Richard Brooks

Fri 25th Apr 2008 14:38

humorous, honest but with a point ro make, loved it. I write alot on trains (I'm presuming you wrote this on a train!) keep up the voyeurism :-)

Comment is about Poem from a train (pathetic am I) parts 1 & 2 (blog)

Tai Mahmud

Fri 25th Apr 2008 14:23

Thanks man! That means alot! Nice website you have!

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Helen Broadbent

Fri 25th Apr 2008 13:47

great poem - really made me smile - it happens to us all, that's what makes the poem good
next time i.m in a queue i'll think of it and calm down!

Comment is about I only came to get a pint of milk (blog)

Darren Thomas

Fri 25th Apr 2008 09:08

Hi Zuzanna - it seems that the moon is personified to represent the emotional states of us mere mortals. Everybody knows that women are affected by the moon and its phases. Men are usually subjected to violent mood swings when Uranus shares a cusp with a Saturn ring, but I digress. I enjoyed this piece, it subliminally suggests that for all its beauty and popularity with every generation and religion, the moon (like people) has a sinister side, one that we never, ever get to see. We know it's there, but are yet to see it. A bit like the Queen's bare bottom!
If the moon is a 'she' perhaps that's why the Apollo astonauts didn't stay too long when they allegedly arrived there.

Comment is about MOON FACES (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

clarissa mckone

Fri 25th Apr 2008 01:44

HI Peter,
Glad you enjoyed it.Metrics are bad I think, they put you up against a national average, everything is measured and watched.They dont take into account bad machinery, computer errors, faulty equip. People at corp that are not entering their info into the system.Bad customers, they are many a problem. I see people that cant swip a CC, or write a check. Or they forget an iteam, and they say "Oh sorry waite please" mean while the clock is ticking on the poor girl, and others are getting mad.Customers yell at and put down the girls, as if they control prices, or the bank that declined their CC or check, they act like its that girls fault.The coupon is expired, the sale is over, the PC wont take it, and its her fault.But the PC is programed by another person. So all be nice, this girl has more then likely had a few bad days in a row. take care Peter

Comment is about I only came to get a pint of milk (blog)

clarissa mckone

Fri 25th Apr 2008 01:35

HI Peter,
Yes I always feel the poems, that I write. I feel many that I read, that are the works of others.Most of my love and lost and pain poems I feel so intensly, that to re-read them, hurts, even if its been years.

Now lets see, Im just home from the hospital, so I hope Im reading this and typeing ok.
Many times I feel the poems not finnished, esp if its short, for some reason in my head its to be long, or its not good, or not enough has been said. yet it has all been said.It may be some perfectionistic type personality type.

Comment is about my howling hollow (blog)

Lenny Gazbowski

Fri 25th Apr 2008 01:04

Zuzanna,
Glad you enjoyed this poem. And, yes, I'll keep penning onwards!

Love Light and Laughter,
Lenny

Comment is about Final Warning (blog)

Original item by Lenny Gazbowski

Pete Crompton

Fri 25th Apr 2008 00:08

Hey Clarissa! Great technical explanation- a poem in itself!

'bad marks on metrics' wow that's a poem title!

Comment is about I only came to get a pint of milk (blog)

Pete Crompton

Thu 24th Apr 2008 23:56

fall of Geneva is a masterpiece mate.

Comment is about Tai Mahmud (Poet profile)

Original item by Tai Mahmud

Pete Crompton

Thu 24th Apr 2008 23:54

I like your Line 'the blood followed the crease in my hands' Brilliant

Hey good stuff, listened to the audio sample
well done man

Comment is about Tai Mahmud (Poet profile)

Original item by Tai Mahmud

Zuzanna Musial

Thu 24th Apr 2008 23:35

Lenny

In your poem, I have found wise theory on violence!
It is amazing how much content in few words you have been able to fit.
Loved this write of yours a lot!!
Keep penning on...You have a great talent!

Kind Regards,
Zuzanna

Comment is about Final Warning (blog)

Original item by Lenny Gazbowski

Zuzanna Musial

Thu 24th Apr 2008 23:24

Hello, Tomas

Thank you for the latest comments.
It happened that I was living in both systems. In addition, I see not much difference except maybe the working class divided more in a Capitalism versa Communism. Here we do have the Freedom of speech and have your own things like home., car, place to live but the prices you pay having all those goods are tremendous. It is good for those who have good paying jobs. Those who have less paying jobs, then these people live like in a Communism system. I tell you that Communism had good sites too. Like the Education for all was mandatory. Here it is slightly different. If you have money then you do not need to have University to be in Politics. In Communism system one had to be highly educated to be an Economist- this is just an example...Some people left the country and still do, I mean the Communist. Both sites have good trades and as not so good. I need to close here as my comment can go forever, Will come back to read your latest poem...Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Zuzanna

Comment is about Tomás Ó Cárthaigh (Poet profile)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Pete Crompton

Thu 24th Apr 2008 23:17

thank you Darren and Clarissa.
Darren I think your work has influenced me in, especially with the 'cardboard spaceships' and that kind of imagary.

I had been stuck in a place for a while, and stubborn me not reading enough needed to just (if just for a while) open and drift.

I always feel the poems partially written
do you find that with your work?
Clarissa / Darren

Comment is about my howling hollow (blog)

Thu 24th Apr 2008 22:45

A poem to show the other side of the Communist idea!!!

Comment is about Verses on Economics (blog)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Thu 24th Apr 2008 22:40

"Instant Soup" is a great little poem.

Comment is about Phil Golding (Poet profile)

Original item by Phil Golding

Thu 24th Apr 2008 22:40

Your prose poems are a good read.

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Thu 24th Apr 2008 22:39

I enjoyed your poetry.

Comment is about Melanie (Poet profile)

Original item by Melanie

Thu 24th Apr 2008 22:38

I loved the Little Brother poem.

Comment is about Morag Reid (Poet profile)

Original item by Morag Reid

Thu 24th Apr 2008 22:35

I never lived through communism, but would be a big fan of the economic system - its the lack of personal freedom I would hate.

However, in my own country, I see people who once more are hungry as there is no work, no social welfare as they are less than two years here, no home to go back to as they sold it to come here, and they are reliant on family.

Which is OK until they fall out and get thrown out.

Its scary to see the likes again on our fair Island.

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Thu 24th Apr 2008 22:33

You evoke a great image in my mind with this and the picture really goes well with it.

Comment is about MOON FACES (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Cayn

Thu 24th Apr 2008 18:09

Hi Jeff,
Hope your well? Be good to see you at the Sham69 gig, I've booked Red Alert for the 9th May as well that should be a good 'un!

Comment is about Jeffarama! (Poet profile)

Original item by Jeffarama!

Clare Kirwan

Thu 24th Apr 2008 10:56

i just wish I'd been there wiv all me chums!

Comment is about Len Rosso at Wirral Words, The Scouse House, Birkenhead April 2008 (photo)

Pete Crompton

Thu 24th Apr 2008 10:32

I like the word play and especially 'Gord's army' it sounds cockney, a good poem to perform. Its short for a political poem, so you could say link it up with a couple more and perform them in a row, would be good!

Comment is about Gord's Army (blog)

Sophie McKeand

Thu 24th Apr 2008 08:39

i love the moon.. she has such beauty and power... beautiful picture too lady! x

Comment is about MOON FACES (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Sophie McKeand

Thu 24th Apr 2008 08:36

just brilliant.. the pace of this poem mimicks really well that frustration and anxiety you get in that situation... i can't stand in a shop for more than about ten minutes before i want to explode! too many people man.. they're everywhere!

Comment is about I only came to get a pint of milk (blog)

Sophie McKeand

Thu 24th Apr 2008 08:34

i absolutely loved this one...
'Crotchless and bored with the predictable rotations' - now being one of my fave ever lines from a poem.. priceless..
brilliant, witty rhyme scheme and pace - love the subject matter (having a dig at our reckless consumerism is always a favourite with me)... nice one pete..

Comment is about Robbie and the White goods (blog)

Zuzanna Musial

Thu 24th Apr 2008 07:22

Hello, Peter

Very creative and imaginative write! Peter you have a wonderful mind.
The metamorphosis, twist, and ties as one after all are great!

FABULOUS WRITE!

Zuzanna

Comment is about Robbie and the White goods (blog)

clarissa mckone

Thu 24th Apr 2008 05:10

Dear Peter,
I can answer these questions, as I run the front end.The PC the cashier is on, promps her/him to ask the questions. The bar codes are a mess, if the gun/scanner is off and humidity can do it, storms can do it, old PC crap can do it, dirt can do it, it will slow the machines down.The bar code can be wrong, if a sale is on, and no one from corp updated system, well its going to slow it down.If the bar code has been marred/slashed/messed up in any way its a mess.People will take bar codes from one product and put it on another, and if the girl has a scale then it stops.As the bar code tells weight.If the sales girl does not follow ever prompt , she will get bad marks on METRICS, its part of the PC and cameras that watches all she does.Bad marks on metrics means no job at some point. So be nice to the poor girls behind the counter, they hate the job. But it pays part of her bills. SMILE!! Nice poem man!!!!

Comment is about I only came to get a pint of milk (blog)

clarissa mckone

Thu 24th Apr 2008 05:01

HI Peter,

Interesting poem,Not sure what else to say, its riviting.I did not know they made one that could do all that stuff.But no matter, I would not want one.Great stuff. Going in for second surgery in the AM, Im a little strange at this time. take care

Comment is about Robbie and the White goods (blog)

Zuzanna Musial

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 23:45

Hello, Antonio

Many thanks for the comment!
Glad you have enjoyed reading.

Warm Regards,
Zuzanna

Comment is about FAILED PROMISE (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Zuzanna Musial

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 23:42

BTW- Forgot to add that there are not many differences between the Capitalism and the Communism. It is Money and Power TALK!

Cheers!

Comment is about The Workers of the World (blog)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Alan

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 23:40

love your poetry Gaia;
there's something magical about it.

alan holdsworth

Comment is about Gaia Holmes (Poet profile)

Original item by Gaia Holmes

Zuzanna Musial

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 23:40

Hi Tomas - Great take on a Communism!!
One has to live there to experience that...Have YOU.
What you have written based on truth.

Thanks for taking me back the memory lane.

Regards,
Zuzanna

Comment is about The Workers of the World (blog)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Zuzanna Musial

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 23:33

Richard,

This poem is very beautiful!
Well expressed and uplifting to those who go different life stages being heart broken.

"Take your time but don’t forget about love
Those who don’t love, probably aren’t loved"

BEAUTIFUL JOB!

Zuzanna

Comment is about Cheer Up Broken Heart (blog)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Zuzanna Musial

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 23:20

Hello, Antonio

The poem is quite mysterious to me. The first few lines are almost close to my home with the Gordon or Gordy’s hockey player, but then cannot picture Mr. Brown in this, so it has greater mystery there. Then when the Election you wrote about at the end it is almost like the USA nowadays -Thought provoking write!

GREAT POEM!

Zuzanna

Comment is about Gord's Army (blog)

Louise Fazackerley

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 20:12

'Birthday Cake'. That really rang true for me. I always want to bake a cake or write a poem for people I love on birthdays. You've done both at once- can women multi-task or what! :-)

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Louise Fazackerley

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 20:06

i really enjoyed 'new location'.

Comment is about Gemma Lees (Poet profile)

Original item by Gemma Lees

Alan

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 17:37

very good Gary, pity you have not read them
at Otley Poets yet!! your style is colourfull &
has imagery & rythm:keep up the good work.
alan holdsworth.

Comment is about Gary Stokes (Poet profile)

Original item by Gary Stokes

Frances Macaulay Forde

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 16:52

I spent 14 months living in Midleton, near Cork until 2003 and this is one of the poems I wrote there:

Left Field
--------------

Lined up like the Waterford cows,
metal bodies glitter in an Irish field.

Black rubber circles squelching
acres of reconstituted bovine cud.

A Friesian audience has gathered
to ruminate on two-legged animals

with red and white coats, running
and Hurling a stone to each other,

between showers, near Carol’s Cross.

Frances Macaulay Forde © 2003

Comment is about Frances Macaulay Forde (Poet profile)

Original item by Frances Macaulay Forde

Frances Macaulay Forde

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 16:49

Sorry - also wanted to share a 'hurley' poem which no-one over here (in Australia) understands... it's on my site too.

Comment is about Tomás Ó Cárthaigh (Poet profile)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Frances Macaulay Forde

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 16:48

Thanks for your comments on my site.
I've just posted a reply on there for you...
Frances

Comment is about Tomás Ó Cárthaigh (Poet profile)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Frances Macaulay Forde

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 16:45

I spent my formative years between 1954 and 1974 in Northern Rhodesia which became Zambia in 1964. I'm in touch with friends who still live or have family there.
My heart goes out to the people of Zimbabwe who are suffering - the ordinary person in the street is dying although he has millions in his hands, he cannot buy food or milk because there isn't any in the shops and his millions are worthless.
Any change at all, must be an improvement! When Independance was granted and for quite a few years afterwards, Zimbabwe was THE place to holiday or to live because the ordinary man in the street was happy and could afford to be very comfortably.
Now, no-one can except those in power who live in Chinese palaces and shop in Paris on a whim!
It's time... and here's another poem for you. This one appears on here http://www.sokwanele.com/thisiszimbabwe/archives/category/opinions-and-emotions/page/3
It's called:

ROOTS & WINGS

When someone asks for a memory
of Africa, I always remember
those dusty hours spent outside
Katie’s Khaya under the Mopani…

Quiet melodious chattering,
the smell of sunshine and family.
Bright white sudza plops in the pot
while bundu sticks crackled with fire.

Low stools where we crouched
in total concentration on a square
of a dozen small indents for stones,
scratched out of Africa’s skin.

Today Eddie talks of ‘roots and wings’,
of flights of fear or stoic stance:
the holes left by those who uproot
and the bravery of those who stay…

I visualize a map of Zimbabwe
systematically marked with holes.
Is this just another game of ‘Stones’
where only one man gets a turn?

Frances Macaulay Forde ~2007

Comment is about Frances Macaulay Forde (Poet profile)

Original item by Frances Macaulay Forde

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 16:29

Youve got a good grasp of language... you should try rhyme a bit more...

Comment is about David Agnew (Poet profile)

Original item by David Agnew

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 16:28

I love your poetry, but may I suggest varying the rhyming word ending?

Comment is about Dr T. Ashok Chakravarthy, Litt.D (Poet profile)

Original item by Dr T. Ashok Chakravarthy, Litt.D

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 16:26

Ill check out the profile... you mught like to read my work at www.writingsinrhyme.com

Comment is about Emmanuel Sigauke (Poet profile)

Original item by Emmanuel Sigauke

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 16:24

A lot of people are concerned about Zimbabwe, but who is to say the opposition will be any better?

The feeling in the piece is expressed well.

Comment is about Frances Macaulay Forde (Poet profile)

Original item by Frances Macaulay Forde

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 16:19

I have just lkearned his bar went bust, and he is sueing his business partner. Im hoping all works out for Vince Kearney.

Comment is about The Turn of Luck - An Irish Good Luck Story (blog)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Malcolm Saunders

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 14:16

Thanks for coming it was brilliant to see you and the contributions from the Wolers were fantastic as ever.

Comment is about Earth to Earth (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Richard Brooks

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 10:59

thanks for you comment! keep your poems coming Zuzanna!

take care

Comment is about Do you mind if I don't watch you die? (blog)

Original item by Richard Brooks

paul

Wed 23rd Apr 2008 10:27

All the good photographs are by Pete Crompton! The rest by me.

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 151 302 453 604 755 906 1057 1208 1359 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1507 1508 1509 Next -->