Joshua Van-Cook

Tue 19th May 2009 10:23

The point was that we all strive for both strength and peace in many areas but strength has been prescribed as a craze/ fad preferable to peace. This has happened everywhere. I was trying to convey that putting strength ahead of the prospect of peace will inevitably lead to further conflict and as trying to pursue peace is a perfectly valid option, it should be the primary focus of all governments, in lieu of strength.

Comment is about Strength and Peace (blog)

Original item by Joshua Van-Cook

Isobel

Tue 19th May 2009 08:43

Awww - thanks for your lovely comment. Yes - I think we have definitely bonded. Such a shame you live so far away.
Isobel x

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Francine Louis

Tue 19th May 2009 00:22

Such the philosopher you are!
Merci d'avoir lu mon poème...
Loved the bit about the bits ; )

Comment is about Winston Plowes (Poet profile)

Original item by Winston Plowes

Daniel Bresnahan

Mon 18th May 2009 22:26

'On my train journey' is a nice piece.
I liked the rhyme scheme you presented and also your vocab.

'To cascade through life with slight grace
And leap through years at our own pace'

Great lines.

Comment is about Sophie Hall (Poet profile)

Original item by Sophie Hall

Isobel

Mon 18th May 2009 22:19

Love your alternative way of looking at things. Very quirky style - I liked it - and so refreshing to read about love 'gone right'!

Comment is about Back Fat (blog)

Original item by Mia Darlone

Daniel Bresnahan

Mon 18th May 2009 21:45

Hi, I really liked your piece, 'Beauty and the Beastiality'. Sort but sweet and a nice delivery.

Comment is about Mia Darlone (Poet profile)

Original item by Mia Darlone

Christine Dawson

Mon 18th May 2009 21:39

No probs, m'dear! Just have to remember to say goodbye twice next time!
:-)
Cx

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Mia Darlone

Mon 18th May 2009 21:18

Glad you enjoyed Back Fat - thanks for the chip comment but not this one not autobiographical (unlike the beastiality material). I've just noticed your OCD poem - gutted - I'd already started penning the stuff about only having the volume control on even numbers and having to tap your left hand if you tap your right, but then you need to go right, then left, then right-left-left-right...etc... all of course comes with dire consequences if you don't.
There's no hope for me....

Comment is about Gus Jonsson (Poet profile)

Original item by Gus Jonsson

Mia Darlone

Mon 18th May 2009 20:54

Thanks for your comment - yes indeed love is blind - and in my case, deaf and dumb.... (or more like death and dumb).

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Mia Darlone

Mon 18th May 2009 20:50

Thanks for your lovely messages. I really enjoyed your set on Saturday at the Blue Boar, look forward to seeing more of your stuff in the future! x

Comment is about Sophie Hall (Poet profile)

Original item by Sophie Hall

Francine Louis

Mon 18th May 2009 20:18

Très marrant!
I've read this before ; )

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Julian Jordon

Francine Louis

Mon 18th May 2009 17:58

I feel the sadness and desperation of this...
Can totally relate to this:

'Turning my thoughts increasingly inward
Disconnected with the world
Not taking part
Becoming ever more an observer
Soon there’ll be nothing
Just my thoughts'

J'adore lire ce que tu écris : )

Comment is about slowly closing down (blog)

Francine Louis

Mon 18th May 2009 17:44

Well jeeez... you certainly do have a way with your words...
and some nerve!

Comment is about Fat Bird, Small Tits. (blog)

sebastianhaff@hotmail.co.uk

Mon 18th May 2009 16:31

I wanted to set my stall out early, in terms of being free in what I write about. Free from having to stick to form or what the idea of "good" poetry is. I'm pretty happy so far.

I'm hoping to just get people commenting the work. Any chance of you commenting directly on the "fat girl" poem. Would love your views on it.

I'll run my eye over your work... you seem really popular.

Comment is about Carol Falaki (Poet profile)

Original item by Carol Falaki

carol falaki

Mon 18th May 2009 15:29

Thanks Pete
mine's called Detective Daisy, Crazy Daisy or Dangerous Daisy, depends on her mood. What's yours called? (your cat - to clarify) He/she looks really cute. I like your poems too.

Comment is about (Poet profile)

sebastianhaff@hotmail.co.uk

Mon 18th May 2009 15:17

Thanks for your comments, Carol.
What do you really think of my stuff?

Comment is about Carol Falaki (Poet profile)

Original item by Carol Falaki

carol falaki

Mon 18th May 2009 14:44

Hi Sebstian
You've got to admire them though, fast clever little critters, and so cuddly...when they want to be.

Comment is about Cats (In the style of Karl Pilkington) (blog)

Daniel Hooks

Mon 18th May 2009 13:43

thanks shane I think this poem is semi autobiographical for me also we all need some dirt we can't be perfect!

Comment is about The artist and the poet needs dirt to paint humanity. (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Isobel

Mon 18th May 2009 13:31

Hilarious Sophie! Glad you managed to leave out the sad 40 year old divorced tosser sitting in the corner! LOL This so amused me - reminds me of many a tube journey made in London. Not sure the same applies in Wigan though - they've winkled you life history out of you and are sat on your knee before you get past two stops! Really liked it - very witty.

Comment is about On my train journey (blog)

Original item by Sophie Hall

Isobel

Mon 18th May 2009 13:10

After some reflection, I changed my final comment on 'I wish I was...' I think we maybe do meet halfway. I do like your poetry Gus - I think it brings out the man in me - is that cos I had a very strong mother and a weak father or is there a man in every woman just waiting to get out? I'll have to ponder that one.

Comment is about Gus Jonsson (Poet profile)

Original item by Gus Jonsson

sebastianhaff@hotmail.co.uk

Mon 18th May 2009 10:57

I've done things like you describe in this at all stages of my life, and I'm nearly 28 now.

I have to say, guilt appears to grow as I get older.

I liked it.

Comment is about an incident involving a felt tip pen (blog)

Shane alexander stanisauskis

Mon 18th May 2009 10:23

Daniel this poem is beautiful i can relate totaly....in a weird way it feels like it describes me! I really enjoyed it...and i LOve the title!

Comment is about The artist and the poet needs dirt to paint humanity. (blog)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Steve Smith

Mon 18th May 2009 09:22

Retrieval of the moment, rhythmn and rhyme, a fine poem.
SS

Comment is about The dust of life (blog)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Isobel

Mon 18th May 2009 06:29

Thanks for your comments Gus/Francine

Gus - you've got me thinking - is the pulsating blood filled organ that pumps its way through all of your poetry, actually a heart?

Francine - you've managed to home in on the few serious lines in the poem. The 3 little words women crave to hear are often no more than 'I am sorry'.

Comment is about I Wish I Was Gay (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Isobel

Mon 18th May 2009 06:22

A lovely poem Graham - the best moments in life picked out and immortalised.

Comment is about The dust of life (blog)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Isobel

Mon 18th May 2009 06:17

Wicked and entertaining - I like it too!

Comment is about an incident involving a felt tip pen (blog)

Isobel

Mon 18th May 2009 06:14

Love it love it - you sure wouldn't want to know what was in mine! But are we just talking bags here?

Comment is about I do like your bag, Lynda (blog)

Francine Louis

Mon 18th May 2009 05:10

You are quite the animated one...
this made me laugh... you know I needed to laugh : )

Comment is about I do like your bag, Lynda (blog)

Francine Louis

Mon 18th May 2009 04:21

This is so adorable!
I especially like the twist at the end:
'i had everything but guilt'

So capricious!

Comment is about an incident involving a felt tip pen (blog)

clarissa mckone

Mon 18th May 2009 02:10

NIce one. I wrote a paper years ago about this problem. My feeling is, that it will not change. I wish my government did not support Isreal, but they dont take orders from voters here, or any place. Until the people understand that banks run the world and all the wars, it will not change. There is a power grab for that last remaning soverign banks in the world, and they are where we are at war, in middle east contrys. The world banks and the IMF and the UN want control, they will stop at nothing. Control the money and flow of it, you control the people and the country, you subject them to interest rates on loans so that they can never pay it back, thus you have new slaves, and you own them. But some are so undereducated they never will get it. Then some put their faith in the governments no matter if fascist or socialist/democratic etc, and the governments dont work for the people,. Sure you will get a few things you want as a voter. but never the things that matter most! great write!!

Comment is about Protest Report (blog)

Original item by Alain English

Sophie

Mon 18th May 2009 00:46

Lol never have I been less worthy of a nickname - just did the most twattish open mic of my life. : D

But it is a pretty hot name, but I may have to marry into the 'Brilliant' family name rather than aquire it by my own means hohoho.

Yes of course 'sophisticatedly' is a word - my name is in it - so therefore...it is valid in literature as being pretty much the best word ever. (forever.) ha.

Tea..cider..boys. I want it all. Not necessarily in that order.

See you at Lat! Lets get muddy, buddy.

xx

Comment is about (Poet profile)

winston plowes

Mon 18th May 2009 00:41

Hi Emily
Liked this little story / poem. Post more. Win

Comment is about an incident involving a felt tip pen (blog)

sally jenkinson

Mon 18th May 2009 00:40

hello miss brilliant, hopes your are well. yes i should be at latitude, toot! we can meet for coffee and talk sophisticatedly (its a word) about litterattcher, or we can drink cider and talk about boys! you know, whatever xx

Comment is about Sophie Hall (Poet profile)

Original item by Sophie Hall

Sophie

Mon 18th May 2009 00:07

Heyy man, nice (Sort of) seeing you again : )

Don't think I had a great night - thought you were fab though dude. Nightynight! xx

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Gus Jonsson

Sun 17th May 2009 22:15

Comeon Izzo.. I;m almost there with you! you are mis reading me on purpose... I have lesbian tendencies...
Gus x

PS U R correct in losing the footnote.!!.. never excuse or explain a poem after the event. Your poem is powerful full of girl power love it.. very strong. Don't blame me for being a male... I was born in the nude never been right since.

Comment is about I Wish I Was Gay (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Isobel

Sun 17th May 2009 20:53

'Love is a minefield...Lust is good for you!' mmmm - a very masculine comment. Not sure if that doesn't sum up in a nut shell the tragedy of the male/female relationship. Very few females in my experience can divorce one from the other. A physical relationship with no outlet for emotion is the most frustrating of all...
In deference to your greater experience, I have lost the footnote - but am not sure if that was wise.
Isobel x

Comment is about I Wish I Was Gay (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Isobel

Sun 17th May 2009 20:04

Thanks for your comment Gus - I've lost the footnote - will blame you if I end up with a delegation!!!

Comment is about Gus Jonsson (Poet profile)

Original item by Gus Jonsson

Gus Jonsson

Sun 17th May 2009 19:37

Love the rant... I was the same when I was younger ...so be careful what you wish for...I was so confused at one point I didn't know which way to turn... got my self straightened out in the end...but only the end.

Lose the explanation footnote it spoils the picture that you have so carefully conjured.

Love is a minefield...Lust is good for you!

GusX

Comment is about I Wish I Was Gay (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Isobel

Sun 17th May 2009 19:31

It's up there now! Will I ever get over the nerves of posting a new piece? Before I post it I think it's ok, then I start to have hideous doubts...

Comment is about Sophie Hall (Poet profile)

Original item by Sophie Hall

Francine Louis

Sun 17th May 2009 18:36

Beautiful...

Comment is about our treasured friends (blog)

Francine Louis

Sun 17th May 2009 18:25

Funny... you express the most mundane experiences so well ; )

Qu'est-ce que c'est 'OAP' ?

Comment is about a disturbing stage (blog)

Daniel Hooks

Sun 17th May 2009 17:52

I found the first part beautiful! the second part was definately like every train journey I have been on it captured the journey in a poetic and funny way!

Comment is about Sophie Hall (Poet profile)

Original item by Sophie Hall

Sophie

Sun 17th May 2009 17:50

- And your superhero poem. Very much. xx

Comment is about Daniel Hooks (Poet profile)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Sophie

Sun 17th May 2009 17:49

Well spotted. Its hastily editted from another poem - it is trying to capture the intense frustration of a train journey along with the fact it can be quite lovely - if you let it. If it didnt come across I apologise but thanks for reading - I like your little alien friend. :) xx

Comment is about Daniel Hooks (Poet profile)

Original item by Daniel Hooks

Daniel Hooks

Sun 17th May 2009 17:49

powerful passion!

Comment is about The Parting (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Daniel Hooks

Sun 17th May 2009 17:49

a brilliant poem this is what disco nights should be LOL!!!!

Comment is about Disco Dancing (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Daniel Hooks

Sun 17th May 2009 17:46

I like this poem but it seems two parts, do you feel this too sophie?

Comment is about On my train journey (blog)

Original item by Sophie Hall

Nabila Suriya

Sun 17th May 2009 17:28

thanks for all the support you have given me and fellow students re events coverage and promotion on this site. Much valued

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Nabila Suriya

Sun 17th May 2009 17:26

thanks for your encouragement and glad you will be listening!

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Sophie

Sun 17th May 2009 17:25

Hey Paul, was lovely to meet you!

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 145 290 435 580 725 870 1015 1160 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1305 1439 1440 1441 Next -->