Mia Darlone

Wed 28th Oct 2009 23:21

Thank you for your praise of my ode to the king of all dairy products, I love performing this one. (John I'll get round to transferring photos and sending - sorry for delay I'm manic prior to holiday - bring on the Fijian tree house!)

Comment is about CHEESE (blog)

Original item by Mia Darlone

Armando Halpern

Wed 28th Oct 2009 21:42

Thanks for your comments on Sense of Silence. Your comment is a constructive comment that denotes careful and attentive reading, but, even so, I don't agree.It made me read it again and think, but, to me, that line has a place and iis a fundamental part of the whole.

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (Poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Deborah R Jordan

Wed 28th Oct 2009 21:28

thank you Armando. I think you more than suceed in breathing this language. I wish I could breathe your language as succesfully. debzx

Comment is about Armando Halpern (Poet profile)

Original item by Armando Halpern

Deborah R Jordan

Wed 28th Oct 2009 21:24

Hi Nicky, i wonder how come I have missed you and your work so far? I'm in a world of my own and half asleep as usual.. probably.. thank you for your kind comments on Dancing, it does indeed have multifacted meanings, but actually i only meant, dancing, when i wrote it. I stopped when i was 10 cos someone told me if you ride ponies and go dancing, you end up bandy-legged. so that time, the ponies won. Wow, you have an interesting life, I want to ask you lots about your work and more. I was feeling down but reading your page has lifted me up again, thank you : ) deb xx

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (Poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Armando Halpern

Wed 28th Oct 2009 21:14

Thanks for your comments on "Falling".
Like you, I tend not to comment poems, but I enjoy the near zen simplicity of your poem.

Comment is about Ta dOuleur (blog)

Wed 28th Oct 2009 20:44

[from September 28th 2009] ''Anthony: You have re-claimed from my universe a hundred million brain cells from oblivion.'' incase you failed to notice.
ta
Tommy

Comment is about Anthony Emmerson (Poet profile)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

Dave Bradley

Wed 28th Oct 2009 20:29

Powerful because of its simplicity

Comment is about Don't Forget Me (blog)

Original item by BRASS

Dave Bradley

Wed 28th Oct 2009 20:27

Really enjoyed this - very funny, and nice effective balanced use of words with some cracking phrases in there

I'm a dupiaza man myself (-;

Comment is about Korma girl (blog)

Original item by Andrea

Daniel Bresnahan

Wed 28th Oct 2009 20:24

Thanks for the kind words...
Glad you enjoyed my writing.

Daniel.

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (Poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

michael shepherd

Wed 28th Oct 2009 20:22

Dave, everyone laughed Rumsfeld out of court when he said that about intelligence gathering etc. Then I thought, there's a lot to that, it's worthy of Smiley himself..and then I thought of Wordsworth and 'a birth and a forgetting'...

Comment is about Donald Rumsfeld in Wordsworth Country (blog)

Original item by michael shepherd

Dave Bradley

Wed 28th Oct 2009 20:10

A funny one, Michael. How did you think of it? Or perhaps you've forgotten.....

Comment is about Donald Rumsfeld in Wordsworth Country (blog)

Original item by michael shepherd

Isobel

Wed 28th Oct 2009 19:55

Would like to come again Steve. I find that journey quite scary on my own though and my sisters don't like Mondays... Perhaps Janet would join me. Will discuss it with her.

Comment is about Steve Regan (Poet profile)

Original item by Steve Regan

John Aikman

Wed 28th Oct 2009 19:19

As a 'humanist' and committed atheist myself, I have always found it a struggle to 'respect' the ludicrous belief systems of any religion...I like a bit of Buddhism...like the best of 'em...but 'reincarnation'? I don't think so...this admirably sends up the pious obliquity of the religious...without denigrating the obvious sensibility of humanist atheism. I applaud you!

: )

Jx

PS, To you 'person's of faith' out there....gaaargh! But I respect your right to be misguided.

Comment is about British ? (blog)

maipenrai

Wed 28th Oct 2009 18:32

Steve, Spencer, Cynthia thank you all for your comments.
Bernie

Comment is about British ? (blog)

nicky burrows

Wed 28th Oct 2009 17:58

Hi Chris, I must agree with Isobel that is a very nice bottom, wish that mine was still like that!

I really do think that 'Your Label' is good, not just good but interesting which is even better than good.

You've been around on here longer than me -
How do you find the site?x

Comment is about Christopher Dawson (Poet profile)

Original item by Christopher Dawson

nicky burrows

Wed 28th Oct 2009 17:50

Wonderfully said Christopher, but ( niggling question ) do you want a small select group of readers, who can extricate the multiple messages, or would you like to appeal to a larger group of readers? Many would feel overwhelmed at having to dissect a poem to find out what it means - a common gripe sometimes on here. I suppose it again boils down to the subjectivity of the reader, and the readership that you want. If it was me ( and you are not me which is part of the beauty of individuality and ability to express, and the sheer diversity of the medium of the poetic form of expression ), I maybe would have developed one message whilst hinting at another, and then develop it into a series of poems.

You can delete this comment by the way if you like - and continue discussion through profile, - again if you like.

None of this is to detract from the fact that I think it's a good poem by the way, and everyone has a certain agenda within their writing that they want to convey at different points in time.

Nicky x

Comment is about Your label (blog)

Original item by Christopher Dawson

Christopher Dawson

Wed 28th Oct 2009 17:28

If I had done that then they would have merely pandered and not provoked, however the essence is in the confliction, the point being the issue is, if you'll forgive me, not as black and white as most would have it be.

Comment is about Your label (blog)

Original item by Christopher Dawson

Isobel

Wed 28th Oct 2009 17:25

Thank you muchly David - would rather be responsible for that than a new Ice Age....
Isobel x

Comment is about David Franks: Walkabouts Verse (Poet profile)

Original item by David Franks: Walkabouts Verse

Steve Regan

Wed 28th Oct 2009 16:33

I think a need for God is written into the DNA of every human. Many people in the modern age, deny this, of course, as they strive to be gods themselves.

There is nothing new under the sun.

Nice to see the Methodists get a mention in your poem. They were founded by an heroic, romantic man who literally got on his horse and took hope to the confused, the poor and the marginalised of our country.

Comment is about British ? (blog)

nicky burrows

Wed 28th Oct 2009 16:30

Hey, if I can organise some transportation, will be there, a week on Monday? Already sweettalked my better half to taxi me to Wigan, sounds like a good night.
Nicky x

Comment is about Steve Regan (Poet profile)

Original item by Steve Regan

Steve Regan

Wed 28th Oct 2009 16:16

TOMMY, ta for your Roman alusions left as a comment on my poem about the Bra. As a toper myself, I chertainly appreshiate them.

Tommy I seem to remember that you live in Liverpool. I'd like you to come over over to the next Bards in New Brighton and perform. We meet at the Magazine pub on the second Monday of every month from 8pm to 11 pm. It's a pretty lively night. Cheers.

Comment is about Tommy Carroll (Poet profile)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Steve Regan

Wed 28th Oct 2009 16:12

ISOBEL, I wish I'd scooped up the bra and taken it back home to New Brighton with me. Then I'd be able to produce it for performance purposes, smears and all. When are you coming back to perform at the BARDS, me dear?

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Steve Regan

Wed 28th Oct 2009 16:07

NICKY, as a Wiganer, I can quite believe Bolton is littered with discarded nether-garments! Ta for your comments on my brassiere poem. Come to the BARDS and perform your stuff.

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (Poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Mary Braithwaite

Wed 28th Oct 2009 15:20

Thanks for comment about my poem.V. interesting.Not sure what you mean about equation of emptiness although it was written at a time when I was experiencing joy and woe in my life. But I can't see that in my poem.

Comment is about The Taleban are skittin' me Nan (blog)

Original item by stephen smith

nicky burrows

Wed 28th Oct 2009 15:00

Neil, you are really a romantic at heart aren't you?
What happened to the languish and anguage?!:-)))))x

You need to put music to this and develop it into a song, very bluesy feel to it.x

Comment is about Cry Me A River (blog)

Original item by Neil West

nicky burrows

Wed 28th Oct 2009 14:38

Hey, Steve, thanks for the great comment on 'Siren', really appreciated. Had a bit of a panic when I blogged it and toned it down a little, save the rest for a colourful performance. lol x

Getting a bit of a regular here on your profile. thanks again, nicky.x

Comment is about stephen smith (Poet profile)

Original item by stephen smith

Michèle Vassal

Wed 28th Oct 2009 14:37

Thank you for you kind comment, it's nice discovering fellow poets.

Comment is about Graham Sherwood (Poet profile)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

nicky burrows

Wed 28th Oct 2009 14:34

Thanks everyone so much for the great comments. Feel quite overwhelmed......really glad you all enjoyed it. ( Have you cooled down yet guys, I've been told there were a few cold baths and heads in the fridge yesterday!!) lol.......wonder if 'Siren' can have another outing at some point?..........haha.....get the ice buckets at the ready, she may pounce on a performance night!:-))))

Seriously, great encouragement, didn't know how a female would be received writing about mindblowing orgasms and using the word 'pricktease' etc. Thanks guys and gals for reading and commenting.

Nicky.......(or minx, to Gus) xx

Comment is about 'Siren' (blog)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

nicky burrows

Wed 28th Oct 2009 14:18

Hi Steve, I have read this several times this morning and the picture it paints is very vivid and powerful, even though I'm not sure what it is about - on one reading I think I do and then I change my mind. I'm curious - what was your original title?

Great piece, nicky x

Comment is about incoming (blog)

Original item by garside

nicky burrows

Wed 28th Oct 2009 14:10

Very difficult Christopher to get multiple messages across in a poem, mainly down to the fact that the reader will probably tune in to the one that they associate with most, or the one that is foremost in their mind at that present time. Which is good in that it may appeal to a wider range of readers. However, if you think logically about it, you could have developed each message into another poem. What do you think? I'm no expert. Just an idea.

Enjoyed it.x

Comment is about Your label (blog)

Original item by Christopher Dawson

Neil West

Wed 28th Oct 2009 13:56

Welcome, fascinating to learn more about you. I might be wrong but I think it is unusal to have a collective profile, it's a really interesting idea. More than anything I was struck by how positive and hopeful all the poems here are in spite of your experiences.

Comment is about BRASS (Poet profile)

Original item by BRASS

Neil West

Wed 28th Oct 2009 13:51

Hi Angel, thank you for your comment. It's one of those things that came quite quickly, wanted to write something a bit more cheerful (I think it's a bit more cheerful?). I can see from some of your work the same sense of pace and rhythm though I enjoyed Alan the most. I can feel the anger, it's very raw and affecting. A fitting tribute to him and so sad that there are many many more just like him out there.

Comment is about Andrea (Poet profile)

Original item by Andrea

Deborah R Jordan

Wed 28th Oct 2009 13:46

"loneliness is falling backwards
through the darkness of a void"
i lack skills to make constuctive comments but i know that i want to keep this poem and your words linger in my mind and flow together beautifully like the meeting of the waters.deb

Comment is about Falling (blog)

Original item by Armando Halpern

David Franks

Wed 28th Oct 2009 13:23

My only worry is, Isobel, they could well be adding to global warming - from under-the-collar!

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Wed 28th Oct 2009 13:02

I think Stephen knows what he's writing about here: Not racism but ironical working class sufference.

Comment is about The Taleban are skittin' me Nan (blog)

Original item by stephen smith

Isobel

Wed 28th Oct 2009 12:56

Yes - I see. Hope you are enjoying the half term - though you don't have little ones. The weather has been so changeable - sunny one minute, grey and overcast the next - hard to keep them happy. Look forward to seeing you around. xx

Comment is about Gus Jonsson (Poet profile)

Original item by Gus Jonsson

Steve Smith

Wed 28th Oct 2009 12:27

An equation poem.Images of warmth over emptiness equals..? poignant.
Steve Smith

Comment is about THE COLD POOL (blog)

Steve Smith

Wed 28th Oct 2009 12:22

well crafted, rolls like a wheel.,spins like a coin and comes up 'tails' when you call 'heads'.
Steve Smith

Comment is about 'Siren' (blog)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Steve Smith

Wed 28th Oct 2009 12:12

I like this a lot.
Steve Smith

Comment is about Rudagi's Wine Song (blog)

Original item by michael shepherd

Gus Jonsson

Wed 28th Oct 2009 11:55

Many thanks re Shirley's Bedroom... enjoyed seeing and hearing last night at Sale.... Keep in touch re The Alex Humphrey night.

Many Thanks
Gus

Comment is about Andy N (Poet profile)

Original item by Andy N

BRASS

Wed 28th Oct 2009 11:54

Hi,Kinda Thank you so much for your poem.i'm very happy i'm proud of you
.-Ifrah-

Comment is about Peace! In A World Full of Tears. (blog)

Original item by BRASS

BRASS

Wed 28th Oct 2009 11:54

Hi everybody we are very enjoyed the poetry night. We appreciate the kind welcome we will never forget that .We hope to enjoy seeing you again.thank from brass poetry.

Comment is about Val Cook at the Howcroft, Bolton October 2009 (photo)

Gus Jonsson

Wed 28th Oct 2009 11:52

incongruous?... Well Shirley is Australian... and it sort of sounds right because of the closeness of truth... but was it her only name??...just read the Auntie Norma item between the lines ...clue.?

Thank you so much for reading.as always
Gusxx

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

BRASS

Wed 28th Oct 2009 11:51

Hi,Kinda Thank you for your poem.
really really i'm amezing.
-Habib-

Comment is about Peace! In A World Full of Tears. (blog)

Original item by BRASS

BRASS

Wed 28th Oct 2009 11:49

Hi,Kinda Thank you for your poem.
Lovely.....
-Che-

Comment is about Peace! In A World Full of Tears. (blog)

Original item by BRASS

Gus Jonsson

Wed 28th Oct 2009 11:48

Thank you Nicky ... Not quite a siren but yes I believe she had an agenda... but hey ho!...whataway2go!

Gus xx

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (Poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Isobel

Wed 28th Oct 2009 11:41

No need to apologise John. I seem to remember you saying that red shoes frightened you... Other rhyming words spring to my mind - pity, great great pity...

Comment is about John Darwin (Poet profile)

Original item by John Darwin

John Darwin

Wed 28th Oct 2009 11:20

something else rhymes with pretty.

I am now ashamed :-O

sorry

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Isobel

Wed 28th Oct 2009 11:12

Stop press - I must confess
I never thought my shoes were less
Important than a climate treaty
So pretty are my little feety...

Comment is about David Franks: Walkabouts Verse (Poet profile)

Original item by David Franks: Walkabouts Verse

David Franks

Wed 28th Oct 2009 10:44

What news -
New shoes!

;-)>

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

◄ Prev 1 2 3 154 308 462 616 770 924 1078 1232 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1386 1536 1537 1538 Next ►