Thu 5th Jul 2007 18:08

Hello Osi Ris Emperoar of Vitals, kith of Hermione Pringle and Ermintrude Prune -- blimey, a Hit Man. I hope he's pathologically off-topic. I removed the old work from my page this afternoon because I'm posting some new guff this evening: Valhallal Heights, A Manifesto should be up soonish. Oh yes, the silliness continues. Again, your poems on world events are a treat. And as for bras, well, all I can say is cuppa soup -- they should make them with famous grocery label prints. Long Live The Lord Of Image Nations!

Malcolm Saunders

Thu 5th Jul 2007 12:40

Nothing like a good mutual appreciation society. Agnew Bis and George Purpose have entered my world to join Hermione Pringle, Ermintrude Prune and others who have lived with me for many years. You create some beautiful imagery Moxy and I enjoy it enormously. Ever since the lovely Is Is found the final, vital part and completed my reassembly I have presided over the underworld peopled by heavy hearted feathery souls and the fig moments of the image nations. It is a beautiful place to be and I am its emporer (it is the very best of emporiums). Provided that Casimir was dead at the time, I expect to bump into him here soon. He's great.

Osi Ris

Thu 5th Jul 2007 11:31

Thank you for your lovely -- overwhelming -- comments, they really are appreciated. I am a huge fan of your work so am massively boosted and bolstered and blushed. Great thing the imagination, isn't it? I should say so! Joy To Your World Mr Carnival!

Thomas Dee

Tue 3rd Jul 2007 21:19

Julian - yes, it is I. Thank you so much for your comments, every word is appreciated. I'm relatively new to poetry and only since my time spent at College have I become more aware of its significance. The performance aspect is not something that I ever thought about until I discovered your site. I go to Manchester University in September and will relish the time spent picking the bones out of this wonderful language of ours. Write out Loud is a format that you should be truly proud of.Thanks again

Comment is about Julian Jordon (Poet profile)

Original item by Julian Jordon

Lenford White

Mon 2nd Jul 2007 08:58

Comment is about Lenford White (Poet profile)

Original item by Lenford White

Abi

Sun 1st Jul 2007 23:07

your poems are always a pleasure to hear, delightful, they take me back to a parallel world where in Nigeria, my parents used to talk of the old times, i hear your words and those old stories come alive again and take flight in my mind

Comment is about John Mather (Poet profile)

Original item by John Mather

Abi

Sun 1st Jul 2007 22:58

hey Hills, please come out of 'retirement' and give us all that lovely poems again. You are sorely missed! Abi

Comment is about Hilary Walker (Poet profile)

Original item by Hilary Walker

Thomas Dee

Sun 1st Jul 2007 16:41

As they say in Wigan, "Or reet". I thought it may be more appropriate to send you a less public reply than one posted on a discussion forum. My current profile is 'Darren Thomas', but when I joined WoL it was Thomas Dee. The former is my true tag and I decided not to stand in a world of smoke and mirrors enveloped in a persona that is not tangible. We have spoke Pete, at The Howcroft, albeit briefly I remember complimenting you on your work. It was only my second visit to a poetry group performance. I did the version of a taped police Interview. 'Fuck Chance, fuck opportunity etc..' That doesn't sound too poetic, but in context I believe that it did. Incidentally, I don't have a son and have only become seriously involved in poetry during the last twelve months or so, although I have been writing for 15 years. I have read most of the profiles and examples of work on the site and both 'Moxy's' contribution and yours I truly enjoy. Keep on...
Darren 'Thomas Dee' Thomas

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Sun 1st Jul 2007 14:53

Good luck today with Cath's play in Hebden Bridge! May you have an attentive, thoughtful audience. Best Wishes, Moxy

Comment is about Julian Jordon (Poet profile)

Original item by Julian Jordon

Sun 1st Jul 2007 14:51

Good luck today at Hebden Bridge. I know you will give an inspired, formidable and moving performance. Best Wishes, Moxy

Comment is about Abi (Poet profile)

Original item by Abi

Sun 1st Jul 2007 14:48

Congratulations on having your play 'Does He Take Sugar?' staged at Hebden Bridge today. It sounds very powerful and potent and thought provoking. I am really sorry not to be able to come and see it. Best Wishes, Moxy

Comment is about Cath Nichols (Poet profile)

Original item by Cath Nichols

Malcolm Saunders

Wed 27th Jun 2007 18:44

I'm a carny. Us carnivals have the best diet.

paul

Tue 26th Jun 2007 02:08

Hi Andy
Welcome to the site - how was Glastonbury? Why don't you post a gig review in discussions so we can all imagine we've been there
Cheers
Paul Blackburn

Comment is about Andy Craven-Griffiths (Poet profile)

Original item by Andy Craven-Griffiths

Mon 25th Jun 2007 06:26

Can't you just tell I'm a veggie? 'Pepperomi?' Pepperoni is the correct word for collective animal corpses in extruded form. Aye me. I weep for them all.

Sun 24th Jun 2007 20:52

Wonderful! Powerful, original, humane.

Comment is about MzMIlly (Poet profile)

Original item by MzMIlly

Sun 24th Jun 2007 20:13

Prayer sheets as in fajita wraps? Bread of heaven with pious filling? Pious pie and mushy peace that passeth all understanding? Wine turned into balsamic vinegar? Dijon Warwick mustard?Salvation Barmy and Sergeant Pepperomi? Thy soul is ketchup in the squirt body of an imp.

Sun 24th Jun 2007 16:42

Doin' Moon was AMAZING! All power to your beguilingly fluent cello and your fluently beguiling poetry!

Comment is about Anwen Lewis (Poet profile)

Original item by Anwen Lewis

Sun 24th Jun 2007 16:38

Hello Shaun! Fab poet and Mighty Music Maestro, Supreme Songwriter, and James Brown On Wheels of Fire!

Comment is about Shaun Fallows (Poet profile)

Original item by Shaun Fallows

Sun 24th Jun 2007 16:35

Congratulations on your M.A.! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Comment is about Abi (Poet profile)

Original item by Abi

Malcolm Saunders

Sun 24th Jun 2007 08:58

A lesson to all those who pray. You will be eaten. I will provide prayer sheets and suitable condiments for self administration to all those who wish to pray to me.

Ricardo Reis

Sat 23rd Jun 2007 18:29

All hail to Halifaxian Cayn! May your quest go on, and on again!

Comment is about Cayn White (Poet profile)

Original item by Cayn White

Sat 23rd Jun 2007 13:25

Sock Eye Salmon prayed to Mammon, Mammon simply ate the salmon. Ate it with some cheese and jam on, Mayonnaise, a twist of lemon. Hiawatha started coughing, Coughing from the solar plexus, when you cough your nose it makes stuff, blow your nose you noisy cougher, otherwise you simply vex us, see a hankie's in the offing, put aside for 'Watha's coughing. I think that calls for Dogspots all round.

Malcolm Saunders

Sat 23rd Jun 2007 11:26

Hell and damnation on all those pamnations who set off to stud with sick Su. Pretty, proud Palmandas knock spots off salamanders and sweep the bored
before them in their wake.

Mon 18th Jun 2007 11:25

You might end up a Pamnation instead -- what if they entered your for Crufts and a breeding programme with Su from Sooty and Sweep?

Malcolm Saunders

Mon 18th Jun 2007 10:23

Yes I'd like to be a dalmanda. Everybody would love me and give me bambones.

Sun 17th Jun 2007 21:17

Well, be careful what you wish for! Rain like Dalmation markings! Or Panda eyepatches!

Malcolm Saunders

Sun 17th Jun 2007 20:40

I want a dogspot

julian

Sun 17th Jun 2007 15:19

It is a sensual piece, isn't it? Nature red-raw in bed and garden?
Not a superfluous word in it, all add to the whole. It is quite tactile, hard almost in places.
And the directness of this phrase: The word that cleans her like water. Superb.
Thank you.

Comment is about Green Man (article)

Sun 17th Jun 2007 14:23

I meant 'arial' -- I believe the other is a washing powder, also available in liquid form. Or is it the tusks/antlers whereon the television signal is impaled? Or is it simply a typo? Blood group typo?

Sun 17th Jun 2007 12:15

Oh you do, do you? Well, as it happens, there's a consequence to Times 12 point cloud seeding procedures. 12 point makes for the larger kind of raindrop -- the terrifying DOGSPOT. Do you really want DOGSPOTS?
Mary Quantum's friend, Norris Neutrino, suggests you try the new ghost particle/quark epilator. It dispenses with the need for barbers and shaolin foam.

Malcolm Saunders

Sun 17th Jun 2007 11:37

I insist on Times 12 point.

Sun 17th Jun 2007 11:10

I bring but gentle head-butting pandas and parrots to nudge your tucker bag into the billabong. No martial arts make-up artistes, or postal fleas -- my adhesive letters have been sent into a cloud around which water droplets will condense so you will have a falling, cacophanous alphabet in ariel 8 point whilst other mortals have pitter patter raindrops, little grasshopper.

Rachael Durrant

Fri 15th Jun 2007 23:37

Thank you for writing this poem. It's freshness balances the heady perfume of it's sensuality. The play of gender, nature, culture, the snatches of scene, bed and garden have just woven a welcome thread of serendipity into my evening. At a very hard time in my life I am gracious for receiving such treasures!

Comment is about Green Man (article)

Wed 13th Jun 2007 12:39

Hello Cayn. You are truly the Heir of Atilla The Stockbroker, and an original voice in your own right (write?)! All power to your Muse!

Comment is about Cayn White (Poet profile)

Original item by Cayn White

julian

Tue 12th Jun 2007 13:01

How downright rude of you all to comment on my Daguerrotype in this fashion! I simply post my image as a warning to all young people, about the dangers of the twin evils of Sarsaparilla and Sherbet Fountains, and their effects on our skin as we age.

Comment is about Julian Jordon (Poet profile)

Original item by Julian Jordon

Tue 12th Jun 2007 09:46

Are you lying down on paper while someone draws round you? Or waiting to have your head wrapped in paper? Or trying a bit of psychic printing where the words seep out of the back of your skull in deepest lilac ink? Or is your aura rectangular and in several parts? Whatever the answer, it's a lovely pic.

Comment is about Julian Jordon (Poet profile)

Original item by Julian Jordon

A Daftie

Sat 9th Jun 2007 00:38

Much better and more relaxed photo - not like the last one where it looked like someone had stuck an enormous cucumber up your arse! lol

Comment is about Julian Jordon (Poet profile)

Original item by Julian Jordon

Ricardo Reis

Mon 4th Jun 2007 17:48

Oh yis, this is the bis. Love the wit and the wily rhymes. May you go on and on!
r r

Comment is about Danny Chivers (Poet profile)

Original item by Danny Chivers

Sun 3rd Jun 2007 10:44

Is that flower for me? I like daffs.

Comment is about Alabaster DePlume (Poet profile)

Original item by Alabaster DePlume

Sun 3rd Jun 2007 10:43

Hail to thee oh Pale Warrior of Words and Wonders!

Comment is about Alabaster DePlume (Poet profile)

Original item by Alabaster DePlume

Sun 3rd Jun 2007 10:12

Your poems, your word play, your ideas.... are brilliant and so very funny. Thank you.

Comment is about Dave Makin (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Makin

Sun 3rd Jun 2007 10:05

Mr Jordon is a very funny testing poet. He is the test pilot for new metrical forms. They strap him in and fire him at the barriers errected against poetry by the cruel world. He bursts through, humming.

Comment is about Julian Jordon (Poet profile)

Original item by Julian Jordon

paul

Thu 31st May 2007 19:42

Hope you can get your blog working OK - let me know
paul@writeoutloud.net

Comment is about Cayn White (Poet profile)

Original item by Cayn White

julian

Tue 29th May 2007 15:09

I think this poem should be banned from these pages. It is cruel and heartless and could traumatise children of all ages. Noddy may not have been literature, but it is a useful reminder of an age when everyone knew their place, a time of decency and fair play. When there was no racial tension. By the way, how come Golly gets no mention?
Tun Bridge of Disgusting Wells

Comment is about Nat Clare (Poet profile)

Original item by Nat Clare

michael

Sun 27th May 2007 18:51

Funny, very funny!

Comment is about Julian Jordon (Poet profile)

Original item by Julian Jordon

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 145 290 435 580 725 870 1015 1160 1305 1439 1440 1441