Janet

Sun 30th Aug 2009 14:10

Hi Dave,
thanks for your comment on Chloe's poems.
I really do appreciate it.
You're a star!

Janet.x

Comment is about Dave Bradley (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Janet

Sun 30th Aug 2009 14:06

Hi Val, thanks for your recent comments, and the one for Chloe's poems.
You're a star!

Janet.x

Comment is about Valerie Cook (Poet profile)

Original item by Valerie Cook

Joan

Sat 29th Aug 2009 23:44

I've never had a holiday affair - but I guess it might feel just as you describe. Coming down to earth after being on such a high would be a difficult balancing act, especially if loyalty has been compromised.

Comment is about After a Holiday Affair (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Dave Morgan

Sat 29th Aug 2009 22:14

Thanks for your kind comments Lenford . While my current mission is to contribute rubbish and trivia to this fine site, I do it as a perverse tribute to awesome writers like yourself. Where did you learn to write or does it just happen? As Mr Jellyhead, who died five years ago this month, and who we will be commemorating at the Man and Scythe in Bolton Sunday 13th September, often said the only rules Dave, are that there are no rules". I think that's the kind of statement that encourages lengthy and healthy discussion on Write out Loud. Look forward to reading more of your work and seeing it get recognised in a wider arena.

Dave

Comment is about Lenford White (Poet profile)

Original item by Lenford White

Dave Bradley

Sat 29th Aug 2009 17:20

I like this Cynthia. You've managed in just 14 lines to give an impression of someone having 14 thousand thoughts and feeling, which all feed into a state of agonised tension, remembrance and longing. I liked your previous one too - sorry I didn't comment. Thanks for yours on mine (not autobiographical)

Comment is about After a Holiday Affair (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

M Rene Riel

Sat 29th Aug 2009 17:02

Hello, and yes Louis Riel is an uncle relation, although I'm originally from upstate New York,no t the west. As far as the intro I really didn't know what to put.All I know is that I really enjoy writing poetry. And I certainly hope you folks don't mind. Thanks for the input!!

Comment is about Word for Word: Poet M Rene Riel (blog)

Original item by M Rene Riel

Sat 29th Aug 2009 16:53

Isobel, you are priceless. Love the style! and vocab!

Comment is about Poem for Alvin (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Sat 29th Aug 2009 16:42

That's quite an introduction of yourself, Rene. Any connection to the famous Louis Riel? Welcome aboard. We're a motley lot here, from all walks of life (I'm only presuming; it is the internet after all) and all locations. But, when you settle in a bit, and get to know the site generally, you will find we are a very supportive group. You do have to be flexible.

Comment is about Word for Word: Poet M Rene Riel (blog)

Original item by M Rene Riel

Val Cook

Sat 29th Aug 2009 14:23

Welcome Mike. Enjoyed reading your poem again.

Comment is about Internet Dating (blog)

David Franks

Sat 29th Aug 2009 11:47

Enjoyed reading your thoughts in trad metre-and-rhyme, Mike.

Comment is about That selfish lover (blog)

Francine Louis

Sat 29th Aug 2009 04:18

Absolutely beautiful Peter...

So much heartfelt emotion in these last lines:
'I made your name the last time
We finger traced it together
Like a running raindrop game
On a window
this pain of leaving

her voice distant
that laughter of motherhood
a melancholic memory
our childhood in the garden'

Comment is about Childhood in the garden (blog)

Francine Louis

Sat 29th Aug 2009 03:56

Funny that I should happen across this as I was leaving you a comment on your profile page. Today I was reading and reflecting on writings by Lao Tzu from the Tao Te Ching, and one in particular was about not looking to others for your fulfillment etc...

Your poem essentially has the same message with the added consequences of surrendering that power to another.

Very thought provoking...

Comment is about Do Not Lay the Burden (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Francine Louis

Sat 29th Aug 2009 03:42

Hello Cynthia,
I love that you asked those questions about my poem 'I Thought...'
Definitely both... more about the first, because I love them so... and a little of the second, because when you are let down, doubt creeps in.

Merci : )

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (Poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Beulah

Fri 28th Aug 2009 18:44

Thanks for the encouraging comments, maipenrai and Janet; and to that end I have one more before I take a break from posting and just read more. It is a long one as befits the last for a while.

Comment is about Hope Square (blog)

Original item by Beulah

Beulah

Fri 28th Aug 2009 18:10

very light of what could be treated dark. therefore very real. glad you didn't go for 'poignant' or wistful as some would have done.
to steve black & you..the three line before those three are priceless. so that makes 6 lines that hit the mark. Did I say 6? How about:"as you cast me out beyond hope"!!!

Comment is about circuits (blog)

maipenrai

Fri 28th Aug 2009 17:50

Good write, but slavery goes onto today and very little is written about it, it is ignored by most, think, Niger, Mauritania, Chad, Sudan, and thats just the start, think India, Uzbekistan.
Forgotten , think slavery in the Gulf States, KSA, whoaaaaaaa cant talk about that folks.
Bernie

Comment is about 200 years on (blog)

Original item by Lenford White

maipenrai

Fri 28th Aug 2009 16:53

Thanks Janet.
Bernie

Comment is about For I Have Sinned. (blog)

Isobel

Fri 28th Aug 2009 15:58

Sweetness, I love his dress
I really love the things that he sez
Tra la la la la la la la la
I really love my Cooca.Choo

Comment is about Poem for Alvin (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Darren Thomas

Fri 28th Aug 2009 13:07

Cate - thank you for your recent comment. Unfortunately, my camping days have only just begun.

D

Comment is about Cate (Poet profile)

Original item by Cate

Darren Thomas

Fri 28th Aug 2009 12:54

Thanks for your comments, Dave.
You had it easy! If my memory serves me well, Saturday was by far the best day with the region's weather. Still, I've earned my camping stripes and, rather surprisingly, it hasn't put me off doing it all again. Without the kids.
Thanks again.

Comment is about Dave Bradley (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Cate Greenlees

Fri 28th Aug 2009 12:29

But does he sing and wear one black glove, thats what I want to know??
Cate xx

Comment is about Poem for Alvin (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Fri 28th Aug 2009 11:21

Not cynical, Isobel. Just a different kind of fun. More like fencing is not death-inducing - it's a sport. Make a point''; expect/hope to get one back.

Comment is about Read more and leave comments (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Lenford White

Fri 28th Aug 2009 10:33

Hi Dave, love your poems, especially the one about Mr Jellyhead, clearly a much missed man. In answer to your question some months ago. We are all very good at getting things very wrong - probably becuase we are mere mortals. Just just thought that Una, being a god and all, just might be able to help us.

Regards

Comment is about Big Chill August 2009 (blog)

Original item by Dave Morgan

David Franks

Fri 28th Aug 2009 09:45

Just enjoyed some of your verses, Katy (I think?); also, for what it's worth, I simply found a way to sing some of my verses (Chants from Walkabouts), then mimicked my voice with recorder and keyboards, and wrote down the tunes.
Regards, David

Comment is about KtD (Poet profile)

Original item by KtD

Isobel

Fri 28th Aug 2009 08:53

I wish I'd had an Auntie Janet. Well done Chloe - poetry is wonderful way to express yourself. It is a game that can be played anywhere, any time and will take you through ups and downs of life. Enjoy. x

Comment is about 3 poems by Chloe Ramsden (Janet's niece) (blog)

Val Cook

Fri 28th Aug 2009 08:15

By example do we lead Janet. Very good Chloe you have made your first leap into poetry so keep on writing. You show great promise.

Comment is about 3 poems by Chloe Ramsden (Janet's niece) (blog)

Dave Bradley

Fri 28th Aug 2009 08:07

Hi Chloe

I enjoyed reading these, especially 'Auntie Janet'. I hope you keep writing. You can learn from other people, but the main thing is to enjoy it and keep doing it. If you read your poems again after a few months, you'll probably feel how you want to improve. And it's how you feel that's important. Hope to 'see' you again on WOL

Comment is about 3 poems by Chloe Ramsden (Janet's niece) (blog)

Marianne Louise Daniels

Fri 28th Aug 2009 01:14

i love this. very medative (is that a word?) last stanza is brilliant. well done.

Comment is about Familiar Environment? (blog)

Original item by Lenford White

Melissa R. Mendelson

Fri 28th Aug 2009 00:58

Thank you, everyone for your comments on this poem.

And I love William Blake's work.

Comment is about Black Birds (blog)

Cathy

Thu 27th Aug 2009 23:39

re Harbour
ahh so do I hope he did/does catch a whale,
lovely poem x

Comment is about Melanie (Poet profile)

Original item by Melanie

Janet

Thu 27th Aug 2009 23:26

You know what Beulah? I don't think this needed an explanation as to it's whereabouts.
The imagery for this could be in any major town or city, it is so very familiar everywhere.
I agree it's a good write.

Janet.x

Comment is about Hope Square (blog)

Original item by Beulah

Janet

Thu 27th Aug 2009 23:18

Interesting one this. I studied Joan of Arc for GCSE along with ''To Kill a Mocking Bird.''
Not a dissimilar theme when you think about it in a literal sense.

Janet.x

Comment is about For I Have Sinned. (blog)

Dave Bradley

Thu 27th Aug 2009 22:27

Hi Melissa

I've only just found this by following the trail from the fascinating William Blake discussion. It's hard to keep track of everything. I do like it.

Comment is about Black Birds (blog)

Lenford White

Thu 27th Aug 2009 22:10

Hi Steve, great poem - I know exactly what you mean, which is always a plus in my book. Similarly could understand Langston Hughes, Wonderful poems. As it happens I had heard of langston, but not read anything by him. As it happens I am a Jazz person and like to capture this is some of my poems.

I thought that your But, Butt, Butt poem was interesting. Look on my blog. I wrote a poem about a big woman, on a train. Though from a very different perspective to you, I think. It's called Nintendo DS - Light.

Oh, see full version of My Hands Were Made Strong

Comment is about Touch Love (blog)

Dave Bradley

Thu 27th Aug 2009 22:02

I feel like an intruder here - perhaps the rest of us should let the two of you get on with it - but I did want to say how much I enjoyed the poem. What a cracking idea, well executed.

Comment is about A poem for Isobel (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Isobel

Thu 27th Aug 2009 21:48

Funny, very funny and you know how my mind works. I did go back to the beginning half way through the poem - possibly because I was incredulous - what a shock to see this when I went into Poets Blogs. I do like the poem and the gift. Red is my favourite colour and I love Scarlet Ribbons. I am a total sucker/succour for a man who writes me poetry. You seem like a very very nice man - are you married? (Don't worry - that's just my Dick Emery impersonation - doesn't quite come across on page). I shall reply in kind. x

Comment is about A poem for Isobel (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Isobel

Thu 27th Aug 2009 21:43

You are too cynical Cynthia! This is just fun.

Comment is about Read more and leave comments (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Lenford White

Thu 27th Aug 2009 21:40

Thanks Janet, South Africa was very interesting. What do you think of my latest two?
Lenford x

Comment is about Broken - The Transformers (blog)

Original item by Lenford White

Paul Broadhurst

Thu 27th Aug 2009 19:20

Hi Dominic

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement, I 'm hoping to do a few more open mic nights this year but at present a bit restricted with hospital appointments due to my ticker.
Really enjoyed the 'Inside Out poetry night'
All the best to you and yours

Paul+Mary Broadhurst

Comment is about Dominic Berry (Poet profile)

Original item by Dominic Berry

Christine Dawson

Thu 27th Aug 2009 16:54

Hi Dave
Thanks for reading anc commenting on 'Important' - glad you liked it.
No _ I suppose the questions don't come much bigger than why are we here? and does anything matter? but I think I'm coming at them from a different point-of-view to yours. I don't have any religious or spiritual faith or convictions - I don't believe there is any kind of afterlife where we'll receive a reward for being virtuous - I believe this is it! and precisely because this is it ... is why our actions matter. But as you point out - equally - perhaps not. I know which way I prefer to try and conduct myself - but, in the end, I don't think the world notices much!

I, too, loved the Bill Bryson Short History. And although I don't have your spiritual beliefs ..... I do always wonder ......!
:-)
Cx

Comment is about Dave Bradley (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Bradley

maipenrai

Thu 27th Aug 2009 16:42

A good write which I am sure many will identify with.
Bernie

Comment is about Hope Square (blog)

Original item by Beulah

Christine Dawson

Thu 27th Aug 2009 16:39

Thank-you for reading and commenting on 'Important'
Cx

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Beulah

Thu 27th Aug 2009 13:57

Hope Square is a 'rectangle' just outside McDonalds on Bishopsgate London, near Liverpool St. Station

Comment is about Hope Square (blog)

Original item by Beulah

maipenrai

Thu 27th Aug 2009 13:04

very good.
Bernie

Comment is about Park (blog)

Original item by Mike Anthony

maipenrai

Thu 27th Aug 2009 13:03

a good hard write.
Bernie

Comment is about Drunken Cunts (blog)

Original item by Mike Anthony

Emily Josephine McPhillips

Thu 27th Aug 2009 12:33

your kind words of encouragement are really uplifting. thank you so much. x

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (Poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Rachel Pantechnicon

Thu 27th Aug 2009 11:21

Mr John Hegley is the living proof that there's a thin line between a good rhyme and a bad one. Much of it, I suspect, is in the rendition.

I will let you know next time I am up your way - have read at Manchester, Bolton, Wigan & Preston in the past, and always enjoy it up there. I never know which outfit to wear until I see the venue - it's so important for clothing and atmosphere to coincide. So I am seldom able to travel light.

Anyway, speak soon

Rachel P

Comment is about Sophie Hall (Poet profile)

Original item by Sophie Hall

chris stevenson

Thu 27th Aug 2009 10:44

...hello Cynthia...thank you for the comment...in sixty years I've never heard anyone pointing out that 'religion' and 'time' are man-made ideas, and the Earth and universe will carry on perfectly well when man has gone...I just thought it needed saying.....chris.

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (Poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Thu 27th Aug 2009 10:19

Ages-old seduction technique. Question being: to what?
Certainly guarantees X number of comments.

Comment is about Read more and leave comments (blog)

Original item by Alvin Guinessberg

Steve Mellor

Thu 27th Aug 2009 09:51

Hi Cate
Thanks for commenting.
First of all I couldn't beat your Blog photograph (I'm not sure I phrased that correctly)
Secondly, if I'd put a photo of my bum on the Blog, it may have started a riot
Thirdly, if I'd put a photo of the sort of bum I saw on the bus, I'd have probably got crucified.
Us men just can't win
Steve :-))))

Comment is about Cate (Poet profile)

Original item by Cate

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 151 302 453 604 755 906 1057 1208 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1359 1501 1502 1503 Next -->