Daniel Dwyran

Wed 4th Jun 2014 17:54

Hi Martin
'Glasto' was about having just as much fun... and mud... in your own garden without having to pay three figures for a ticket and far better toilet facilities than Glastonbury. Thank you for the comment. Appreciated.
I really like your poem 'He's not the one' especially as it gives the reader the hope that there may be a chance for the future. Nice one.

Comment is about Martin Elder (Poet profile)

Original item by Martin Elder

Daniel Dwyran

Wed 4th Jun 2014 17:47

Hi Ken
Thank you very much for your kind comment on my work. It was very much appreciated being new to WOL.
'Glasto' was about having just as much fun... and mud... in your own garden without having to pay three figures for a ticket and far better toilet facilities ;)
'Call it Fun' based on the heartbreak, temptation and anger of recrational drug use and it's ease of availability. Such a big difference from my younger days of a 'Party Seven' or a bottle of cider from the off-licence.
Thanks Ken.

Comment is about Ken Eaton-Dykes (Poet profile)

Original item by Ken Eaton-Dykes

Daniel Dwyran

Wed 4th Jun 2014 17:34

Hi Lynn
Thank you very much for your comment and to welcome me to WOL it is much appreciated. On your 'Teardops in my Coffee' I love the first verse..
'My eyes as wet as the windows, mirroring my pain'
Sets the mind of the reader to think why. You just want the waitress to give you a little more time in the cafe. Lovely poem.

Comment is about Lynn Dye (Poet profile)

Original item by Lynn Dye

Lynn Dye

Wed 4th Jun 2014 16:05

Hello Daniel, welcome to Write Out Loud. Thank you so much for your kind words on 'Sleep'. Much appreciated. Look forward to reading more of your work.

Comment is about Ged Monks (Poet profile)

Original item by Ged Monks

Lynn Dye

Wed 4th Jun 2014 16:02

Thank you very much, Larisa and Daniel.

Comment is about Sleep? (blog)

Original item by Lynn Dye

Lynn Dye

Wed 4th Jun 2014 15:56

I enjoyed this too, Daniel, very amusing.

Comment is about GLASTO IN MY GARDEN (blog)

Original item by Ged Monks

Joe Nodus

Wed 4th Jun 2014 15:45

Thanks for your comment Julian; & for your ever kindness. What would we do without you? All the best, Joe

Comment is about Julian Jordon (Poet profile)

Original item by Julian Jordon

Laura Taylor

Wed 4th Jun 2014 14:09

Ahh, many thanks Greg! Enjoyed both the reading and the writing :)

Cheers!

Comment is about Prayer to Imperfection: Lucy English, Burning Eye (article)

Greg Freeman

Wed 4th Jun 2014 12:41

Thanks for this excellent review, Laura. It's great to have a proper performance poet among our reviewers!

Comment is about Prayer to Imperfection: Lucy English, Burning Eye (article)

Dominic James

Wed 4th Jun 2014 12:09

With absorbing images and flashes of great authority as ever, oddly I didn't take in the title on the first reading: titles can be separated from the body of a poem, Death here seems too much, or too little. Always worth reading your stuff, when/where you send out work that's in your view complete: let me know!

Comment is about Death (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Dominic James

Wed 4th Jun 2014 11:45

Listening to Paxo's speech I'm happy to say I agree with everything he says... but inquisition is a dirty word, with it's unamusing overtones of duress. Poets should be happy to explain their work, as best they can, but definitely under no great obligation to make a good case, they shouldn't be "put to the question" as the old system had it.

Comment is about Poets should engage with ordinary people much more, says Forward prize chairman Paxman (article)

Marianne Louise Daniels

Wed 4th Jun 2014 11:35

Thank you for trying Graham, it is much appreciated x

Comment is about Raven (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Kenneth Eaton-Dykes

Wed 4th Jun 2014 11:33

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the kind comment.

After reading your splendidly well constructed excellently rhymed work, I sincerely return the compliment.

Are these pieces based on episodes of past experience? First World war work apart.

Comment is about Ged Monks (Poet profile)

Original item by Ged Monks

OSH8

Wed 4th Jun 2014 11:12

thanks for d appreciation jai..

Comment is about The Waters (blog)

jean lucy thompson

Wed 4th Jun 2014 00:02

thanx very much solar was looking up a photo for this in google image; called up freedom tower and up came the freedom tower in new York was actually unaware it existed :(

Comment is about A QUESTION OF FREEDOM !!! (blog)

Original item by jean lucy thompson

Martin Elder

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 23:18

I like this very good. it strikes a chord with me. Why pay for the thrill of mud when you can an experience it at home.

Comment is about GLASTO IN MY GARDEN (blog)

Original item by Ged Monks

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 21:32

I'm somewhat surprised by the comment about art
and poetry suffering from the effects of the internet.
If WOL is any guide, the 'net is hugely beneficial
in bringing the written word to a huge audience.
Its only downside...the dispiriting variations of thuggish illiteracy on show in various forums I've
found when browsing this information "super highway".

Mike Hilton

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 18:42

Hi ken , no it was a restless awakening after midnight manouvres !
Cheers for the comments mate .

Comment is about Ken Eaton-Dykes (Poet profile)

Original item by Ken Eaton-Dykes

Kenneth Eaton-Dykes

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 18:26

Hi Mike. Good to see you surfacing again.

Nice poem.

Was that dream the result of a healthy
nights kip.

Or one of the more pleasant symptoms of dragon chasing?

Comment is about Reflections (blog)

Original item by Mike Hilton

John Eliot

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 16:05

I wonder if it shouldn't read:

One heart, one soul
are not enough
to draw meanings
expressions
as they used to be.
Can they no longer embroider
the craft of unspeakable thoughts
deeply weaving inner essences,
emotions, passions

I wonder
if life
after the natural apocalypse
might be a better time
to revisit
this stagnating machinery

Comment is about rusting (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

Solar Winds

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 14:14

really lovely albeit sad poem Larisa.x

Comment is about Spring Meets Summer (blog)

Original item by Larisa Rzhepishevska

Solar Winds

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 14:09

my kind of poem Jean,and beyond any doubt,your best one to date.Brilliant!x

Comment is about A QUESTION OF FREEDOM !!! (blog)

Original item by jean lucy thompson

Solar Winds

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 13:59

you can relax guys! I was only trying to jerk a few tears.Cheers!

Lynn,re 'shed'-my pleasure.x

Comment is about weights (blog)

Original item by Rose Casserley

John Eliot

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 12:39

Just joined, David.
And what would we do without Miles?
I have a lot of his cds from different periods.

Comment is about John Eliot (Poet profile)

Original item by John Eliot

David Cooke

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 12:29

Thanks for the comment on 'Miles'. Didn't know you were here, John!

Comment is about John Eliot (Poet profile)

Original item by John Eliot

Julian (Admin)

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 11:25

I have oft quoted Adrian Mitchell before, and I shall quote him again:
Most people ignore most poetry
Because most poetry ignores most people.

Mark, brilliantly written. Do let the poetry world's best news editor, Greg, have full details of your show when you can.

A friend of mine was at a 'do' where someone said to Paxman, you're not big and you're not clever. Superb eh?

John Eliot

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 11:12

Too right. What else can you say about the great man!

Comment is about Miles (blog)

Original item by David Cooke

John Eliot

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 11:01

Thank you for the welcome, Graham.

Comment is about John Eliot (Poet profile)

Original item by John Eliot

Daniel Dwyran

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 10:41

Hello Graham
Thank you very much for your very kind welcome.
I hope to be able to contribute to the site and find inspiration from the like minded. I should have done this ages ago. I found 'Outlines' a very moving piece of work that just radiates warmth and love. Sincerely.

Comment is about Graham Sherwood (Poet profile)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Daniel Dwyran

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 10:18

It has love, sympathy and empathy and proves hindsight is a wonderful thing Lynn. Loved it.
(Now where did I put those earplugs)?

Comment is about Sleep? (blog)

Original item by Lynn Dye

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 10:13

Hello Becka

Welcome to Write Out Loud.

I hope you enjoy the site. We're really looking forward to reading some of your work and I know that you will be warmly welcomed by other WOL-ers too.

Thanks for already uploading a picture of yourself, it’s good to see what our fellow poets look like.

Have a good browse around, there’s lots going on and if you have the time to make some comments about the work of other poets please feel free. It’s the best way to get some constructive feedback about your own work too.
There’s always someone who’ll help you out with a problem, so just ask and someone will get back to you. It’s a friendly place, so welcome once again.

Comment is about Becka Brush (Poet profile)

Original item by Becka Brush

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 10:12

Hello John

Welcome to Write Out Loud.

If you haven’t already added a picture to your profile please try and do so. It’s good to see what our fellow poets look like.

Comment is about John Eliot (Poet profile)

Original item by John Eliot

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 10:10

Hello Daniel

Welcome to Write Out Loud.

Thanks for uploading a picture of yourself, it’s good to see what our fellow poets look like.

Comment is about Ged Monks (Poet profile)

Original item by Ged Monks

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 10:08

Hello Matthew

Welcome to Write Out Loud.

Comment is about Matthew Sirigos (Poet profile)

Original item by Matthew Sirigos

Daniel Dwyran

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 10:07

Saw the title and thought it may be something about a break-in at a Laugharne boathouse!
Ian this is superb. I will never be able to hear Bob sing this without a quiet giggle to myself anymore. Nice one.

Comment is about Robbing Dylan (blog)

Original item by Ian Gant

Tue 3rd Jun 2014 10:07

I seem to be in agreement with Isobel to a large extent here.

To me all seemingly relevant poetry must have a performance angle to it, even the major prize competition entries (the winners required to perform at some glitzy do) insist on this.

Being no lover of performance poetry and not willing to read publicly any work that I have ever written, competition entry would be out of the question for me.

As to JP's comments of suggested poetry navel gazing, it would appear that he does not appreciate the thriving performance scene.

Daniel Dwyran

Mon 2nd Jun 2014 22:10

"with eyes that warm

and lips that glide

her heart and mine collude, confide".

Just beautiful Christopher and portrays the inner subdued feeling of the male that somehow he knows the inevitability of his quest.

Comment is about She loves me not... (blog)

Original item by Christopher Dawson

Isobel

Mon 2nd Jun 2014 12:54

Maybe Mark is challenging what 'an ordinary man' really is, MC? As he says, the average Joe Bloggs might not necessarily have the same taste in poetry as Jeremy Paxman...

I'd say that quite a lot of live performance poetry is written to be understood and appreciated by a wider audience. The reason for falling book sales might be down to other factors. Perhaps like the great British pub and the town shopping centres, poetry and arts in general are suffering from the effects of the internet and all it brings with it...

Mon 2nd Jun 2014 12:16

I note a Paxman quote from this posting:
"aim to engage with ordinary people much more".
This hardly seems at odds with "I write poems for
the ordinary man"" in the comment from MMS2014.

Homeric Poetix

Mon 2nd Jun 2014 10:19

Brilliant to hear this. Steve has never been good at selling himself and to see that he has managed to get this award on such a high profile shortlist is great.
There will be a lot of people wondering 'Steve who?' but hopefully not for much longer.
Can't praise him, his performances, his selflessness enough.
Bravo that young man.

Comment is about Steve Nash and Sophia Walker win Saboteur spoken word awards (article)

Mark Mace Smith

Mon 2nd Jun 2014 08:06

Paxo Poetry

It's entertaining to hear Paxman whinge
I hope to see him at the Edinburgh fringe
I'll be there too, performing my poetry
(It's called 13 Years An Artist - it's free!)

After my show is a Q&A session
I suppose you could call it an inquisition
If Jez is in the audience should I be cowered
After what he did to Michael Howard?

Nah, I'm not scared, why should I be
of a millionaire newscaster from the BBC?
I write poems for the ordinary man
Not really for the likes of Jeremy Paxman.

MMS2014

Isobel

Sun 1st Jun 2014 22:23

You shouldn't have posted this on the 31st Dave - it has a very short shelf life - much like the moth...

This is a sad one - reminds me of Madame Bovary for some reason. If this is an analogy for doomed romance it works very well. I think it can very easy to be dazzled by someone to the point that you stop looking elsewhere.

I like the subtlety of what you are saying. x

Comment is about The cost of fascination (blog)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Sun 1st Jun 2014 21:45

Hello Rosie

Welcome to Write Out Loud.

Comment is about Rosie Vallack Mor (Poet profile)

Original item by Rosie Vallack Mor

Sun 1st Jun 2014 21:44

Hello Mardell

Welcome to Write Out Loud.

Comment is about Mardell Lindsey (Poet profile)

Original item by Mardell Lindsey

Larisa Rzhepishevska

Sun 1st Jun 2014 21:26

Yes, dear Lynn! Very nice and funny poem. Enjoyed reading it.

Comment is about Sleep? (blog)

Original item by Lynn Dye

Larisa Rzhepishevska

Sun 1st Jun 2014 21:17

Yes, Christopher! I have an idea what flies are for. The only reason they exist in this world is just to annoy you. :-) Think about it. May be if you change your attitude to their buzzing around haphazardly and see some order in their flying
they'll stop annoying you. Just try to concentrate your mind on them and with the strength of your thoughts you'll be able to let them go away. After all you are a man and they are only flies. :-)

Comment is about Can you see my flies? (blog)

Original item by Christopher Dawson

Lynn Dye

Sun 1st Jun 2014 11:13

Thank you very much, Constantinos, glad it amused.

Comment is about Sleep? (blog)

Original item by Lynn Dye

John Togher

Sat 31st May 2014 23:46

Thanks for the comments Dave. I guess I was in a very pessimistic mood when writing the piece, but I do take on board the comment about hopefulness, in that the poem probably does need the glint of hope amidst the cynicism. Currently mulling.

Cheers.

Comment is about Dave Bradley (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Bradley

steve mellor

Sat 31st May 2014 13:34

Tripe Dave

I've never tried it either. It makes me gip just looking at it.
I was listening to an elderly lady who seemed to find the closing of the tripe stall a major drama. Meanwhile, the town is decaying. Strange what we find troubling

Hope to see you around some time

Comment is about Dave Bradley (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Bradley

John Gibson

Sat 31st May 2014 11:57

Fantastic...

I totally resonate with that on all levels..

love & peace.. :)

Comment is about MY STRUGGLE (blog)

Original item by Mardell Lindsey

◄ Prev 1 2 3 146 147 148 149 150 300 450 600 750 900 1050 1200 1350 1492 1493 1494 Next ►