Jessie Alpal

Thu 26th Nov 2009 18:22

Comment is about Beulah (poet profile)

Original item by Beulah

Ann Foxglove

Thu 26th Nov 2009 17:55

a very pretty poem this, somehow tanatalising and suggestive too. I love the line to pluck that subtle pinkly plate. Subtle and somehow sexy!

Comment is about Petal (blog)

Original item by Christopher Dawson

Isobel

Thu 26th Nov 2009 17:45

I think you are being a little prejudiced there Therm. I have known very many lovely Southerners. They are just not as immediately open to strangers. Once you break the ice, we are all the same.
Good luck with the auditions Beulah - I'll be crossing my fingers for you!

Comment is about Beulah (poet profile)

Original item by Beulah

Dave Bradley

Thu 26th Nov 2009 17:19

Got to agree with the others. Lovely!

Comment is about Petal (blog)

Original item by Christopher Dawson

Thaumaturgically Charged

Thu 26th Nov 2009 16:58

Wigan is around halfway up the M6, it gets a poor rep because the majority of the people who live there are hardworking, honest and friendly. Descended in the Main from gritty mine workers, millwrights, blacksmith’s and carpenters. In other words people familiar with integrity and community spirit, as oppose to the soft skinned pencil necked thieving pen pushers that seem to be rampant down South. ha ha I enjoyed that rant ;-))) The gas towers on the railway and ‘ The road to Wigan Pier’didn’t help though.TC X

Comment is about Beulah (poet profile)

Original item by Beulah

Christopher Dawson

Thu 26th Nov 2009 16:49

Aware.

Feeling.

I'm there.

Comment is about Four Ways Five (blog)

Original item by Augusta Darling

Christopher Dawson

Thu 26th Nov 2009 16:35

Goodness, thank you guys.

Truly appreciated.

Comment is about Petal (blog)

Original item by Christopher Dawson

Beulah

Thu 26th Nov 2009 16:18

quite nice, quite fresh the virgin (memory).

Comment is about Petal (blog)

Original item by Christopher Dawson

John Aikman

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:56

quote;Please be aware that this is a POEM please except (I think you meant 'accept') that as read and written; Unquote

Sorry, no can do. In order to be a poem, it needs to be a poem, something that you sadly do not seem to understand.

I have been reading and writing poems...of a sort, for much longer than you have been on this earth (I would guess)...I have just chosen to study the form 'academically' in the last year or so, and 'post' only those that I think may contain a whit of poetry...but I am happy for others, more ept and able to disagree.

I have read your entire oeuvre on here, many, many, many, times (a 'Round The Horne' reference...for any of those of the same vintage!) and, 'One Night Stanza' has a palpably poetic edge to it, but you do come across (I use these words ill-advisedly) as a bit of a one trick pony...and, I'm afraid, for me, in this instance, without undue prejudice, in my humble opinion, with no evidence to the contrary...you fucked up big time!

It's not a poem....and scweaming and scweaming until you are sick...will not make it so.Unless, of course...someone, please god, someone....can point me to the poetry.I am your obedient, and less self-published servant.

Jx

Comment is about Voyeur On The Wall ( Date Rape ??) (blog)

Original item by Augusta Darling

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:49

having thought-yes,nice list Chris-regards-Stef

Comment is about typical archetypal archetypes (blog)

Original item by Steven Dark

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:46

The idea here is very effective but I would have liked to have been carried along with it. The archetypes seem disjointed somewhat. Isn't there a Z?

Comment is about typical archetypal archetypes (blog)

Original item by Steven Dark

Augusta Darling

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:42

I have never written a Dear John letter but here goes

,Dear John,

Please be aware that this is a POEM please except that as read and written.

Good luck with your third.

Once again many thanks for your comments.

Augusta x

Comment is about John Aikman (poet profile)

Original item by John Aikman

Thaumaturgically Charged

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:42

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read my poem and comment, I have always struggled to look poverty full square in the eye, I have worked in some deprived places too, Nigeria probably being the worst I will never get used to it. I am not keen on London either it is an unfriendly place from my experience, you should come to Wigan there is only the odd busker or two in the town centre ;-)) TC

Comment is about Beulah (poet profile)

Original item by Beulah

Beulah

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:40

thank you for something good.

Comment is about Under the Wire (blog)

Original item by John Aikman

Augusta Darling

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:37

I have never written a Dear John letter but here goes
,Dear John,
Please be aware that this is a POEM please accept that as read and written.I understand from previous posts and comments that you have just completed your 2nd poem, and are coming hard and fast on the rails to catch up to your third not withstanding that you have undertaken an OU course on Poetry no less where they advise you to omit adjectives and avoid purple patches. Sounds good to me, Good luck with your third.Once again many thanks for your comments.Augusta x

Comment is about Voyeur On The Wall ( Date Rape ??) (blog)

Original item by Augusta Darling

Beulah

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:28

a bitch of a hangover mate.

Comment is about Drunk & naked in a graveyard (blog)

Original item by Steven Dark

Beulah

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:26

well drawn..graphic, but ummmm

Comment is about Road Block (blog)

Beulah

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:24

True.

Comment is about Blind Innocence (blog)

Beulah

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:23

amen.

Comment is about Untitled (blog)

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:17

mmmmmmm? thinking.........Stef

Comment is about typical archetypal archetypes (blog)

Original item by Steven Dark

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:15

smooth and sweet as syrup Chris-love it-Stef

Comment is about Petal (blog)

Original item by Christopher Dawson

John Aikman

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:14

quote: Moisture sucking he slowly withdraws shrinking sliding out onto your outer lips,

Pearls of semen ooze from shell pink portals.

Dribbling, piddling out and under you down, down, down, onto the bed sheet.
:Unquote

I can't believe this debate (mass-debate?) is still going on. IT'S NOT A POEM!

Please, someone, just for me...point to the poetry...please. Just show me what I'm missing...please...honest, I cannot see or hear a single poetic aspect to the entire edifice. Stuff the content (which, as I have already said, is an admirable attempt to tackle a difficult subject) just explain to me how, in any way shape or form this is a poem. It's a dribbling, piddling thing.

: )

Jx

Comment is about Voyeur On The Wall ( Date Rape ??) (blog)

Original item by Augusta Darling

Beulah

Thu 26th Nov 2009 15:13

nope. it must have been the cat. pithy

Comment is about eyelash (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Augusta Darling

Thu 26th Nov 2009 14:52

Good afternoon,
Thank you so much for reading my poem and your generous comments. .

The writer in this instance was the young girl within the poem.

Once again many thanks for your honesty and comment..

Augusta x

Comment is about stephen smith (poet profile)

Original item by stephen smith

Augusta Darling

Thu 26th Nov 2009 14:51

Good afternoon,Steve
Thank you so much for reading my poem and your generous comments. .The question of honesty is a doubt throughout the poem, is the girl being honest with herself, her emotions are saying one thing her fear another and foremost her lust and sexual arousal quite another. The honesty of the writer is paramount and of course I am being honest many girls are placed or place them selves in this situation, between a rock and a hard place.The writer in this instance was the young girl within the poem.Once again many thanks for your honesty and comment..Augusta x

Comment is about Voyeur On The Wall ( Date Rape ??) (blog)

Original item by Augusta Darling

Steven Dark

Thu 26th Nov 2009 14:49

Comment is about s-wave (blog)

Original item by Steven Dark

Francine

Thu 26th Nov 2009 14:40

Love the feel of this...
Beautifully captured : )

Comment is about s-wave (blog)

Original item by Steven Dark

Augusta Darling

Thu 26th Nov 2009 14:38

My, my What to do, Stefan I do hope you remembered to wash your hands thoroughly after utilising my poem for your lavatorial ends. I would ask, if you are not still busy, that you read my other postings on WOL and any future postings insofar as I believe my ability as a poet is possibly more obvious to a relatively new poet/writer.

Your opinion, albeit harsh, is nonetheless valid and as a consequence I would never wish upon you or verbalise a ‘Good Bollocking’. My Idea and imagery of a good bollocking is an altogether different set of circumstances.

Hey Ho, press on with your poetry Stefan I’m sure you’ll get to where you deserve to be eventually…
After all your great, great, great namesake Oscar had his ups and downs, and stayed up, so we are led to believe, right to the end.
Many Thanks for at least taking the time to read and comment.

Augusta x

Comment is about Voyeur On The Wall ( Date Rape ??) (blog)

Original item by Augusta Darling

kealan coady

Thu 26th Nov 2009 13:15

yea i know wat ya mean my problems are of a more smoked nature but same boat really, jese me freinds back home call me kealo haha coincidence!

Comment is about John Darwin (poet profile)

Original item by John Darwin

Beulah

Thu 26th Nov 2009 13:07

thanks Isobel. As usal there is more in the mortar than the pestle. Bet the young ones don't know that saying. Have two auditions coming up. Now if I get there then I have to get a part in one show at least. yeah.

Comment is about Isobel (poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

andy n

Thu 26th Nov 2009 12:43

am i doing a karate move here? lol

Comment is about Andy N at the Waterside Arts Centre, Sale November 2009 (photo)

Janet

Thu 26th Nov 2009 12:38

Hi Andy, sorry but nothing showing up in the chat box. It might be my connection.
Text me if you like. :-)

Janet.x

Comment is about Andy N (poet profile)

Original item by Andy N

John Darwin

Thu 26th Nov 2009 11:48

Kealo! Thanks for your comment on my Istanbul piece. I have something in common with those two poets and I don't mean my poetry.

Comment is about Kealan Coady (poet profile)

Original item by Kealan Coady

John Darwin

Thu 26th Nov 2009 11:29

Marianne, thanks for your comment on 'drenched'. You are too kind. I yearn frequently :-)

Comment is about Marianne Daniels (poet profile)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

John Darwin

Thu 26th Nov 2009 11:27

Anthony, thanks for your kind comments on my poem ''drenched'. It's the way it comes out. I can be quite cheerful in person :-)

Comment is about Anthony Emmerson (poet profile)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

John Darwin

Thu 26th Nov 2009 11:22

Hi Winston, thanks for your comment on 'drenched'. Did the second verse work better when heard?

John

Comment is about Winston Plowes (poet profile)

Original item by Winston Plowes

John Darwin

Thu 26th Nov 2009 11:22

John

Comment is about Winston Plowes (poet profile)

Original item by Winston Plowes

Sue Hall

Wed 25th Nov 2009 23:26

Thank you both for the welcome. My partner lost their Dad recently & the night I wrote this I had just lost my Great Aunt. I don't usually write so deep but it all just came out.

Comment is about Sue Hall (poet profile)

Original item by Sue Hall

Steve Smith

Wed 25th Nov 2009 23:13

Isobel

Wed 25th Nov 2009 23:13

Bringing up a child is a minefield and no-one gives you lessons - all you can rely on is your mum's example and not always that. I hope that when the time is right, you get her back. x

Comment is about Beulah (poet profile)

Original item by Beulah

Steve Smith

Wed 25th Nov 2009 23:04

I rather liked this..it seemed honest. As for the paradigms of poetic form, I have views on that which would conflict with this writer , but as free form has been accepted on many occasions, I see no reason to draw up regulations now. The difference between this and the "fisting" poem of Ernesto, against which I railed, is that this poem seeks to relay the emotional dilemma of a submissive partner in a sexual act in which the power relationship is determined by society..not the callous expression of detachment by someone who has inflicted pain on a partner and then says " I told you so!" That's sadism, which I hate.
I think the poetess is honest and I trust I haven't been deceived.Steve Smith

Comment is about Voyeur On The Wall ( Date Rape ??) (blog)

Original item by Augusta Darling

Anthony Emmerson

Wed 25th Nov 2009 22:38

Seems I arrived too late to join in. Maybe just as well . . . I'll get my coat.

Regards,

A.E.

Comment is about Voyeur On The Wall ( Date Rape ??) (blog)

Original item by Augusta Darling

Wed 25th Nov 2009 22:20

there are so many pictures in Homing, a rich tapestry clearly written.

Comment is about pauline sewards (poet profile)

Original item by pauline sewards

Wed 25th Nov 2009 22:16

Hello Sue. This is deep meaningful stuff. Can't wait to read some poems on here, welcome.

Comment is about Sue Hall (poet profile)

Original item by Sue Hall

Christopher Dawson

Wed 25th Nov 2009 21:31

Well I fear that is generally true Cate, tho we are still getting the opportunity display it as a national trait on a regular basis.

Cheers TC, appreciated.

Chris.

Comment is about Bingo (blog)

Original item by Christopher Dawson

Beulah

Wed 25th Nov 2009 21:13

tag cunt? it is a good word, yup tag cunt. It was an Irish guy having to lay down the law to someone who did start something when it was not needed. A peaceful Irish guy. anyway thanks for the comments.

Comment is about No Warning (blog)

Original item by Beulah

Beulah

Wed 25th Nov 2009 21:09

Thanks Isobel that is what art is about and not only artist supporting artist like here. ~Thank you for this poem. Life is jsut life and like you I love it. i have a female child in care Enfiled Founcil. She'll be 13 on 4 Dec. The five years we had together are ...
Thanks again you are a true artist so don't try to disguise it.

Comment is about A Poem Not For Guy (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Thaumaturgically Charged

Wed 25th Nov 2009 20:56

Hi John Thx for the heads up on 'Final Inspection' as you say it still is a good poem, and as valid today as when it was first written, but this site is about reviewing new work, so I have removed it. Cheers TC

Comment is about John Aikman (poet profile)

Original item by John Aikman

jane wilcock

Wed 25th Nov 2009 20:47

must be not enought of us with those ladders, otherwise we might beat the urban glow, Cate. Thanks for the commentxx

Comment is about Pro-articulated Ladders (blog)

Original item by jane wilcock

◄ Prev 1 2 3 171 342 513 684 855 1026 1197 1368 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1539 1704 1705 1706 Next ►