Chris Dawson

Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:54

Hi Val,
Thanks for your comments and suggestions on my recent blog entry - they're much appreciated. I've taken it off for the moment - I'll have another look at it when I have the time and inclination.
Hope you're well,
Cx

Comment is about Valerie Cook (poet profile)

Original item by Valerie Cook

Chris Dawson

Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:49

Hi there,
Thanks for your comments on my recent poem - you're right - no-one is much better than nobody. Appreciate your help.
I'm ok thanks, recovering from a recent op - not the one we discussed, but something that was a little more pressing. Been a bit fed-up, but been greatly helped by some of the lovely people on here!
Hope you're well?
Cx
btw - think you should take one of the photo's Darren posted of you on f/b, as your profile pic - you look very good in them!

Comment is about Gus Jonsson (poet profile)

Original item by Gus Jonsson

Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:13

and there was i wanting to make a swing from your branches to raise me high towards the sky with a smile on my face all the way. :-)

This is so sad Jessie but well written i think.

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Jessie

Joeseph Scythe

Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:04

Hey; thankyou both so much for your kind words. Always a delight to know someone has peered at my 'musings' so to say. Anywho, in regards to principles Janet a fantastic quote comes into mind from Oscar Wilde:
“I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.”
You both take care & thankyou again.

Comment is about Era (blog)

Original item by Many names, many faces...

Thu 24th Sep 2009 21:58

Lovely expressions of a marriage between lovers.

Janet.x

Comment is about Happy is the Bride on Whom the Sun Shines (blog)

Original item by Neil West

Thu 24th Sep 2009 21:55

Definitely an improvement on the last one that's for sure. x

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Neil West

Thu 24th Sep 2009 21:53

I can't honestly decide if this was discovered after a passing or after a simple clear out. It leaves me with a hollow feeling inside... and yet a cool breeze blows a whisper to your ear.
Hmm, very strange feeling wrought for me this as i've never experienced it before.

Janet.x

Comment is about Answer (blog)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Thu 24th Sep 2009 21:46

I think the ending is very sad. To think the one you love would stab you in the back so to speak is a horrendous thought and i for one certainly hope it isn't true. I could never do that to anyone intentionally, not even to those who've stabbed me in the back previously. Some people have no principles do they?

Janet.x

Comment is about Era (blog)

Original item by Many names, many faces...

Isobel

Thu 24th Sep 2009 21:31

Hi Nicky. Good to hear from you. We both have oodles in common so let's put our large handbags away and share a nice glass of wine instead. Feel free to email me with whatever it was you wanted to discuss. I need to have a chat with someone tonight and then sew labels into a hundred and one ballet cosumes - oh the joys...

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

jane wilcock

Thu 24th Sep 2009 21:29

I love this, just great. Kids and life, just great. thinking and writing just great, great... what can I say? great, great ,great

Comment is about It's hard to be a poet when you're a mum... (blog)

Original item by Isobel

jane wilcock

Thu 24th Sep 2009 21:19

Hi Cynthia, Thankyou for your comment re "kids in buckets", very ecological and my neices liked it. I have a series of garden poems for kids but no idea how to start re publication. I love your site and have read it a few times. I think I like the freshness and flight but association of ideas. My favourites, if you dont mind my saying , are "3 am on an old computer," ( we have all been the mouse there!), "last night I heard a squwark" very moody, and "the last verse" which is so softly touched and touching. May you continue to see the world in its originality.

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Thu 24th Sep 2009 21:11

Your pic, your choice. You're as bad as me. I don't have many of myself either. Been teaching myself to upload images from my phone but i will offer one which someone on here took of me at a gig. The one i would have liked to put on there is too big and i don't know how to make it smaller. Ah well. Nice little exchange though.

Please feel free to remove these comments. It's not as if they are about your poetry so i won't be offended.
Janet.x

Comment is about Neil West (poet profile)

Original item by Neil West

Nichola Burrows

Thu 24th Sep 2009 20:50

Isobel, I shall let you into a little secret. As my two year old son would say 'I luff you'. lol - obviously not in a romantic sense - but in a ' someother sense' I cannot quite find the correct word. Really enjoy the discussion, although, as I said, I fear I may have created a monster. I suppose that is the way discussion threads go - and I do not like the elitist take on the thread - however, thats by the by. I mean't to leave a comment for you earlier on your profile, (but dinnertime took over and I am struggling with a certain project I have going) to say 'this comment is not personally aimed at you' regarding the reference on the engaging with the website thread, before you took up your guns and started aiming at me again, lol, but you beat me to it. No 'handbags at dawn' tonight, to quote Russell I think, was it? I would like to discuss something with you, do you mind if I contact you direct by email? Please let me know either on profile or by email.

Nicky x

Comment is about Isobel (poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Thu 24th Sep 2009 20:49

Hilarious! Very funny! Best laugh i've had all day. Thankyou so very much. :-)
Tum te tum. brilliant.
Janet.x

Comment is about John Coopey (poet profile)

Original item by John Coopey

Thu 24th Sep 2009 20:46

There's no difference. :-)

Anyway, how do you manage to change it, every time i try to put a pic in it doesn't work. I always end up mithering poor Paul to do it for me.

Comment is about Neil West (poet profile)

Original item by Neil West

Thu 24th Sep 2009 20:33

Where's the happy smiley face gone?
Sorry but this looks depressing. Hope you're not going through a strange metamorphosis. :-)

Janet.x

Comment is about Neil West (poet profile)

Original item by Neil West

Thu 24th Sep 2009 20:31

my head is in repair
my tracer lights are
darkly throwing;
my head was in dispair
my eons in time were
sparkly glowing.

Comment is about Lizzie by night (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Thu 24th Sep 2009 20:24

GJ- : )

CBT- I shall think some more...

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Thu 24th Sep 2009 20:19

20:20

Comment is about Lizzie by night (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Thu 24th Sep 2009 19:15

Have i seen this before?
Like it anyway. Simply put but eloquently too in my opinion.

Janet.x

Comment is about Lizzie by night (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Thu 24th Sep 2009 19:12

Lovely Jessie. I was alitlle confused by the rabbit and then the deers leg but all in all i enjoyed the poem and anyone asking for healing and to be brought closer is right up my street.

Janet.x

Comment is about Hopeful Future (blog)

Original item by Jessie

Gus Jonsson

Thu 24th Sep 2009 19:05

Hi Cynthia
Thank you for your comments ... at least the objective was attained... i.e. to be sensual.

The layout... as well visually pleasing, it aids my reading back in order that I pause for effect and read at a pace which suits the poem to performance.
Once again thank you for your encouraging words.
Gusxx

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Thu 24th Sep 2009 18:49

Mary, I love this. What a vivid picture of sight, sound and movement. I'm sorry it took so long before commenting. I will look for more..

Comment is about Dappled Horse (blog)

Thu 24th Sep 2009 18:25

I think you're hilarious. You like yanking strings to see how the puppet will flop.

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Thu 24th Sep 2009 18:22

On a par, perhaps, with 'Jesus wept'?

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Thu 24th Sep 2009 18:19

This is good, Bernie.
It is so heart-breaking to see that the grip of 'hell indoctrination' is never really thrown off by anyone caught when he/she was only a child. I'm understanding that you have actually succeeded. Is this 'flight' of your poem a literal one, such as a realistic plane ride to a war zone? Or a resurrected 'flight of fancy' taking you right back to your original childhood fears?

Comment is about Faithless (blog)

Thu 24th Sep 2009 18:07

Lovely poem, Anthony, with interesting imagery. I could see Steve's point; verse 2 is outstanding in its creative metaphors. But I did enjoy the whole effortless flow of words, rhythm and rhyme. Very catchy title.
It's great to see someone else willing to be 'unabashedly lyrical' also. I was thinking of you earlier today, and wondering if all was well. And here you are this afternoon.

Comment is about Beyond the Equinox (blog)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

John Darwin

Thu 24th Sep 2009 18:06

Wonderful. One very disturbing image in there though :-)

John

Comment is about The Waiting (blog)

Original item by John Togher

Neil West

Thu 24th Sep 2009 17:49

I agree that this is a difficult read, you've taken a subject I wouldn't be brave enough to tackle and handled it well.

Comment is about New poem: Joke Rape World (blog)

Thu 24th Sep 2009 17:44

A great presentation of that unique 'once in a lifetime second'. What a super way to say the almost inexpressible.

Comment is about Lizzie by night (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Thu 24th Sep 2009 17:34

Anything ...Anything that mentions Bill Hicks grabs my attention...I have read the first stanza and this message has been 'interrupted' Interesting...very...Hospital food has interrupted me...

Comment is about New poem: Joke Rape World (blog)

Thu 24th Sep 2009 14:55

...as I was saying!

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

John Darwin

Thu 24th Sep 2009 14:45

Nicky, thanks you for your comments on 'the daylight comes with me' and for taking the time to respond so thoughfully. Much appreciated. On the title and the same line within it - it is purely a sexual reference, the literal climax of the relationship between these people (whoever they may be :-)) as the daylight puts an end to their time alone. I am glad you enjoyed the poem.

Thanks
John

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

John Togher

Thu 24th Sep 2009 14:12

Cheers Mr Thomas. Shows how important spelling is, even though most who read it would have got the intended image. I suppose all stationery shops are stationary shops.

I'm quite fond of this poem and I'm not sure why, there's definitely something there, a narrative from a collection of lines, hints at a story, plenty of symbols; if anything it's a fun piece of throwing down lines and words which doesn't have to mean anything.

Comment is about The Waiting (blog)

Original item by John Togher

Isobel

Thu 24th Sep 2009 13:36

I'm not normally one to appreciate a nature poem but have to take my hat off to you Anthony - the poem is beautiful to read and to listen to. You would probably like me to criticise it - but I am never too good at that - just know what I like and what has obviously been grafted over.

Comment is about Beyond the Equinox (blog)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

Gus Jonsson

Thu 24th Sep 2009 13:35

I like this ...I like this a lot.

well done
Gusxx

Comment is about loving frieze (blog)

Thu 24th Sep 2009 12:04

Hi Yolande, there's a lot of truth in your poem and humour too. Would be great performed i think. All i can say is thank god i've never shagged a poet if this is what i can expect if we fall out. tee hee!

Janet.x

Comment is about Never Shag A Poet (blog)

Original item by Yolande

Thu 24th Sep 2009 11:55

Hi Andy, just want to say thanks for your positive comments on my work. I might not always agree with the changes you would make but i appreciate your thoughts and care when critiquing. Thanks again,

Janet.x

Comment is about Andy N (poet profile)

Original item by Andy N

Thu 24th Sep 2009 11:49

Hi Neil, you're welcome to my comments and thankyou for accepting my thoughts so graciously. Something i need to learn to do sometimes but i'm getting there. :-)

Thankyou also for your thoughts on 'A gentile river.' To be honest it was one of those poems which land in your lap and even i had no idea what it was about. The comments were interesting to read so i'm happy now that i posted it. Sometimes imagery is all that's needed and looking to find something else defeats the object of the exercise so to speak.

Janet.x

ps. as for mysterious, i don't think so but i'll take it as a compliment. Thankyou.

Comment is about Neil West (poet profile)

Original item by Neil West

Thu 24th Sep 2009 11:42

Hi Isobel, thanks for your comment on my poem ''A gentile river.'
To be honest i wasn't sure what it was about myself. It was one of those which came to me while relaxing with no actual intention to write anything. It was the day after it was written i looked at it again and i realized it has several things running through it. There might well be something of myself in there but if so it came from within and not consciously.
When i first read it back to myself i doubted i should even post it. Now i'm glad i did. The various comments helped me to see something else in my own work. I think it was just one of those poems which are meant to be shared for the sheer pleasure of the imagery.

Janet.x

Comment is about Isobel (poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Thu 24th Sep 2009 11:34

Hi Graham, thankyou for your comment on my poem 'A gentile river.'
I placed a further comment below the poem if you'd like to see my response. I appreciate your input.

Janet.x

Comment is about Graham Sherwood (poet profile)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Thu 24th Sep 2009 11:31

Hi Cynthia, thanks for your comment on my poem ' A gentile river.'
I've added a comment of my own to the comment box below the poem. To be honest i didn't understand your comment. Maybe you read something in it which was not intentional i don't know. Thankyou anyway. Your comments are always welcome.

Janet.x

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Thu 24th Sep 2009 10:59

You are a renegade but i like you.
Nice poem! Love the general kick-about feel to this. Created a lot of black and white imagery for me which i find original yet my image was of a school boy in short trousers with loose tie and grey shirt. A bit of a rebel.

Janet.x

Comment is about The Waiting (blog)

Original item by John Togher

John Darwin

Thu 24th Sep 2009 10:47

Hi Anthony, not usually taken with this subject matter but this reads beautifully, really enjoyed it.

thanks
John

Comment is about Beyond the Equinox (blog)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

Thu 24th Sep 2009 10:45

Hi Bernie, this struck a chord with me although i
think hell too is a someplace in your mind.
My auntie was brought up a strict catholic and loved her faith then somewhere along the line had experiences which made her question the teachings. After many discussions with her priest she left for a while. In later life she 'forgave' her god and made peace with 'him'.
I'm happy to say she died peacefully and her funeral was a full mass in the catholic church she had faith in then lost and found again.

Sorry. Is this a cathartic comment?
Your poem brought back some lovely memories and thoughtfulness to my day. Thankyou.
Janet.x

Comment is about Faithless (blog)

maipenrai

Thu 24th Sep 2009 09:46

Thanks Jeff.
Bernie

Comment is about I never said that it was easy. (blog)

Dave Bradley

Thu 24th Sep 2009 09:46

Sheer quality. Keats eat your heart out! In agreement with Gus and (as ever) entertained by Steve.

Comment is about Beyond the Equinox (blog)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

maipenrai

Thu 24th Sep 2009 09:44

agree with previous comments Janet.
good un.
Bernie

Comment is about No Title. (blog)

maipenrai

Thu 24th Sep 2009 09:43

I go along with the previous reviewers, good stuff mate.
Bernie

Comment is about The Waiting (blog)

Original item by John Togher

maipenrai

Thu 24th Sep 2009 09:41

loved this mate, good stuff.
Bernie

Comment is about Thank you for the music? An A to Z of schtick (blog)

◄ Prev 1 2 3 171 342 513 684 855 1026 1197 1368 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1539 1705 1706 1707 Next ►