Janet

Thu 10th Sep 2009 11:00

Hi Nicky,
thanks for your comments on Kinsella and of course i would be absolutely delighted for you to use it in your project. Would it be possible for me to see the results?
I'm really chuffed! :-)
Janet.x

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (Poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Janet

Thu 10th Sep 2009 10:56

Thankyou Cate and Andy.x

Comment is about Unkind Gesture (Haiku's) (blog)

Janet

Thu 10th Sep 2009 10:52

Dave - i'm a woman so of course the devil is a man just as the devil is most likely a woman in your scenarios. Opposite side or darker side of our emotions. Somat like that anyway. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks.

Nicky - Wow to yourself! I'd be chuffed for you to want to use Kinsella in a project like that and want to see the results too if that's possible please. Yes of course you can. I'd be absolutely delighted. Thankyou.

Antonionioni - thankyou too for your supportive comments.

Comment is about Kinsella ( parts v and vi ) (blog)

John Darwin

Thu 10th Sep 2009 10:51

soooo good.

John

Comment is about Happy Dagger (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Cate Greenlees

Thu 10th Sep 2009 10:02

Hi Francine, many thanks for your thoughtful comments on my poem For Whom The Wheel Turns. I would agree with you that the concience has its own way of "pay back" but I would like to think that for those who have no conscience, there is a higher order, a sort of cosmic "equalising" which applies to all things. This was what the poem was about .
Cate xx

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Cate Greenlees

Thu 10th Sep 2009 09:53

Greetings Dave, many thanks for your comment on For Whom The Wheel Turns.... see you tonight at the Tudor if you manage to make it.
Cate xx

Comment is about Dave Bradley (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Cate Greenlees

Thu 10th Sep 2009 09:43

Oooooo... just popped in here to thank you for your lovely comments on my last effort for Whom The Wheel Turns, and saw this comment from Graham! The naughty man! And here was I girding my loins { metaphorically speaking that is} and going in gung ho to defend your amusing poem!!!!!Cate xx

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (Poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Cate Greenlees

Thu 10th Sep 2009 09:36

Hi Isobel, just catching up on my comments. Thanks for yours on For whom The Wheel Turns.
Cate xx

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Cate Greenlees

Thu 10th Sep 2009 09:32

Hi Yo , just catching up on my comments. Thanks for yours on For whom The Wheel Turns.
Cate xx

Comment is about Yolande (Poet profile)

Original item by Yolande

bucket

Thu 10th Sep 2009 09:21

thank you. Its bucket...just a nickname is all

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Bucket

steve garside

Thu 10th Sep 2009 09:05

Hi Cate thanks for taking the time to read and make comment on 3am

steve x

Comment is about Cate (Poet profile)

Original item by Cate

andy n

Thu 10th Sep 2009 08:23

the last line was unexpected for me.. but nice one, tone!

Comment is about Pointless 7 (blog)

andy n

Thu 10th Sep 2009 08:22

different to the other which i read first, but there is a punch behind these certo.. good stuff!

Comment is about Unkind Gesture (Haiku's) (blog)

andy n

Thu 10th Sep 2009 08:22

havent done haikus in ages... you are getting me back in the mood for them.. nice stuff!

Comment is about Thaw (Haiku) (blog)

andy n

Thu 10th Sep 2009 08:20

totally agree with bucket, it really has a lovely natural rhythm.. did expect this for some reason cant explain to go really dark at the end but nice stuff..

Comment is about Ideal (blog)

Original item by Lydia

andy n

Thu 10th Sep 2009 08:16

nice stuff, tone.. shame the last line ran over as it makes the beat a little longer and perhaps is a little out compared to lines 1 to 3

Comment is about Pointless 8 (blog)

nicky burrows

Thu 10th Sep 2009 02:47

Think the devil could possibly be a 'she' dave, then again, for those who question theology, so could 'God'. We constantly mention 'Mother Nature'. Interesting thought.

Comment is about Kinsella ( parts v and vi ) (blog)

nicky burrows

Thu 10th Sep 2009 02:41

wow! have just read this, having a relaxing mooch after finishing working, saved it so i can peruse it tomorrow (hope you don't mind). would like to use Kinsella in one of my teaching sessions. scheduled a project for them to put images and music to poetry to create a mini film, would be amazing to see what they come up with, the imagery is so vivid.x

don't think we have seen the last of Kinsella.

Comment is about Kinsella ( parts v and vi ) (blog)

nicky burrows

Thu 10th Sep 2009 01:32

this poem gives me the feeling of a loss of control and disjointedness that makes me quite uneasy. 'semi-detached' sums it up quite well, that line from my personal and subjective viewpoint is the crux of the piece for me.

Like it. Brutal and to the point, but perplex and open for question. A thought provoking one.

Comment is about brain hemorrhage (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Thu 10th Sep 2009 00:59

?

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (Poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Thu 10th Sep 2009 00:00

a very sever 'cut up' Steve

Comment is about mind chin (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Tony Walsh

Wed 9th Sep 2009 23:38

Great review, Dave. Thanks for your company. You need to get more practice at putting things up in the dark.

My guest blogging for Apples and Snakes on a website which spawned the My Place or Yours show continues at http://myplaceoryours.org.uk/ My own write up of the show will follow asap.

Meanwhile, I was well-chuffed with this review of my set at Big Chill in trendy indie mag The Fly

Hope to see you soon.

Comment is about Big Chill Festival (article)

Wed 9th Sep 2009 22:30

This is a nice piece of work Michael. Thoughtful and strong in a very delicate way. Not easy to achieve. I'm afraid that I am also at the doorstep of your journey.

Comment is about Beloved Stranger (blog)

Original item by michael shepherd

Isobel

Wed 9th Sep 2009 22:30

You cannot be serious Graham!!! Thankfully you're not or Cynthia might have thrown her tennis racket or mouse at you. Have just read your comments on Cynthia's profile - you are naughty but funny. Nice one Cynthia. x

Comment is about Three A.M. on an Old Computer (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Wed 9th Sep 2009 22:13

Cynthia, I'm afraid that I have to confess to having been a little mischievous with my comments about the 3am poem. I was trying to test your reaction to some less than positive feedback following your comments in the discussions section.
The whole problem with so many different styles of poetry is that it is certainly almost impossible to balance what is good and what is obviously poor. With the more modern stuff, I think it's more like the emperor's new clothes, like modern art, if you don't get it, it's your problem.
So well done for being honourable, and a big slap for me for being disingenuous.

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (Poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Steve Mellor

Wed 9th Sep 2009 21:49

Hi Dave
Amen to your thoughts.
Thanks for the comment though, and apologies again for the Haiku (if indeed that is what it was)
Steve M.

Comment is about Dave Bradley (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Steve Mellor

Wed 9th Sep 2009 21:00

Hi Cate
Thanks for the comment. I'm presuming chilling is ok?
This came to me after looking into a room used by Age Concern, where all the easy-clean chairs were set out around the wall. One other visitor couldn't bring themselves to go in to the room because of the memories it brought back, visiting her parents.
It just made me think
Steve M. :-))))

Comment is about Cate (Poet profile)

Original item by Cate

maipenrai

Wed 9th Sep 2009 20:59

Thanks Cate.
Bernie

Comment is about Don't (blog)

maipenrai

Wed 9th Sep 2009 20:57

Cheers Steve,
Bernie

Comment is about The Willows (blog)

Isobel

Wed 9th Sep 2009 20:30

Don't normally like short structured poetry but would agree that you capture 'fractured motherhood' very well. One I can identify with.

Comment is about Tainted Wings (blog)

Isobel

Wed 9th Sep 2009 20:25

An intriguing one. The question mark at the end just says it all. I wonder how many people lead such conflicted lives - very many I imagine.

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Bucket

Isobel

Wed 9th Sep 2009 20:21

Oh Michael - what a poignant one. I am sure that during her previous life you were a very beloved son.

Comment is about Beloved Stranger (blog)

Original item by michael shepherd

Isobel

Wed 9th Sep 2009 20:18

Like this one Stephen - you sense the history, feel the desire - imagine the joy of such a reunion - all done very subtly.

Comment is about Re-union (blog)

Original item by stephen smith

Wed 9th Sep 2009 19:52

Graham, what a terrific compliment you have given me. I truly appreciate it. I think hard-hitting criticism is high praise.
The poem about the Computer was pure nonsense, not intellectual at all, just plain silly - dancing around formal structure on one hand and using cartoon dialogue on the other.

Comment is about Graham Sherwood (Poet profile)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Cate Greenlees

Wed 9th Sep 2009 19:48

So did I. Very succinct!
Cate xx

Comment is about Don't (blog)

Cate Greenlees

Wed 9th Sep 2009 19:45

Ahhhhhhh...... but the wheels turning...... lol
Cate xx

Comment is about Pointless 7 (blog)

Cate Greenlees

Wed 9th Sep 2009 19:35

Im with Dave on that one! This is such a chilling piece of writing Steve. God forbid any of us end up in a place like this!
Cate xx

Comment is about Old Folks Home (blog)

Cate Greenlees

Wed 9th Sep 2009 19:26

Anyone who cant accept the hand of peace isnt worth bothering over Janet. Forget them and move on.
Caye xx

Comment is about Unkind Gesture (Haiku's) (blog)

Cate Greenlees

Wed 9th Sep 2009 19:23

How rude Graham. Surely not everything has to be deep and deeper? I for one chuckled for ages over this. I enjoyed it. I was amused by it. I enjoy going back to read it. So did others. So its not a grand eulogy, or a treatise. But it`s successful in its intentions.
Cate

Comment is about Three A.M. on an Old Computer (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Cate Greenlees

Wed 9th Sep 2009 19:17

Naughty tooth fairy. She wants smacking and sacking!!
Cate xx

Comment is about Tainted Wings (blog)

Baz

Wed 9th Sep 2009 18:53

Eyup Pete
Just looked at your photos.
I don't understand them.
That isn't a criticism - I have no artistic bent whatsoever.
It simply strikes me that you would be the bloke enjoying the turbulence on an aeroplane.
As do I.
Baz

Comment is about (Poet profile)

winston plowes

Wed 9th Sep 2009 18:02

Your poetry, Marianne is a runaway horse. Something captivating about it, something fractured and deranged. (All in the nicest possible way) Keep posting

Win x

Comment is about Lament (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Dave Bradley

Wed 9th Sep 2009 16:52

Very thought provoking, Steve. "Worn-out people in worn-out seats" is an especially good line.
Let's hope our care homes have got computers and broadband!

Comment is about Old Folks Home (blog)

Dave Bradley

Wed 9th Sep 2009 16:40

Hi Janet

I have enjoyed the tale very much - sorry to see it ending. One question - why is the devil always "he" ?

Comment is about Kinsella ( parts v and vi ) (blog)

spencer robertshaw

Wed 9th Sep 2009 16:22

Oh , I forgot, congrats on getting on to your Masters.

Comment is about Lydia (Poet profile)

Original item by Lydia

spencer robertshaw

Wed 9th Sep 2009 16:20

Good bouncy poems ,good subject matter and it looks like you have the hat trick= reading what Dominic Berry has written. Hope to share a stage with you sometime.
Hip Hip Toodle Pip
Spencer

Comment is about Lydia (Poet profile)

Original item by Lydia

Isobel

Wed 9th Sep 2009 14:33

A fascinating ending Janet - and nice to see Kinsella regain that inner calm. I would still like to see her grab a toasting fork and prod the devil up the hairy arse though - but who's to say there won't be a Kinsella parts 7 and 8 - I am sure Rocky managed it. We could perhaps rename it Rocky or Mission Impossible - if I were more of a film buff, I could come up with loads of possibilities.

Comment is about Kinsella ( parts v and vi ) (blog)

sam golden

Wed 9th Sep 2009 13:43

Comment is about Fruchtbeinesohn (Poet profile)

Original item by Fruchtbeinesohn

Georgina Knowles

Wed 9th Sep 2009 12:37

hiya Isobel, cheers for all your lovely comments on my poems, it's appreciated...i write to record my memories on feelings and it's good to dispense such feelings too/ theraputic?...plus i'm studying textiles, so writing has always been an interest of mine and another creative outlet. the WOLOP award sounds like a nice idea definintely xx

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

maipenrai

Wed 9th Sep 2009 12:35

Bucket, Lydia thank you both for your comments.

Lydia it is purely fiction, the Fathers voice but could easily be the Mothers.

Brought up RC Lydia, something always remains.
Bernie

Comment is about I Curse You. (fiction) (blog)

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 152 304 456 608 760 912 1064 1216 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1368 1509 1510 1511 Next -->