Darren Thomas

Thu 14th Aug 2008 08:09

Good Morning Zuzanna - your words of encouragement have been missed by many. Hope you're feeling better and may your God bless you.

Comment is about POETRY FRIENDS (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

clarissa mckone

Thu 14th Aug 2008 06:28

Dear Zuzanna,
I hope that you are feeling better. I know you have not been well. You have been missed by us all. Your poem is full of love and hope, and thats what you are to me! I go for my 3 mo check up to the surgens in the A.M. Im thinking all will be fine. I still have one spot that hurts once in a while, I dont know what it means or why.I found a poetry group that just started kinda near home, that I hope to get to go to once a month. take care my dear friend.

Comment is about POETRY FRIENDS (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Tai Mahmud

Thu 14th Aug 2008 00:50

Hey Sally,

Yh i ma indeed. This is my myspace page, more stuff on there. Thanks for your comments, always means alot :)

www.myspace.com/taimahmud
wwww.taimahmud.com

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Rodney Wood

Wed 13th Aug 2008 20:00

Great! Reads like a good, sharp, ballad. You should be pleased, very pleased with it.

Comment is about Robert Burns meets Bigfoot (blog)

Original item by Stuart A. Paterson

Zuzanna Musial

Wed 13th Aug 2008 19:53

Oh, Melissa

You touched my doorsteps, as I have had many deaths lately around and could not even focus on writing...Life is so precious. Thank you for the true feelings of loss of those who came along or cross our paths in life, and they have been taken away too soon. Your poem is beautifully written, sad though but that is how life shapes and it is part do of our existence. Missed reading your words, glad to be back!

Zuzanna

Comment is about In Their Memory (blog)

Zuzanna Musial

Wed 13th Aug 2008 19:48

Hello, Steve

There are many thoughts in your poem that wake my feelings of the terrible past! Auschwitz...Hmmm ?
I use to live there and worked in the place as well. It is a Museum now but the feeling of those souls that suffered there are present in those blocks made out of brick. The row fashion how they were build. A death factory for many Nations and in what name that was done? Till today I have no answer to this. A scary World we live, as one to try to dominate and lead often to destruction.

You have given a lot of thinking to your write. And I see your points clear, your Love for Freedom and equality for all people.

Fantastic write!!

Zuzanna

Comment is about Holocaust Deniers (blog)

Original item by Steve O'Connor

Zuzanna Musial

Wed 13th Aug 2008 19:34

Hello Dear Poetry Friends!

My apology for not being around for a while: I am back, and will be reading your beautiful words again. Hope you have a wonderful summer. I sure missed you !

Have a wonderful day...Zuzanna xx

Comment is about POETRY FRIENDS (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Jeff Dawson

Wed 13th Aug 2008 17:39

Hi Richard, Finity/Infinity - fair enough, doesn't take a lot to throw me, understand now! Yeah love the concept, life after death of some sort, or something after the 'end' of the universe - does my head in!

Yes, you will have to get to a gig, I'm doing loads now! I will be at Howcroft in Bolton this sunday and the boars head in Middleton next sunday. I'm also doing a gig supporting my mates punk band this saturday!

Doing a similar set to last week when I did a punk/acoustic night in Bolton. Did 13 poems incl some john Cooper Clarke, went really well! Hope to meet you soon, cheers Jeff

Comment is about Richard Brooks (Poet profile)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Janet Ramsden

Wed 13th Aug 2008 16:57

I'm thinking of working from home myself.
Think i'll give this occupation a miss though.

Satin and lace knickers don't iron very well either.
Janet.x

Comment is about Working From Home (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Janet Ramsden

Wed 13th Aug 2008 16:42

Oh 'eck, i'd best stay away from long flowing scarves then. I'm 50 soon.
I definitely can't be accused of affectation though. I'm 100 per cent genuine.
Love Janet.xx

Comment is about Stretched (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Janet Ramsden

Wed 13th Aug 2008 16:34

Hey, no. I didn't immediately see that.Very well thought out Richard. Have you entered it into the scribble writing competition?

If you try changing all the first letters to capitals, it might be seen more easily.
Good sense of injustice to justice poem.

Love Janet.xx

ps. hope it's not autobiographical.

Comment is about Taste The Day (blog)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Val Cook

Wed 13th Aug 2008 16:28

Your not by any chance related to Banjo Paterson are you Stue. As your tale is very reminiscent of his style of poetry its good . I love it, more more more.---.

Comment is about Robert Burns meets Bigfoot (blog)

Original item by Stuart A. Paterson

Val Cook

Wed 13th Aug 2008 16:22

Stuart
Your poem is good,I like the flow and its energetic too.. The beginning and ending verse just brilliant. Good work

Comment is about A poem (blog)

Original item by Stuart A. Paterson

Richard Brooks

Wed 13th Aug 2008 13:04

Did anyone notice that the start of each line spells taste in the stanza? I was going to make the letters bigger to stand out but thought this rather a fake thing to do

Comment is about Taste The Day (blog)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Steve OConnor

Wed 13th Aug 2008 10:37

Little Monster.

Great poem, Mel. Speaks honestly about how frustrating and exhausting the creative process can be.

I loved the phrase 'umbilical discord'. As with a lot of your work there's a very focused use of language that means the poem demands a re-read.

Cracking stuff.

Steve

Comment is about Melanie (Poet profile)

Original item by Melanie

Richard Brooks

Wed 13th Aug 2008 09:41

Hi Jeff, I chose timeless finity for its juxtaposition, because we really don't know if the world is infinite or if it will be bound my time just as in the case ourselves, no one really knows if our death will start another timeline going, maybe in a parallel universe, thanks for the comments Jeff! I still need to make it to one of the gigs!

Comment is about Jeffarama! (Poet profile)

Original item by Jeffarama!

paul

Wed 13th Aug 2008 09:15

Photographs by me

Comment is about Oh, 'Ello - a mysterious sign in Wggin (photo)

paul

Wed 13th Aug 2008 09:15

First 10 photos by me the rest by Seamus Kelly - www.shayart.co.uk

Comment is about Julian Jordon comperes at the Howcroft Inn, Bolton June 2008 (photo)

paul

Wed 13th Aug 2008 09:13

The first 12 photographs are by Peter Crompton the rest by Seamus Kelly - www.shayart.co.uk

Comment is about Cayn White dunks his biscuit at Stubbing Wharf, Hebden Bridge July 2008 (photo)

paul

Wed 13th Aug 2008 09:11

Photographs by Seamus Kelly - www.shayart.co.uk

Comment is about A poet at the Howcroft Inn, Bolton July 2008 (photo)

Sandre Clays

Wed 13th Aug 2008 08:11

I just remembered the dancer was Isadora Duncan

'Duncan's fondness for flowing scarves which trailed behind her was the cause of her death in a freak automobile accident in Nice, France, on the night of September 14, 1927, at the age of 50. The scarf was hand painted silk from the Russian-born artist Roman Chatov. The accident gave rise to Gertrude Stein's mordant remark that "affectations can be dangerous."

Comment is about Stretched (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Sandre Clays

Wed 13th Aug 2008 07:51

Thanks guys. Comments much appreciated. Like you say Darren, Wigan seems to be breeding limmos at the moment. Poem was based on observation at a trafffic jam. By the way, Janet, wasn't there a famous dancer who was strangled by her own scarf when it got caught in a car door? Can't remember her name.

Comment is about Stretched (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Janet Ramsden

Tue 12th Aug 2008 23:16

Hello Freda, i'm Janet. nice to meet you, to meet you, nice! in write out loud!
( don't really know why i did that introduction but it seemed right.)

Love your poetry. Especially "puppy."
The sky like a well used tea towel etc.. really made me laugh.
Great stuff.x

Comment is about Freda Davis (Poet profile)

Original item by Freda Davis

Jeff Dawson

Tue 12th Aug 2008 22:20

Hi Melissa, how poignant and so true, there have been so many. I listen a lot of Joy Division, no surprise when you read some of my stuff! I thought this (spooky) when I put a pic of singer Ian Curtis on my 'When will it pass' poem.

our heart cries at the loss
of their early departure,
at the light over the stage
disappearing so fast,

- beautiful Melissa and thanks for your comments as always, Jeff x

Comment is about In Their Memory (blog)

Cayn

Tue 12th Aug 2008 22:18

Hi Alex.
Cheers for your comments, really like your Snarls, Frowns...poem, can't wait to read more!
Best wishes
Cayn

Comment is about alex iamb (Poet profile)

Original item by alex iamb

Jeff Dawson

Tue 12th Aug 2008 22:07

From the heart again like all your work Sarah. It's powerful stuff and you say it as it is, but the last line especially is so passionate, but I think importantly you say WE, not I and that says a lot about you, Jeff

Comment is about So i dont care? (blog)

Original item by Sarah Clark

Janet Ramsden

Tue 12th Aug 2008 22:04

Hi Richard,
Oh i do love the essence of this poem, and the shape. Well!!
It's said that there are thirteen crystals resembling diamonds in the world.
If six of these come together, our universe will implode. ( you just made three of 'em.)

Peace = Pleasure Experienced by Accepting all Creation as it Exists.
Love Janet.xx

Comment is about Timeless Finity (blog)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Jeff Dawson

Tue 12th Aug 2008 21:59

Pps shouldn't it be Timeless Infinity? (dont know if type error, delete this whatever!)

Comment is about Timeless Finity (blog)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Jeff Dawson

Tue 12th Aug 2008 21:53

Hi Richard, this is excellent, I've ofte thought about the end of the universe, but there can't be one and that does my head in.

Love the concept and the spaceship dimension of the stanzas, great stuff. Just one thing, the second stanza looks like a line short at the bottom, should there be one word to balance up to 15 lines like the others? Something like 'away' or 'fast' ?

Anyway, love it cheers Jeff ps you would love Carla's groovy socks, I've amended it slightly too, cheers

Comment is about Timeless Finity (blog)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Jeff Dawson

Tue 12th Aug 2008 21:43

Excellent Sandre, good subject, you're right and some lovely little lines, cheers Jeff

Comment is about Stretched (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Jeff Dawson

Tue 12th Aug 2008 21:40

Very good, some good lines, sounds like you do as much pervin as me! Nowt wrong with that! cheers Jeff

Comment is about Low Fashion (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Janet Ramsden

Tue 12th Aug 2008 21:07

Hi Melissa,
Once again you have created a beauty in a maudlin like scene. ( funereal)
I like the idea of a candle burning in memory of them. However, i believe we are all legends in our own way. At least in our loved ones eyes.

Love Janet.xx

Comment is about In Their Memory (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Tue 12th Aug 2008 21:01

Hi Sandre,
A very slinky poem.
I love the bit of garboesque. who wish to ride alone. It made me feel cold, like i really wanted to wear a scarf, long as poss then i could wrap it around at least a couple of times.
OOH! LOVELY!

ps. hope they don't cart me away from a football match in a black limmo though. ha ha.
see you soon. love Janet.xx

Comment is about Stretched (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Janet Ramsden

Tue 12th Aug 2008 20:50

Hello again Melissa,
Thankyou very much for your lovely comments.
They're always welcome.
Love and light, Janet.xx

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Janet Ramsden

Tue 12th Aug 2008 20:47

Hi Richard,
Thanks for the comment to " I am me."
That word is "me " but i ended the poem like i did because it actually begins with " I. "
Do you see?

I've never attended writing classes but i stumbled on a link on wol which had a section about how to write a poem.
Played around with the words and ideas and that's what came of it.
Blogged it just for a bit of fun really.

By the way, did you see how the discussion link continued, which you started before you biked it?
The one about "what is poetry?"
Take a peek, i think it's still there.
Thanks again, love Janet.xx

Comment is about Richard Brooks (Poet profile)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Melissa R. Mendelson

Tue 12th Aug 2008 20:21

First off, I love the formation of your poem. Secondly, I love its essence, the spirit of time.

No matter how advanced we become, the endless skies of the galaxy will still remain far out of our reach, bending every belief and theory of what it contains, and allowing our dreams to touch its stars.

Love the poem. :)

Comment is about Timeless Finity (blog)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Melissa R. Mendelson

Tue 12th Aug 2008 20:13

Hi, Richard.

Thank you for your comment on my poem, Fine Line. You hit the nail on its head with the existentialism and nihilism.

As for the soldier's life, it is something that I could never do myself, but I feel that these men and women should be recognized as heroes for putting their lives on the line.

Take care. :)

-Melissa

Comment is about Richard Brooks (Poet profile)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Richard Brooks

Tue 12th Aug 2008 16:56

I like your sense of humour, cocaine and crosswords? Do they complement each other? I feel the last stanza is missing a line or something... Keep them coming

Comment is about Cocaine and Crossword Puzzles (blog)

Original item by alex iamb

Richard Brooks

Tue 12th Aug 2008 16:52

An excellent poem questioning life, you've touched on existentialism and nilism here I think. I feel a sense of absurdity in whatever we choose to do when you ask if a soldier is ever really rewarded

Comment is about Fine Line (blog)

Richard Brooks

Tue 12th Aug 2008 16:20

hahahahhaha "She lifted up her skirt to show me her tits" I got an image young men should not get. I think lots of old people would appreiate this! p.s I hear buses are a good way to pick up old ladies, look out for the flash of a bus pass or someone saying the number of their route rather than where they are going!

Comment is about Absolute filth - not for the old or infirm (blog)

Original item by alex iamb

Richard Brooks

Tue 12th Aug 2008 16:16

Where is that newspaper clip from?! Greta poem, reads like a folk story, It felt like a storyteller telling a tale to a group of people. Good stuff
"Big foot is a great big fella! But not even he can have my stella!"

Comment is about Robert Burns meets Bigfoot (blog)

Original item by Stuart A. Paterson

alex iamb

Tue 12th Aug 2008 16:06

hey Richard, cheers for the comment, but don't worry - I didn't have to suffer for that particular piece, it was just for fun. Love the poet and the muse one - really good. cheers,
a
x

Comment is about Richard Brooks (Poet profile)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Richard Brooks

Tue 12th Aug 2008 15:57

Im afraid there lacks an availability of videos of me performing as I never read one of my poems outloud - well at least to an audience. Its a lack of comfort zone I still need explore! Thanks for your comment on the poet and his muse, it was my first post

Comment is about Rob Sherman (Poet profile)

Original item by Rob Sherman

Emily Josephine McPhillips

Tue 12th Aug 2008 15:23

i like this :)

Comment is about Szu-Nim-Tung, Contemplating An Orange (blog)

Original item by Rob Sherman

Richard Brooks

Tue 12th Aug 2008 15:20

Better a nail than a through the foot than a hammer against the small toe. Short and not so sweet. Did it hurt?

Comment is about Your Love (blog)

Original item by alex iamb

Darren Thomas

Tue 12th Aug 2008 15:17

I've seen this perormed at 'Under the Stairs' have I not Louise? You had a small bald doll with you. Either that or I was experiencing some remarkable outer-body experience?
You know I enjoy your stuff Louise. You were one of the few I had to seek out the dizzy heights of '8' from my well thumbed score cards.
Now, off with you. Dip your quill in the inks of life's joy.

Comment is about New Arrival (blog)

Original item by Louise Fazackerley

Darren Thomas

Tue 12th Aug 2008 14:43

Hi Alex - I've not had chance to say anything until now but I'm enjoying reading and listening to your material.
Don't become too down-hearted if not many comment. In my experience many read the postings but don't want to comment in case they cause little things, like wars and things.
The break up in two breaths themed poem was original and articulated with a clarity that some of us can only dream about. 'Hoorah' for that one too.

Comment is about Pavlovian Mobile (blog)

Original item by alex iamb

Darren Thomas

Tue 12th Aug 2008 14:32

Hi Sandré.
Wigan is currently awash with these long, stretchy thingies. Pink, white, black - you name it. Some great imagery here.

Comment is about Stretched (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Darren Thomas

Tue 12th Aug 2008 14:23

Concrete poetry? Very, very good. The shape of the words reminded me of the playing card the three of diamonds, as well as the UFO's from Close Encounters...

Comment is about Timeless Finity (blog)

Original item by Richard Brooks

Darren Thomas

Tue 12th Aug 2008 14:18

Yes - from the heart indeed. This passion could propel you way beyond the gravitational pull of 'catharsis' poetry and into another dimesion.

Comment is about So i dont care? (blog)

Original item by Sarah Clark

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 150 300 450 600 750 900 1050 1200 1350 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1498 1499 1500 Next -->