Sun 17th May 2015 14:30

Fair enough - nobody's offering. It's a sharp little piece on a very common subject that could well use more exposure.

Comment is about Sticky Fingers (blog)

Original item by Colin Hill

Sun 17th May 2015 14:22

Ah, Graham. I never knew that. Some stuff inside that gnarled and lived-in bonce of yours!
Is it a poisoned chalice to earn a Europa Cup place? I think qualification even goes down to 7th if the Arse win the Cup.

Comment is about IT'S GOOD NEWS WEEK! (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Sun 17th May 2015 14:20

O.K. Consider, just for interest:

When you come to me
problems on a plate
with tears in your eyes
looking to me
desperately
for some miraculous reply
that I cannot give

do you forget that I too
struggle with how to live.

IMO, sometimes the message needs brutal diction, not softened with pretty words like 'wetness glistening your eyes'. It is only a shared thought open to discussion. You may well argue back that contrast is equally your message, and your deliberately chosen words are in character with the other party. I can see that too.

Comment is about The Struggle (blog)

Sun 17th May 2015 13:48

Rose - aw shucks, girl, and I do so try to keep it under wraps. Being a child must still be really hard. He would croak to be called 'cute'.

Thanks, Lea, for reading and finding beauty in this humdrum little tale.

And Steve - you know me from years back - everything in my life is 'relative'. Thanks for the comment.

Comment is about The Egg (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Lea

Sun 17th May 2015 13:41

Hi Cynthia, this is lovely, such a beautiful funny moment, and great ending x

Comment is about The Egg (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Sun 17th May 2015 13:34

I seem to recall that the name derived form the group being assembled from a unit of American Airmen helicopter pilots! Hence the hedgehopping.

Comment is about IT'S GOOD NEWS WEEK! (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Lea

Sun 17th May 2015 13:32

Wow! Really love the trifle image and that second stanza x

Comment is about cleanup (05/17/2015) (blog)

Original item by Zach Dafoe

Lea

Sun 17th May 2015 13:23

Hi Andy, thanks for reading and commenting on Beachcombing - much appreciated x

Comment is about Andy N (poet profile)

Original item by Andy N

Lea

Sun 17th May 2015 13:21

Hi Preeti, thanks for your very kind comment on Who Would? One of those moments in time when everything just felt blaah - luckily it passed xx

Comment is about Preeti (poet profile)

Original item by Preeti

Lea

Sun 17th May 2015 13:18

Hi Michelle, thanks for commenting on Who Would? We obviously think alike, you pretty much nailed what I was trying to get at :) x

Comment is about Michelle (poet profile)

Original item by Michelle

Lea

Sun 17th May 2015 13:12

Hi Phillip, thanks for commenting on Who Would? I love it when people relate to what I write, and am really pleased that it inspired you x

Comment is about Phillip Kelly (poet profile)

Original item by Phillip Kelly

Sun 17th May 2015 12:00

Indeed, Greg. I don't remember the whole story but seem to recall it was unpleasant. (We betray our ages).

Comment is about IT'S GOOD NEWS WEEK! (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Greg Freeman

Sun 17th May 2015 10:45

You do have to watch out for these bedouins sometimes, Ray! Glad you gave a nod to Auden at the end - I didn't immediately spot it, but you can't be too careful these days!

Comment is about BEDOUINS AT LARGE (blog)

Original item by ray pool

Greg Freeman

Sun 17th May 2015 10:06

Yes, Hedgehoppers Anonymous ... I didn't realise it was a Jonathan King concoction. Now "their" name has faintly seedy undertones.

Comment is about IT'S GOOD NEWS WEEK! (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Patricia &Stefan wilde

Sun 17th May 2015 10:00

What a very nice surprise to receive your comment Cynthia.For which we sincerely thank you.xx

Comment is about cause and effect (blog)

Patricia &Stefan wilde

Sun 17th May 2015 09:57

unbelievably awesome! xx

Comment is about Leaving the footplate (blog)

Alex Swarbrick

Sun 17th May 2015 08:59

Hello.Hope you managed to get some sleep. I am lucky and don't have sleep problems on my list of ailments but I am loving bathing in Dead sea salts with lavender and ylang ylang, it is heavenly , been buying lots of bathing goodies from an online store, their smells are pure bliss and an excellent way of reducing stress.Some people sniff drugs, not me, I sniff soaps.
Take care, I have missed being able to comment on your work, see the standard still high.:)x

Comment is about P.D. (blog)

Original item by Miss

Sun 17th May 2015 08:01

I've always been suspicious who those who have certainty on their side, whether they are on the extreme left or extreme right.
"Respect" as they say, MC.

Comment is about IT'S GOOD NEWS WEEK! (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Martin Elder

Sat 16th May 2015 23:14

Nice one Rose . Don't lose your locomotion you often write some powerful stuff when you get up a head of steam and this one's no exception.!

Comment is about Leaving the footplate (blog)

Rose Casserley

Sat 16th May 2015 22:36

a terrible,and unfortunately common occurrence nowadays,dealt with in a simple but nevertheless very powerful way.

Thank you.

Rose,x

Comment is about Age of innocence (blog)

Original item by Hilary Walker

Rose Casserley

Sat 16th May 2015 22:25

one of your most cleverest M.C.

Thank you.

Rose.x

Comment is about QUESTION (blog)

Original item by M.C. Newberry

Rose Casserley

Sat 16th May 2015 21:59

one of two 'possibles' if not both,for the cute little man.

His future might see him as,
(despite your culinary mishaps) a very good cook-or!
most definitely,a great and very well taught poet.

I'm banking on the latter.

Also,so nice of you to have exposed the coochy-coo side of your nature....awwww...;o)

Rose.x

Comment is about The Egg (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Rose Casserley

Sat 16th May 2015 21:50

Hi and thanks very much Cynthia.

Re 'arms around'-
could be that Dad was in sucking up to mode?

Having checked 'griefs burden'
are we talking about 'burden'S?

Do tell....(please)

Rose.x

Comment is about was it a message? yes! (blog)

Steve Smith

Sat 16th May 2015 21:14

What a story! I can see it all! Precise language and yet the disappointment is sprung like a slap in the face!
Steve Smith

Comment is about The Glaswegian (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Steve Smith

Sat 16th May 2015 21:07

Thank you Cynthia and Lea - i am trying a new direction and appreciate your judgements!

Comment is about Shore (blog)

Original item by stephen smith

Colin Hill

Sat 16th May 2015 20:06

I could read this over and over again Nicola. It deserves more praise. I could even get to like that one remaining comma. x

Comment is about She's in the Sea - written in Ireland 2002 (blog)

Original item by Nicola Beckett

Steve Higgins

Sat 16th May 2015 17:17

Possibly the end of your innocence too, hope you recovered, best wishes, Steve

Comment is about Age of innocence (blog)

Original item by Hilary Walker

Steve Higgins

Sat 16th May 2015 17:15

Aristotle Onasis used to welcome guests to his private island by saying 'here we live by the calendar, not by the clock' sounds a nice waying of living to me!
best wishes, Steve

Comment is about PASSING FEET (blog)

Original item by M.C. Newberry

David Moore

Sat 16th May 2015 16:59

I should qualify my previous remark. I do not have preference for women according to the size of their breasts, although less is more, me thinks. (somewhat damns my last remark, hopefully you get my drift though)

Rather more important is whether they are even aware of my presence in the room, and then maybe if I'm lucky they might care to engage with me.

Comment is about Hilary Walker (poet profile)

Original item by Hilary Walker

Sat 16th May 2015 16:59

This seems a very worthwhile concept - especially if it
allows poets to promote their work in print or sound as
part of the stock carried in any such outlet.
Count me in as a contributor towards that sought-after
total sum.

Comment is about Campaign to raise £5,000 to open poetry bookshop (article)

Rachel Bond

Sat 16th May 2015 16:52

thank you cynthia.

better to be a chicken than a duck (no one really gives a duck ;p)

haha nice to hear from you, your comments always appreciated x

Comment is about A crow landed on the rail. (blog)

Original item by Rachel Bond

David Moore

Sat 16th May 2015 16:44

I now like small breasted women, it is a manifestation of realism. I have paid for large breasts on Harley Street, In retrospect I would rather have paid for the recipient to attend University.

At least then after our parting she would have been of some use to mankind, other than having to seek a new benefactor to provide the maintenance fee's, no not for the children! for the tits.

I have since returned to shore, and am no longer swimming in a sea of macho life degrading sludge.

I quite like your prose.

Comment is about Hilary Walker (poet profile)

Original item by Hilary Walker

Sat 16th May 2015 16:36

Differences are fine as we can always change our minds
IF good old British common sense comes into play.
Democracy seems less in accord with sympathies that
exist left of centre in UK politics - the word losing
currency when more conservative mindsets takes power.
Suddenly, the latter are some sort of fascist goose-steppers, kicking out at the "less fortunate"(?). It is not
lost on me that the Nazis were, in fact, the National
SOCIALIST Party. I think about that each time the great
and good of the Socialist Workers Party spit and snarl
and go on another street rampage to demonstrate their
own high-kicking version of free speech in action.
Yes - I DO recall the song - and that dates me
sufficiently to say - to borrow from another song: "I've seen both sides now". And for a good many years.

Comment is about IT'S GOOD NEWS WEEK! (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Chris Co

Sat 16th May 2015 16:22

An important news item and a quality follow-up article Greg. Difficult, but well reported.

Comment is about Poet apologises for 'appropriations' as poems are withdrawn and book is pulped (article)

Sat 16th May 2015 16:00

Hi Jan, is this a recounting of wartime experience or a medical event?

Comment is about the last forenoon (blog)

Original item by jan oskar hansen

Travis Brow

Sat 16th May 2015 15:05

Hello Colin, how are you? Okay, I hope. Your overdue for a post, based on the dates of your existing blogs entries. I've said it before, and i'll say it again; the blend of words and images on your blogspot are ace. Do you ever turn them into posters?

Comment is about Colin Hill (poet profile)

Original item by Colin Hill

Sat 16th May 2015 14:18

A masterpiece, Ian, where the chosen words and images match the depth and breadth of your ideas and emotions. It doesn't always work like that for writers, however sincere the effort.

Comment is about The Song Of The Wandering (blog)

Original item by Ian Whiteley

Sat 16th May 2015 14:12

Very powerful work, Preeti. You are definitely inspiring a fan club.

Comment is about Apple Carts and Upsets (blog)

Original item by Preeti

Sat 16th May 2015 13:50

I also think this is excellent - even the title and the rhyme of 'Shore' and 'drawer' which draws the reader in at once, almost unaware of the influence of your chosen diction. IMO, the poem shines through your specific images of physical detail and then your imaginative, emotional thoughts - the dreamer versus the pragmatist. Like us all.

Comment is about Shore (blog)

Original item by stephen smith

Sat 16th May 2015 13:42

IMO, seven lines of poetry that I find captivating. The first line is terrific, a total hook, and 'a moment's kiss in a picture frame' is pure beauty.

Comment is about ARRIVAL (blog)

Original item by ray pool

David Moore

Sat 16th May 2015 13:39

Cynthia,

Thank you for your positive comments on "FROM BEYOND"

Much appreciated.

David

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Sat 16th May 2015 13:36

You could well be right. Bodily functions operating well are the epitome of pleasure. But a little bleach would go a long way too.

Comment is about Whats Better? (blog)

Original item by Corr Lens

Sat 16th May 2015 13:33

A pleasure to drown once more in your words.

I was thinking of you only this past Thursday.

Comment is about Now (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Sat 16th May 2015 13:29

And it must be well-worth following up. This poem is just terrific - such a mood so cleverly created. Good to have you on WOL again.

Comment is about NOT REALLY A STRANGER (blog)

Original item by David Subacchi

Sat 16th May 2015 13:25

Brilliant - a gem of wisdom and execution.

Comment is about cause and effect (blog)

Sat 16th May 2015 13:22

Tight and telling.

Comment is about father forgive me (blog)

Original item by jeremy young

Sat 16th May 2015 13:19

A very good read with some intriguing ideas, demanding images and splendid diction - and it's fab to have you back.

Symbolism and 'mediums' are often hard to separate. I have willfully divorced my imagination in favour of my reason - in so far as that is possible - because I think I could be susceptible to very esoteric influences. I'm not sure how many 'personalities' I might have. There's no way I would take mind-altering drugs - way too chicken.

Comment is about A crow landed on the rail. (blog)

Original item by Rachel Bond

peter

Sat 16th May 2015 13:16

When u coming to pontefract

Comment is about Write Out Loud at Marsden library tonight (article)

Sat 16th May 2015 12:48

The mind is an amazing instrument, and if this dream brought solace to you than it was a form of Truth. This poem is both honest and well written, and will touch many readers.

Check 'grief's burden'.

Interesting, isn't it, that your father's arm was around Jesus and not the opposite. That bears some thinking about.

Comment is about was it a message? yes! (blog)

Sat 16th May 2015 12:39

Interesting idea, Cathy. I love haiku - clever title. You find the 'leaves deaf' and I find them full of sound. So I had to sit and think a bit as to what you might mean.

Check 'spring's' .

Comment is about Summer Awhaikuing (blog)

Original item by CathyLCrabb

◄ Prev 1 2 3 146 147 148 149 150 163 326 489 652 815 978 1141 1304 1467 1625 1626 1627 Next ►