Emily Josephine McPhillips

Wed 16th Jul 2008 11:50

Janet, thank you for your lovely comment, and the simple answer is, I don't really keep up with them all, their names just seem to remain like faint memories of times I'd like to remember.

And Jeff, the 'Bench in Levenshulme' is probably not as exciting as you think!

Comment is about The People in My Phone Book in No More Than Three Words (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Wed 16th Jul 2008 11:46

Hi Pete, this reminds me of when a good friend of mine was depressed. She went to docs, i read that little tiny piece of paper with the tiniest writing about the side effects out to her.
As your prose shows, she'd thrown it in the bin.
My friend is an eternal pessimist and was sure to suffer every single side effect there was.
Happily, she tried what i suggested she do with the pills and we got through it together.
Love the depth and truths in this. love Janet.xx

Comment is about all those fantastic things (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Wed 16th Jul 2008 11:40

What i'd like to know is how the hell you manage to keep up with 60 people on your contacts list.
Great descriptions though. It's made me want to do somat similar with those with the same name. (whose surnames i don't know.)
Great idea. i like this one. Janet.x

Comment is about The People in My Phone Book in No More Than Three Words (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Wed 16th Jul 2008 11:36

You have such a way with words Antonionioni.
"The end of the world is nigh." and all that rubbish. Put there to scare the living daylights out of us poor folk.

The lava i "saw" was very cleansing. Certainly nothing injured, maimed or murdered.
Your sonnet certainly kicked us in the imagination, that's for sure. That surely can only be a good thing?
lots o love and vivid imagination. Janet.xx

Comment is about The void (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Wed 16th Jul 2008 11:13

Welcome back Daniel. I hope things are better for you now.
Your poem is lovely. Shows that even in the tough times, there is a light at the end of our tunnels. That deep exhaling breath is kind of a relief as we see a way forward. Yet we know there's still a fair way to go.
I wish you well. love Janet.xx

Comment is about Tunnel Vision (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hall

Janet Ramsden

Wed 16th Jul 2008 11:06

The joys of wedded bliss. Ha! my ass!
Makes me glad i'm not married. Still gotta do those boring things like putting out the bin and whilst the carpet burns stung, the memory of how they came to be brings a smile to my face.

Enjoyed this one Pete. love Janet.x

Comment is about shake the bottle (blog)

Zuzanna Musial

Wed 16th Jul 2008 05:11

Hello, Sandre

The poem is beautifully written and to the point with the right feelings and emotions if comes to getting younger (refuse to use the word ‘older’)
It is a little sad thinking of missing the youth age, but there is no clock to stop the time.
Beautiful poem with the "phantom lover at the end brought a smile to my face."

Zuzanna

Comment is about Rejuvenation (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Zuzanna Musial

Wed 16th Jul 2008 04:55

Hello, Antonio

You have been reading about the Final days in the Year 2012 or what? -- Smile.
There are predictions of the End of times and that picture I had in mind reading your poem. Well done with a Religious twist to it as well as the picture of Naples.
Magnificent Vesuvius with lava is bad for those who live near.
I like this poem...Very creative!

Zuzanna

Comment is about The void (blog)

Zuzanna Musial

Wed 16th Jul 2008 04:40

Hello, Zahi

The poem is well written - It could be interpreted as a nightmare. It could be a real life event. The write is thought provoking and has deep psychological base. There is s quote - " One shall never go to bed with out of reconcile with another because one my never have another chance to see that person again - life happens"

I believe in kindness and not angry feelings in every day of life so if I die will have no regrets. This attitude works for me. It is easier to live with a smile on my face.
In this poem...Great job!

Warm Regards,

Zuzanna

Comment is about Appreciate Life (blog)

Original item by Zahi Sahli

clarissa mckone

Wed 16th Jul 2008 03:46

Peter,
very nice karmic tide, whos karma? Knowledge of loving the most or being loved?Yes to know that you gave it your all, and loved and trusted and believed all words, and to be dashed after 13 hours of flight, no words needed, trust gone karma gained. what a prize! great poem!

Comment is about love after lost love (blog)

clarissa mckone

Wed 16th Jul 2008 03:42

HI Pete,
Wow a domestic Icicle, what a treat to have one! frozen or thawed? I had to laugh out loud upon reading this one, great stuff, do tell us what a fridgid female she is.

Comment is about shake the bottle (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Wed 16th Jul 2008 00:26

Hi. This pretty much sums up my day too.
Hence my poem, "life's a bitch."
Very good Ant. lots o love. janet.xx

Comment is about Rant number one (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Wed 16th Jul 2008 00:22

I love that picture.
The poem too shows acceptance of life going on even when we are grieving. This is a very dignified write i think and heartfelt.
love janet.x

Comment is about The Real Life (blog)

Original item by Zahi Sahli

Jeff Dawson

Wed 16th Jul 2008 00:18

Hi Pete, gripping stuff, yet sad reality and vividly described. I read somewhere that in the USA 13 billion prescriptions are issued each year, thats an average of one a week for every person in the country.

Frightening, but you've given an insight to it with this. I believe getting off them is worse than illegal drugs or alcohol, must be an absolute nightmare, well written Jeff

Comment is about all those fantastic things (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Wed 16th Jul 2008 00:08

So romantic Pete.
Love Janet. No explanation needed.
x

Comment is about love after lost love (blog)

Jeff Dawson

Wed 16th Jul 2008 00:06

Hi Zahi, yeah I like it, very spiritual and a thing that lots of people experience. I used to say you only live once but as you put it like that, I'm not sure! great words, Jeff

Comment is about Appreciate Life (blog)

Original item by Zahi Sahli

Jeff Dawson

Tue 15th Jul 2008 23:59

Very sensual and beautifully written Sandre, like the last 4 lines especially, Jeff

Comment is about Rejuvenation (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Jeff Dawson

Tue 15th Jul 2008 23:55

Powerful stuff, have to admit, it's a bit over my head too- doesn't take a lot! Sounds good stuff though all the same! cheers Jeff

Comment is about The void (blog)

Jeff Dawson

Tue 15th Jul 2008 23:52

Hi Emily, very clever idea, 'Bench in Levenshulme' sounds interesting!! Jeff

Comment is about The People in My Phone Book in No More Than Three Words (blog)

Jeff Dawson

Tue 15th Jul 2008 23:46

Hi Emma, welcome to the site, I really like this, sounds a bit of a tear jerker, so sweet yet so sad for obvious reasons, thanks for sharing. I had a quick look at the others, good stuff, look forward to more, best wishes Jeff

ps If you look at my profile there's a poem about the sea for you!

Comment is about A poem - I borrowed you (blog)

Original item by Emma

Janet Ramsden

Tue 15th Jul 2008 23:42

Hello again Zahi, between the hours of 2 and 4am is when the spirits find their way to us more easily. The stillness of those hours and when we are most relaxed in our beds.

This is a beautiful way of expressing the regrets of harsh words spoken in haste and wanting to put it right about how one really feels.
It is said that once we pass over to the spirit world, forgiveness is the first thing we learn to do automatically. Personally, i hope to be able to do all that before i "die."
love Janet.xx

Comment is about Appreciate Life (blog)

Original item by Zahi Sahli

Janet Ramsden

Tue 15th Jul 2008 23:30

Although i really haven't a clue what you're trying to say in this one Antonionioni, i did get a strong image of red, fiery lava spilling out across a vast space in time. The desert of Arabia?
Somehow that doesn't fit but it was the first thing which sprouted into my very stupidly thick brain today.
love Janet.xx

Comment is about The void (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Tue 15th Jul 2008 23:22

Ooh Sandre, erotic dreams?
Sometimes they're better than the real thing.
I'll let you know when i next have the experience.

Love the poem by the way.xx

Comment is about Rejuvenation (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Sandre Clays

Tue 15th Jul 2008 23:16

Omigod, what a choice turn of phrase Darren. At least by breathing in and out we're still alive!!

Comment is about Rejuvenation (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Darren Thomas

Tue 15th Jul 2008 22:35

The rhythm is clear and carried along with some alliteration, which I haven't heard too much of in your previous work, Sandré.
I too can get a little hung up on the age 'thing'. My testicles and scrotum are looking like how I imagine those of an old man would look. I'm just glad that us men are not discriminated against because of the shape of our 'nads. Maybe we are? I shall write to the 'Minister for Genitalia and Spelling' in the morning...

Comment is about Rejuvenation (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Darren Thomas

Tue 15th Jul 2008 22:23

That's great. They promote discussion and poke the embers of creativity with burnt nobbly sticks.
How about a poem or three?

Comment is about The People in My Phone Book in No More Than Three Words (blog)

Emily Josephine McPhillips

Tue 15th Jul 2008 22:03

foiled again!
imperfections are good though. i am standing by my imperfections!
also, thank you for your enthusiasm of my work, it is very kind of you to comment.

Comment is about The People in My Phone Book in No More Than Three Words (blog)

Darren Thomas

Tue 15th Jul 2008 21:54

Again, original thinking. Your creativity is bringing something new to the table.

"I don't understand". Is this not four words
if we count the contracted negation?!

I'll get mi' coat...

Comment is about The People in My Phone Book in No More Than Three Words (blog)

Zahi Sahli

Tue 15th Jul 2008 20:57

Dear Zuzanna,

take a look at my latest, "Appreciate Life". Leave a comment if you wish.

Thanks!

Zahi

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Nefertiti

Tue 15th Jul 2008 20:23

Thanx 4 the lovely comment.
Bless x

Comment is about Sarah Clark (Poet profile)

Original item by Sarah Clark

Emily Josephine McPhillips

Tue 15th Jul 2008 19:35

eee! i really like these poems.
good work sweetpea. x

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Emily Josephine McPhillips

Tue 15th Jul 2008 18:46

Ha! This is funny, but if you lost that whole government gotta-tie-up-this-poem angle at the end it'd be even better. Go with the comedy. I enjoyed it :)

Comment is about Allotted Span (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Dwornik

Tue 15th Jul 2008 17:45

Hya Zahi....
Thankyou for your comments. I read your poetry and enjoyed it all...it's sometimes difficult to hear how the writer would read it, but I could hear your voice in it. I especially like 'samples' because it's so true that people find it so hard to drop their defences and it reminded me of a Gil Scott-Heron track...'When you are who you are"

Take Care
Shelley

Comment is about Zahi Sahli (Poet profile)

Original item by Zahi Sahli

barrie singleton

Tue 15th Jul 2008 17:37

Hi Tomas - not sure I have a style; certainly not one I could name! I have no idea what Standard Habbie means - it sounds like half a 'knock knock' joke! Regret I don't do any links - a bit like the chip-shop that doesn't cash cheques? But I see we write on similar topics so if I did - you would be there. (:o) Regards.

Comment is about Barrie Singleton (Poet profile)

Original item by Barrie Singleton

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Tue 15th Jul 2008 17:37

Yes, for something negative melancholy has a rather jolly ring to it. I never though of it like that before, actually...

Comment is about Melanie (Poet profile)

Original item by Melanie

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Tue 15th Jul 2008 17:35

I loved the imagery of the walls around you... when we lose contact with the world through fear or whatever, it can seem there is great walls around a person...

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Tue 15th Jul 2008 17:33

The Bowwed poem, is it about a pet or baby? Its got great emotion.

Comment is about Emma (Poet profile)

Original item by Emma

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Tue 15th Jul 2008 17:32

Hi there... its been a while since Ive been over. Ive added not much to this site, but a fair bit to my own at www.writingsinrhyme.com - some translations of poems and some new poems...

I loved the poems of the Egyptian theme, and myself am working on a collection where we all trace of roots to Egypt... will be posting extracts as they come...

Hope you are keeping well...

If you want to do translations of nay of my poems or know someone who can, messsage me and let me know and Ill publish online with appropiate credits (or without if that is what is desired...)

Tomas

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Tue 15th Jul 2008 17:18

I love the unique style of your writing... what do you call the style you write in again? Its similar to the Standard Habbie...

Im adding you to the links page of my site http://www.writingsinrhyme.com - will you do the same for me?

Comment is about Barrie Singleton (Poet profile)

Original item by Barrie Singleton

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Tue 15th Jul 2008 17:15

I love the ladder poem... is wonderful how the memories of times past can be brought back by inanimate objects...

Comment is about Lynda Rose Morgan (Poet profile)

Original item by Lynda Rose Morgan

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Tue 15th Jul 2008 17:12

I like your poem.. short, to the point and rhyming. Am checking our your site now... will add your site to my links page... want to add my site http://www.writingsinrhyme.com to yours?

Comment is about M.C. Newberry (Poet profile)

Original item by M.C. Newberry

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Tue 15th Jul 2008 16:58

Yes the imagery of the penguins is well shown here in this poem. Taking a little time with it, you could have made it rhyme a bit... but maybe you dont like to rhymei n your poetry...

Comment is about sanderlings (article)

Zahi Sahli

Tue 15th Jul 2008 14:09

hey. this is a lovely poem. take a look at my newest poem called "Appreciate Life" and post a comment if you wish. Keep writing out loud.

Thanks.

Zahi

Comment is about Luvvie (blog)

Original item by Shelley Ann Dwornik

Zahi Sahli

Tue 15th Jul 2008 13:52

Dear Zuzanna,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on "A Friend of a Friend" and "The Real Life". It is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Zahi

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

David Franks

Tue 15th Jul 2008 11:15

Is "Soleil" a folk band, Scion?

Comment is about Scion (Poet profile)

Original item by Scion

Shirley Collinge

Tue 15th Jul 2008 07:38

Hi Zuzanna,

Thank you for your beautiful comment.

Sincerely Shirley

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

clarissa mckone

Tue 15th Jul 2008 06:22

HI phil, I love this one, light and fun!

Comment is about Noah was here! (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

clarissa mckone

Tue 15th Jul 2008 06:21

Hi Pete,
Very nice poem, I agree with the others. So many gutters and kerbs to hold hands with. The pavement always forgiving, except to females in pumps.Those neon cloud lips to chase after and kiss, the drunken eyes and constant crys, caused by problems in the minds eyes. Yep I like this poem,made me feel like I was on dope, and Im never on dope, good to have a contact high from your words at times!

Comment is about find the bastion (blog)

Zuzanna Musial

Tue 15th Jul 2008 06:15

Hi, Antonio

This one is on a lighter side, well written poem of yours. I could picture you listening to these noises from upstairs...Then the silence so you could take a look if she finally sleeps.
Wonderful memory, she is going to read your poems at latter stage of life. It is like a beautiful portrait from her childhood. Nice write!

Zuzanna

Comment is about Noises from above (blog)

clarissa mckone

Tue 15th Jul 2008 06:14

hi Pete,
very nice poem. life and death are in a constant circle, and Im sure we all have in one life time or another been friends, sat in a bunker at war time with each other,been married, been parents to each other, you name it! Very exciting really,I figure it this way, I have known you a long time, but even longer then we have been alive, but even longer then forever, and this friendship will never end, as life never ends, we just get recycled, each life a lesson,ah the excitment of life, what a blessing to have more then one! great poem!

Comment is about upon the missing (blog)

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 150 300 450 600 750 900 1050 1200 1350 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1489 1490 1491 Next -->