clarissa mckone

Tue 3rd Jun 2008 03:20

Hi Pete, I looked up the song, it reminded me of some other songs, by others. So as you know I did take the time to listen to the song and read the poem. Its really very good! I can see how you could connect the two together. The song in a way brought the poem more alive, made it deeper! Dont we all hold on to those little things, from past loves? There is always that "special" one, or two "special" ones.That if given a chance, it could have worked out.Many times for me, a song has made a poem live within me and I put it to paper. I guess the music of Lorenna Mckennitt, may have produced the most poems from me, an almost hypnotic effect, as if spirit leaves flesh. strange I guess, but thats me! great poem.Never feel bad about trinkets/memories, they are woven into your heart and in part made you, who you are!

Comment is about letting go (the cards and flowers) (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Tue 3rd Jun 2008 00:14

I'm not sure if The song is in my collection, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. However, i'll search and let you know. It's one i'm not familiar with but might know it when i hear it.
I'll get back to you! x

Comment is about letting go (the cards and flowers) (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 23:41

p.s. thanks, it's just an opinion, that's all. it's up to us how we react to any given situation.
Sometimes we have to make a stand or we get walked on, or worse still, trodden on.
thanks again great write. janet.

Comment is about here is the revolution (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Janet Ramsden

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 23:34

Whooh! I see what you're saying, i think ?
A lot of what i write includes God. Such as giving thanks asking forgiveness.
Every day is a new day and each and every day we learn something different.
For me, God means good and lives within, all around, above and below us.
On that princicple, surely it's possible that the devil does too?
The mistake we make is thinking of god and the devil as a person/persons. It's people who cause war, disillusion etc...

Comment is about here is the revolution (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Jeff Dawson

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 23:28

Hi Pete, thanks for comment on New Model Army, think I will perform it at next gig! ta Jeff

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Jeff Dawson

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 23:26

Hi Mel, thanks for your comment about 'New Model Army' - it's the effect I was hoping for so feedback like that is really appreciated, Jeff X

Comment is about Melanie (Poet profile)

Original item by Melanie

Jeff Dawson

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 23:22

Tremendous Pete, blimey you did need to write! really enjoyed it, cheers Jeff

Comment is about letting go (the cards and flowers) (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 23:20

I feel this was written about me.
Thanks Mel for putting it straight. love Janet.

Comment is about eyes (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Jeff Dawson

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 23:18

A few great lines here mate! cheers Jeff

Comment is about Womb with a view (blog)

Jeff Dawson

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 23:15

Hi Melissa, this is quite beautiful and more experienced writers than me have already told you that, I feel quite tranquil after reading it, thanks Jeff

Comment is about To Touch The Sky (blog)

Pete Crompton

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 23:09

Hi Jeff
Loving the new stuff
always great to read, better to see you in real life performing these punk ette pieces

great!

Comment is about Jeffarama! (Poet profile)

Original item by Jeffarama!

Pete Crompton

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 23:07

"The hybrid parasite kicks out with leg" bloody hell thats good.

It reminds of Brett Anderson Lyrics.
he wrote a line once 'bitch of an itch' and it reminds me of some of your stuff.

but yes 'hybride parasite' I like it.
this is also very lyric like and would suit a song.
It also reminds me of the style of early Human League, in particular, the song 'Life Kills' (from the travelougue Album)

great.

Comment is about Womb with a view (blog)

Pete Crompton

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 23:01

Its very special and moving for me to know this poem has stirred amotion ad hopefully brought joy if only in a melocholic but romantic way to all of you.
My appreciation goes out to you, and Mel and Antoni, so much thanks for what you say.

Ive tweaked this one. I think its one ill always be slightly fiddling with, its carved

If you wish, why not try reading this poem and perhaps play the song which helped its creation. its a lovely ballad by Dave Gilmour. 'smile' from his new Album.

I would like to know if it works for you or at least if you could connect with the song...

I'm very interested to hear from you about this as I am very much into interaction with other art forms. I especially like to know what stirs and whether any new ideas or feelings come forward.

Comment is about letting go (the cards and flowers) (blog)

Melanie Rees

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 22:22

I had to read this poem several times. The repetition gives it a very hypnotic quality and the energy and fire comes through in every word.

Mel
x

Comment is about These Hands (blog)

Original item by Jordan

Janet Ramsden

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 22:19

I read this poem before and liked it.

Comment is about Katie Harper (Poet profile)

Original item by Katie Harper

Melanie Rees

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 22:17

This is a very intriguing poem Sean...it somehow leaves me wanting to read more...

Mel
x

Comment is about Burnt Chips (blog)

Melanie Rees

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 22:15

Oh and i repeat...you old romantic Mr Golding...you should read this poem clad in a knight's armour and have bluebells in your hair. Lovely.

mel
x

Comment is about Bluebells (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Melanie Rees

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 22:13

i think the format of this poem is just lovely Daniel. The content is poignant and not at all nettle-like...very, very delicate.

Mel
x

Comment is about eyes (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Melanie Rees

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 22:10

I echo Zuzanna's write...what a wonderful poem.

Mel
x

Comment is about To Touch The Sky (blog)

Melanie Rees

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 22:09

What a powerful opening first line of a poem. Wow. "The pain of life climbs upward in a line". it really draws you into the poem.

Comment is about Womb with a view (blog)

Melanie Rees

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 22:06

A truly beautiful poem Pete...emotion simply drips from each line. I think the curve of the rhythm and your line endings are simply stunning.

Melx

Comment is about letting go (the cards and flowers) (blog)

Pete Crompton

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 19:17

Thanks Janet, Zu and Clarissa
I will remove some perts of this poem and compact it a bit, I'll be careful to keep the ride going.

x thanks

Comment is about letting go (the cards and flowers) (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 19:16

Hi Phil, this is really is a most beautiful poem. Somehow "beautiful" seems too hard a word but for the life of me, without searching a dictionary, i'm struggling to find the right word for perfection? Ooh, maybe that's the word, see, it was there all the time and just when..
ps i have to admit to being sad enough to have read this at 3 am. The Dawn chorus is getting a bit repetitive now. janet.

Comment is about Bluebells (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Janet Ramsden

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 19:02

Haaa! pity me then. For the most part,i enjoy it but the wanting of time out breaks are becoming extremely frequent. Hence my economic depression looming !!!
ps. if that is a safestyle window, you must be on a better screw than me 'cos i couldn't afford them. Oh police! ha ha.

Comment is about Dark June (blog)

steve

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 18:45

is that a safestyle window?

Comment is about Dark June (blog)

Richard Brooks

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 17:14

I find depression to be a real inspiration! You've mastered your sonnets, ive never attempted one, maybe I will! Am I right in saying that shakespearian sonnets ended with a rhyming couplet? What ae the rules around sonnets?

Comment is about Dark June (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 17:10

The more i read this, it wrought so many varied emotions, it was difficult to imagine in ones lifetime. It's a fantastic ride!
I mean read. sorry.couldn't resist.
My temples are throbbing though!

All in all, i think this is a personal best for you.
Great stuff.
(ps. much better than a steam train at full throttle) for me anyway. Janet.

Comment is about letting go (the cards and flowers) (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 16:43

A very unpleasant character as a passenger.
His mate was very thoughtful though in the front with me. At least he opened the window before he decided to spray the car door with his afternoon pig-swill. Didn't offer to clean it either, ignorant b*st**d.
Shame really, cos when i first looked at your dinosaur, it reminded me of my Nessie poem.
From fantasia to hell in 2 minutes flat. How's that for an emotional rollercoaster of a ride. Hope you're ok.Janet.x

Comment is about Dark June (blog)

Laura King (The Poet Laura-eate)

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 16:23

I can attest to the fact that Ms Pantechnicon is the best-dressed cat-motivational poetry writing poet on the poetry circuit!

Comment is about Rachel Pantechnicon (Poet profile)

Original item by Rachel Pantechnicon

clarissa mckone

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 13:46

Nice Poem Pete!

Comment is about letting go (the cards and flowers) (blog)

clarissa mckone

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 13:39

Hi Melissa, I very much enjoyed eading this wonderful poem of yours! Its very nice. Thanks

Comment is about To Touch The Sky (blog)

clarissa mckone

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 13:37

Hi Phil,
This is a very nice poem, I very much enjoyed reading it! Thanks

Comment is about Bluebells (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Richard Barrett

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 10:46

Hi, Zuzanna

Thanks for taking the time to read the poem and comment (thanks for yr other comment as well!)

The intention of the poem is pretty straightforward really: just to put forth my idea that town-planners are a little like kids playing with Lego blocks; and they often have about as much thought for the residents of cities as kids as well. Also I wanted to show opposing points of view re urban development - and that I've tried to articuate via the two different voices. Which brings me onto the form of the poem: it's scattered just to try and demonstrate the words are supposed to come from two, distinct voices. The form is also a tip of my cap to Charles Olson - one of my fave poets.

Cheers,
Richard.

Comment is about town planning committee club (blog)

Zuzanna Musial

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 07:39

HI, Richard

Interesting with the committee assignments; but what you have in mind to accomplish by those involved. Think this is quite thought provoking write. Why the structure of your poem is scattered all over the page? Is there any purpose for that - Just curious…?

Zuzanna

Comment is about town planning committee club (blog)

Zuzanna Musial

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 07:30

Dear Melissa

This is beautiful poem… I loved the self examine lines with a touch of a doubt if you accomplished all ...Sadness in this stanza...

""If I go tomorrow,
what have I done today
to show that I did try
to paint my dreams
so vividly
across the sky? ""

Then you getting again on your feet and carry on with your strong desire to live fulfilling your dreams...LOVELY!!

Wonderful poem !
Zuzanna

Comment is about To Touch The Sky (blog)

Zuzanna Musial

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 07:25

Hello, Pete

Beautiful poem penned with feelings and emotions. You have examined your life getting back memory lane, in this stanza...

""The sketched red heart of steel
with biro pen
Underlines a time, when
We loved
And as though a maturing wine
Our infant lovers choice of words
Fitted the time
Would we use the same words again
Or does maturity spoil
The purity of feeling?"""

EXCELLENT!

Zuzanna

Comment is about letting go (the cards and flowers) (blog)

Zuzanna Musial

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 07:18

Hello, Phil

Very refreshing and romantic poem, tuned with Nature. You have great way with words to put them the right way so the poetry is very enjoyable to read.

Zuzanna

Comment is about Bluebells (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Zuzanna Musial

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 07:12

Alison sorry the first line should read like this..."The poem Tribute written well"

Not sure why the I was there...:)

Comment is about My Friend the Ghost (blog)

Original item by Alison Mary Dunn

Zuzanna Musial

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 07:10

Dear Alison

The poem Tribute l written well, it touched my heart deeply. Sad when someone dear is gone to early. You have expressed the sorrow well. As if Janet picked the stanza, I like to say too. "Times heal the deepest wounds of loss." Thank you for sharing beautiful poetry.

PS: Thank you for the comment on my Contemplation poem.

Zuzanna
x

Comment is about My Friend the Ghost (blog)

Original item by Alison Mary Dunn

Zuzanna Musial

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 07:01

Hello Friends in Poetry

Pete, Darren, Alison, Carol, Jeff and Antonio…Thank you so much
for your precious words from your heart.

The comments mean a lot to me.

Zuzanna

Comment is about Contemplation (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Janet Ramsden

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 03:20

Wings of my dreams still dance in my heart and beg to fly.
I love this, and "never to die."
It touched my heart and gave me butterflies.
Like a child in a summer meadow with flowers in her hair, surrounded by serenity, peace and love.
I can smell the bluebells and sweetpeas with their delicate pastel colours.
Even if it wasn't what you intended, this is the image i received. I wouldn't have missed this for the world. Thankyou. love janet.x

Comment is about To Touch The Sky (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 01:47

What happened to optimism? Think dark and it will be dark. eg; Yesterday, my whole world was dark. Today, it rained.
In my present state of mind, economic depression is a certainty but i remain optimistic?
I keep thinking of a rather nasty little lizard who wasn't very nice to me while in the back seat of my car.His tongue was like the excerpt from "silence of the lamb." (yuck!)
Your little dinosaur in the window reminded me of it. ps i was driving by the way.
Hi ant..

Comment is about Dark June (blog)

Pete Crompton

Mon 2nd Jun 2008 00:40

wow
thanks everyone
woooooo Clarissa thats a reply
and in Yankee land they got six lanes o traffic!

Comment is about tell me about your traffic jam (blog)

Zuzanna Musial

Sun 1st Jun 2008 23:14

Hello, Antonio

Another fascinating poem - I could easily paint a picture of that garden. The feelings are wonderful when reading your write. The only sad part was when you cut your leg and the blood spill...Hmmm...I hope it was just another Imaginary stuff… Great photo!

Zuzanna

Comment is about The cloud garden (blog)

Zuzanna Musial

Sun 1st Jun 2008 23:08

HI, Antonio

This is excellent poem. The predictions of the time change….Hmmm… I wonder where you found the cute picture of the little Dinosaur. It feels at home, as they use to be in our Province Millions years ago. The place where they lived called Drumheller.
Although you are looking to the future with this write, it does not change the fact that we have a short time for the longest days in the summer time.
GREAT STUFF!!

Thank you for your comment on my poem.

Kind Regards,
Zuzanna

Comment is about Dark June (blog)

Jeff Dawson

Sun 1st Jun 2008 22:29

Hi Antonio! A bit of forward thinking, nice one, yes I will have to get more depressing poetry out for the dark nights of August. I like this and the cloud garden, but have to be honest I didn't really understand the ending of that one!!

Anyway, keep it up, you're on a roll! Thanks for comment, and yes I wasn't the oldest at the New Model Army gig!! cheers Jeffarama!

Comment is about Dark June (blog)

Sean Stanley

Sun 1st Jun 2008 20:30

Put this on record, jazz it up with Bibby & get a soft Nordine voice to it!

Comment is about Stop The Clocks (blog)

Original item by John Togher

Nicola Beckett

Sun 1st Jun 2008 20:22

Hi Sally,

I love Double negative. It's evocative and real. I especially like the last line which links back to the title and also creates a sad ending. Keep writing, x nicola

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Zuzanna Musial

Sun 1st Jun 2008 18:23

Hello, Sean

Welcome to WOL poetry. It is nice to read your poems. Both of your samples are delightful.

- "Watching Her Undress"
- "Breaking The Bread"

It was a pleasure to read.
GREAT JOB!

Zuzanna

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Zuzanna Musial

Sun 1st Jun 2008 18:18

HI, Sean

In a few lines, you have a great story. It shows that you are talented with words.
Keep up the great job!

Zuzanna

Comment is about Burnt Chips (blog)

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 148 296 444 592 740 888 1036 1184 1332 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1473 1474 1475 Next -->