clarissa mckone

Fri 18th Jan 2008 21:33

Hi Daniel, This is a nice poem, I could really understand it.

Comment is about I held you like a diamond in my hands (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Fri 18th Jan 2008 07:14

Thank you Kevin for completing the song - That is one stanza from it! This was exactly what you have wrote here that is the song from Dublin. I am glad I was dreaming of something special...Well this suppose to be the Moon Dreams, so watch out for the FULL Moon, you never know. It has a huge impact on people.

Etymology: Emphatic
Greek emphatikos, from emphainein
Date: 1635
Apparently the word 'Empathic' is not often use in every day conversation. It is an old word that has the same meaning to emphasize something.

Now you know and still that word can be used.
Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Fri 18th Jan 2008 07:00

Kevin, I did hug a tree, I am not ashamed to do that in a day light. The trees are not only beautiful but hugable too. Imagine the world if there were no trees? There will be no balance in the Nature.

So when you get here I will take you to a park where there is a very unique tree that you can easily sit on each branch and have a lunch there. A low thick and spread branches - the kids usually occupy that tree as you know all kids love the climb on them. Like I said I will love my Trees forever. Even ENYA sings about them a beautiful song. One of my favorite. Thank you for reading and the great comment...Zuzanna

Comment is about TREE - THE SYMBOL OF LIFE (blog)

Fri 18th Jan 2008 06:47

Clarissa, I am planing to go there in another year or so -to Luxor, which is the nicest place for tourist. Have a friends and they work there. I will take a tour by Camel on the Desert and to see the Pyramids. My love for this particular place is tremendous.People are very friendly there so I have heard. The place is always warm not like here 6 months of winter. Prices are reasonable. Five Pounds for a Dollar. Not bad. The only pricey will be the flight! My dreams are still alive to go there. The Culture it is over 6000 Thousand years old. The Oldest in this World. Now perhaps to feel better there I shall begin to learn Arabic language as it is slightly different from the Arabic from other places...History is my NUMBER ONE subject!!

Thank you for your great comment!

Zuzanna

Comment is about LAND OF THE NILE (blog)

clarissa mckone

Fri 18th Jan 2008 04:10

HI Zuzanna, this is very nice, I could see it all. I love watching history on this place.I think it would be fun to ride a camel !

Comment is about LAND OF THE NILE (blog)

Kevin Connolly

Fri 18th Jan 2008 00:39

I didn't know there was a word 'empathic', until I read it in this poem. Your English is better than mine, Zuzanna.
'In Dublin's fair city, where the girls are so pretty, I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone... She wheels her wheelbarrow through streets broad and narrow, selling cockels and mussels, alive alive oh.'
What a great song. What a great poem - you never fail to impress me with your style, Zuzanna.

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Kevin Connolly

Fri 18th Jan 2008 00:33

The Special Branch, lol.
I love trees, Zuzanna! I don't go as far as hugging them, but I would (if nobody was looking).
I read a story today about a self-destructing tree that has just been discovered... it's so big that it can be seen from outer-space! (Check the BBC science pages, you'll see it there.)

My tree tribute... I wrote this for a 'poet-tree' competition in 2007, and it was printed out and hung up on a tree in Derry, Ireland, for people to read as they passed by the tree:

They’re chopping down all the trees to make millions of sheets, millions of reams, for people like me to crumple and throw into wastepaper baskets.
I’ll start again.
They’re chopping down all the trees, so my fellow scribes and I can write endless litanies of heartfelt words about how they’re chopping down all the trees.

Comment is about TREE - THE SYMBOL OF LIFE (blog)

Melanie Rees

Thu 17th Jan 2008 18:05

A beautiful poem Belinda. I love the contrast between the poem's soft rhyme and rhythm and the clinical questions. It asks you strong questions, but strokes your hand at the same time. lovely, lovely.

Mel
xx

Comment is about 'Donald' (blog)

Original item by Belinda

Steve OConnor

Thu 17th Jan 2008 10:17

Hello Belinda

I really like how 'Donald' flows. (That sounds weird, doesn't it? A flowing Donald.)

I like what you've done with the rhyme in this poem. It challenges preconceived ideas about rhyming poetry, and that's a good thing - far too many poetry snobs in the world.

Paul's right. It is an oddly moving poem. There's a sadness to it - but it's a sadness that observes rather than seeking to engage the reader's sympathy/pity.

Great opening line too.

Good 'un.

Steve

Comment is about 'Donald' (blog)

Original item by Belinda

Steve OConnor

Thu 17th Jan 2008 09:59

I'd like to see you perform this one. Powerful stuff.

Of course, I'd expect nothing less than the Pete Crompton copyrighted trademarked and rubber-stamped full-on relentless rage with it.

Reads well off the page (well, screen). Good 'un.

Steve

Comment is about b u l l i e s (blog)

Steve OConnor

Thu 17th Jan 2008 09:53

Really like the line 'shrunken violet promises'.

It's a great, tight poem, Peter.

Well done.

Steve

Comment is about A something New Year (blog)

Thu 17th Jan 2008 07:20

Melissa~ This poem is wonderful!
You have described a lot of emotions that you experience in life. Thought provoking as well. Great use of metamorphosis.

GREAT POEM!!!

Zuzanna

I busy my mind
with distractions and dreams.
I ride the ocean.
I just forget that the wave
that I cling to
will come down,
crashing upon me,
and I will have no choice
but to feel.

Comment is about Under Water (blog)

clarissa mckone

Thu 17th Jan 2008 01:44

Hi Melissa, This is a nice poem. Hope your well! Clarissa

Comment is about Under Water (blog)

clarissa mckone

Thu 17th Jan 2008 01:43

Very nice poem!

Comment is about 'Donald' (blog)

Original item by Belinda

A Daftie

Thu 17th Jan 2008 00:47

An oddly moving poem.

Comment is about 'Donald' (blog)

Original item by Belinda

paul

Wed 16th Jan 2008 13:35

About time you joined up Seamus - great photo of you too, you look just like that in real life ;)

Comment is about Seamus Kelly (Poet profile)

Original item by Seamus Kelly

Melissa R. Mendelson

Wed 16th Jan 2008 07:24

Hope your new year has taken off and inspiration is but a page away. :)

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

clarissa mckone

Tue 15th Jan 2008 22:47

Hi Phil,This is very nice, I enjoyed reading your poem.

Comment is about Realms of Reality (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Tue 15th Jan 2008 21:28

Hello Cayn
Nice meeting you.

Thank you for the lovely update! You are lucky that you live in such close knit community so the performances can be done with no taking the plane for a flight. Here where I am it is almost impossible to fly to Toronto from Alberta where I live. It will take extreme amount of time as well as the flight ticket. The price equals the flight to Europe flying across Canada. Good luck with your poetry and the performances...Zuzanna

Comment is about Whats Going On (blog)

Original item by Cayn White

Tue 15th Jan 2008 21:22

Philip ~ Thank you for the comment with such passion in your words. Yes, I am a hopeless romantic, but not always in a mood to write romantic poems...Smile

Thanks a lot!!...Zuzanna

Comment is about I LOVE YOU (blog)

Philip Golding

Tue 15th Jan 2008 14:29

You are a naturally gifted writer of romantic verse. Any man would love to express such words to his girlfriend or wife.

Comment is about I LOVE YOU (blog)

Tue 15th Jan 2008 02:59

Sounds like a dark poetry.
The picture is worth Thousand Dollars...

Well thought provoking write that is given.

Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about City (blog)

Tue 15th Jan 2008 02:55

Philip~ You have given a lot of thinking to this poem. The creativity is showing like an open book. History and present time as well as some politic in those lines. I thing you have written philosophical piece here.

GREAT JOB!!
FABULOUS READ...Zuzanna

Comment is about Realms of Reality (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

clarissa mckone

Mon 14th Jan 2008 15:17

Hi daniel, Im the strange one here I guess. I dont buy that we wiggled out of the ocean as part fish and mutated along the way into humans.I used to believe in evolution, till I read a few books on it and found out how many bones they had to support the ape to man theory. I think they found some old bones from a profoundly retarded/handicaped person and made it all up. There is a difference in fact and theory.There is so much we dont know. Darwins theory is fine and a good conversation. AS you can tell I dont follow that theory. Nice poem!

Comment is about Darwin's Daughter (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

clarissa mckone

Mon 14th Jan 2008 15:09

Hi Daniel, this poem is nice. I think it flows fine. I think some poems are for reading in the mind and others out loud.

Comment is about A computer virus called love (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Mia Darlone

Mon 14th Jan 2008 12:27

I love the idea about shooting an audience member! I also think it would be very stylish to don a shell suit at the end of my performance and then drop a lighted match into the hood.

Comment is about Steve O'Connor (Poet profile)

Original item by Steve O'Connor

Daniel Hooks

Mon 14th Jan 2008 11:24

yea that was a great line but I wander whether or not the poem flows?

Comment is about A computer virus called love (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Mon 14th Jan 2008 05:43

Philip ~ Thank you for your great comment!
The TREE it is a symbol of life'- Also a Family Tree it is very popular and often people keep close eye on the family history and roots. I am glad you found this poem interesting. Was not aware of having a special branch in the Police.This is very intriguing!

Thank you ...Zuzanna

Comment is about TREE - THE SYMBOL OF LIFE (blog)

Mon 14th Jan 2008 04:28

Hello Daniel!!
I like the idea about the love, but stay away from computer Viruses...Smile. Great imagination in your poem!

"love is the virus that makes us all human"

I love this line- The feelings of being loved it has a healing power. Emotionally depleted from love people tend to suffer emotional problems, they are looking to escape that drinking or doing other inappropriate things to their health like drugs ..etc...Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about A computer virus called love (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Mon 14th Jan 2008 04:21

Clarissa~ Thanks a lot for the wonderful comment! Glad you like to read my write.
I think we shall have those generators here on this continent - they have them in Holland. Those generators save a lot of energy.
Great Thought-Bravo! ...Zuzanna

Comment is about THE WIND (blog)

Philip Golding

Sun 13th Jan 2008 13:21

there is a greatflow to this poem which i enjoyed immencly. There areso many linesd here that stick ouy, bu tmy favorate is
All you fibs are wildly porcine.

great stuff

Comment is about A Sonnet to Lionpig (blog)

paul

Sun 13th Jan 2008 11:09

There is something particularly disturbing about losing younger people, commiserations to you and your family.

Comment is about Time (blog)

Moxy Casimir

Sun 13th Jan 2008 10:52

Malcolm, I am so very sorry to hear of the death of your son-in-law. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Comment is about Time (blog)

Sun 13th Jan 2008 00:12

I am not sure what is happening with the page today. It is a second time I was kicked out of the page not being able to either begin or finish my comment! Thank you for the interesting poem about the wedding in Australia. It sounds like a such great event! Your imagination is fantastic!!
Enjoyed reading the twists and turns in that
Muse of yours...Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about Australian Wedding (blog)

Sun 13th Jan 2008 00:09

Comment is about Australian Wedding (blog)

Sun 13th Jan 2008 00:06

Philip, thank you for your pleasing comment! Yes it was plenty of imaginary words here as this was a DREAM...Dreams are at times bizarre!
Smiles...Zuzanna

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Sun 13th Jan 2008 00:03

Philip- You have put many wise thoughts in your write. Love the poem!! It says about real World we live in. Fantastic write and also food for thought as well. Keep penning on...GREAT JOB!!!

Comment is about It's Criminal (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

clarissa mckone

Sat 12th Jan 2008 23:49

Hi Zuzanna, this is a very nice poem ! the wind is wonderful and we should use it for our electric.

Comment is about THE WIND (blog)

Sat 12th Jan 2008 23:46

Thank you Philip for your fantastic comment!
I have a special interest in Archaeology and one of the places that I am interested in
is Egypt! Have studied the origin of my first name and believe it or not the roots are from there. The name Zuzanna / Susanne - is one of the oldest World names [Six Thousand years old.] What amazes… Why such a culture has died?
The movie’ Cleopatra’ always shows grand picture of her as the Ruler...Zuzanna

Comment is about CLEOPATRA (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Sat 12th Jan 2008 11:43

Sir John was far too polite to call anybody a prat, let alone a royal, but he could be pretty bitchy when he liked. I think he was a great poet although I know that plenty of people are quite derisive about him.

I am afraid I am not in Sir Betj's league, but thanks anyway Ricardo

Comment is about A Right Charlie (blog)

Philip Golding

Sat 12th Jan 2008 07:54

You have captured the synbolc relationship we have with trees.
Even in thepolice we have Special branch haha.
Enjoyed your poem. More please

Comment is about TREE - THE SYMBOL OF LIFE (blog)

Philip Golding

Sat 12th Jan 2008 07:46

Lots of nice imagery was painted by the way you have use your words. Two thumbs up from me

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Philip Golding

Sat 12th Jan 2008 07:38

This is an area I have never though of tackling but you Zuzanna have shpwn great affinity with the subject. I think you may be right about having an increase in the proportion in women as leaders.
Very nice piece of work

Comment is about CLEOPATRA (blog)

Ricardo Reis

Fri 11th Jan 2008 18:22

very nicely written, that is, nice in the sense of discriminating and particular.

I think John Betj (Sir) would have been proud to have written that. A much maligned writer of particular tones of voice.
Though perhaps you are more acid - much to your advantage.

Comment is about A Right Charlie (blog)

paul

Fri 11th Jan 2008 10:35

Photos by Paul Blackburn

Comment is about Gordon Zola at the Tudor House, Wigan January 2008 (photo)

Fri 11th Jan 2008 00:08

This reminds of the Chinese Astrology of the computability signs. Lion-Pig will be very compatible in that sense.

Great write...Zuzanna

Comment is about A Sonnet to Lionpig (blog)

Fri 11th Jan 2008 00:06

Malcolm~ Thank you for the great explanatory comment as I was not sure whom you were referring too. Now knowing this I would agree with you, as we are affected by this mess too. Thanks again...Zuzanna

Comment is about A Right Charlie (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Thu 10th Jan 2008 11:43

My grandaughter has a rocking horse just like this and it is lovely. As they are made from relatively fast growing softwood, there should not be any problem about wooden rocking horse production being entirely sustainable.

The poem is really about a trade union leader with whom I had particular problems. It seemed to me that he had all the thinking capabilities of the rocking horse and made just as much progress, but he lacked the beauty and the usefulness of a childs exquisitely manufactured toy.

'trot' is a rather obscure pun unless you are in on it. Horses trot of course, but rocking horses don't. This Trot is really a capital letter version meaning Trotskyist. For those who may not know, Trotsky was an advocate of permanent revolution. Far to the left of Lenin and Stalin, he was briefly the Commissar for War in revolutionary Russia before fleeing the country and later being murdered with an ice pick on the instructions of Stalin. In my youth I was a Trotskyist, but I grew out of it. Quite a lot of our leading trade unionists are still Trotskyists.

Again I'm afraid, the explanation is longer than the poem. My poems are actually seldom about what they may seem, but then that is the joy of poetry to me. You can say so many things in so few words and even if nobody, but you knows what you are saying, it can still give pleasure.

Comment is about Andy (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Thu 10th Jan 2008 11:32

Thanks Clarissa & Zuzanna

The poem refers to St paul's cathedral in London designed by Sir Christopher Wren. The Charlie is Prince Charles, son of Queen Elizabeth and Prince of Wales. He is fond of expressing opinions on lots of things that he knows nothing about. I regard him as a complete prat and it irritates me because, as a member of the royal family, he can get media coverage for any stupid thing he has to say, but because he does not have any responsibilities and he is not elected, he is not accountable to anybody and he cannot be removed from his position of influence.

The reason that I posted this poem now is that a regulatory body has recently been established for so called 'alternative' or 'complementary' medicine after lobbying by Prat Charles. In fact the poem was written long ago and refers to his comments on modern architecture. He described a modern building as a 'carbuncle' and the strong implication was that only much older styles of building had any merit. The truth is that only the good things among the old stuff have survived and the rubbish has gone. The same will happen with more modern buildings, but Charlie is too thick to work that out.

The Prince of Wales has a personal crest of three feathers with the motto of ich dien (I serve). In my opinion he only serves himself and does so largely at the expense of me and other taxpayers. I was sarcastically suggesting that he sees himself as another Christopher Wren although he has none of the knowledge to design a building at all, let alone St. Paul's cathedral.

'Ghastly' is a word that he seems particularly to like and when it is said in his peculiar, strangled upper class English accent it really sticks in my mind.

Sorry the explanation is longer than the poem.

Comment is about A Right Charlie (blog)

Thu 10th Jan 2008 09:29

Architecturally well described. Tried to guess where I have seen this Dome. I guess Rome would be one where they build this churches in that style. White House also and our Parliament building has similar dome too. Great write.

Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about A Right Charlie (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 149 298 447 596 745 894 1043 1192 1341 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1487 1488 1489 Next -->