Thu 10th Jan 2008 03:15

HI Malcom, Do you think they planted any trees after cutting some down to make rocking horses? I dont know, but hes a very pretty rocking horse, Im sure some child loved him ! I had one, mine was plastic.My children had one, made of plastic.In this day and age im not sure whats worse, a plastic one or wooden?
Nice poem Malcom !

Comment is about Andy (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Thu 10th Jan 2008 02:50

Hey Malcom, Wow nice place there !Are the gardens nice too? So tell me all about this, whats going on?New Chruch?
A final point,

please make it Princely,

with feathered crests

of whitest hues.

I like the poem but this is my favorite part.

Comment is about A Right Charlie (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Thu 10th Jan 2008 02:46

Hey Phil, This is a very nice poem/vows !
thanks Clarissa

Comment is about I vow to thee (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

melissa

Wed 9th Jan 2008 10:06

Great poem!

Comment is about Shaun Fallows (Poet profile)

Original item by Shaun Fallows

melissa

Wed 9th Jan 2008 10:02

hi! I just love your poetry. "clock cafe" is my favorite:-) Happy New Year

Comment is about Mavis Gulliver (Poet profile)

Original item by Mavis Gulliver

Sophie McKeand

Wed 9th Jan 2008 08:54

Hey Gemma, it's been ages since we last spoke! happy new year!.. your poems are bloomin fantastic... i can still remember you performing the one about your nan.. which was just brilliant...
'Home is' is so sad... but the ending gives the reader real hope!..
cheers mate x

Comment is about Gemma Lees (Poet profile)

Original item by Gemma Lees

Wed 9th Jan 2008 02:04

HI Zuzanna, This is very nice, and she was special.

Comment is about CLEOPATRA (blog)

Tue 8th Jan 2008 16:19

Hi Steve, nice poem. welcome

Comment is about garside (Poet profile)

Original item by garside

Steve OConnor

Tue 8th Jan 2008 08:59

Eh Up, Mia.

How reasurring to see that you've taken the filthy poem away and replaced it with a poem about a man's love for his bicycle. My tender and fragile sensibilities thank you. You left me quite breathless.

Oh, Happy New Year - and all that sort of thing.

Dying on your arse. Definitely one to do when you are dying on your arse. It could be a true punk poetry moment. At the end of the poem you could set off a firework or shoot an audience member just for effect...

...Please don't do that at Freed Up.

"Post-performance friendliness is directly proportional to the audience’s reaction to your poem"

True. In fact, one of life's few absolutes.

Cheery-bye!
Steve

Comment is about Mia Darlone (Poet profile)

Original item by Mia Darlone

Tue 8th Jan 2008 07:40

Hello Steve

Welcome to 'W.O.L.'World of passion in poetry.
From your Biography shows that you are creative and artistic Soul. It is good to have you here.

The poem of yours it is very well written,
mysterious and thought provoking.

Thank you for sharing your love for writing.

Zuzanna

Comment is about garside (Poet profile)

Original item by garside

Tue 8th Jan 2008 04:51

Hello Ricardo!

Nice meeting you. Thank you for the great comment! I am of European roots, this is why you connecting my name with Swiss.

Thank you again...Zuzanna

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Tue 8th Jan 2008 04:48

Hello Magi!

Welcome to "W.O.L"site. I found this site very nice and the poets are very kind. They are warm in welcoming new writers. Hope you will enjoy being here. Thank you so much for your great comment on my poem. Yes, at times the visual art helps in connection to give the reader better picture what the poem is all about.

Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Tue 8th Jan 2008 04:30

Dear Lady Clarissa

Thank you for the generous comment!
Well, it is actually crazy dream but as long as you can picture all of that what was written in the poem then that poem is consider good!

This was a DREAM....Often they do have a meaning. I do have a book that has the interpretation about dreams...Quite interesting!

Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Maggie Lane

Mon 7th Jan 2008 16:01

What a fantastic pic - interesting poem - good way of linking art and poetry.
Magi.

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Mon 7th Jan 2008 02:10

Hi Daniel, this is a very nice poem!

Comment is about The hourglass (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Ricardo Reis

Sun 6th Jan 2008 21:14

Incredible picture!!

Why do I keep thinking you are Swiss?

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Sun 6th Jan 2008 06:11

HI Zuzanna, boy thats a crazy dream. I tell you the Moon has sway over us all in some way.I have had some dreams over and over, makes you wonder if there is some meaning to them at times.

Comment is about MOON DREAMS (blog)

Sun 6th Jan 2008 05:46

This is fantastic poem and would be great for the Children story book. Great write Malpoet!

Zuzanna

Comment is about Ali (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Pete Crompton

Sat 5th Jan 2008 23:26

HI Clarissa - Happy New Year

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Sat 5th Jan 2008 14:45

Phil, this is really nice. good work!

Comment is about Loves Lies Bleeding (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Malcolm Saunders

Fri 4th Jan 2008 10:11

Thanks Moxy, just getting the cart hell out of the garage now and I'm off. The screaming and suppurating wretches will probably have fallen off it by whitsun so I shouldn't disgrace the proceedings too much.

That last stanza Sophie. There are different degrees of left or right preference. I am one of those who is overwhelmingly so. I am not a particularly well coordinated person and I couldn't write anything right handedly to save my life. The truth is that I can't write very well with my left hand which is part of why I am so much more at home with a keyboard. (There is very little bird seed in my keyboard).

Anyway, back to the point. With the brain displacing so much motor activity to a different location relative to a right handed person I believe, and there is growing research evidence to support it, that other brain functions such as speech, language, imagination and hand-eye coordination are developed in different brain areas than they are in right handed people.

Left handed people do not live quite as long as right handers. This could be due to a higher accident rate through living in a world in which implements are predominantly designed for dexters, but there is some evidence that there is more to it than that. We are probably inherently more clumsy as a consequence of inferior hand-eye coordination. So far as the use of speech and language is concerned, things are much more complicated. Overall, women tend to have greater articulacy than men, but left handedness seems to improve speech and language use, so for a male left hander there are some advantages to be had in the use of words.

Sorry to go on so much, but what the stanza means is that I consider the different arrangement of brain function for us sinisters results in some enrichment of society because by products of the different motor arrangements include creative and linguistic outcomes that would not otherwise be there.

Your grandad probably hoped that he would help you to fit in with the norm and make your life easier. It was a misguided view that has now mostly gone away I am pleased to say. The fact that about 10% of the population are left handed indicates that there is an evolutionary reason why it is not eradicated.

All of my wives are left handed, but we have only produced right handed children.

Comment is about A Lefty's Revenge (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Fri 4th Jan 2008 02:10

HI Daniel,This is a nice little poem

Comment is about word play (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Lindsey

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 20:32

Comment is about Lindsey Ashton (Poet profile)

Original item by Lindsey Ashton

Sophie McKeand

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 20:05

my grandad was obsessed with me writing with my right hand even though i am left handed.. i just waited till he wasn't looking and switched.. what a pointless exercise!

Not sure about the last stanza though... am i reading your meaning there right? (ha no pun intended...)

Comment is about A Lefty's Revenge (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Moxy Casimir

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 16:24

Long Live The Southpaws, the Sinisters! We Dexters are too plentiful. Wired straight into the fecund imagination is what you are. A rallying call of bsolute distinction, Mr Malpoet. You have won a free all year travel ticket for the Troika/Rickshaw Vladimir's Toc Toc Mobile Dacha Holy Sage Whitsun Wedding Cartel.

Comment is about A Lefty's Revenge (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Kevin Connolly

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 15:54

I want to see more of your work, Mia! I'm having Mia Darlone withdrawal-symptoms... I need a hit, lol.

Comment is about Mia Darlone (Poet profile)

Original item by Mia Darlone

Moxy Casimir

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 10:50

Hello Sally, this is terrific! I have a liver fluke if that's any use to you and if the alchemical flute doesn't work out.

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 04:57

Clarissa~ I adore trees. All kind of trees. The bigger the most magnificent to look at! I love the Baobab... African trees that really provide a shelter for local people. I was amazing when looked at the pictures from Africa and the use of those particular trees. The picture attached to my write shows that particular tree.

Thank you for your sweet comment!

Zuzanna

Comment is about TREE - THE SYMBOL OF LIFE (blog)

Thu 3rd Jan 2008 00:38

Hi Zuzanna, nice poem, trees are so special!

Comment is about TREE - THE SYMBOL OF LIFE (blog)

Malcolm Saunders

Wed 2nd Jan 2008 16:20

Your computer eats too much. I bet your bird is the skinniest around this Christmas.

The tee shirt is on its way to the utility room where it can hope to serve a decade or two cleaning windows, floors and things before exiting to the garage to become an oily rag. It will probably be doing service in this capacity after I have expired and gone to fertilise a rather beautiful prunus.

Fairly good value. I got it free as a piece of advertising. Mind you, all this disgusting overconsumption is contributing to a catastrophic end to the wrold. The sweat of its makers probably contributed horribly to global warming.

Comment is about A Good Age (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Moxy Casimir

Wed 2nd Jan 2008 14:30

Missed the 'g' from 'gonzo' due to birdseed under keyboard.

Comment is about A Good Age (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Moxy Casimir

Wed 2nd Jan 2008 12:07

Doh! A fitting (one size fits all?) epilogue for the Gozo life of a Hunteresque Tee shirt. 'Hope I fade before I grow old.' Fairtrade to you, sir. Has it gone for recycling by way of shoddy or household utility rag? The seven ages of man hypered and condensed and analogied -- Tee-rrific!

Comment is about A Good Age (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Wed 2nd Jan 2008 05:22

Very nice Phil ! This has a ring to it. I understand in a way I have 3 teenagers. I told mine years ago, I dont have any so dont ask. great poem

Comment is about ‘ing (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

David Franks

Tue 1st Jan 2008 19:44

Thanks, Ricardo: and, if it's okay, I'll respond with another (introductory) peom from my collection walkaboutsverse.741.com -

Poem 3 of 230: PICTURES

Photographs and, more so, painted-
Pictures of people and places,
For ends, involve in some cases
Adjustment of what was gathered.

With restrained artistic licence,
To make metre and rhyme with sense,
All matters related here -
Save the love-songs, to be clear -
Did happen to me, no fear,
And time-ordered they appear.

(C) David Franks 2003

Comment is about David Franks: Walkabouts Verse (Poet profile)

Original item by David Franks: Walkabouts Verse

David Morgan

Tue 1st Jan 2008 16:20

Nice one Phil, keep staggering along there with the rest of us whose only excuse is alcoholic excess, hope you get from a to z in 2008.

Dave

Comment is about Controlled by my Feet (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Belinda Johnston

Tue 1st Jan 2008 14:39

Hi Allan,

I do remember you from the Greenroom at the freed up night. Thankyou for your kind words regarding my performance. I would like to gain more experience by attending more poetry events and to meet other writers.

I have been away travelling in Japan but I'm back now. I also enjoyed your performance at the Greenroom.

Best wishes for 2008

Belinda

Comment is about Allan Gray (the artist formerly known as Gordon Zola) (Poet profile)

Original item by Allan Gray (the artist formerly known as Gordon Zola)

Tue 1st Jan 2008 02:56

Hello, Phil - Fabulous job!

Congratulations on the very first poem posted in a New Year 2008***

Zuzanna

Comment is about Controlled by my Feet (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Tue 1st Jan 2008 02:46

Hello Phil-Great take on a creative writing in this write. All is located in a BRAIN" You got this right!

"Thought proposed

Desire seconded

Walk from a to b

Motion carried

Brain commanded move"

Your muse is amazing!
GREAT WRITE!

Happy New Year 2008 !!!

Zuzanna Musial

Comment is about Controlled by my Feet (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Mon 31st Dec 2007 20:29

Peter,As it is true, that its just the same old same old.The fireworks are pretty.I guess its the old romantic in me, that would love to go out for dinner and dancing, then home with the one I love to ring in the new year away from crowds and loud people.It may never happen. good poem

Comment is about A something New Year (blog)

Mon 31st Dec 2007 20:02

Pete~ How brilliant of you to describe the trueness of the New Year exposition. The fireworks, the fear etc...I do respect the old song though...The "Auld Lang Syne"

GREAT POEM!!!

Happy New Year 2008!!

Zuzanna

Comment is about A something New Year (blog)

Mon 31st Dec 2007 18:55

Dave, it is me again reading your awesome poems!

I love the imagination-how you implemented the knowledge about punctuation marks and other grammatical errors'

"Grammatical Errors

Placed on a section and pressed between these four walls,
wrote off and unpunctuated and covered in black and blue.
From waged hands I’m carelessly portrayed
disrespected and stamped with dark brown coffee stains.

A trademark that left a bad taste
I manifest on the page as a question mark
hooked and hanging,
like the misplaced apostrophes;
I’ve lost my sense of belonging."

I found that those punctuation marks are very important, especially when someone does the recording for a specific write. This poem has a great educational values.

GREAT WRITE!!

Happy New Year 2008!

I will be interested to read more of poems...Zuzanna

Comment is about Dave Stannage (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Stannage

Mon 31st Dec 2007 18:47

Hello Dave

When I came to your Biography page, I have learned more about your motifs and the ideas why you love writing. I must admit that I have been employed in Rehabilitation Institution for over twenty years. I guess this will be the outlet for taking the mind off from the daily grind if someone has to deal with other people health issues. I found your writing very interesting. Your poetry is very easy to understand.

The poem -- "Lightness"

It was all black and bleakness until the Greek man boarded,
he must have been twenty five stone plus.
My friend and I helped him with his suitcase
as he wrestled with his breath."

This wonderful write has a depth of a traveler a someone who is not sure what he will encounter in a new place. Then the delicious description of a wonderful Greek food, cheeses...etc...
I love this type of poetry.

Great presentation and pleasant to read.
You have done an excellent job on that Poem!!

Zuzanna Musial

Comment is about Dave Stannage (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Stannage

Mon 31st Dec 2007 18:03

Malcom, this is very nice, and brings back memorys of family. I have been there. thanks

Comment is about Cardiac Ward (blog)

Original item by Malpoet

Val Cook

Mon 31st Dec 2007 12:35

I like this poem Nick,it stirs up so many images.`Rain nattering at the tear stained glass.` Yes it does natter at times,you captured that alright. I`m sure I will enjoy reading this poem again. What`s a Ham house Nick?

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Mon 31st Dec 2007 08:47

Dear Miss Clarissa

Thank you for the information as well as the link. I will check her site.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!!!

Thank you...Zuzanna

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Mon 31st Dec 2007 02:51

HI Zuzanna, I thought I would tell you about a singer you may like her name is Loreena McKennitt, I have been inspired many times by her music. Happy New Year clarissa

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

David Morgan

Sun 30th Dec 2007 22:03

Hello Ven, just browsing through the site and came upon your poems which I like very much, interesting mix but very accessible to someone who struggles with the abstract. Put some more up please.

Dave

Comment is about Ven (Poet profile)

Original item by Ven

David Morgan

Sun 30th Dec 2007 21:51

Arthur,allow me to call you a poet if you can't call yourself one, ah those sleepless thinking nights, how well we know them generally less down to women these days than dyspepsia and the fortunes of Bolton Wanderers. Keep writing, love to read more.

Dave

Comment is about Arthur Matthew (Poet profile)

Original item by Arthur Matthew

Sun 30th Dec 2007 03:51

Hello Lady Melissa

I am very pleased meeting you.
Thank you for the New Year Wishes.

I wish you too -Wonderful
and Prosperous New Year 2008!!

Zuzanna

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 145 290 435 580 725 870 1015 1160 1305 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1439 1440 1441 Next -->