Sophie McKeand

Fri 9th Nov 2007 21:25

brilliant performance mate... genius

Comment is about Central's a mess (blog)

Pete Crompton

Fri 9th Nov 2007 20:42

what has happened with the destruction of those hen harriers is an unforgivable act. The monsters that patrol these testosterone laced killing grounds are lacking serious elements that make the human race a sustainable force for the future. Shame on the royalty scum that made this happen. Shame on the flat cap brigade need to shoot to fel alive fools, the frivilous spools of shotgun rhetoric seeps from lips laced in cordite and lead, and the dead and corn fed pay the price. idiots.

Mr Saunders, Peter is angry

Your poem is great, the royals.........hmm

Comment is about Hen Harrier (blog)

Ricardo Reis

Fri 9th Nov 2007 19:44

Good old Bolton, eh. I did a degree at Bolton Uni when it still was Bolton institute of Technology. Is Malcolm Pittock still there? Barry Wood....
Bolton once had the best public library I have ever seen.
I worked for quite a while at Bolton Area Resource Centre running the Volunteer Bureau. Best job I ever had.
I'm telling you all this cos I think yer fab. An Moxy do too.

Comment is about Gemma Lees (Poet profile)

Original item by Gemma Lees

Pete Crompton

Fri 9th Nov 2007 19:23

Malcolm you ar really whacking out the poems. I like the constructions, they always look neat on the page and I enjoy the sophistication and simplicity combined. 'jovian dune' - love that

Comment is about Tabatha Bagginshaw (blog)

John Turner

Fri 9th Nov 2007 16:16

Hey Pete. John here. I may set up an account here. Thanks for the tip. I looked for People Under the Stairs and Fuel but had no luck finding phone numbers to contact people. I'm eager to get a few gigs done before I leave. We both hate the Myspace 'template' but I'm using it for now until I can afford my own website. You can email me at: www.myspace.com/psihateu (there's a few old demo songs on there too) If you're not on Myspace, email me at: poorplayer@hotmail.co.uk It's great to meet a Pink Floyd fan. I've loved them since around 1995 when I first listened to Division Bell. I've never met any fans other than at the gigs. I will check out your material soon. Take care.

John T.

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Malcolm Saunders

Fri 9th Nov 2007 09:58

You performed it incredibly well at Dead Goods Pete. You certainly didn't mess up. It was great fun. I really enjoyed it.

Comment is about Central's a mess (blog)

Fri 9th Nov 2007 03:02

your poems have fire, i enjoyed them very much! thanks

Comment is about caroline skanne (Poet profile)

Original item by caroline skanne

Fri 9th Nov 2007 01:41

life is full of ups and downs, have to embrace it all, you learn and grow that way. Im sure you did very well. Poetry comes to us when we need it, once a poet always a poet, but its like a tide.Its comes and goes. your doing just fine Im sure of it!

Comment is about Thank you... (blog)

Original item by Cayn White

Fri 9th Nov 2007 01:34

in a few ways this reminds me of possums pearls, a childrens story told in my family only. its very nice, with a little more it could be a very good childrens story, lessons learned etc. loved it! could see the little animals talking!

Comment is about Hen Harrier (blog)

Fri 9th Nov 2007 01:27

well, its a valid complaint, however will the price of the ride go up or the taxes if they fix it up? Would it be worth it then?good rant! so much to rant about in the USA id be very busy if I did this type of poetry. But I know you feel better letting it out.

Comment is about Central's a mess (blog)

Pete Crompton

Thu 8th Nov 2007 11:54

oh yes Sophie sounds good. Ok will give you a call or silly e mail that a hard to de cypher. or an email with a phone number

Comment is about An argument with nature (blog)

Caroline

Thu 8th Nov 2007 10:57

Freda! - your are superb. thanks for the magic...

peace n poetry, caroline, xx

Comment is about Freda Davis (Poet profile)

Original item by Freda Davis

Caroline

Thu 8th Nov 2007 10:46

...love your flow! xx

Comment is about Anwen Lewis (Poet profile)

Original item by Anwen Lewis

Malcolm Saunders

Thu 8th Nov 2007 10:09

Thanks Clarissa.

Comment is about Summer (blog)

Cayn

Thu 8th Nov 2007 09:06

Cheers Moxy,
I was considering giving up, I basically hit a wall where I thought I couldn't go any further with what I was doing but I'm slowly getting a feel for performing again and I'm even enjoying the bad performances I do these days!

Comment is about Thank you... (blog)

Original item by Cayn White

Thu 8th Nov 2007 02:56

I lived in Austin over 20 years, this is perfect, I have seen them and you made it come alive again! thanks

Comment is about Summer (blog)

Thu 8th Nov 2007 02:52

this is a wonderful poem, I loved it! thanks

Comment is about 'recharge' (blog)

Original item by caroline skanne

Moxy Casimir

Wed 7th Nov 2007 23:45

Great pic, Cayn, and the gig sounds as if it was absolutely brilliant. Congratulations! And I didn't know you were even considering giving up poetry! You can't! You mustn't! You're fab!

Comment is about Thank you... (blog)

Original item by Cayn White

Pete Crompton

Wed 7th Nov 2007 15:42

Welcome!

Comment is about Rachel Pantechnicon (Poet profile)

Original item by Rachel Pantechnicon

Sophie McKeand

Tue 6th Nov 2007 13:55

oooh... i think that this is a great idea for a poem... i had a similar idea myself, but being the lazy blob i am, i didn't do anything about it... when are you posting this?... would you ever fancy doing a collaboration?
ps if you are interested in advertising.. from a 'we all hate it and it's a load of bollocks' perspective you should read 'adbusters' magazine, www.adbusters.org it's very good...
(and yes the irony of my current job in relation to my political and philosophical beliefs is not lost on my.. oh the hypocrisy!)

Comment is about An argument with nature (blog)

Sophie McKeand

Tue 6th Nov 2007 13:48

hey Pete, I have finally managed to pin point one of the things that draws me to your poetry so much... you have a great mastery of subtle rhyme, but it's not that - and you use striking imagery, but it's not that either... it's the fact that you make me feel... the final poem is so much more than the sum total of all the rythym, rhyme and imagery because there is true feeling and emotion in each and every poem of yours. I don't just 'think' that this is a lovely, wistful poem - i 'feel' it... and that is the difference between you and most poets out there today, it sets you apart...
I know that you say on your profile that writing isn't a career for you, but why not when it so obviously IS you?... i truly believe that you could change the world (or at least your little bit of it) with your words, if you set your mind to it... why settle for anything less?

Comment is about almost empty (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Tue 6th Nov 2007 10:52

Hi Sophie

Thanks for your comments and for following my links. Firstly the click throughs to gambling sites. I am afraid I don't know what these are unless they are advertisements by the hosts of my website. I do not gamble myself. As far as I am concerned anybody who wishes to gamble should be free to do so and I would not censor advertisements, but it seems a rather silly activity.

I am certainly a strong advocate of free markets and the economics of von Mises is not only sane sounding it works. Most notably it works to remove more people from the misery of poverty than any form of state intervention has ever succeeded in doing.

It is a tragedy that most of the world lives in economic misery. There are many causes for this and none of them come from free market activity. Major causes are protectionism by the rich nations and the maintenance in power of murderous, thieving dictatorships by international aid schemes and NGO's. It is actually the mega rich, like Gates and Buffett, who are doing most to alleviate 3rd world misery through their well run charities.

Obviously there is much that we could debate, but perhaps a poetry site is not the best place to do it. Can you separate art from the artist? No, probably not. That sometimes troubles me when I know of the racism, sexism and bigotry of the poets whose work I admire. Life isn't easy. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to challenge my views or put anything to me.

Comment is about Malpoet (Poet profile)

Tue 6th Nov 2007 01:10

its lovely, perfect in every way.

Comment is about almost empty (blog)

Tue 6th Nov 2007 00:59

na your no prat and its not your fault that I havent a clue about tech terms on poetry.I would love to know what it is, if you ever have the time to explain. thanks

Comment is about Stallion (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Mon 5th Nov 2007 09:08

Sorry. Last verse but one. I will try to speak English in future and avoid being a prat.

Comment is about Stallion (blog)

Mon 5th Nov 2007 03:10

well malcolm, thanks for the cool story. I would have never noticed it, not sure what a penultimate stanza is.thanks

Comment is about Stallion (blog)

Sophie McKeand

Sun 4th Nov 2007 23:04

hmmm... mr malpoet whilst i may love some of your poetry, your philosophical and political perspectives leave me somewhat cold... and possibly starving if i am not lucky enough to be one of the few that benefits from the free market economy to which you hold so dear! is it possible to read the art without taking into account the poets own viewpoints? i'm not sure... now that i have followed your links i am decidedly unhappy :-(
mises.org is scary and worryingly sane sounding in my humble opinion... do you seek the end of the world? or is it simply that you have no care for those who do not fit your own brand of market economy, for example, the other three quarters of the population of this Earth upon which we all briefly live...
when i look at your website the first thing that i notice is the 'click throughs' to gambling websites, is money more important to you than your art? it certainly seems to be the case...
but hey, what do i know, i am just a flip flop wearing liberal with too much time on my hands - go fill your boots and the rest be damned!

Comment is about Malpoet (Poet profile)

julian

Sun 4th Nov 2007 16:21

A fabulous poem, Morag. Some great lines in it, my favourites being:
Woman growing, woman stretching,
Through the shiny skin of girl

the woman growing through the girl is such a fantastic image

and

Through my blood new life is flowing,
Through my veins all futures pass.

the role of women in continuing the species is write small but understand large, in these two lines.

Though one line does not scan, for me:
So may taint me, saint, paint me,

I feel there is a syllable missing. But perhaps I am wrong?

Thank you for such a fabulous poem.

Julian

Comment is about Woman (article)

Malcolm Saunders

Sun 4th Nov 2007 11:17

Thanks very much Clarissa.This is an account of an actual event. Travellers put their horses into a field next to a house I used to live in. They were there for some time and we enjoyed their presence. When the stallion was delivered one day everything changed. and it was pretty much as I describe in the poem.

Sorry I have noticed a typo. It should say 'crunching' in the last line of the penultimate stanza.

Comment is about Stallion (blog)

Sun 4th Nov 2007 02:30

i was in a car accident today, not feeling well. im ok just very tired have to work sunday on matthews b-day.

Comment is about vivianes section (blog)

Sat 3rd Nov 2007 15:24

wow, its really very good. the ending took me by surprise. thanks

Comment is about Stallion (blog)

Pete Crompton

Sat 3rd Nov 2007 11:55

oops i posted the wrong audio link!!

No its not auto biog apart from Miss Davies who was my crush at school!

Comment is about vivianes section (blog)

Sat 3rd Nov 2007 04:38

you know what? You read very well, its like listening to a show, very animanted, wish I was as good as you are. good job on that audio!

Comment is about vivianes section (blog)

Sat 3rd Nov 2007 03:35

well thats a different poem on audio, its called come along dear, its interesting, seems like a convo between to people that are kinda rude to eachother, reminds me a little of my grandparents, except naught, and they never were naughty, its amazing they had any kids! its a good poem, just hope its not real for you.

Comment is about vivianes section (blog)

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 18:39

nice poems

Comment is about Anna Percy (Poet profile)

Original item by Anna Percy

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 18:35

wonderful poems!

Comment is about Morag Reid (Poet profile)

Original item by Morag Reid

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 18:28

these are great poems, thanks so much

Comment is about John Kerr (Poet profile)

Original item by John Kerr

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 18:22

thats a very nice poem

Comment is about Chuka Nnanna Okeke (Poet profile)

Original item by Chuka Nnanna Okeke

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 17:36

this is an amazing poem about the testing done on animals in the name of science and product safty for humans. It burns me to the core that they do this, I do the best that I can NOT to purchase products that are tested on animals. They do the most stupid things like spray mouth wash in their eyes, of course it hurtsand would harm a human, however if your stupid enough as a human to get it in your eyes then...well, must be retarded. ah great job!

Comment is about vivianes section (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 16:37

Merci mesdames. Viva les vivre, lament pas les morts. N'est ce pas.

Comment is about Springtime (blog)

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 13:24

this is a very nice poem,I enjoyed reading it, thanks

Comment is about Springtime (blog)

Moxy Casimir

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 13:24

Aperitifs-a-Plenty and the recrudescence of decency to intellectual joy to you! You are an harlequin with a wooden ruff which people mistake for a picnic table, spreading their molecular gastronomic foams like sterile cuckoo spit across it. Hey, but they're the kind of people who can find Nature in an upturned tub of generic curry powder, so what the hell! Lord-a-bless thee for thy beautifully conditioned, cask-matured words!

Comment is about Malpoet (Poet profile)

Moxy Casimir

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 12:35

Je suis tres triste pour les frogs. Zut alors, les mauvais autres qui mange les petits bebes. Je regarde les frogs avec joie. Pauvre, pauvre petit betes! Je parle Manglaisfrancurdle. Oui? Bien sur je do just that.
Fantastique, Malpoet!

Comment is about Springtime (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 09:40

Sophie McKeand

Thu 1st Nov 2007 21:51

oh god here i go again... totally loved it... you have really upped your game in your delivery style pete.. and it shows. i think that you do subtle understatement really well, and because your poems are so full of emotion working with them in this way adds a whole new dimension to the poem. Loved the photography too, Andy's always off doing the 'urban decay photography' thing, it's amazing what you can find in a dodgy old building!

Comment is about Getting Old - A Poem (blog)

Sophie McKeand

Thu 1st Nov 2007 21:47

Comment is about Getting Old - A Poem (blog)

Thu 1st Nov 2007 17:21

I think the poems are very good, thanks

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Malcolm Saunders

Thu 1st Nov 2007 08:49

Thanks Clarissa. This vile crime has never left my mind. I know there are awful murders all the time, but this was particularly sadistic.

Comment is about Slaughter in Jasper (blog)

Thu 1st Nov 2007 01:58

that was a very sad day, stupid people are every place, great poem

Comment is about Slaughter in Jasper (blog)

paul

Wed 31st Oct 2007 11:44

Videos is the first phase in what promises to be some thing quite special

Comment is about (photo)

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 151 302 453 604 755 906 1057 1208 1359 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 Next -->