Mon 14th Jan 2008 04:28

Hello Daniel!!
I like the idea about the love, but stay away from computer Viruses...Smile. Great imagination in your poem!

"love is the virus that makes us all human"

I love this line- The feelings of being loved it has a healing power. Emotionally depleted from love people tend to suffer emotional problems, they are looking to escape that drinking or doing other inappropriate things to their health like drugs ..etc...Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about A computer virus called love (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Mon 14th Jan 2008 04:21

Clarissa~ Thanks a lot for the wonderful comment! Glad you like to read my write.
I think we shall have those generators here on this continent - they have them in Holland. Those generators save a lot of energy.
Great Thought-Bravo! ...Zuzanna

Comment is about THE WIND (blog)

Philip Golding

Sun 13th Jan 2008 13:21

there is a greatflow to this poem which i enjoyed immencly. There areso many linesd here that stick ouy, bu tmy favorate is
All you fibs are wildly porcine.

great stuff

Comment is about A Sonnet to Lionpig (blog)

paul

Sun 13th Jan 2008 11:09

There is something particularly disturbing about losing younger people, commiserations to you and your family.

Comment is about Time (blog)

Moxy Casimir

Sun 13th Jan 2008 10:52

Malcolm, I am so very sorry to hear of the death of your son-in-law. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Comment is about Time (blog)

Sun 13th Jan 2008 00:12

I am not sure what is happening with the page today. It is a second time I was kicked out of the page not being able to either begin or finish my comment! Thank you for the interesting poem about the wedding in Australia. It sounds like a such great event! Your imagination is fantastic!!
Enjoyed reading the twists and turns in that
Muse of yours...Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about Australian Wedding (blog)

Sun 13th Jan 2008 00:09

Comment is about Australian Wedding (blog)

Sun 13th Jan 2008 00:06

Philip, thank you for your pleasing comment! Yes it was plenty of imaginary words here as this was a DREAM...Dreams are at times bizarre!
Smiles...Zuzanna

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Sun 13th Jan 2008 00:03

Philip- You have put many wise thoughts in your write. Love the poem!! It says about real World we live in. Fantastic write and also food for thought as well. Keep penning on...GREAT JOB!!!

Comment is about It's Criminal (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Sat 12th Jan 2008 23:49

Hi Zuzanna, this is a very nice poem ! the wind is wonderful and we should use it for our electric.

Comment is about THE WIND (blog)

Sat 12th Jan 2008 23:46

Thank you Philip for your fantastic comment!
I have a special interest in Archaeology and one of the places that I am interested in
is Egypt! Have studied the origin of my first name and believe it or not the roots are from there. The name Zuzanna / Susanne - is one of the oldest World names [Six Thousand years old.] What amazes… Why such a culture has died?
The movie’ Cleopatra’ always shows grand picture of her as the Ruler...Zuzanna

Comment is about CLEOPATRA (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Sat 12th Jan 2008 11:43

Sir John was far too polite to call anybody a prat, let alone a royal, but he could be pretty bitchy when he liked. I think he was a great poet although I know that plenty of people are quite derisive about him.

I am afraid I am not in Sir Betj's league, but thanks anyway Ricardo

Comment is about A Right Charlie (blog)

Philip Golding

Sat 12th Jan 2008 07:54

You have captured the synbolc relationship we have with trees.
Even in thepolice we have Special branch haha.
Enjoyed your poem. More please

Comment is about TREE - THE SYMBOL OF LIFE (blog)

Philip Golding

Sat 12th Jan 2008 07:46

Lots of nice imagery was painted by the way you have use your words. Two thumbs up from me

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Philip Golding

Sat 12th Jan 2008 07:38

This is an area I have never though of tackling but you Zuzanna have shpwn great affinity with the subject. I think you may be right about having an increase in the proportion in women as leaders.
Very nice piece of work

Comment is about CLEOPATRA (blog)

Ricardo Reis

Fri 11th Jan 2008 18:22

very nicely written, that is, nice in the sense of discriminating and particular.

I think John Betj (Sir) would have been proud to have written that. A much maligned writer of particular tones of voice.
Though perhaps you are more acid - much to your advantage.

Comment is about A Right Charlie (blog)

paul

Fri 11th Jan 2008 10:35

Photos by Paul Blackburn

Comment is about Gordon Zola at the Tudor House, Wigan January 2008 (photo)

Fri 11th Jan 2008 00:08

This reminds of the Chinese Astrology of the computability signs. Lion-Pig will be very compatible in that sense.

Great write...Zuzanna

Comment is about A Sonnet to Lionpig (blog)

Fri 11th Jan 2008 00:06

Malcolm~ Thank you for the great explanatory comment as I was not sure whom you were referring too. Now knowing this I would agree with you, as we are affected by this mess too. Thanks again...Zuzanna

Comment is about A Right Charlie (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Thu 10th Jan 2008 11:43

My grandaughter has a rocking horse just like this and it is lovely. As they are made from relatively fast growing softwood, there should not be any problem about wooden rocking horse production being entirely sustainable.

The poem is really about a trade union leader with whom I had particular problems. It seemed to me that he had all the thinking capabilities of the rocking horse and made just as much progress, but he lacked the beauty and the usefulness of a childs exquisitely manufactured toy.

'trot' is a rather obscure pun unless you are in on it. Horses trot of course, but rocking horses don't. This Trot is really a capital letter version meaning Trotskyist. For those who may not know, Trotsky was an advocate of permanent revolution. Far to the left of Lenin and Stalin, he was briefly the Commissar for War in revolutionary Russia before fleeing the country and later being murdered with an ice pick on the instructions of Stalin. In my youth I was a Trotskyist, but I grew out of it. Quite a lot of our leading trade unionists are still Trotskyists.

Again I'm afraid, the explanation is longer than the poem. My poems are actually seldom about what they may seem, but then that is the joy of poetry to me. You can say so many things in so few words and even if nobody, but you knows what you are saying, it can still give pleasure.

Comment is about Andy (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Thu 10th Jan 2008 11:32

Thanks Clarissa & Zuzanna

The poem refers to St paul's cathedral in London designed by Sir Christopher Wren. The Charlie is Prince Charles, son of Queen Elizabeth and Prince of Wales. He is fond of expressing opinions on lots of things that he knows nothing about. I regard him as a complete prat and it irritates me because, as a member of the royal family, he can get media coverage for any stupid thing he has to say, but because he does not have any responsibilities and he is not elected, he is not accountable to anybody and he cannot be removed from his position of influence.

The reason that I posted this poem now is that a regulatory body has recently been established for so called 'alternative' or 'complementary' medicine after lobbying by Prat Charles. In fact the poem was written long ago and refers to his comments on modern architecture. He described a modern building as a 'carbuncle' and the strong implication was that only much older styles of building had any merit. The truth is that only the good things among the old stuff have survived and the rubbish has gone. The same will happen with more modern buildings, but Charlie is too thick to work that out.

The Prince of Wales has a personal crest of three feathers with the motto of ich dien (I serve). In my opinion he only serves himself and does so largely at the expense of me and other taxpayers. I was sarcastically suggesting that he sees himself as another Christopher Wren although he has none of the knowledge to design a building at all, let alone St. Paul's cathedral.

'Ghastly' is a word that he seems particularly to like and when it is said in his peculiar, strangled upper class English accent it really sticks in my mind.

Sorry the explanation is longer than the poem.

Comment is about A Right Charlie (blog)

Thu 10th Jan 2008 09:29

Architecturally well described. Tried to guess where I have seen this Dome. I guess Rome would be one where they build this churches in that style. White House also and our Parliament building has similar dome too. Great write.

Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about A Right Charlie (blog)

Thu 10th Jan 2008 09:26

Hello Phil~ Your poem has very deep meaning! GREAT STUFF!

Thank you ...Zuzanna

Comment is about I vow to thee (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Thu 10th Jan 2008 09:24

Very happy poem. I love the rocking horse. It is beautiful! Not sure what is better the poem or the picture. I think BOTH!!

Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about Andy (blog)

Thu 10th Jan 2008 09:17

Clarissa, This is a special poem to me too. I love the History of an Ancient Countries. Egypt has the oldest culture so far from all the Countries. Cleopatra was really special. A Woman and the Ruler at that time...Imagine? In todays world only man ruled that side of the World...All has changed!
Thank you once again...Zuzanna

Comment is about CLEOPATRA (blog)

Darren Thomas

Thu 10th Jan 2008 08:50

Mia - your poem about 'veg' had me laughing out loud! And that, believe me, is not something that I do often. Very, very, funny.
It was supposed to be funny - wasn't it?
Brilliant.

Comment is about Mia Darlone (Poet profile)

Original item by Mia Darlone

Thu 10th Jan 2008 03:21

This is so nice Malcom !

Comment is about Ali (blog)

Thu 10th Jan 2008 03:20

Hey Malcom, this is a very nice poem ! it makes you think.

Comment is about Alone in the Garden (blog)

Thu 10th Jan 2008 03:15

HI Malcom, Do you think they planted any trees after cutting some down to make rocking horses? I dont know, but hes a very pretty rocking horse, Im sure some child loved him ! I had one, mine was plastic.My children had one, made of plastic.In this day and age im not sure whats worse, a plastic one or wooden?
Nice poem Malcom !

Comment is about Andy (blog)

Thu 10th Jan 2008 02:50

Hey Malcom, Wow nice place there !Are the gardens nice too? So tell me all about this, whats going on?New Chruch?
A final point,

please make it Princely,

with feathered crests

of whitest hues.

I like the poem but this is my favorite part.

Comment is about A Right Charlie (blog)

Thu 10th Jan 2008 02:46

Hey Phil, This is a very nice poem/vows !
thanks Clarissa

Comment is about I vow to thee (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

melissa

Wed 9th Jan 2008 10:06

Great poem!

Comment is about Shaun Fallows (Poet profile)

Original item by Shaun Fallows

melissa

Wed 9th Jan 2008 10:02

hi! I just love your poetry. "clock cafe" is my favorite:-) Happy New Year

Comment is about Mavis Gulliver (Poet profile)

Original item by Mavis Gulliver

Sophie McKeand

Wed 9th Jan 2008 08:54

Hey Gemma, it's been ages since we last spoke! happy new year!.. your poems are bloomin fantastic... i can still remember you performing the one about your nan.. which was just brilliant...
'Home is' is so sad... but the ending gives the reader real hope!..
cheers mate x

Comment is about Gemma Lees (Poet profile)

Original item by Gemma Lees

Wed 9th Jan 2008 02:04

HI Zuzanna, This is very nice, and she was special.

Comment is about CLEOPATRA (blog)

Tue 8th Jan 2008 16:19

Hi Steve, nice poem. welcome

Comment is about garside (Poet profile)

Original item by garside

Steve OConnor

Tue 8th Jan 2008 08:59

Eh Up, Mia.

How reasurring to see that you've taken the filthy poem away and replaced it with a poem about a man's love for his bicycle. My tender and fragile sensibilities thank you. You left me quite breathless.

Oh, Happy New Year - and all that sort of thing.

Dying on your arse. Definitely one to do when you are dying on your arse. It could be a true punk poetry moment. At the end of the poem you could set off a firework or shoot an audience member just for effect...

...Please don't do that at Freed Up.

"Post-performance friendliness is directly proportional to the audience’s reaction to your poem"

True. In fact, one of life's few absolutes.

Cheery-bye!
Steve

Comment is about Mia Darlone (Poet profile)

Original item by Mia Darlone

Tue 8th Jan 2008 07:40

Hello Steve

Welcome to 'W.O.L.'World of passion in poetry.
From your Biography shows that you are creative and artistic Soul. It is good to have you here.

The poem of yours it is very well written,
mysterious and thought provoking.

Thank you for sharing your love for writing.

Zuzanna

Comment is about garside (Poet profile)

Original item by garside

Tue 8th Jan 2008 04:51

Hello Ricardo!

Nice meeting you. Thank you for the great comment! I am of European roots, this is why you connecting my name with Swiss.

Thank you again...Zuzanna

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Tue 8th Jan 2008 04:48

Hello Magi!

Welcome to "W.O.L"site. I found this site very nice and the poets are very kind. They are warm in welcoming new writers. Hope you will enjoy being here. Thank you so much for your great comment on my poem. Yes, at times the visual art helps in connection to give the reader better picture what the poem is all about.

Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Tue 8th Jan 2008 04:30

Dear Lady Clarissa

Thank you for the generous comment!
Well, it is actually crazy dream but as long as you can picture all of that what was written in the poem then that poem is consider good!

This was a DREAM....Often they do have a meaning. I do have a book that has the interpretation about dreams...Quite interesting!

Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Maggie Lane

Mon 7th Jan 2008 16:01

What a fantastic pic - interesting poem - good way of linking art and poetry.
Magi.

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Mon 7th Jan 2008 02:10

Hi Daniel, this is a very nice poem!

Comment is about The hourglass (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Ricardo Reis

Sun 6th Jan 2008 21:14

Incredible picture!!

Why do I keep thinking you are Swiss?

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Sun 6th Jan 2008 06:11

HI Zuzanna, boy thats a crazy dream. I tell you the Moon has sway over us all in some way.I have had some dreams over and over, makes you wonder if there is some meaning to them at times.

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Sun 6th Jan 2008 05:46

This is fantastic poem and would be great for the Children story book. Great write Malpoet!

Zuzanna

Comment is about Ali (blog)

Pete Crompton

Sat 5th Jan 2008 23:26

HI Clarissa - Happy New Year

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Sat 5th Jan 2008 14:45

Phil, this is really nice. good work!

Comment is about Loves Lies Bleeding (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Malcolm Saunders

Fri 4th Jan 2008 10:11

Thanks Moxy, just getting the cart hell out of the garage now and I'm off. The screaming and suppurating wretches will probably have fallen off it by whitsun so I shouldn't disgrace the proceedings too much.

That last stanza Sophie. There are different degrees of left or right preference. I am one of those who is overwhelmingly so. I am not a particularly well coordinated person and I couldn't write anything right handedly to save my life. The truth is that I can't write very well with my left hand which is part of why I am so much more at home with a keyboard. (There is very little bird seed in my keyboard).

Anyway, back to the point. With the brain displacing so much motor activity to a different location relative to a right handed person I believe, and there is growing research evidence to support it, that other brain functions such as speech, language, imagination and hand-eye coordination are developed in different brain areas than they are in right handed people.

Left handed people do not live quite as long as right handers. This could be due to a higher accident rate through living in a world in which implements are predominantly designed for dexters, but there is some evidence that there is more to it than that. We are probably inherently more clumsy as a consequence of inferior hand-eye coordination. So far as the use of speech and language is concerned, things are much more complicated. Overall, women tend to have greater articulacy than men, but left handedness seems to improve speech and language use, so for a male left hander there are some advantages to be had in the use of words.

Sorry to go on so much, but what the stanza means is that I consider the different arrangement of brain function for us sinisters results in some enrichment of society because by products of the different motor arrangements include creative and linguistic outcomes that would not otherwise be there.

Your grandad probably hoped that he would help you to fit in with the norm and make your life easier. It was a misguided view that has now mostly gone away I am pleased to say. The fact that about 10% of the population are left handed indicates that there is an evolutionary reason why it is not eradicated.

All of my wives are left handed, but we have only produced right handed children.

Comment is about A Lefty's Revenge (blog)

Fri 4th Jan 2008 02:10

HI Daniel,This is a nice little poem

Comment is about word play (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 145 290 435 580 725 870 1015 1160 1305 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1439 1440 1441 Next -->