clarissa mckone

Tue 6th May 2008 03:40

HI Antonio,
Nice poem! I wont pretend to know a thing about "football" I know its a game, and some play and many watch it.
As for the rest of the poem I loved it! Yes we girls had to dress to the NINES as well, and now I have 2 boys and a girl, all teenagers, and I tell you, I think the boys may be worse, at what to wear and the hair! LOL great poem! LIFE!!

Comment is about Manchester Yesterdays (blog)

Mon 5th May 2008 22:35

Hello, Antonio

The first stanza refers to 1966 World Cup...?
To bad, you did not have a team in your Town.

"The 1966 World Cup was held in England - there were 4 groups with the top 2 teams of each group qualifying for the quarter-finals. England, who played all their games at Wembley, qualified top of their group and then went on to win the World Cup."

Then the write goes down the memory lane, sounds smooth, even though it was not! In your writing, there are some funny and happy times.
***"Against the unfairness of life and love. Their shirts impressed"***I guess when at young age the shirts and the entire dress has to be Spic and Span!
Your rhyme came on time to in all the endings of each stanzas which is PLUS for you and I say it COOL!!

At time, it shows how much struggles needs to overcome to meet the ends and ODDS life offers!...Smile. The work looks great!

I guess I said enough for this one.
Great poem - Totally enjoyed...(((~.~)))

Zuzanna

Comment is about Manchester Yesterdays (blog)

steve

Mon 5th May 2008 19:20

a school field scarred with creosote - class Pete

Comment is about the long hot summer of 1976 (blog)

steve

Mon 5th May 2008 19:01

i like the rhythm Pete - do you write lyrics also?

Comment is about One shot at life (blog)

steve

Mon 5th May 2008 18:58

love - the elusive concept

Comment is about THE PAIN OF LOVE (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Darren Thomas

Mon 5th May 2008 18:07

That's the beauty about 'experience' - you cannot purchase it or even demand it. When the time is right - it finds you.
Nice thoughts Zuzanna.

Comment is about THE PAIN OF LOVE (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

clarissa mckone

Mon 5th May 2008 03:57

Im sure some live this way, and I could never, nor can I even imagin this type of life. You know I hate needles, and drugs are well, should slap the shit from them. Im tired of people wasteing life, its sad. true life and not worth it. tragic. your too good at poems like theses!

Comment is about One shot at life (blog)

clarissa mckone

Mon 5th May 2008 03:51

HI Zuzanna,
This is nice work, I have read about them, and have family and friends that have gone down that deep into Mexico etc, but with the internal conflict in those countries, I have not gone deep in and pretty much stay clear of border area as it war zone now. If I was dark like my sister id go, as i would fit in.To many murders and hostage type situations down there.But I agree id love to see them, in person. Not sure what of the history is true that I have read about them. human sacrifices, blood and hearts ripped out. That they captured people from other vilages and drugged them before killing for their Gods.Crazy stuff! I love the textiles from down there and the tiles are very pretty. good poem thanks

Comment is about THE MAYAS EMPIRE (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

clarissa mckone

Mon 5th May 2008 03:41

Hi There Antonio,
Its just great! Where is the hot tub? Ill skip on that over chlorinated pool too!

Comment is about I hate swimming (blog)

Pete Crompton

Sun 4th May 2008 19:51

drat
I never heard about this
it sounds great
I would have liked to have a pedal too

Lets hope it tours

Comment is about Ben Mellor's Voices of Descent (blog)

Original item by Dominic Berry

Pete Crompton

Sun 4th May 2008 19:47

great performance poem!

Comment is about I hate swimming (blog)

Pete Crompton

Sun 4th May 2008 19:46

Zuzanna!
You always take the time to read through all the poets here! You are the Queen of this land.

Peter

Thanks so much for your encouragement it helps so much I dont know if you know

you are the wonderous one
and a mystery too!
x

Comment is about Man the virus (blog)

Sun 4th May 2008 19:24

Great metamorphosis in this one!!
Your writes are interesting and colorful - enjoyed reading...Thank you!

Zuzanna

Comment is about A Symbol of Nature (blog)

Original item by Dai Miles

Sun 4th May 2008 19:21

HI, Pete

Sounds like your poem presents walking on memory lane - Memory, imprinted in your mind still alive to this day. Great imagination and good write.

Zuzanna

Comment is about the long hot summer of 1976 (blog)

Sun 4th May 2008 19:17

HI, Dai ~ quite interesting twists in your poem - I found your writings educational and thought provoking.

Kind Regards,
Zuzanna

Comment is about Taking his Advice (blog)

Original item by Dai Miles

Sun 4th May 2008 19:11

Hello, Tomas

Nice and true write. I hope that all the poems stay preserved for the next generations.
It will be nice to be remembered what writer tried to expose in his/her work!

Thank you for sharing.
Zuzanna

Comment is about Shall Another Read My Words (blog)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Sun 4th May 2008 19:03

Hello Dai ~ Great title and the entire write!

I agree it happens that they are here too. I am glad that my sons are older now and the era is over for being a part of the gang...Thought provoking write.

Zuzanna

Comment is about Bastards (blog)

Original item by Dai Miles

Sun 4th May 2008 18:55

Hello, Antonio

Thank you for the comment!
I have traveled almost half of USA and been to Hollywood as well as Santa Monica and the entire Coast in California, Arizona, and a San Diego, went to Mexico too. Perhaps in a future I might to travel there. Those Pyramids are lover then the ones in Egypt. In addition, what I have learned that there are build as a symbolic form of a Mayas Calendar. The amount of steps to the top has significant connection with their spiritual life. I live in North America, but the Country is not any part of that culture. Canada has its own Natives and their tradition's. Our Country is relatively young, only 140 old.

One needs at least 2 weeks time to cover the distances and site seeing there. Plus it is better to go with a tour, much safer.

Zuzanna

Comment is about THE MAYAS EMPIRE (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Steve OConnor

Sun 4th May 2008 18:55

'Poppy'

That's the bravest poem I've read in ages. It's brevity makes it that more powerful, and the final line dismisses any notions of cultural unawareness. Sometimes it's great to read a poem that comes in, makes it point and then f**ks off.

Punchy, punchy poem. Excellent.

Steve

PS - Stop writing such good poetry. You're making some of us look like amateurs!

Comment is about Melanie (Poet profile)

Original item by Melanie

Sun 4th May 2008 18:41

Hello, Antonio

Do not know how much fiction in your poem and how much you based on truth. To be honest I am allergic to Chlorine and cannot swim at all in the local swimming pools. I do not like swimming either so I agree with you on the subject... Well written!
Now I understand why one of my sons did not like to swim either...Smile

Zuzanna

Comment is about I hate swimming (blog)

Sun 4th May 2008 17:33

Hello, Pete

I like your poetry. There are lots said in your poems about the real life in today’s World. You are unique and creative writer. Yes indeed, man is the one who destroys many natural things, like the Rain Forest for just one example...Thought provoking and educational write.

GREAT JOB !

Zuzanna

Comment is about Man the virus (blog)

Sun 4th May 2008 17:12

Hello, Alvin

IMPRESSIVE !

Very profound writing here you exposed the truth what is happening with our World today.
There are many educational and thought provoking lines in your write. I wish you best of luck in the life microphone presentation.

GREAT POEM !

Zuzanna

Comment is about Earth, Our Mother Earth (blog)

Original item by Alvin Culzac

Sun 4th May 2008 17:06

Hello, Pete

Sounds like a real world for some out there, the needles and drugs all together sooner or latter it is definitely gravely road. Thought provoking, interesting poem!

Zuzanna

Comment is about One shot at life (blog)

Graham Eccles

Sun 4th May 2008 12:25

for sure, we will be poeting in the Novel Cafe on Lake Road in Ambleside from 730 on Thursday 8th May, everyone is welcome and again we will be in the Queen Cellar Bar on Sunday from 2ish til 5ish - there will be a poetry competition of sorts on the sunday which is open to all. Also, anyone is welcome to attend Poetic Justice at the Novel on the Thursday. Really hope you can make it. CAtch you there.

Comment is about Mark Underwood (Poet profile)

Original item by Mark Underwood

Tai Mahmud

Sun 4th May 2008 08:28

I like to ride my 'bicycle' :D (Show teeth) Love it. You have a raw talent. Keep doing what you do! :)

Comment is about Mia Darlone (Poet profile)

Original item by Mia Darlone

Tai Mahmud

Sun 4th May 2008 08:26

Thanks for the comments bro! Loving your pieces. Very descriptive! :)

Comment is about Daniel Hall (Poet profile)

Original item by Daniel Hall

Pete Crompton

Sat 3rd May 2008 13:17

I can't edit out my spelling mistakes. Sorry for them.

Comment is about Death of a Forest (blog)

Original item by Dai Miles

Pete Crompton

Sat 3rd May 2008 13:16

Hello Dai.
I like the idea of the last call of the lark.

It made me think hmmm wonder if the lark is really saying he will be back.

Man the virus must change if he is to survive.
Nature will always find a way.
If someon argues we are the next step of evolution I would argue back and say that even in nature there are glitches.

For all our good
for all our fantastic achievements, we let ourselves down for these materiel gains.

To destroy a forest is criminal to our planet.

Dai,

I think nature will strike back.

Well done with this poem

It got me thinking and on a roll.
I'm off to write.
Please
any more eco / animal stuff for me to read?

thanks for your words

Peter

Comment is about Death of a Forest (blog)

Original item by Dai Miles

Pete Crompton

Sat 3rd May 2008 01:51

Hi Steve. You enquired about a god sound recorder. I think 'audacity' is very good and easy to use.

all the breast, I mean best sorry

Pete

Comment is about mr stephen (Poet profile)

Original item by mr stephen

clarissa mckone

Sat 3rd May 2008 01:08

Hi Daniel,
Your poems are very nice. thanks

Comment is about Daniel Hall (Poet profile)

Original item by Daniel Hall

clarissa mckone

Sat 3rd May 2008 01:07

NIce poem.

Comment is about A Thing You Say (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hall

clarissa mckone

Sat 3rd May 2008 01:07

Hi Daniel,
Nice poem! Thanks

Comment is about On a Shingle Beach (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hall

Dai Miles

Fri 2nd May 2008 23:31

Hey, Zuzanna

Thanks for reading and commenting. Yes, you are right. Trees are being felled and birds are leaving. Sad, very sad!

Comment is about Death of a Forest (blog)

Original item by Dai Miles

Fri 2nd May 2008 19:03

Hello, Dai

Interesting and mysterious though provoking write;
I like the poem; it shows that there is something there in your area that requires attention.

Zuzanna

Comment is about Death of a Forest (blog)

Original item by Dai Miles

Fri 2nd May 2008 19:00

Hello, Phil

Nice Poem!

"I may be old and dreamy; in my forgotten state

But I still dream of developers before it'd too late"

Enjoyed reading- these last two lines are really giving a reader a lot of to think of.

GREAT JOB!

Warm Regards,
Zuzanna

Comment is about Canal, the end? (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Fri 2nd May 2008 18:54

Hello, Daniel

I love the picture in your profile. It is unique!

Thank you so much for your comment on my writings. I appreciate a lot!

Your writings are fabulous. I do miss the chance to be able to read my writes in an open microphone. We do not have those yet in my Province. I believe that UK has been the center for an Art in writing.

I feel this in every poet’s heart.

Zuzanna M

Comment is about Daniel Hall (Poet profile)

Original item by Daniel Hall

Fri 2nd May 2008 18:44

Hello, Daniel

With romance and some adventure, lovely poem, really love your write.

Fantastic Job!

Zuzanna

Comment is about On a Shingle Beach (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hall

Tim Linton

Fri 2nd May 2008 18:18

lovely poem! Thanks!

Comment is about On a Shingle Beach (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hall

Mia Darlone

Fri 2nd May 2008 12:08

Thank you for your comment - I do indeed have a very high level of testosterone.
Really liked your poems - Mind Doors is so typical of us; I think we are too quick to spout the 'all men are bastards' line - when in fact it's often our own doing!

Comment is about Daniel Hall (Poet profile)

Original item by Daniel Hall

Daniel Hall

Fri 2nd May 2008 11:41

I realy enjoyed this more contemplative poem from you. I'd only previously read and heard you perform work with a harder edge. Thank you for showing a tender heart.

Comment is about The Runaways (blog)

Original item by Shelley Ann Dwornik

Daniel Hall

Fri 2nd May 2008 11:36

Hiya Mia, Okay, their looking at me funny here because I have a stupid grin on my face and it's your fault. The whimsical nature of your poems sounds more like something a lad would be writting about, perhaps even funnier because your not. Give us more!

Comment is about Mia Darlone (Poet profile)

Original item by Mia Darlone

Daniel Hall

Fri 2nd May 2008 11:29

Hi Tai.... hmmm, that sounds a bit odd. Lets try again. Yo Tia... That's better, but not really something I'd say. You've a voice that speaks from the heart what you see, feel and believe to be true. I hope you continue upon the path you have now chosen because good things are coming from it.

Comment is about Tai Mahmud (Poet profile)

Original item by Tai Mahmud

Daniel Hall

Fri 2nd May 2008 11:22

Hi Zuzanna, You have a style that is instructive and unique. So much information packed into a small space. It left my head spinning at times. Good to read your work.

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Daniel Hall

Fri 2nd May 2008 08:58

An excellent choice from the collection of an exceptional poet. A sensual snapshot which made me sigh and fall back into my own memories.

Comment is about I'd like to live in a French Film (article)

Daniel Hall

Fri 2nd May 2008 08:55

Exceptional work. Smooth flowing imagery with emotion that doesn't overwhelm, delivered in a controlled manner.

Comment is about Gaia Holmes (Poet profile)

Original item by Gaia Holmes

Darren Thomas

Fri 2nd May 2008 08:31

A fine choice Helen. This poem is a brilliant example of what i believe 'Poetry' is all about. It has everything. Superb, Gaia. Well done.

Comment is about I'd like to live in a French Film (article)

Katie Haigh

Fri 2nd May 2008 08:13

Gemma your an excellent poet. You are one of the greats and I never get tired of reading them so hurry up and get a book published of them so I can read them all the time

Comment is about Gemma Lees (Poet profile)

Original item by Gemma Lees

Katie Haigh

Fri 2nd May 2008 08:10

This poem is lovely it has such feeling well done!

Comment is about Isley (Poet profile)

Original item by Isley

Steve OConnor

Thu 1st May 2008 20:05

Dominic who?!

'Bout time you turned up here!

Can you imagine?... There's people here who have never attended FREED UP!

Just thinking about that sort of thing scares me.

My Favourite Meals - Well, you know what I think of this.

Cheery-bye
Steve

Comment is about Dominic Berry (Poet profile)

Original item by Dominic Berry

Richard Brooks

Thu 1st May 2008 20:02

I interviewed Ben Mellor for a program for channel M at Uni, nice guy, he performed a poem in the studio aswell

Comment is about Ben Mellor's Voices of Descent (blog)

Original item by Dominic Berry

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 152 304 456 608 760 912 1064 1216 1368 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1509 1510 1511 Next -->