clarissa mckone

Sun 6th Jan 2008 06:11

HI Zuzanna, boy thats a crazy dream. I tell you the Moon has sway over us all in some way.I have had some dreams over and over, makes you wonder if there is some meaning to them at times.

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Sun 6th Jan 2008 05:46

This is fantastic poem and would be great for the Children story book. Great write Malpoet!

Zuzanna

Comment is about Ali (blog)

Pete Crompton

Sat 5th Jan 2008 23:26

HI Clarissa - Happy New Year

Comment is about (Poet profile)

clarissa mckone

Sat 5th Jan 2008 14:45

Phil, this is really nice. good work!

Comment is about Loves Lies Bleeding (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Malcolm Saunders

Fri 4th Jan 2008 10:11

Thanks Moxy, just getting the cart hell out of the garage now and I'm off. The screaming and suppurating wretches will probably have fallen off it by whitsun so I shouldn't disgrace the proceedings too much.

That last stanza Sophie. There are different degrees of left or right preference. I am one of those who is overwhelmingly so. I am not a particularly well coordinated person and I couldn't write anything right handedly to save my life. The truth is that I can't write very well with my left hand which is part of why I am so much more at home with a keyboard. (There is very little bird seed in my keyboard).

Anyway, back to the point. With the brain displacing so much motor activity to a different location relative to a right handed person I believe, and there is growing research evidence to support it, that other brain functions such as speech, language, imagination and hand-eye coordination are developed in different brain areas than they are in right handed people.

Left handed people do not live quite as long as right handers. This could be due to a higher accident rate through living in a world in which implements are predominantly designed for dexters, but there is some evidence that there is more to it than that. We are probably inherently more clumsy as a consequence of inferior hand-eye coordination. So far as the use of speech and language is concerned, things are much more complicated. Overall, women tend to have greater articulacy than men, but left handedness seems to improve speech and language use, so for a male left hander there are some advantages to be had in the use of words.

Sorry to go on so much, but what the stanza means is that I consider the different arrangement of brain function for us sinisters results in some enrichment of society because by products of the different motor arrangements include creative and linguistic outcomes that would not otherwise be there.

Your grandad probably hoped that he would help you to fit in with the norm and make your life easier. It was a misguided view that has now mostly gone away I am pleased to say. The fact that about 10% of the population are left handed indicates that there is an evolutionary reason why it is not eradicated.

All of my wives are left handed, but we have only produced right handed children.

Comment is about A Lefty's Revenge (blog)

clarissa mckone

Fri 4th Jan 2008 02:10

HI Daniel,This is a nice little poem

Comment is about word play (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Lindsey

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 20:32

Comment is about Lindsey Ashton (Poet profile)

Original item by Lindsey Ashton

Sophie McKeand

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 20:05

my grandad was obsessed with me writing with my right hand even though i am left handed.. i just waited till he wasn't looking and switched.. what a pointless exercise!

Not sure about the last stanza though... am i reading your meaning there right? (ha no pun intended...)

Comment is about A Lefty's Revenge (blog)

Moxy Casimir

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 16:24

Long Live The Southpaws, the Sinisters! We Dexters are too plentiful. Wired straight into the fecund imagination is what you are. A rallying call of bsolute distinction, Mr Malpoet. You have won a free all year travel ticket for the Troika/Rickshaw Vladimir's Toc Toc Mobile Dacha Holy Sage Whitsun Wedding Cartel.

Comment is about A Lefty's Revenge (blog)

Kevin Connolly

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 15:54

I want to see more of your work, Mia! I'm having Mia Darlone withdrawal-symptoms... I need a hit, lol.

Comment is about Mia Darlone (Poet profile)

Original item by Mia Darlone

Moxy Casimir

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 10:50

Hello Sally, this is terrific! I have a liver fluke if that's any use to you and if the alchemical flute doesn't work out.

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 04:57

Clarissa~ I adore trees. All kind of trees. The bigger the most magnificent to look at! I love the Baobab... African trees that really provide a shelter for local people. I was amazing when looked at the pictures from Africa and the use of those particular trees. The picture attached to my write shows that particular tree.

Thank you for your sweet comment!

Zuzanna

Comment is about TREE - THE SYMBOL OF LIFE (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

clarissa mckone

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 00:38

Hi Zuzanna, nice poem, trees are so special!

Comment is about TREE - THE SYMBOL OF LIFE (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Malcolm Saunders

Wed 2nd Jan 2008 16:20

Your computer eats too much. I bet your bird is the skinniest around this Christmas.

The tee shirt is on its way to the utility room where it can hope to serve a decade or two cleaning windows, floors and things before exiting to the garage to become an oily rag. It will probably be doing service in this capacity after I have expired and gone to fertilise a rather beautiful prunus.

Fairly good value. I got it free as a piece of advertising. Mind you, all this disgusting overconsumption is contributing to a catastrophic end to the wrold. The sweat of its makers probably contributed horribly to global warming.

Comment is about A Good Age (blog)

Moxy Casimir

Wed 2nd Jan 2008 14:30

Missed the 'g' from 'gonzo' due to birdseed under keyboard.

Comment is about A Good Age (blog)

Moxy Casimir

Wed 2nd Jan 2008 12:07

Doh! A fitting (one size fits all?) epilogue for the Gozo life of a Hunteresque Tee shirt. 'Hope I fade before I grow old.' Fairtrade to you, sir. Has it gone for recycling by way of shoddy or household utility rag? The seven ages of man hypered and condensed and analogied -- Tee-rrific!

Comment is about A Good Age (blog)

clarissa mckone

Wed 2nd Jan 2008 05:22

Very nice Phil ! This has a ring to it. I understand in a way I have 3 teenagers. I told mine years ago, I dont have any so dont ask. great poem

Comment is about ‘ing (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

David Franks

Tue 1st Jan 2008 19:44

Thanks, Ricardo: and, if it's okay, I'll respond with another (introductory) peom from my collection walkaboutsverse.741.com -

Poem 3 of 230: PICTURES

Photographs and, more so, painted-
Pictures of people and places,
For ends, involve in some cases
Adjustment of what was gathered.

With restrained artistic licence,
To make metre and rhyme with sense,
All matters related here -
Save the love-songs, to be clear -
Did happen to me, no fear,
And time-ordered they appear.

(C) David Franks 2003

Comment is about David Franks: Walkabouts Verse (Poet profile)

Original item by David Franks: Walkabouts Verse

David Morgan

Tue 1st Jan 2008 16:20

Nice one Phil, keep staggering along there with the rest of us whose only excuse is alcoholic excess, hope you get from a to z in 2008.

Dave

Comment is about Controlled by my Feet (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Belinda Johnston

Tue 1st Jan 2008 14:39

Hi Allan,

I do remember you from the Greenroom at the freed up night. Thankyou for your kind words regarding my performance. I would like to gain more experience by attending more poetry events and to meet other writers.

I have been away travelling in Japan but I'm back now. I also enjoyed your performance at the Greenroom.

Best wishes for 2008

Belinda

Comment is about Allan Gray (the artist formerly known as Gordon Zola) (Poet profile)

Original item by Allan Gray (the artist formerly known as Gordon Zola)

Tue 1st Jan 2008 02:56

Hello, Phil - Fabulous job!

Congratulations on the very first poem posted in a New Year 2008***

Zuzanna

Comment is about Controlled by my Feet (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Tue 1st Jan 2008 02:46

Hello Phil-Great take on a creative writing in this write. All is located in a BRAIN" You got this right!

"Thought proposed

Desire seconded

Walk from a to b

Motion carried

Brain commanded move"

Your muse is amazing!
GREAT WRITE!

Happy New Year 2008 !!!

Zuzanna Musial

Comment is about Controlled by my Feet (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

clarissa mckone

Mon 31st Dec 2007 20:29

Peter,As it is true, that its just the same old same old.The fireworks are pretty.I guess its the old romantic in me, that would love to go out for dinner and dancing, then home with the one I love to ring in the new year away from crowds and loud people.It may never happen. good poem

Comment is about A something New Year (blog)

Mon 31st Dec 2007 20:02

Pete~ How brilliant of you to describe the trueness of the New Year exposition. The fireworks, the fear etc...I do respect the old song though...The "Auld Lang Syne"

GREAT POEM!!!

Happy New Year 2008!!

Zuzanna

Comment is about A something New Year (blog)

Mon 31st Dec 2007 18:55

Dave, it is me again reading your awesome poems!

I love the imagination-how you implemented the knowledge about punctuation marks and other grammatical errors'

"Grammatical Errors

Placed on a section and pressed between these four walls,
wrote off and unpunctuated and covered in black and blue.
From waged hands I’m carelessly portrayed
disrespected and stamped with dark brown coffee stains.

A trademark that left a bad taste
I manifest on the page as a question mark
hooked and hanging,
like the misplaced apostrophes;
I’ve lost my sense of belonging."

I found that those punctuation marks are very important, especially when someone does the recording for a specific write. This poem has a great educational values.

GREAT WRITE!!

Happy New Year 2008!

I will be interested to read more of poems...Zuzanna

Comment is about Dave Stannage (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Stannage

Mon 31st Dec 2007 18:47

Hello Dave

When I came to your Biography page, I have learned more about your motifs and the ideas why you love writing. I must admit that I have been employed in Rehabilitation Institution for over twenty years. I guess this will be the outlet for taking the mind off from the daily grind if someone has to deal with other people health issues. I found your writing very interesting. Your poetry is very easy to understand.

The poem -- "Lightness"

It was all black and bleakness until the Greek man boarded,
he must have been twenty five stone plus.
My friend and I helped him with his suitcase
as he wrestled with his breath."

This wonderful write has a depth of a traveler a someone who is not sure what he will encounter in a new place. Then the delicious description of a wonderful Greek food, cheeses...etc...
I love this type of poetry.

Great presentation and pleasant to read.
You have done an excellent job on that Poem!!

Zuzanna Musial

Comment is about Dave Stannage (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Stannage

clarissa mckone

Mon 31st Dec 2007 18:03

Malcom, this is very nice, and brings back memorys of family. I have been there. thanks

Comment is about Cardiac Ward (blog)

Val Cook

Mon 31st Dec 2007 12:35

I like this poem Nick,it stirs up so many images.`Rain nattering at the tear stained glass.` Yes it does natter at times,you captured that alright. I`m sure I will enjoy reading this poem again. What`s a Ham house Nick?

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Mon 31st Dec 2007 08:47

Dear Miss Clarissa

Thank you for the information as well as the link. I will check her site.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!!!

Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

clarissa mckone

Mon 31st Dec 2007 02:51

HI Zuzanna, I thought I would tell you about a singer you may like her name is Loreena McKennitt, I have been inspired many times by her music. Happy New Year clarissa

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

David Morgan

Sun 30th Dec 2007 22:03

Hello Ven, just browsing through the site and came upon your poems which I like very much, interesting mix but very accessible to someone who struggles with the abstract. Put some more up please.

Dave

Comment is about Ven (Poet profile)

Original item by Ven

David Morgan

Sun 30th Dec 2007 21:51

Arthur,allow me to call you a poet if you can't call yourself one, ah those sleepless thinking nights, how well we know them generally less down to women these days than dyspepsia and the fortunes of Bolton Wanderers. Keep writing, love to read more.

Dave

Comment is about Arthur Matthew (Poet profile)

Original item by Arthur Matthew

Sun 30th Dec 2007 03:51

Hello Lady Melissa

I am very pleased meeting you.
Thank you for the New Year Wishes.

I wish you too -Wonderful
and Prosperous New Year 2008!!

Zuzanna

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Melanie Rees

Sat 29th Dec 2007 13:54

Hi Belinda

Welcome back!!! Gorgeous photograph. I have to say that I went weak at the knees reading 'scene from my window'...profound and beautiful.

Mel x

Comment is about Belinda (Poet profile)

Original item by Belinda

Sat 29th Dec 2007 10:48

Hello Philip

Thank you for your great comment on my poem. This one was actually based on a real Internet romance that ended in a wonderful relationship.
Today fast pace life leads people to seek easier way to meet another. Internet became a decent place for meeting but both genders need to take the option of dating through this media more seriously. All is possible...

I have not been writing Novels yet but you actually prompt the idea that I might start thinking of it.

Thank you again and please do not feel guilty as I am very understanding woman. I love poetry and read many a day.

I see that you are a romantic man and the poems or other romantic story would be something to please you when was well written.

Zuzanna

Comment is about EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Sat 29th Dec 2007 10:39

Malcolm~ The picture in your poem again is very well described! The Moon shows the fazes slowly through your write.

"That lunar lady though!
Always sickly,
she wastes.
I have seen her reclining.
So thin,
as if she might disappear.

Next thing you know,
she is all bloated.
Lolling about.
Same pallor.
Same shadowed complexion,
but fat."

Your comparison to a sickly lady that really makes me thing about your hidden thoughts and your way of writing. led slowly into deep thinking what you the writer wanted to conwey to a reader.

I must say you are VERY CREATIVE!

Thank you for another great poem...Zuzanna

Comment is about I Saw The Moon At Lunchtime (blog)

Sat 29th Dec 2007 10:31

Hello Malcolm

I love bulls too. They are proud animals. They seems not to be afraid of anything. In case of sensing danger they begin to charge. I have seen this in my life but few times. My favorite animals are German shepherd Dogs and Horses. Those are my favorite. Thought will share this with you since we are both animal lovers.

Thank you for the wishes. Hoping for a wonderful and Peaceful year around the World.

Sincerely, Zuzanna

Comment is about Bully (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Sat 29th Dec 2007 10:12

Happy New Year to you Zuzanna. I really do love bulls. They are magnificant and I was really pleased to see this one making his own decisions.

The jerks who kill bulls in the bull ring in an orgy of power, sex and violence are beneath contempt. I would like to see my bull's horn right up the arse of some cocky, preening matador. Might be a nother poem there.

Comment is about Bully (blog)

Philip Golding

Sat 29th Dec 2007 09:12

I am guilty of not reading your wonderful work before now.

This piece blew me away and is so inspirational. Do you write romantic novels? If you dont you should.

I will be reading more

Comment is about EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

clarissa mckone

Sat 29th Dec 2007 03:50

Phil, this is very nice!

Comment is about Emotions to Distant Shore (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Sat 29th Dec 2007 03:35

Lady Melissa~

The other sample is also fantastic the 'Under the Sun'
It shows your writes come from your heart and soul!!

It is real pleasure meeting you.Looking forward to ore of your writes.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!!

Zuzanna

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Sat 29th Dec 2007 03:32

Dear Lady Melissa~ You have great Imagination in writing and I like your style. Your descriptive words paint the picture from your write quite clear!

"Remains of dreams
cling to me
as my body begs to sleep more,
but my thoughts are entangled,
a spider-web across my eyes. "

GREAT WORK!!!

Zuzanna Musial

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Sat 29th Dec 2007 03:26

Phil- This entire poem is really great you have placed a lot of metamorphosis in this piece and I loved the comparison of a single naked letter
to a white virgin page.-- this is so creative and lovely.

"A single letter is as naked and vulnerable as the virgin white page

The thrust of sentiment comes from the streams that forge the channel

Could it be the start of lover’s dreams to slip letters between sheets?"

Thank you for another great read!

Happy New Year 2008!!

Zuzanna Musial

Comment is about Emotions to Distant Shore (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Sat 29th Dec 2007 03:18

Hello Malpoet~ I love this write! My thought went immediately to Spain thinking of those Bulls they are being used for the Corrida'- I am sure it is almost the right name for this particular sport or Festival over there in Neigbouring country. But your IMAGINATION was even better when you mentioned that he was looking for cows...Smile

"The great ring in your nose
by which your mighty strength
had been controlled,
was now a bold piece of jewellery
setting off the beauty
of your face."

This stanza is fabulous!!
Today even people were this type of jewelry in their pierced nose. Kind opf interesting how your description here fits the decoration on this Bull face...Great metamorphosis !

Thank you for the great read.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!!

Zuzanna Musial

Comment is about Bully (blog)

Sat 29th Dec 2007 03:03

Darren Thomas~ Your words of wisdom touched my heart! Yes there are more writers that shall expose their creative work. I am sure we will have them coming here soon. This site is wonderful. Nice meeting you. Looking forward to read more of your poems or articles.

Have a wonderful New Year 2008!!!

Zuzanna Musial

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Sat 29th Dec 2007 02:59

Dear Lady Clarissa~ Thank you for the warm comment on my writings!

Have a fabulous New Year 2008!!!!

I am looking forward to read more of your creative writes...Zuzanna

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Sat 29th Dec 2007 02:57

Hello Pete ~ Sorry for the late reply. It's great pleasure to be here with all the fabulous writers. Each and everyone has lots to offer.
Very lovely site indeed. Thank you for the warm welcome. Hope to read more of your writes in a future.

Have a Happy New Year 2008 !!

Zuzanna Musial

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Malcolm Saunders

Fri 28th Dec 2007 09:44

Thanks Zuzanna.

Hmm! No I don't think they used soap.

Comment is about Boring (blog)

clarissa mckone

Fri 28th Dec 2007 04:48

Malcom, Is this a soap opera?

Comment is about Boring (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 152 304 456 608 760 912 1064 1216 1368 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1510 1511 1512 Next -->