Sun 27th Jan 2008 01:18

Clarissa, with the Presidency it is really though. Hope the Good prevail. I wish that your Homeland will get a good man for a President. I hope Ron Paul wins the Election. There are many topics I could dwell on that would fall in to the protection plan from others point of view. Not sure how long and how many human beings will be lost by then…???
It is very disturbing thinking of those young and brave that left homes and never returned alive. Thank you for the additional comment....Zuzanna

Comment is about LETTER FROM HOME (blog)

clarissa mckone

Sat 26th Jan 2008 22:49

well its really sad, if we dont get the right person in as President here it wont happen. Hillery and Obama both voted for the war, as did all the republicans...except one, and Im working to get him elected, Ron Paul ! its a long shot, as so many Americans are brain washed into thinking we need to protect the world.

Comment is about LETTER FROM HOME (blog)

Sat 26th Jan 2008 21:44

Dear Poetess - Clarissa
Thank you for reading and leaving such a nice comment! Yes, we are all waiting... Your people too. We need our soldiers back home soon.
I mean all the soldiers from each country not just one. It will be like the end of the WWII.
Call for celebration for all the Nations.
Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about LETTER FROM HOME (blog)

clarissa mckone

Sat 26th Jan 2008 21:33

Hi Zuzanna, this is a very nice poem.

Comment is about LETTER FROM HOME (blog)

Sat 26th Jan 2008 21:28

Philip
You are amazing writer!
I love your feelings. You know how to grab an attention of a reader. Great poem!

Zuzanna

Comment is about Love is ............ (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

clarissa mckone

Sat 26th Jan 2008 17:05

HI Phil, this is a wonderful poem.

Comment is about Love is ............ (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

clarissa mckone

Sat 26th Jan 2008 17:03

Hi ricardo, this is nice.

Comment is about from Bone Tales (blog)

clarissa mckone

Sat 26th Jan 2008 17:01

hi daniel, this is a very nice poem!

Comment is about Days (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Nicola Beckett

Sat 26th Jan 2008 12:17

Hi Morag,
I like this poem a lot - it's very defiant and free! I like the lines - sculpt my shape in silicone, still my spirit will elude you, I am woman to the bone.
But the whole thing works for me! Excellent ryythm too, the momentum builds through the poem - keep writing
Nicola

Comment is about Woman (article)

Daniel Hooks

Sat 26th Jan 2008 10:49

great poem phil with all those innits going around here is a poem called rebel for you!

I am a slave to conformity
A social sheep
I go with the flow
And I am not too deep
I follow the latest fashion and fads
I hate all pop music especially my dads
I am hip and happening and talking like bling
Pretending I am black innit and ting

When I get older I’ll pull up my jeans
Comb down my hair and forget my teens
But today I’ll never conform or so it seems
I’ll live life in rebellion or so it seems

Comment is about ‘ing (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Daniel Hooks

Sat 26th Jan 2008 10:44

valentines day is fast aproaching and I would have loved to write this poem and dedicate it to my valentine
well done!

Comment is about Love is ............ (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Daniel Hooks

Sat 26th Jan 2008 10:42

nothing to say is also a great poem
I love the imagey please put some more up!

Comment is about garside (Poet profile)

Original item by garside

Daniel Hooks

Sat 26th Jan 2008 10:29

very good poem some great stanzas in there a humourous but a dark poem aswell

Comment is about Three Times a Virgin (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Philip Golding

Sat 26th Jan 2008 09:56

Thank you to all three of you for your kind words. Love is a complicated feeling to experience.

Paul I hope to cross the stage at bolton soon

Comment is about Love messes your mind (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Philip Golding

Sat 26th Jan 2008 09:45

Zuzanna thank you very much for you very kind words

One of the formats I enjoy is trying to put myself into another persons shoes or cive force to an object bringing it to life.

Comment is about A feast for your eyes (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Sat 26th Jan 2008 04:29

Philip,

WONDERFUL POEM!
You have captured new life, a miracle I call.

"Wind sweeps in, “don’t like this” you cry in your first cry

“Put me back now, its bloody cold out here”, you think say,

“Who ever pulled me out can just put me right back”."

These lines a very powerful image!!
Perhaps the new born feels that way, I am sure.
They are not able to say a word at the time of birth.
Beautiful write my dear Poet!

Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about A feast for your eyes (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Sat 26th Jan 2008 01:30

Ricardo,
It reminds of those long days on the Polar Circle where there in no darkness just day light there is a lot of imagination as well. The picture I draw from your write it is scary. Loved the mystery, the unknown…Great read!

Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about from Bone Tales (blog)

clarissa mckone

Fri 25th Jan 2008 20:33

Hi Neil, nice poem

Comment is about Ocean poem (blog)

Original item by Neil Francis Brooks

Belinda Johnston

Fri 25th Jan 2008 20:28

I really like the way you have used the words in this poem, they give the poem a beautiful ryhthm i feel.

One of my favourite lines is 'Once her glad eyes traced masses, now a tooth retraces dynastic clashes'.

I just imagine this great woman of her time, like Joan Arc, an iconic female figure.

I think it a wonderful, powerful poem, and well thought out.

Well done

Comment is about garside (Poet profile)

Original item by garside

stuart smith

Fri 25th Jan 2008 12:10

itchy feet

if all roads lead to rome
then to roam i must go.....

stuart smith

Comment is about London Writers Cafe (Poet profile)

Original item by London Writers Cafe

stuart smith

Fri 25th Jan 2008 11:58

hi dave
sounds like a great thing to hovis in wonderland. please get in touch and let me know when the next batch is going on. i am still in penrith and a bit out of touch, but keeping bumping into old friends of mine and richards even up here. take care
stuart smith

Comment is about London Writers Cafe (Poet profile)

Original item by London Writers Cafe

Fri 25th Jan 2008 06:07

Hello Hilary,
Thank you for reading my poem. I am very excited knowing that you have visited the place of my dreams. I am sure there are many things to see and enjoy. There are many tourists there daily, I was told as I have friends there… They employed in Tourism. A job was offered to me as an interpreter for English speaking people over there. Right now I am not in a position to be there but I am considering perhaps in two years or so. Did you take some pictures when being there? If comes to locals, I agree they are aggressive sellers of those souvenirs. That is their lifestyle - they thrive on tourists so to make money. Thank you for the very informative comment! I will definitely try to visit Luxor soonest I can....Zuzanna

Comment is about KING TUTANKHAMEN (blog)

Fri 25th Jan 2008 05:55

Sorry Hilary
For misspelling your name, was not intentional.
I see you being very upbeat person. The readings I imagine will be well done as you have a very vibrant personality.

Comment is about Hilary Walker (Poet profile)

Original item by Hilary Walker

Fri 25th Jan 2008 05:49

Hello Hillary,
Nice meeting you. I understand that you have been involved in live poetry reading. That is very motivating and gives the writer much confid3ence to get in front of the audience to read your writes. I can not imagine the joy you may feel doing so.

I thank you for visiting my page and will keep in touch with you. Today it is already late will come back soon...Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about Hilary Walker (Poet profile)

Original item by Hilary Walker

Fri 25th Jan 2008 05:44

Kevin,
Well, this is sort of continuity of my visit to Egypt! The youngest of Pharaohs fascinates as his thumb was found not to long ago. The Mummy quite well preserved after such a long time looking back in History. That place always will be my main subject to dwell on. Do not know why but I am attracted to that unique place.
Thank you for your comment! Join me in a tour to that Ancient Land.
Zuzanna

Comment is about KING TUTANKHAMEN (blog)

Fri 25th Jan 2008 05:35

Hello Lenford
Thank you for the feedback on my writings. Well brewing its good I would use the word 'Chewing'- the reason why I would use the word chewing is because of the words in poetry. Every single word one has to read and feel the impact of those words combined together to paint a wonderful image. To be able to do that the poem has to be read slow and with delight. Thank you so much for reading my BIO – Yes, I love the Country, but if comes to cold I am not sure...?

You mention the SAUNA well that is something that I can get here but I found it was hard on me. Perhaps it is different type not the original one as they use in Sweden or Finland. The real saunas are great and Europe is famous having them as part of Healthy Living. Thank you for the read and comments!

Regards,
Zuzanna

Comment is about KING TUTANKHAMEN (blog)

Fri 25th Jan 2008 05:23

Lenford
Great take on the subject!

"My Hands Were Made Strong"

We do have modern type of slavery in every corner of the planet! Often one does not know that has been treated differently then others, why because it is under the table type of slavery.
It is visible over here to- I think it is very sad to know that slavery still exists. It can be compared to discrimination because of the country of origin or the colour of the skin. there are many things that fall into this category. It reminds of "ROOTS"- A movie I have seen many times and was always sorry for those young black African people that were captured and used as slaves for a free labour. This is endless subject for me.

The poem you wrote has depth and a lot of educational base. It teaches those who do not know much about what has happened at the beginning how the slavery started. Thank you for the great writes...Zuzanna

Comment is about 200 years on (blog)

Original item by Lenford White

Fri 25th Jan 2008 05:12

Lenford
I will come back to read more of your poems soon. It is a pleasure to read your poetry.
Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about Lenford White (Poet profile)

Original item by Lenford White

Fri 25th Jan 2008 05:09

Hello Lenford

Your love poem has many wonderful faces. The poetry shows a lot of depth, almost psychological approach toward the emotion. You have depth in expression too. Being a thinker by nature you are able to put all on paper what was on your mind merely from observing others.

Your intuitive nature helps to create with vision and easiness each line that you intent to present to the reader. Fabulous job!
Zuzanna

Comment is about Lenford White (Poet profile)

Original item by Lenford White

Fri 25th Jan 2008 05:01

Lenford

Any written word can not be judged as good or bad so I was told. This is why I would like to pass the information on you so you will not be as hard on yourself thinking that your writes are good or not. Poetry today has many different faces. Some are free style some are Sonnets, some Haiku. People use many styles. All styles are nice.

I found your writing very nice. Easy to read and your feelings are in connections with your words.
Enjoyed this stanza in particular, as it gave me the perfection of your expressed feelings toward someone special.

"Lying down, I idly stroke your face and twist your hair around my fingers
You smell delicious, your skin is so silky, I put my arms around you and
Give you the tightest of squeezes. We both hold our breath.
Two hearts beat in unison, valentine’s day is our day. "

Very well written! Great poem!...Zuzanna

Comment is about Lenford White (Poet profile)

Original item by Lenford White

Fri 25th Jan 2008 04:43

Kevin,
The place fascinates! I am in love with this spectacular Ancient Culture. Imagine the technique they have been using to carve the stones the hieroglyphs, that is amazing!
To go there one does not have to worry about being thirsty. There is water available and provided. I was reading an article about buying a property there as an investment! The price is really great! When I retire I may go there to stay for a while, and then you can visit when you please. But that is my plan for later not now...Also you are invited to join me when I will be going there...Thank you for the thought provoking comment...Zuzanna

Comment is about LAND OF THE NILE (blog)

Fri 25th Jan 2008 04:31

Melissa
Your statement is correct! None of us will find out...
"what is the dark side of the moon,"

This was just a DREAM' and as you know some dreams are funny so my poem suppose to be funny too, some mystery in it as well.
But I found the Moon very interesting and fascinating! The mystery that of unknown what really pulls in. I love gazing at the stars too.

The Moon is very beautiful!
Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Fri 25th Jan 2008 04:18

Ricardo -Thank you for the comments you wrote about my writings. I agree with you, in most of my writings you find the elegy - It has something to do with my life experiences. I feel the connection with Nature and a love of the seasons. Just like music or lyrics with different tunes the poems will be in that kind of a motion… You pick on that well.

THANK YOU!
Zuzanna

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Melissa R. Mendelson

Fri 25th Jan 2008 04:08

The moon is indeed full of beauty and awe, but what does linger on the dark side of it? And if our minds were to dwell too long on what is the dark side of the moon, what dreams would come to paint the way to it?

It's better to gaze at the moon but no more, and just allow the sweetest of dreams to come from the light shining from the orb above us. :)

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

clarissa mckone

Fri 25th Jan 2008 01:22

Oh and I forgot one new type of slavery, very popular all areound america. Its the illegal mexicans, that are in a strange way the new slaves, they havent a clue! They get paid dirt wages. But then they have perks like free medical/dental, education, no taxes, free houseing and food.They can get loans for homes and cars and open bank accounts, with little to know proof of wages or who they are. I guess it could be said to be a modern type of slavery, with a twist.

Comment is about 200 years on (blog)

Original item by Lenford White

Pete Crompton

Fri 25th Jan 2008 01:06

thanks Clarissa I checked the site its brilliant! love it!

Comment is about (Poet profile)

clarissa mckone

Fri 25th Jan 2008 00:25

HI Lenford, nice poem.Are your from the South? I grew up hearing storys from family about slavery. Slavery is alive and doing well still today. The slave trade has been found in London, and Isreal, and Im sure other places as well. They now sell females of all ages, and I would guess boys to a point.The jobs are probably more degrading in this day and age as they are all sex slaves, working 12 hours or more a day, and their owner takes 80-90 % of the money made. Its interesting that the UN knows about this and the respective governments know, but never do anything to stop the slave trade. thanks

Comment is about 200 years on (blog)

Original item by Lenford White

Hilary Walker

Thu 24th Jan 2008 22:44

Hey Zuzanna,
Just enjoyed reading your poem which I found fascinating as I was in Egypt last week. I must confess it was a place my husband longed to visit but I thoroughly enjoyed it all, especially the Valley of the Kings. We went to Jordan, Cairo and then down to Luxor which was my favourite place. I have to say I felt safe at all times and although the locals were a little over zealous in their attempts to sell us anything and everything we looked at, and didn't look at, they were extremely friendly and informative. You must go !!. Cheers Hilary

Comment is about KING TUTANKHAMEN (blog)

Hilary Walker

Thu 24th Jan 2008 22:26

Comment is about KING TUTANKHAMEN (blog)

clarissa mckone

Thu 24th Jan 2008 18:23

Hi peter,
I found a really cool website you may enjoy. Its full of high tech stuff you can make.

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Lenford White

Thu 24th Jan 2008 16:46

...well I never, another one...Elizabeth Barrett

Comment is about KING TUTANKHAMEN (blog)

Lenford White

Thu 24th Jan 2008 16:45

Just read my coment and notice that I said I'm a Brewing fan....seriously interesting Freudian slip, I did brew when I was a student. But now I'm more of a Robert Browning fan :)

Comment is about KING TUTANKHAMEN (blog)

Lenford White

Thu 24th Jan 2008 16:41

Hello Zuzanne - I like your poems too! You sound like you're both immersed beneath and suspended in the geography of Canada, and the seasons.... I can see, touch, smell, hear and sense the snow…. it sounds wonderful, and it gives you clarity.

I like you're poem about sentiments - as well as your descriptions of changing seasons with the hints and clues that you give about imminent change - in your first poem - and the simple delight of walking with someone you care for - in the last.

But I like what you have to say about sentiments. I think that poems are really powerful reflective mechanisms, as is all writing, but I like the ways that poems unravel.

I was having a discussion with someone in work last week and she said that sometimes she will be half way through reading a book before realising that she has read several pages without being able to remember the context. I explained that this could not happen with poetry, as one of its luxuries is that you read line by line, and then go off at the end of each as the result of being stimulated (powerfully hopefully). Poems and poets stimulate the mind. Your sentiments poem does that.

Yes I do like to write about love, and frozen bits of time, like the good minute in Filly in Slumber, that’s all it took to write. Guess I’m a bit of a Brewing fan – interesting man….I know why Elizabeth Barras had to elope with him….. nothing to do with his poetry, more to do with his heritage.

Got a poem that I wrote in Finland about two years ago set in the depths of winter…it’s about a sauna – I think you would relate to it. Would you like to read it?

Regards lenford

Comment is about KING TUTANKHAMEN (blog)

Kevin Connolly

Thu 24th Jan 2008 10:02

Boy Emperor...A son
of Amenhooptep the King
His residence in Memphis
Now Cairo…
Five Thousand years old culture
Still inspires
and draws many tourists,
to this unique Land.

I can well see why. I would love to visit those ancient tombs and sarcophagi. There's nothing as fascinating as the distant past (apart from the future). Another excellent glimpse into history, Zuzanna.

Comment is about KING TUTANKHAMEN (blog)

Kevin Connolly

Thu 24th Jan 2008 09:50

I need a glass of water just thinking about Egypy, Zuzanna. The sweltering sun, the dry desert, the pyramids, hot to the touch... nirvana. if you go there next year, I think I'll join you.

Comment is about LAND OF THE NILE (blog)

Kevin Connolly

Thu 24th Jan 2008 09:41

This is very sweet, Zuzanna. You should have been a songwriter, you could write great pop songs. This reminds me of the Bay City Rollers in the 1970s, when music was innocent and pure.

Comment is about I LOVE YOU (blog)

paul

Wed 23rd Jan 2008 14:54

It can mess with your mind but always follow the yellow brick road and don't forget to click your heels three times and you'll get there.
Where have you been? We've missed you at both Bolton and Wigan?

Comment is about Love messes your mind (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

paul

Wed 23rd Jan 2008 14:51

Hi Neil
I like the imagery and tautness of both these poems - keep 'em coming

Comment is about Pages (blog)

Original item by Neil Francis Brooks

Kevin Connolly

Wed 23rd Jan 2008 00:26

This speaks volumes, Zuzanna. Someone to your immediate west has brought joy into your life... a friend like that is a gift from God.
I have a couple of friends like that to my immediate west, and you are one of them.

Comment is about THE WIND (blog)

Kevin Connolly

Wed 23rd Jan 2008 00:17

Cleopatra was undoubtedly a great woman, Zuzanna, I'll give her that.
But having suffered greatly (living in Northern Ireland) under the reign of Maggie Thatcher, I hope (personally) that I never see another woman in power in any land i live in, lol.
By the way, Hilary Clinton has no chance, so the USA will be safe in the hands of another eejit like Dubyah Bush for the next few years (Hilary will be up against the Republican candidate at the end, but only because her main rival hasn't a cat in hell's chance, for obvious reasons).

Comment is about CLEOPATRA (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 150 300 450 600 750 900 1050 1200 1350 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1489 1490 1491 Next -->