Melissa R. Mendelson

Sun 27th Jul 2008 17:26

Hey, Zuzanna. Things are indeed tough out there and may continue to be son, but we just have to hold strong.

Hope you had a great weekend as well. :)

-Melissa

Comment is about Zuzanna Musial (Poet profile)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

clarissa mckone

Sun 27th Jul 2008 16:37

HI Antonio,
Obama in a way is like a Kennedy, same talk. He is a member of the same clubs as the big familys, such as the tri lateral commision, the on the surface looks like a nice group, but infact is for globalization. The 2 party system was long ago infiltrated by big media and neither party represents the values set out at the founding of the partys or for that matter this country. Many that dwell on the future can see it play out a few ways. one, he could end up like Kennedy, that will set of riots. Two its looking as if we shall end up in another war with Iran, if that happens, we dont have the man power to do it, no draft in place, so it will be with nuks. Now if Bush can do that, lets say there is another "terrorist" attack before the elections, He has the power to cancel the elections, impose martial law.He will get the wars he wants, its a power grab. They have through globalization created a mess, they have made other countrys wealthy, to the point that they have money, nuks,and a need for oil. When oil prices go up, the dollar falls. Not sure why.But enough of all that, we are all watching. Mccain could win, but it would be false election votes.Its a shame really the one man that could have changed it for us, was never given any air time by big media. good write. In my opinion, Obama is a show boat, not enough experience.I all so think he is muslim, and is just not saying so. I hope that Im wrong, I hope it gets better. take care

Comment is about Calmer about Obama (blog)

David Franks

Sun 27th Jul 2008 14:25

Just enjoyed your poem, Jennie.

Comment is about jennie (Poet profile)

Original item by jennie

Zuzanna Musial

Sat 26th Jul 2008 23:53

Dear Melissa

The song or Lyrics is up to date with such wonderful thought provoking lines to the one that comes to read this write. You have captured reality well. It is all over the World now the heaviness of the increasing cost of living and the salary are low. It will bring the World down if this is going to continuous like this. I am not a visionary but anyone can feel the impact of the prices we pay. Very wise write-Thank you foe sharing!

Have a great weekend!

Zuzanna
xx

Comment is about Across The Page (blog)

Philip Golding

Sat 26th Jul 2008 23:39

Thank you Jeff and Tim for your kinds. My youngest son Jack, agred 9, was my inspiration behind this poem. I was reading to him, in his mums bed when the words came to me. I had to dash to write the basic framework before finishing writing the poem. Thank you Jeff for the ultimate complement of showing your daughter.

Comment is about Jack (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Zuzanna Musial

Sat 26th Jul 2008 23:39

HI, Antonio

Yes, there will be lots of changes when he takes the sit! I wonder how all things will be...? It is a huge puzzle now as to the future in general so to speak...Well time will tell.
Your poem is wonderful and thought provoking!
Great work!

Zuzanna

Comment is about Calmer about Obama (blog)

Zuzanna Musial

Sat 26th Jul 2008 23:31

Hello, Tim

Thank you for the lovely comment you placed about my poem with the A VISION in title.

Kind Regards,
Zuzanna

Comment is about Tim Linton (Poet profile)

Original item by Tim Linton

Zuzanna Musial

Sat 26th Jul 2008 23:29

Hello, Tim

Thank you for the comment,you right!
One person can do only so much!!

Have a great weekend!

Zuzanna

Comment is about A VISION (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Sandre Clays

Sat 26th Jul 2008 22:27

Yeah, but will he be any good? Have to say I like him.

Comment is about Calmer about Obama (blog)

Jeff Dawson

Sat 26th Jul 2008 18:46

Hi Jordan, must have a look at this Haiku, don't know anything about it - looks like you don't have to write much, but what you do is very meaningful, nice one Jeff

Comment is about Tears Haiku (blog)

Original item by Jordan

Jeff Dawson

Sat 26th Jul 2008 18:24

Hi Phil, I hope this was a few years ago!!! Lovely imagination really enjoyed, it, took me back too, will show my daughter, think she'll like it, shes 8 cheers Jeff

Comment is about Jack (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

Melissa R. Mendelson

Sat 26th Jul 2008 17:36

Thank you, Jeff. :)

It was her wedding day, and I should've been there. But I hope she will forgive me one day.

Take care. :)

-Melissa

Comment is about Jeffarama! (Poet profile)

Original item by Jeffarama!

Melissa R. Mendelson

Sat 26th Jul 2008 17:34

Obama makes me nervous, but as a Democrat, he should remain true to Democracy. Or so I hope, and change is coming.

And we will see where it leads.

Comment is about Calmer about Obama (blog)

Melissa R. Mendelson

Sat 26th Jul 2008 17:19

Hi, Tomas.

Thank you for your comment. Walls can be our allies, keep the cold hands of life out, or it can be our enemy, keeping life away from us. But no matter what wall we stand behind, everything we are will always be known to the ghosts walking through like in your poem, The Unseen Shadow, which I really liked. :)

Comment is about Tomás Ó Cárthaigh (Poet profile)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Melissa R. Mendelson

Sat 26th Jul 2008 17:15

Hauntingly beautiful. With your words, you paint a gentle ghost hoping to reach the void for her love, but instead she stays with us, walking through the walls we keep in our lives. :)

Comment is about The Unseen Shadow (blog)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Sandre Clays

Sat 26th Jul 2008 00:35

It's a hard life but someone has to live it. Go for it.

Comment is about Fairground distraction (blog)

Sandre Clays

Sat 26th Jul 2008 00:19

Is that a no then?

Comment is about In the name of Gord, go (blog)

Tim Linton

Fri 25th Jul 2008 18:27

lovely poem!

Comment is about A poem - I borrowed you (blog)

Original item by Emma

Tim Linton

Fri 25th Jul 2008 18:25

love this poem. I also play electric guitar.

Comment is about In the pink (blog)

Tim Linton

Fri 25th Jul 2008 18:19

brilliant! No one person can do everything but maybe just a little bit.

Comment is about A VISION (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Tim Linton

Fri 25th Jul 2008 18:16

enjoyed this poem. lovely reminder of childhood.

Comment is about Jack (blog)

Original item by Phil Golding

paul

Fri 25th Jul 2008 11:01

Best photos are by David Andrews - the rest taken by me

Comment is about Bradford Poet Laureate, Gerrard Benson, at the Red Shed Readings, Wakefield June 2008 (photo)

paul

Fri 25th Jul 2008 11:00

Photos by John Togher

Comment is about Anthony & Helen at the Poetry Brew, Wigan June 2008 (photo)

paul

Fri 25th Jul 2008 10:59

Photos by John Togher

Comment is about Antonionioni at the Tudor House, Wigan July 2008 (photo)

paul

Fri 25th Jul 2008 10:58

Photos taken on a clapped out Cannon by me

Comment is about Wenceslas Kapesa-Chanda relaxes in a square in Bordeaux July 2008 (photo)

Zuzanna Musial

Fri 25th Jul 2008 05:53

Hello Dear Friends in Poetry

Thank you Sandre, Antonio, Janet and Jeff- for your fantastic comments!!
I knew it will be difficult to follow this one, it supposed to be like that!
Please read the information below, this was to challenge the word "VISION"
For those of you that had struggle with understanding the meaning of this write. I have brought some of the definitions from the Dictionary to help you understand why the write was sort of mix of all major issues that we shall practice to create a better World for our Generations. Hope this will explain and give more light on this complex write:

The poem shall have the meanings included in the body with the theme -VISION
Shall have my own thoughts and imagination used there.

Vision (Definitions from Dictionary.com)

1. the act or power of sensing with the eyes; sight.
2. the act or power of anticipating that which will or may come to be
3. an experience in which a personage, thing, or event appears vividly or credibly to the mind, although not actually present, often under the influence of a divine or other agency
4. something seen or otherwise perceived during such an experience.
5. a vivid, imaginative conception or anticipation: visions of wealth and glory.
6. something seen; an object of sight.
7. a scene, person, etc., of extraordinary beauty:
8. to envision.

Thank you once again…Have a great Friday and coming weekend!

Kind Regards,
Zuzanna

Comment is about A VISION (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Jeff Dawson

Fri 25th Jul 2008 00:50

Hi Zuzanna, I had to read this a few times to get into it, bit different style probably but it was worth it.

Wonderful sentiment and not a million miles from that I wrote 'Darker Skies' with, only yours is a bit more optimistic! thanks Jeff

Comment is about A VISION (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Dave Powell

Thu 24th Jul 2008 23:07

Hi Louise, great pieces. You have great rhythm.

Comment is about Louise Fazackerley (Poet profile)

Original item by Louise Fazackerley

Janet Ramsden

Thu 24th Jul 2008 22:48

I take it you decided to polish off the lot then.
Wine that is!

Quite quirky this one. Varied but interesting imagery. Along with the usual negativity about the weather. It's no wonder we get so much rain in this country. We wish it upon ourselves.
Love Janet.xx

Comment is about Fairground distraction (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Thu 24th Jul 2008 22:39

I can't explain it but a lot of this poem made me feel really heavy. Like i was carrying the world on my shoulders.
These are the kind of things i pray for every day, but as Sandre and Antonioni say, the reality far outweighs the possibility.
Sad but true. Well done for fitting so much into the write though. Very sincere too.
Love Janet.xx

Comment is about A VISION (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Sandre Clays

Thu 24th Jul 2008 21:58

I share your vision for world peace but doubt its achievement. Your poem is beautiful, full of hope but sadly I am a sceptic. Still writing the framework for future harmony cannot be a sin. More power to your poetry.

Comment is about A VISION (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Darren Thomas

Thu 24th Jul 2008 20:47

Simon, I have seen and heard you perform your poetry. It's about time we were exposed to it on the page. Fantastic stuff.

Comment is about Simon Ellis (Poet profile)

Original item by Simon Ellis

Zuzanna Musial

Thu 24th Jul 2008 18:39

Dear Friends in Poetry

Shirley, Carol, Darren, Antonio, Janet and Jeff… THANK YOU ALL!
For the fabulous comments on this particular poem; it is meant be for all soldiers, no matter where they are from. I think we owe them at least a word of thank you for the devoted service. Enough said about that, as I will shed a tear thinking of them and those they left behind. Thank you once again and will be back latter to comment on your poems...Have a beautiful evening and coming Weekend!

Greetings from Canada
With lots of friendship love...Zuzanna

Comment is about TRIBUTE TO SOLDIERS (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Lynda Morgan

Thu 24th Jul 2008 17:55

Hi Tomas

Thank you for your lovely comment on my poem dads ladders. I love the detail of everyday life.

Lynda X

Comment is about Tomás Ó Cárthaigh (Poet profile)

Original item by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Lynda Morgan

Thu 24th Jul 2008 17:52

Hi Jeff

Thank you for your lovely commet about my poem swim day. I'm the lucky one. Working with special needs children is the most fun I ever had.

Lynda X

Comment is about Jeffarama! (Poet profile)

Original item by Jeffarama!

Shirley Collinge

Thu 24th Jul 2008 10:18

Hi Jeff,

I think a lot of us have felt this kind of pain and humiliation; it is how we deal with it that matters. Thanks for a great comment.

Sincerely Shirley

Comment is about Jeffarama! (Poet profile)

Original item by Jeffarama!

Darren Thomas

Thu 24th Jul 2008 10:13

Are bikes those things you buy, only to leave in a shed for spiders to play on and spin webs in their frames?
Nice one Ant...

Comment is about Two wheels good (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Thu 24th Jul 2008 09:50

My, you're a busy man!
Loved the comparison between red and white wine. I reckon there's room for both in my life.

John Peel. What fantastic memories!
This is funny as it is serious. Great poem, just oozing with imagery.

I love York as a place to visit as well!
Thanks for sharing. Janet.x

Comment is about Andy Humphrey (Poet profile)

Original item by Andy Humphrey

Sandre Clays

Thu 24th Jul 2008 00:27

Hi guys, this reminded me of trying to ride my first bike. Disaster. Fell off and scuffed my wrists. Never since managed even to drive a car. How sad is this. Poetry is so personal. love it. Sandy.

Comment is about Two wheels good (blog)

Jeff Dawson

Wed 23rd Jul 2008 23:07

Hi Antonio, quite deep for you, and although I don't fully understand it, sounds like a bit of fear and apprehension there, Jeff ps thanks for your comment, I agree it seems that those who care most tend to be those with little anyway. Have a good break!

Comment is about Two aspects of loneliness (blog)

Jeff Dawson

Wed 23rd Jul 2008 22:46

Hi Carol, I've never heard of Haiku, will have to google it! interesting concept and very thought provoking statement, Jeff

Comment is about haiku (blog)

Original item by Carol Falaki

Jeff Dawson

Wed 23rd Jul 2008 22:43

Hi Zuzanna, this is great and a tribute to a different breed of man and woman who risk their lives and must often wonder what for.

Interesting use of a prayer type finish, think it works well with what you wrote before though.

Great image, black and white men and a woman, who knows whats going through their minds? thanks Jeff ps thanks for your lovely comment on 'Darker Skies'

Comment is about TRIBUTE TO SOLDIERS (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Janet Ramsden

Wed 23rd Jul 2008 22:30

Machiavellianly. Such a heavenly word yet means nothing of the sort. (if you know what i mean.)
Reminds me of my niece who insisted she did not need stabilizers. She fell off!
Not only that, she refused to even look at the bike again for several weeks.
ps. Hope you bought her a hard hat!
love janet.xx

Comment is about Two wheels good (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Wed 23rd Jul 2008 22:13

I can think of something useful to do at home alone, but admittedly, it's better with two.
Parts of this one made me smile and yet there's a sadness too. Strange range of emotions Antonioni.
Love Janet.xx

Comment is about Two aspects of loneliness (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Wed 23rd Jul 2008 22:03

Wow!
Even without the picture, the images would have been profound.
Janet.x

Comment is about haiku (blog)

Original item by Carol Falaki

Janet Ramsden

Wed 23rd Jul 2008 21:58

Hi Zuzanna, i think this is a wonderful tribute to any soldier. Even without the prayer like verse at the end. Although this kind of sentiment i echo.
Well written too.
Love Janet.x

Comment is about TRIBUTE TO SOLDIERS (blog)

Original item by Zuzanna Musial

Janet Ramsden

Wed 23rd Jul 2008 21:53

Hey Sandre, did you know?
Spiritualism started with 2 sisters who heard rappings after a seance.
"Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me. Twice on the pipes, if the answer is no."
Ha ha. sorry, couldn't resist!

It's a great poem. It flows beautifully.
Love Janet.x

Comment is about Computer Seance (blog)

Original item by Sandre Clays

Janet Ramsden

Wed 23rd Jul 2008 21:46

The dust i can cope with, just about.
It's the bloody mites that get me, little blighters.

But apart from that, love this sonnet. I can't think of a better word than Sandres, "classy", so i'll just put "very" in front.

Comment is about A flatful of dust (blog)

Janet Ramsden

Wed 23rd Jul 2008 21:42

Good on you both for ignoring the negative lot.
I wish you well and have absolutely no idea why you split, but this positive approach and bravery in blogging it for all to see says you're determined to make it work.
Good luck. Janet.xx

Comment is about We Can Do Anything (blog)

Original item by Cayn White

DG

Wed 23rd Jul 2008 19:49

Thanks Sandre, the chickens one is just a tongue twister, written after seeing a guy go up and do a poem that was "trying to understand why people become terrorists", but that really wasn't trying to do anything of the kind. Not being a very nice person, I decided to satirise it - and when I performed it the following week, the same guy turned up and was in the audience. Luckily he didn't twig, and he even came up to me afterwards and said he enjoyed that particular poem (and I had to try not to let on).

Comment is about Sandre Clays (Poet profile)

Original item by Sandre Clays

◄ Prev 1 2 3 150 300 450 600 750 900 1050 1200 1350 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1489 1490 1491 Next ►