Thu 24th Sep 2009 18:25

I think you're hilarious. You like yanking strings to see how the puppet will flop.

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Thu 24th Sep 2009 18:22

On a par, perhaps, with 'Jesus wept'?

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Thu 24th Sep 2009 18:19

This is good, Bernie.
It is so heart-breaking to see that the grip of 'hell indoctrination' is never really thrown off by anyone caught when he/she was only a child. I'm understanding that you have actually succeeded. Is this 'flight' of your poem a literal one, such as a realistic plane ride to a war zone? Or a resurrected 'flight of fancy' taking you right back to your original childhood fears?

Comment is about Faithless (blog)

Thu 24th Sep 2009 18:07

Lovely poem, Anthony, with interesting imagery. I could see Steve's point; verse 2 is outstanding in its creative metaphors. But I did enjoy the whole effortless flow of words, rhythm and rhyme. Very catchy title.
It's great to see someone else willing to be 'unabashedly lyrical' also. I was thinking of you earlier today, and wondering if all was well. And here you are this afternoon.

Comment is about Beyond the Equinox (blog)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

John Darwin

Thu 24th Sep 2009 18:06

Wonderful. One very disturbing image in there though :-)

John

Comment is about The Waiting (blog)

Original item by John Togher

Neil West

Thu 24th Sep 2009 17:49

I agree that this is a difficult read, you've taken a subject I wouldn't be brave enough to tackle and handled it well.

Comment is about New poem: Joke Rape World (blog)

Thu 24th Sep 2009 17:44

A great presentation of that unique 'once in a lifetime second'. What a super way to say the almost inexpressible.

Comment is about Lizzie by night (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Thu 24th Sep 2009 17:34

Anything ...Anything that mentions Bill Hicks grabs my attention...I have read the first stanza and this message has been 'interrupted' Interesting...very...Hospital food has interrupted me...

Comment is about New poem: Joke Rape World (blog)

Thu 24th Sep 2009 14:55

...as I was saying!

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

John Darwin

Thu 24th Sep 2009 14:45

Nicky, thanks you for your comments on 'the daylight comes with me' and for taking the time to respond so thoughfully. Much appreciated. On the title and the same line within it - it is purely a sexual reference, the literal climax of the relationship between these people (whoever they may be :-)) as the daylight puts an end to their time alone. I am glad you enjoyed the poem.

Thanks
John

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

John Togher

Thu 24th Sep 2009 14:12

Cheers Mr Thomas. Shows how important spelling is, even though most who read it would have got the intended image. I suppose all stationery shops are stationary shops.

I'm quite fond of this poem and I'm not sure why, there's definitely something there, a narrative from a collection of lines, hints at a story, plenty of symbols; if anything it's a fun piece of throwing down lines and words which doesn't have to mean anything.

Comment is about The Waiting (blog)

Original item by John Togher

Isobel

Thu 24th Sep 2009 13:36

I'm not normally one to appreciate a nature poem but have to take my hat off to you Anthony - the poem is beautiful to read and to listen to. You would probably like me to criticise it - but I am never too good at that - just know what I like and what has obviously been grafted over.

Comment is about Beyond the Equinox (blog)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

Gus Jonsson

Thu 24th Sep 2009 13:35

I like this ...I like this a lot.

well done
Gusxx

Comment is about loving frieze (blog)

Janet

Thu 24th Sep 2009 12:04

Hi Yolande, there's a lot of truth in your poem and humour too. Would be great performed i think. All i can say is thank god i've never shagged a poet if this is what i can expect if we fall out. tee hee!

Janet.x

Comment is about Never Shag A Poet (blog)

Original item by Yolande

Janet

Thu 24th Sep 2009 11:55

Hi Andy, just want to say thanks for your positive comments on my work. I might not always agree with the changes you would make but i appreciate your thoughts and care when critiquing. Thanks again,

Janet.x

Comment is about Andy N (poet profile)

Original item by Andy N

Janet

Thu 24th Sep 2009 11:49

Hi Neil, you're welcome to my comments and thankyou for accepting my thoughts so graciously. Something i need to learn to do sometimes but i'm getting there. :-)

Thankyou also for your thoughts on 'A gentile river.' To be honest it was one of those poems which land in your lap and even i had no idea what it was about. The comments were interesting to read so i'm happy now that i posted it. Sometimes imagery is all that's needed and looking to find something else defeats the object of the exercise so to speak.

Janet.x

ps. as for mysterious, i don't think so but i'll take it as a compliment. Thankyou.

Comment is about Neil West (poet profile)

Original item by Neil West

Janet

Thu 24th Sep 2009 11:42

Hi Isobel, thanks for your comment on my poem ''A gentile river.'
To be honest i wasn't sure what it was about myself. It was one of those which came to me while relaxing with no actual intention to write anything. It was the day after it was written i looked at it again and i realized it has several things running through it. There might well be something of myself in there but if so it came from within and not consciously.
When i first read it back to myself i doubted i should even post it. Now i'm glad i did. The various comments helped me to see something else in my own work. I think it was just one of those poems which are meant to be shared for the sheer pleasure of the imagery.

Janet.x

Comment is about Isobel (poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Janet

Thu 24th Sep 2009 11:34

Hi Graham, thankyou for your comment on my poem 'A gentile river.'
I placed a further comment below the poem if you'd like to see my response. I appreciate your input.

Janet.x

Comment is about Graham Sherwood (poet profile)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Janet

Thu 24th Sep 2009 11:31

Hi Cynthia, thanks for your comment on my poem ' A gentile river.'
I've added a comment of my own to the comment box below the poem. To be honest i didn't understand your comment. Maybe you read something in it which was not intentional i don't know. Thankyou anyway. Your comments are always welcome.

Janet.x

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Janet

Thu 24th Sep 2009 10:59

You are a renegade but i like you.
Nice poem! Love the general kick-about feel to this. Created a lot of black and white imagery for me which i find original yet my image was of a school boy in short trousers with loose tie and grey shirt. A bit of a rebel.

Janet.x

Comment is about The Waiting (blog)

Original item by John Togher

John Darwin

Thu 24th Sep 2009 10:47

Hi Anthony, not usually taken with this subject matter but this reads beautifully, really enjoyed it.

thanks
John

Comment is about Beyond the Equinox (blog)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

Janet

Thu 24th Sep 2009 10:45

Hi Bernie, this struck a chord with me although i
think hell too is a someplace in your mind.
My auntie was brought up a strict catholic and loved her faith then somewhere along the line had experiences which made her question the teachings. After many discussions with her priest she left for a while. In later life she 'forgave' her god and made peace with 'him'.
I'm happy to say she died peacefully and her funeral was a full mass in the catholic church she had faith in then lost and found again.

Sorry. Is this a cathartic comment?
Your poem brought back some lovely memories and thoughtfulness to my day. Thankyou.
Janet.x

Comment is about Faithless (blog)

maipenrai

Thu 24th Sep 2009 09:46

Thanks Jeff.
Bernie

Comment is about I never said that it was easy. (blog)

Dave Bradley

Thu 24th Sep 2009 09:46

Sheer quality. Keats eat your heart out! In agreement with Gus and (as ever) entertained by Steve.

Comment is about Beyond the Equinox (blog)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

maipenrai

Thu 24th Sep 2009 09:44

agree with previous comments Janet.
good un.
Bernie

Comment is about No Title. (blog)

maipenrai

Thu 24th Sep 2009 09:43

I go along with the previous reviewers, good stuff mate.
Bernie

Comment is about The Waiting (blog)

Original item by John Togher

maipenrai

Thu 24th Sep 2009 09:41

loved this mate, good stuff.
Bernie

Comment is about Thank you for the music? An A to Z of schtick (blog)

maipenrai

Thu 24th Sep 2009 09:39

Good write Jessie.
Bernie

Comment is about This is me... Maybe (blog)

Original item by Jessie

maipenrai

Thu 24th Sep 2009 09:37

I'll make a blanket with your leaves.
what a good line that is, imagination could run with that line.
liked this Jessie.
Bernie

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Jessie

maipenrai

Thu 24th Sep 2009 09:35

Like this Neil, there again I am a bit of a romantic.
Bernie

Comment is about Et Vera Incessu Patuit Dea* (blog)

Original item by Neil West

darren thomas

Thu 24th Sep 2009 08:15

Once again Togher you hit the spot.As your poetry is suited to 'the page' the word 'stationary', in this context, is incorrect. Unless... it's a deliberate use?

Otherwise it's the other spelling 'stationery' - with an 'e'. I try to remember this by thinking that the 'e' represents 'envelopes'. Notwithstanding this minor infringement - I can already see this sitting inside another great collection.

Comment is about The Waiting (blog)

Original item by John Togher

Gus Jonsson

Thu 24th Sep 2009 07:55

Can't say enough ... wonderful, wonderful

Gus

Comment is about The Waiting (blog)

Original item by John Togher

Gus Jonsson

Thu 24th Sep 2009 07:48

Wank

come...

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Gus Jonsson

Thu 24th Sep 2009 07:47

Good Morning AE
A tale told a thousand times... this so illustrative... liken to a ornate victorian landscape painting, superb detail and imagery... well done , superb.
Gus

Comment is about Beyond the Equinox (blog)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

Alvin Guinessberg

Thu 24th Sep 2009 07:07

er nice one
love poems containing the word verdant

Comment is about Beyond the Equinox (blog)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

Nichola Burrows

Thu 24th Sep 2009 02:10

I stood by the barbed fencing of one many years ago Dave, as a teenager, the silence was eerie and disturbing.

Comment is about Reign Of Terror (blog)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Nichola Burrows

Thu 24th Sep 2009 02:02

Interesting. I can't say that I like it. A little bare and stark for my own personal taste. However, that does not mean that I do not appreciate it. From a totally subjective viewpoint it epitomises the frustration and insecurities that a peron has when trying to write about themselves. For some reason we are lost for words and for some insane reason we feel that we have to get it just right. For the fear of not being liked. I can associate with that. So maybe I do like it after all.

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Thu 24th Sep 2009 00:37

all comments are welcome............

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Neil West

Wed 23rd Sep 2009 23:15

Hi Graham. By coincidence (or perhaps subliminally) Lonfellow is one of my favourite poets. Tell me not in mournful numbers... is one of the few bits of poetry I carry ouround in my head from heart and never ceases to inspire me. Spooky?

Comment is about Graham Sherwood (poet profile)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Neil West

Wed 23rd Sep 2009 23:11

Hi Jessie. Your writing is so sensitive, that means a lot coming from you :)

Comment is about Jessie (poet profile)

Original item by Jessie

Neil West

Wed 23rd Sep 2009 23:08

Hi Jane, thank you for your positive comments, it means a lot, and there is a happy outcome, I'll post it soon (I'm practising suspense!). I'll also be better equipped for the school run now thanks to you!

Comment is about jane wilcock (poet profile)

Original item by jane wilcock

Isobel

Wed 23rd Sep 2009 22:57

Thanks for your support with WOLOP Jeff. The only problem will be wading our way through the very many blogs to choose a winner. I think it should be a more democratic competition though. A lot depends on how many people bother.... Look forward to seeing you at Tudor on Saturday. Izz xx

Comment is about Jeffarama! (poet profile)

Original item by Jeffarama!

Janet

Wed 23rd Sep 2009 22:19

Hi Nicky, thanks again for your lovely comments.
I enjoy the fact that you read and see something differently to some others although their comments are no less valued. :-)

I went to see a medium once who told me there was two children for me. Then he saw my face and said ''but that can be avoided.'' :-)
At the end of the day whatever we say is only ever accurate at the moment of the reading. People make their own choices when the given scenarios come about. It's often only then it is realized that the medium was right and the reading valid. It's the outcome which matters and is often blamed on the medium when it isn't what the recipient expected by way of interpretation. Any medium can only interpret an image as they see it. Pretty much like interpreting a poem one doesn't understand or relate to in any way shape or form. Sometimes it takes a little discussion between the medium and sitter to get it absolutely spot on just as a discussion between poet and reader creates a clearer understanding of a poem.
Occasionally a medium is naturally intuitive and intuitives just know. They don't need to be told anything to know they are making a connection with the sitter and can even produce astounding messages when answering a question asked by the sitter.
Hope this explains it a little but i can't explain any more about it here because it is a poetry site so if you wish to chat more about it you can email me any time. I promise i won't try to foretell your future. :-)

Janet.x

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Wed 23rd Sep 2009 21:31

John I don't really know why I like this. I like the idea of being jealous of laughter and throwing ink at the moon too. Really good work. The last four lines are superb.

Comment is about The Waiting (blog)

Original item by John Togher

Wed 23rd Sep 2009 21:28

This reads very well. I can see it from a daddy's angle too. Well done.

Comment is about This is me... Maybe (blog)

Original item by Jessie

Wed 23rd Sep 2009 21:25

This is in no way meant to be detrimental, but am I the only one who is hearing a Hiawatha tune when reading this. It is very elegantly written piece.

Comment is about Et Vera Incessu Patuit Dea* (blog)

Original item by Neil West

maipenrai

Wed 23rd Sep 2009 20:59

Thanks Mate, practice makes perfect !!!!! lol
Bernie

Comment is about It happened one night 2 (blog)

maipenrai

Wed 23rd Sep 2009 20:58

Glad you Liked it Cynthia.
Bernie

Comment is about It happened one night 2 (blog)

maipenrai

Wed 23rd Sep 2009 20:57

Thanks Antonionioni for your comments.
Bernie

Comment is about Curtains (blog)

maipenrai

Wed 23rd Sep 2009 20:56

Thanks Cynthia for your comments.
Bernie

Comment is about Curtains (blog)

◄ Prev 1 2 3 173 346 519 692 865 1038 1211 1384 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1557 1728 1729 1730 Next ►