Tue 6th Nov 2007 01:10

its lovely, perfect in every way.

Comment is about almost empty (blog)

Tue 6th Nov 2007 00:59

na your no prat and its not your fault that I havent a clue about tech terms on poetry.I would love to know what it is, if you ever have the time to explain. thanks

Comment is about Stallion (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Mon 5th Nov 2007 09:08

Sorry. Last verse but one. I will try to speak English in future and avoid being a prat.

Comment is about Stallion (blog)

Mon 5th Nov 2007 03:10

well malcolm, thanks for the cool story. I would have never noticed it, not sure what a penultimate stanza is.thanks

Comment is about Stallion (blog)

Sophie McKeand

Sun 4th Nov 2007 23:04

hmmm... mr malpoet whilst i may love some of your poetry, your philosophical and political perspectives leave me somewhat cold... and possibly starving if i am not lucky enough to be one of the few that benefits from the free market economy to which you hold so dear! is it possible to read the art without taking into account the poets own viewpoints? i'm not sure... now that i have followed your links i am decidedly unhappy :-(
mises.org is scary and worryingly sane sounding in my humble opinion... do you seek the end of the world? or is it simply that you have no care for those who do not fit your own brand of market economy, for example, the other three quarters of the population of this Earth upon which we all briefly live...
when i look at your website the first thing that i notice is the 'click throughs' to gambling websites, is money more important to you than your art? it certainly seems to be the case...
but hey, what do i know, i am just a flip flop wearing liberal with too much time on my hands - go fill your boots and the rest be damned!

Comment is about Malpoet (Poet profile)

julian

Sun 4th Nov 2007 16:21

A fabulous poem, Morag. Some great lines in it, my favourites being:
Woman growing, woman stretching,
Through the shiny skin of girl

the woman growing through the girl is such a fantastic image

and

Through my blood new life is flowing,
Through my veins all futures pass.

the role of women in continuing the species is write small but understand large, in these two lines.

Though one line does not scan, for me:
So may taint me, saint, paint me,

I feel there is a syllable missing. But perhaps I am wrong?

Thank you for such a fabulous poem.

Julian

Comment is about Woman (article)

Malcolm Saunders

Sun 4th Nov 2007 11:17

Thanks very much Clarissa.This is an account of an actual event. Travellers put their horses into a field next to a house I used to live in. They were there for some time and we enjoyed their presence. When the stallion was delivered one day everything changed. and it was pretty much as I describe in the poem.

Sorry I have noticed a typo. It should say 'crunching' in the last line of the penultimate stanza.

Comment is about Stallion (blog)

Sun 4th Nov 2007 02:30

i was in a car accident today, not feeling well. im ok just very tired have to work sunday on matthews b-day.

Comment is about vivianes section (blog)

Sat 3rd Nov 2007 15:24

wow, its really very good. the ending took me by surprise. thanks

Comment is about Stallion (blog)

Pete Crompton

Sat 3rd Nov 2007 11:55

oops i posted the wrong audio link!!

No its not auto biog apart from Miss Davies who was my crush at school!

Comment is about vivianes section (blog)

Sat 3rd Nov 2007 04:38

you know what? You read very well, its like listening to a show, very animanted, wish I was as good as you are. good job on that audio!

Comment is about vivianes section (blog)

Sat 3rd Nov 2007 03:35

well thats a different poem on audio, its called come along dear, its interesting, seems like a convo between to people that are kinda rude to eachother, reminds me a little of my grandparents, except naught, and they never were naughty, its amazing they had any kids! its a good poem, just hope its not real for you.

Comment is about vivianes section (blog)

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 18:39

nice poems

Comment is about Anna Percy (Poet profile)

Original item by Anna Percy

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 18:35

wonderful poems!

Comment is about Morag Reid (Poet profile)

Original item by Morag Reid

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 18:28

these are great poems, thanks so much

Comment is about John Kerr (Poet profile)

Original item by John Kerr

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 18:22

thats a very nice poem

Comment is about Chuka Nnanna Okeke (Poet profile)

Original item by Chuka Nnanna Okeke

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 17:36

this is an amazing poem about the testing done on animals in the name of science and product safty for humans. It burns me to the core that they do this, I do the best that I can NOT to purchase products that are tested on animals. They do the most stupid things like spray mouth wash in their eyes, of course it hurtsand would harm a human, however if your stupid enough as a human to get it in your eyes then...well, must be retarded. ah great job!

Comment is about vivianes section (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 16:37

Merci mesdames. Viva les vivre, lament pas les morts. N'est ce pas.

Comment is about Springtime (blog)

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 13:24

this is a very nice poem,I enjoyed reading it, thanks

Comment is about Springtime (blog)

Moxy Casimir

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 13:24

Aperitifs-a-Plenty and the recrudescence of decency to intellectual joy to you! You are an harlequin with a wooden ruff which people mistake for a picnic table, spreading their molecular gastronomic foams like sterile cuckoo spit across it. Hey, but they're the kind of people who can find Nature in an upturned tub of generic curry powder, so what the hell! Lord-a-bless thee for thy beautifully conditioned, cask-matured words!

Comment is about Malpoet (Poet profile)

Moxy Casimir

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 12:35

Je suis tres triste pour les frogs. Zut alors, les mauvais autres qui mange les petits bebes. Je regarde les frogs avec joie. Pauvre, pauvre petit betes! Je parle Manglaisfrancurdle. Oui? Bien sur je do just that.
Fantastique, Malpoet!

Comment is about Springtime (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Fri 2nd Nov 2007 09:40

Sophie McKeand

Thu 1st Nov 2007 21:51

oh god here i go again... totally loved it... you have really upped your game in your delivery style pete.. and it shows. i think that you do subtle understatement really well, and because your poems are so full of emotion working with them in this way adds a whole new dimension to the poem. Loved the photography too, Andy's always off doing the 'urban decay photography' thing, it's amazing what you can find in a dodgy old building!

Comment is about Getting Old - A Poem (blog)

Sophie McKeand

Thu 1st Nov 2007 21:47

Comment is about Getting Old - A Poem (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Thu 1st Nov 2007 08:49

Thanks Clarissa. This vile crime has never left my mind. I know there are awful murders all the time, but this was particularly sadistic.

Comment is about Slaughter in Jasper (blog)

Thu 1st Nov 2007 01:58

that was a very sad day, stupid people are every place, great poem

Comment is about Slaughter in Jasper (blog)

paul

Wed 31st Oct 2007 11:44

Videos is the first phase in what promises to be some thing quite special

Comment is about (photo)

Darren Thomas

Sun 28th Oct 2007 08:51

Pete, I'm fast running out of superlatives for your work and this piece, both its contents and your vocal delivery, are superb.
Two of my children were born at Billinge Hospital by the way. It didn't look much different than your picture!
Anyway, once again, an excellent piece of poetry. Now, if you don't mind I'm off to get older.

Comment is about Getting Old - A Poem (blog)

Gemma ONeill

Sat 27th Oct 2007 11:43

Wow! Chinese food AND plastic furniture, I can but dream....

Comment is about Malpoet (Poet profile)

Malcolm Saunders

Sat 27th Oct 2007 10:38

Went to the Chinese last night. Ate crap. Talked about the fine plastic furniture endlessly. Chin highly polished. About to be divorced.

Comment is about Gemma Lees (Poet profile)

Original item by Gemma Lees

Malcolm Saunders

Sat 27th Oct 2007 10:32

Thanks Clarissa. I appreciate your comments.

Comment is about Religious Hatred Bill (blog)

Sat 27th Oct 2007 05:39

nice, i like it, reads very well. thanks

Comment is about Religious Hatred Bill (blog)

Sat 27th Oct 2007 03:04

HI Derek, these are very nice poem. thanks

Comment is about Derek Adams (Poet profile)

Original item by Derek Adams

Sat 27th Oct 2007 01:28

the pic fits the poem very well, my really long comment went to this poem and pic. I have this pic, good job

Comment is about Getting Old - A Poem (blog)

Gemma ONeill

Fri 26th Oct 2007 22:58

I went to KFC then back to me flat to watch Sky till me brain melted and I fell asleep! Haha! But strangley, whilst doing so I did stroke my chin (covering it in chip grease) and discuss the architecture of my living room 'mmm, what an interesting 1970's fire place...'

Comment is about Malpoet (Poet profile)

Malcolm Saunders

Fri 26th Oct 2007 20:45

Hi Gem

Welcome to the sane and sensible world of Malpoetry. On return from Bordelleaux, Pam and I went to an absurdly expensive and pretentious restaurant where we had about 8 courses of tiny pieces of food and froth, then we went to York to visit our granddaughter at Uni where we stayed in a smarty pants hotel with yet another restaurant meal. Drove through glorious English countryside to the Lake District and another flash Hotel, Dinner in a swanky restaurant and then drove home. Never stroked my chin once and hardly ever commented on the architecture and paintings.

Retired Chinny Winny.

Revolutionary working class poet.

Comment is about Malpoet (Poet profile)

Gemma ONeill

Thu 25th Oct 2007 10:07

ah now doesn't it feel better to admit you're a chinny winny after all?!

Comment is about Malpoet (Poet profile)

Thu 25th Oct 2007 03:06

OK Dave... I need more poems of yours to read!!! takr care clarissa

Comment is about London Writers Cafe (Poet profile)

Original item by London Writers Cafe

Wed 24th Oct 2007 00:46

Dave, Go Jack Go is very funny, I enjoyed it very much and think I understand it. you have a sharp mind, would not want to debate you ever! thanks clarissa

Comment is about London Writers Cafe (Poet profile)

Original item by London Writers Cafe

David Morgan

Tue 23rd Oct 2007 23:35

that's no rant Mike,as far as I'm concerned it's got everything a poem needs, metaphor, feeling, message, multi-layered, but accessible, all packed into a neat well-crafted bundle of lines. Cheers, keep up the good work.

Dave Morgan

Comment is about mike watts (Poet profile)

Original item by mike watts

Tue 23rd Oct 2007 03:05

I think its a wonderful poem, seems you have been watching the same people that I have! great job wonderful poem keep up the fab work! thanks

Comment is about Shaun Fallows (Poet profile)

Original item by Shaun Fallows

Mon 22nd Oct 2007 04:06

wonderful poems, fantastic!! thanks

Comment is about Alabaster DePlume (Poet profile)

Original item by Alabaster DePlume

Mon 22nd Oct 2007 03:44

very nice ideas, I like the poem very much, its too bad the world is going to shit, all we can hope in is Gods love for humans. thanks

Comment is about Dr T. Ashok Chakravarthy, Litt.D (Poet profile)

Original item by Dr T. Ashok Chakravarthy, Litt.D

David Morgan

Fri 19th Oct 2007 11:23

Thanks Val, there's a update on my biog age, glad you enjoyed it.

Dave

Comment is about Hovis in Wonderland (blog)

Original item by Valerie Cook

Fri 19th Oct 2007 04:34

OMG I so enjoyed reading your poems :) made me laugh and smile, you have such a wonderful talent! keep writting I enjoy it very much, thanks

Comment is about Cayn White (Poet profile)

Original item by Cayn White

Fri 19th Oct 2007 04:27

this is a wonderful poem, full of truth. It points out just how lazy we all can be. So busy with life, we dont see or know what we are really doing to our real home the earth. thanks and keep doing this wonderful poetry!

Comment is about Christine Makin (Poet profile)

Original item by Christine Makin

Fri 19th Oct 2007 04:23

wow , I really enjoyed reading your poems, they are raw and very exciting in a naughty way! keep doing what your doing, its wonderful! thanks

Comment is about dam robinson (Poet profile)

Original item by dam robinson

Thu 18th Oct 2007 03:34

I enjoyed your poems very much, thanks

Comment is about Valerie Cook (Poet profile)

Original item by Valerie Cook

Thu 18th Oct 2007 03:25

You have such great talent, I enjoyed reading your poems, the first so sad, the next rather happy. thanks

Comment is about Lindsey Ashton (Poet profile)

Original item by Lindsey Ashton

Thu 18th Oct 2007 03:21

thats a very interesting way to write a poem, I enjoyed it. thanks

Comment is about Paul Harris RIP 1946 to 2010 (Poet profile)

Original item by Paul Harris RIP 1946 to 2010

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 148 296 444 592 740 888 1036 1184 1332 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 Next -->