Gornell (Poet profile)

Original item by Maria Gornell

Niall Bradley

Wed 25th Jul 2007 16:59

It's good man, very good man!

Comment is about SOLE MAN (article)

Bill Mitton

Sun 22nd Jul 2007 15:33

First off I like the poem a great deal, paints really good pictures, but all the way throgh the poem I was waiting for the softeniing of the description, the bit that allows the loving of a dragon...............perhaps it's just me being a nosey bugger....but nice write anyway

Comment is about Portrait of Peter (article)

Sat 21st Jul 2007 13:18

That calvary was rough. Brought me out in a sweat.

Fri 20th Jul 2007 18:03

It was when the cavalry twilled.

Fri 20th Jul 2007 12:06

I like rhyming poetry too. Yours flows very well without any feeling of the rhymes or rhythm being forced. Rhyme is especially well suited to humour and I really enjoyed this. You will undoubtedly find that some poets will look down a little on humorous, rhyming verse. My advice, for what it is worth, is to take no notice if you get that kind of reaction. Some of the very best poetry tickles our funny bone and the rhymes make it stick in the mind.

Congratulations.

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Fri 20th Jul 2007 11:32

I bet it was 07.

Fri 20th Jul 2007 11:31

Wend you do that then?

Fri 20th Jul 2007 08:30

Hello, I've neighed and may not wend.

julian

Thu 19th Jul 2007 20:27

I like rhyming poetry. Thank you for making me laugh. Post more.

Comment is about (Poet profile)

gale walker

Thu 19th Jul 2007 12:37

I was very sad to hear my friend Dike had died. I knew Dike before he knew poetry and watched from afar as he created and perfected his art. Love Light and peace be with him.
Old friend
Gale

Comment is about Fanfare for BrothaTalk (article)

Thu 19th Jul 2007 09:25

Hello, I've been weighed, but not my mends!

Wed 18th Jul 2007 17:36

Hello, I've been mended but not my ways!

Tue 17th Jul 2007 09:51

I like insects. I am one. Our websites can commune with each other in an interfiasco. I am sure that Hermione and Ermintrude will go along. They are determined cybernauts. I may not be able to. I have been confined in a play pen before and escape can be troublesome.

Mon 16th Jul 2007 10:59

The website will celebrate fiascos, insects, colloids, cybernetics, lump hammers, toffee, biscuits, quantum cookery using dark matter, and stuff. Ermintrude and Hermione will be most welcome -- I hope they will come to regard it as a second home. I should be in receipt of said website this week and will probably launch a badly designed, ersatz prototype very shortly. Meanwhile, we are to have our own play area on WOL!

Wed 11th Jul 2007 16:28

Quite right. I wouldn't let you on my space. You should go and create YourSpace. Whales are no good, they are bald and they always blow their nose when you talk to them. I am prepared to discuss with them about Shambo becoming thier first minister provided they come and meet me in the Moby Dick pub because that is only 400 yards from my house. They must dress properly in thread worm suits and they will have to cover that disgusting baldness with proper pink wigs. Oh and they are not allowed to smoke unless they go outside.

Wed 11th Jul 2007 14:48

I thought whales were ocean-adapted bulls! That's why they attack underwater bunting and are allergic to strawberries. I've seen whales with rings through their noses tethered outside a farmer's postcard sea front parade kiosk. Meanwhile, I am glad to report that Ricardo Reis did make a curry and I am sad to report that the said Ricardo Reis forgot to put the rice pudding in the oven on time. However, it is my turn to make the dinner tonight so there will be rice pudding in the oven at the correct regulo and in time to cook thoroughly to be eaten today and not tomrrow. And I am glad to report that Ricardo Reis's son who is also my son has taken to calling himself Vienna Famous. You can see him on Myspace. I was thrown off Myspace for claiming that my hobby was figure skating on cryogenically preserved bodies to check their frost levels.

Wed 11th Jul 2007 10:35

Roddri couldn't object, he would be humanely despatched. Hermione and Ermintrude can't put up with a lot of bull. When I was human I was too tired to campaign and now I have transed nobody can see me. Anyway, Shambo would be best First Minister for Wales. Their assembly is already shambolic so it is his right and bulls are friendlier than whales.

Tue 10th Jul 2007 15:52

Shambo -- can't Hermione Pringle or Ermintrude Prune do something to save him? I mean, Ermintrude's, well, gone over and is probably a reformed spirit by now. Surely she can exert some kind of astral protection for the lovely bull? And you're right, swap Roddri over -- Roddri could wear a panto-bull suit and speak in his own defense. Or leg it. Or do kick boxing. Or claim diplomatic immunity.

Tue 10th Jul 2007 09:24

Oh OK Paul. I ought to have put Shambo in there.

paul

Mon 9th Jul 2007 22:08

Hey Malcolm
I've created a new "Topical Verse" forum for you in Discussions
Paul

Perciphone Petticoat

Mon 9th Jul 2007 21:58

Eeeh - it's me Manu mate!

Comment is about Alabaster DePlume (Poet profile)

Original item by Alabaster DePlume

Mon 9th Jul 2007 09:33

Hi Scion

Good to see you and your work on WOL. I have always enjoyed listening to you at the Wirral Ode Show. I must try to get along there again soon.

Keep posting.

Comment is about Scion (Poet profile)

Original item by Scion

Mon 9th Jul 2007 09:18

I'm scared now. I think I will have Dogspot bleached.

Sun 8th Jul 2007 16:27

Or William Ernest Henley's Madame Life's a Piece in Bloom from which The Ruffian on the Stair snooked its title -- also declares that the polka dot is dangerous. And I quote, 'to dare to dream in dapplement, the lounging polka dot and speck, and every splashing devilment, a man perchance becomes a wreck.' Warning enough.

Sun 8th Jul 2007 13:01

Ruffian On The Stares, as Jo Orton-ow. You are getting dangerously close to polka dots -- step away now!

Sun 8th Jul 2007 10:35

Don't look at me with your ruffian glasses! That could be a hotspot.

Sat 7th Jul 2007 23:06

Dogspots on cats! Dogspot is a totally appropriate and congruent mascot. Dogspot willl be officially ratified first thing in the morning when I can find my glasses. My special ratification rafia framed glasses.

Sat 7th Jul 2007 09:52

Dogspot

Cayn

Fri 6th Jul 2007 22:48

Hello there!
So far I've read two of your poems and can't fault them in the slightest way. Hope that you continue posting on the WOL message Boards!!

Comment is about Scion (Poet profile)

Original item by Scion

Fri 6th Jul 2007 19:59

Hi, Scion. What a beautiful, delicate poem -- 'in the shadow of his heart' -- the regeneration of spirit and the fragility of life. Wonderful! And you're a trained CSI? That must be gruelling/fascinating work. All power to your poetry!

Comment is about Scion (Poet profile)

Original item by Scion

Cayn

Fri 6th Jul 2007 18:35

Hi Nick, hows the world of poetry treating you?
I'll be finally back at Wicked Words on the 11th, new venue too, can't wait!

Comment is about Nick Card (Poet profile)

Original item by Nick Card

Fri 6th Jul 2007 16:08

So your girliefesto is on your sitefesto: transhumanism is a very interesting edict. You have much bigger philosophies than I have in my manifesto, which is absolutely trite by comparison. I only have hand-thrown HQs and replica meals.So, what's your mascot to be?

Fri 6th Jul 2007 12:25

I have read yours and I fully understand it, but I am worried about getting a mascot for mine. I am terrified of being punished for naffmascot. Ha, but of course I will be exempt having a girliefesto. Anyway, it is an enormous work of great erudition and will take an enormously long time.

Fri 6th Jul 2007 10:32

My manifesto's done. It really doesn't make any sense, which is a relief. How's your girliefesto/femanifesto coming along?

Thu 5th Jul 2007 18:48

A manifesto! I must have a girliefesto. I will start work on it immediately.

Thu 5th Jul 2007 18:08

Hello Osi Ris Emperoar of Vitals, kith of Hermione Pringle and Ermintrude Prune -- blimey, a Hit Man. I hope he's pathologically off-topic. I removed the old work from my page this afternoon because I'm posting some new guff this evening: Valhallal Heights, A Manifesto should be up soonish. Oh yes, the silliness continues. Again, your poems on world events are a treat. And as for bras, well, all I can say is cuppa soup -- they should make them with famous grocery label prints. Long Live The Lord Of Image Nations!

Thu 5th Jul 2007 12:40

Nothing like a good mutual appreciation society. Agnew Bis and George Purpose have entered my world to join Hermione Pringle, Ermintrude Prune and others who have lived with me for many years. You create some beautiful imagery Moxy and I enjoy it enormously. Ever since the lovely Is Is found the final, vital part and completed my reassembly I have presided over the underworld peopled by heavy hearted feathery souls and the fig moments of the image nations. It is a beautiful place to be and I am its emporer (it is the very best of emporiums). Provided that Casimir was dead at the time, I expect to bump into him here soon. He's great.

Osi Ris

Thu 5th Jul 2007 11:31

Thank you for your lovely -- overwhelming -- comments, they really are appreciated. I am a huge fan of your work so am massively boosted and bolstered and blushed. Great thing the imagination, isn't it? I should say so! Joy To Your World Mr Carnival!

Thomas Dee

Tue 3rd Jul 2007 21:19

Julian - yes, it is I. Thank you so much for your comments, every word is appreciated. I'm relatively new to poetry and only since my time spent at College have I become more aware of its significance. The performance aspect is not something that I ever thought about until I discovered your site. I go to Manchester University in September and will relish the time spent picking the bones out of this wonderful language of ours. Write out Loud is a format that you should be truly proud of.Thanks again

Comment is about Julian Jordon (Poet profile)

Original item by Julian Jordon

Lenford White

Mon 2nd Jul 2007 08:58

Comment is about Lenford White (Poet profile)

Original item by Lenford White

Abi

Sun 1st Jul 2007 23:07

your poems are always a pleasure to hear, delightful, they take me back to a parallel world where in Nigeria, my parents used to talk of the old times, i hear your words and those old stories come alive again and take flight in my mind

Comment is about John Mather (Poet profile)

Original item by John Mather

Abi

Sun 1st Jul 2007 22:58

hey Hills, please come out of 'retirement' and give us all that lovely poems again. You are sorely missed! Abi

Comment is about Hilary Walker (Poet profile)

Original item by Hilary Walker

Thomas Dee

Sun 1st Jul 2007 16:41

As they say in Wigan, "Or reet". I thought it may be more appropriate to send you a less public reply than one posted on a discussion forum. My current profile is 'Darren Thomas', but when I joined WoL it was Thomas Dee. The former is my true tag and I decided not to stand in a world of smoke and mirrors enveloped in a persona that is not tangible. We have spoke Pete, at The Howcroft, albeit briefly I remember complimenting you on your work. It was only my second visit to a poetry group performance. I did the version of a taped police Interview. 'Fuck Chance, fuck opportunity etc..' That doesn't sound too poetic, but in context I believe that it did. Incidentally, I don't have a son and have only become seriously involved in poetry during the last twelve months or so, although I have been writing for 15 years. I have read most of the profiles and examples of work on the site and both 'Moxy's' contribution and yours I truly enjoy. Keep on...
Darren 'Thomas Dee' Thomas

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Sun 1st Jul 2007 14:53

Good luck today with Cath's play in Hebden Bridge! May you have an attentive, thoughtful audience. Best Wishes, Moxy

Comment is about Julian Jordon (Poet profile)

Original item by Julian Jordon

Sun 1st Jul 2007 14:51

Good luck today at Hebden Bridge. I know you will give an inspired, formidable and moving performance. Best Wishes, Moxy

Comment is about Abi (Poet profile)

Original item by Abi

Sun 1st Jul 2007 14:48

Congratulations on having your play 'Does He Take Sugar?' staged at Hebden Bridge today. It sounds very powerful and potent and thought provoking. I am really sorry not to be able to come and see it. Best Wishes, Moxy

Comment is about Cath Nichols (Poet profile)

Original item by Cath Nichols

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 151 302 453 604 755 906 1057 1208 1359 1499 1500 1501 1502 Next -->