Chris Dawson

Thu 8th Oct 2009 11:18

Like this very much. Enjoying your other contributions too. Well done.
Cx

Comment is about A one night stanza (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Marianne Louise Daniels

Thu 8th Oct 2009 11:13

Wow!

Comment is about Six-fifteen on a Rainy Evening (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Chris Dawson

Thu 8th Oct 2009 11:04

Love this. Beautifully captures one of those moments when you find yourself stunned by something about someone you love.
Cx

Comment is about Six-fifteen on a Rainy Evening (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Janet

Thu 8th Oct 2009 11:03

The rustling of pages does it for me. :-)

Janet.x

Comment is about Considering Others (blog)

Original item by Richard Bergman

Janet

Thu 8th Oct 2009 10:57

Someone once said to me that if you are upside down you are ok. It made perfect sense to me at the time and so does your poem Yosh.

Janet.x

Comment is about ARE WE ALREADY DEAD?.... (blog)

Janet

Thu 8th Oct 2009 10:52

I must be a geriatric too then 'cos i enjoy the odd game of bingo. :-)
I also make the excuse it's to keep my mum happy.

Janet.x

Comment is about Two Larger Than Life Ladies (blog)

Original item by Richard Bergman

Janet

Thu 8th Oct 2009 10:50

It was a difficult choice. I agree though, a worthy winning poem for September.

It's a shame more poets didn't vote but in all honesty, if you look at how many poets actually post blogs, it is a true reflection for this section of WOL. (in my humble opinion.) :-)

Janet.x

Comment is about Write Out Loud Outstanding Poem of the Month - September (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Janet

Thu 8th Oct 2009 10:46

Very wise words Mr Mellor.
Hope you weren't too disappointed. :-)

Janet.x

Comment is about Dad Says (blog)

Janet

Thu 8th Oct 2009 10:44

Oh yes you can!

sorry, couldn't resist it Nicky. I've discovered silence can be both beautiful and depressing depending on the mood one is in of course.

l like the poem.
Janet.x

Comment is about Silence (blog)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Janet

Thu 8th Oct 2009 10:41

Hi Jessie, this did it for me.Affected me too. Depression is a difficult subject to tackle and not be depressing in the reading. I think you managed it really well here.Janet.x

Comment is about Living in Depression (blog)

Original item by Jessie

Janet

Thu 8th Oct 2009 10:38

Hi Yosh, nice to see you posting again.
Are you still blogging from mobile phone?

I enjoyed this read and your other recent posts are great too. I've missed your words.

Janet.x

Comment is about POETRY FREESTYLE..... (blog)

winston plowes

Thu 8th Oct 2009 10:02

Hi Jessie.. For me there was a bit too much rhyming in this one which made it sound a little less shallow than I think you intended (just my view of course) BUT the knockout blow came at the end. Was just about to write pretty much the same words as John's last comment! so he has done it for me. Once they've looped the rope" Stunning line. Safe journey, Win

Comment is about Living in Depression (blog)

Original item by Jessie

winston plowes

Thu 8th Oct 2009 09:58

Crickey thisis strong heartfelt stuff. really liked it. there is a contradiction between the rare times we go to a church (weddings / funerals) and our everyday lack of faith. And also between the mock sincerity and genuine greiving of friends and "family" at funerals. I have experienced this and it comes across powerfully in your piece. Win

Comment is about YOU WON IN THE END.... (blog)

winston plowes

Thu 8th Oct 2009 09:51

Take a deep breath and off we go... interesting (for me) to see what this would be like in a different layout. May be more poetic / accessible? Win

Comment is about POETRY FREESTYLE..... (blog)

John Darwin

Thu 8th Oct 2009 09:50

Jessie, this affected me. The last 4 lines are very powerful.

thanks
John

Comment is about Living in Depression (blog)

Original item by Jessie

John Aikman

Thu 8th Oct 2009 06:06

myspace is breathtaking. Thank you.

Jx

Comment is about Anthony Emmerson (poet profile)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

Wed 7th Oct 2009 23:22

Comment is about Past - Time (blog)

Original item by Richard Bergman

michael shepherd

Wed 7th Oct 2009 22:28

Ta-ke it slow-ly,as we say in
Chicks' Own..'Enthusiasm' is from the Greek for 'the god within', I was delighted to discover.. and everyone knows that feeling when it stirs.. so it neatly sidesteps religion etc..

Comment is about Enthusiasm (blog)

Original item by michael shepherd

Isobel

Wed 7th Oct 2009 22:20

I love your tongue in cheek humour Steve - it is uplifting. My old dad used to say the following:
'When life's great scorer
Comes to write against my name
He'll mark not if I lost or won
But how I played the game'

I wish we could have put it on his headstone but there wasn't room - we tend to squash them in, in our family - there are just too many of us.

So glad to see that you are gracious in defeat - I hope that you will keep on entertaining us with you poetry though. How did it go in Hebden?
x

Comment is about Dad Says (blog)

Richard Bergman

Wed 7th Oct 2009 22:14

Hi Cynthia. Yes, I used to take my 'gran for a gin and a game at the Mecca in Camden. The title is a play on the term "two fat ladies".

best r.b.

Comment is about Two Larger Than Life Ladies (blog)

Original item by Richard Bergman

Yolande

Wed 7th Oct 2009 21:35

Hi John
Thanks for your comment on my poem. I too think there is room for humour sometimes in poems. I enjoyed reading yours about the Light Brigade.
Regards Yolande

Comment is about John Coopey (poet profile)

Original item by John Coopey

yoshi riot

Wed 7th Oct 2009 21:34

U dont sound like a jerk....your words are comforting.....i am young yeah but i got an old mind....thank you for your comments.....x

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Wed 7th Oct 2009 20:57

You are young, yes? And a real thinker? Life will not be easy for you, but it will be glorious. Thoughts like these are ancient; but give them new life for your generation. You are living at an amazing crossroads of the meaning of life on our planet. If I sound like a jerk, I'm sorry. You started it.

Comment is about ARE WE ALREADY DEAD?.... (blog)

John Aikman

Wed 7th Oct 2009 20:52

Is it 'Beryl Cookish...for the less 'bookish?'

I had a wonderful time playing bingo in a church hall in New York this summer. Totally surreal...but lovely.

: )

Jx

Comment is about Two Larger Than Life Ladies (blog)

Original item by Richard Bergman

Wed 7th Oct 2009 20:49

But we all are not like that. I'm sorry that there are so many. I've met them too, and I may 'have one foot in the grave' myself. Who knows? Your tirade is honest and only too true about many older persons who display an hypocrisy that is very galling to any thinking person.

Comment is about TIME TO EVOLVE (blog)

Wed 7th Oct 2009 20:40

Clever little ditty. First two verses are really good, snappy and engaging. Have to whack the idea that it's for 'older' people specifically. Have you never actually been to one?

Will you enlarge upon the title, please. I'm not with you, and I would like to be.

Comment is about Two Larger Than Life Ladies (blog)

Original item by Richard Bergman

Wed 7th Oct 2009 20:35

I haven't quite digested this poem yet. I'm still a bit lost. But I do not give up. You had better be worth the effort, Sir.

Comment is about Enthusiasm (blog)

Original item by michael shepherd

John Aikman

Wed 7th Oct 2009 20:35

God, I love this! A lovely metaphor that is developed, but not twisted...and not a cliche in sight.

Bravo!

Jx

Comment is about zoetrope (blog)

Wed 7th Oct 2009 20:22

You had a really good time with this. I thought the last line was really great. I have one with a similar twist; so I can identify with your humour.

Comment is about Grandmother's Gentleman Caller (blog)

Original item by John Aikman

Wed 7th Oct 2009 20:15

You are one clever, interesting lady with a mind like a steel trap.
I looked up 'zoetrope' and found only 'wheel of life'. It seems that you have used it as a kind of toy. Would you tell me more?

Comment is about zoetrope (blog)

Wed 7th Oct 2009 20:08

'brave new world' has become a generic expression - anything done on a grand scale - discovering the America's - landing on the moon - having a baby - and so on. Ideas and understanding must expand to meet really new challenges - like language and the Internet.

Comment is about Joshua Van-Cook (poet profile)

Original item by Joshua Van-Cook

Wed 7th Oct 2009 20:02

At the risk of beating 'pearl/purl to death: My mother always said 'pearls are for tears'. I understood it was an ancient idea believed by many in the British Isles. Do you know of any such connection in folk lore, myth or fable?
So knitting is a similar idea to 'the tapestry of life'. Good poems do make the reader think a lot.

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Isobel

Wed 7th Oct 2009 19:17

Thanks for your support and for commenting boys. John - you must have a twin - one who swills back pints, then reads poetry about some bird in Iceland and other people's shower heads...

Original item by Isobel

winston plowes

Wed 7th Oct 2009 18:42

An interesting experiment and a worthy winner. Will vote again next month. Well done Isobel Well done A E.

Original item by Isobel

Isobel

Wed 7th Oct 2009 18:18

Hi John, thanks for your comments on my profile. I wouldn't worry about not doing weighty stuff - it isn't to everyone's taste anyway - a number of poeple find my stuff naive and immature. There is a market for every style on this site - that is the great thing about it.
Till we meet again. x

Comment is about John Coopey (poet profile)

Original item by John Coopey

spencer

Wed 7th Oct 2009 17:44

Thanks for the comments on my words. Keep up the good work mate!.

Comment is about John Coopey (poet profile)

Original item by John Coopey

Wed 7th Oct 2009 17:38

Hello Spencer
Thanks for the comments on my stuff. I'm not very weighty (poetically, that is) so I don't seem to be able to do much other than pretty thoughtless doggerel.
Anyway, your comment prompted me to have a gander at your stuff which I really like - I'm a sucker for rhythm and rhyme, which seems so passe these days. I'm looking forward to the recognition when I'm dead.

Comment is about Detox (blog)

Original item by Spencer Robertshaw - 07703 558825

steve mellor

Wed 7th Oct 2009 17:27

I should probably make it clear that this is the sequel to 'Have I Won' posted at the beginning of the month.
I had it written just in case

Comment is about Dad Says (blog)

steve mellor

Wed 7th Oct 2009 17:15

Hi Spencer
'Dad Says' - I was sort of taking the piss out of myself. I wrote a 'poem' about the possible winning of WOLOP, but asked the question 'Have I Won', 7 days early. Hence the piss-take
See you later

Comment is about Spencer Robertshaw - 07703 558825 (poet profile)

Original item by Spencer Robertshaw - 07703 558825

John Darwin

Wed 7th Oct 2009 17:13

Disgrace! I demand a recount. And as for buying you a G&T Isobel, you'll seldom see me on licensed premises....

Original item by Isobel

spencer

Wed 7th Oct 2009 17:00

Interesting poem which can have different interpretations, I like it Steve.

Comment is about Dad Says (blog)

spencer

Wed 7th Oct 2009 16:52

A good bit of humour with a helping of the cheek -great.

Comment is about John Coopey (poet profile)

Original item by John Coopey

Cate Greenlees

Wed 7th Oct 2009 14:25

Congrats Anthony! I voted for you.... your work is head and shoulders above the rest!
Cate xx

Comment is about Anthony Emmerson (poet profile)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

Isobel

Wed 7th Oct 2009 13:24

Yes - it often feels that way Yosh - particularly when other people want us dead - LOL. I like the thought processes in this.

Comment is about ARE WE ALREADY DEAD?.... (blog)

winston plowes

Wed 7th Oct 2009 12:38

Good show last night Jordan... Enjoyed. Shame about the change of day. Good luck. Winston

Comment is about Jordan (poet profile)

Original item by Jordan

yoshi riot

Wed 7th Oct 2009 11:26

Hi nicky.....i am an appauling speller lol.....i wont shout at u im not that nasty......lol....thanks for ur comment....it really messed with my head writing that poem....i was scared the universe wud cave in hahaha.....thanx again.xx

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Nichola Burrows

Wed 7th Oct 2009 11:16

I like the questioning quality of this, questions regarding life and death and inverting the theory on it's head. - don't shout at me ( because I make spelling errors here and there and 'typo's' ) pergatory?- purgatory. Diciples? - disciples.

Thought you developed the illusion of existence really well and highlighted the uncertainty of faith, and the uncertainty of what life is. Is our chaotic existence on earth really hell? Do we get another chance? Suppose that comes down to what you believe in. :-)

Nicky x

Comment is about ARE WE ALREADY DEAD?.... (blog)

Richard Bergman

Wed 7th Oct 2009 10:44

'Holiday Armageddon' is wonderful. Great imagery.

Comment is about David Pike (poet profile)

Original item by David Pike

H Anthony Hildebrand

Wed 7th Oct 2009 10:42

Cheers Richard. Fairly sure I can't claim my words superceded the egg, enticing as it might seem.

Comment is about Richard Bergman (poet profile)

Original item by Richard Bergman

◄ Prev 1 2 3 175 350 525 700 875 1050 1225 1400 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1575 1741 1742 1743 Next ►