maipenrai

Thu 10th Sep 2009 15:58

last line=terrific
Bernie

Comment is about Pointless 8 (blog)

Richard Tyrone Jones

Thu 10th Sep 2009 15:58

Hey thanks for all the kind comments, both about the poem and my eyebrows. I do ooze a certain something, but only in appropriate circumstances. I'd also like to say that if you like this, you'll probably like my book Germline (available from me, or Amazon), and that I'd love to do more gigs up North. Last one was Leeds and I had a great time but I'd love to hit Manchester, or anywhere else really. If anyone's interested do get in touch! All the best, RTJ

Comment is about Critical Switch (article)

nicky burrows

Thu 10th Sep 2009 15:54

Thanks janet, I will keep you posted. you'll be side by side with Blake, Wilfred Owen, Yeats and Coleridge on this one!

Comment is about Kinsella ( parts v and vi ) (blog)

maipenrai

Thu 10th Sep 2009 15:52

yes, i agree with janet, sometimes I miss things then find them later, much like my life.
another good un.
Bernie

Comment is about Happy Dagger (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

bucket

Thu 10th Sep 2009 15:51

thanks. I thought i'd give rhyme ago as lots of people write in rhyme and don't usually do it right through a poem

Comment is about Cyril (blog)

Original item by Bucket

maipenrai

Thu 10th Sep 2009 15:45

liked this, a good un

Comment is about Cyril (blog)

Original item by Bucket

maipenrai

Thu 10th Sep 2009 15:43

no go at the employers then Lydia.
Bernie

Comment is about First Above All Else (blog)

Original item by Lydia

frustratedpoet

Thu 10th Sep 2009 14:38

I was just going to leave a grumpy blog about the First Manchester Bus strike taking place in Bolton, Wigan and Bury, but then this came to mind...

Comment is about First Above All Else (blog)

Original item by Lydia

Thu 10th Sep 2009 13:36

I have no idea who wrote this or how with no name but i enjoyed reading this poem and it has left me feeling a little gob-smacked by the emotion it evoked. I need a rest now, it's kind of knocked me side-ways. phew!

Janet.x

Comment is about Final Moments (blog)

Thu 10th Sep 2009 13:31

Very true words spoken in this poem.
I particularly enjoyed the light-heartedness of doing chairobics, it made me smile even though you don't want to be there.
By the way, you don't need to take over the dead persons chair to upset someone in a social club or a bingo hall for that matter. You can do it just for a laugh to see the regulars faces.

I enjoyed your poem.
Janet.x

Comment is about Old Folks Home (blog)

Steve Smith

Thu 10th Sep 2009 13:28

Thanks for the comment Isobel. I appreciate it.
Steve Smith

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Thu 10th Sep 2009 13:24

Superb! I love the sentiments behing this and it's so savage and quite raw emotions. I think i lost the subtlety that Isobel speaks of somewhere in the excitement of the re-union. :-)

Janet.x

Comment is about Re-union (blog)

Original item by stephen smith

Thu 10th Sep 2009 13:16

A heart breaking story and one which i know many people can identify with. Written so well.
Fortunately i don't have this problem in work or a home situation but my prayers always go out to the carers and suffering.

Janet.x

Comment is about Beloved Stranger (blog)

Original item by michael shepherd

Thu 10th Sep 2009 13:13

Antonionioni wears anything but rose tinted specs whatever he writes.
I'm beginning to get hooked on this series.

Janet.x

Comment is about Pointless 8 (blog)

Thu 10th Sep 2009 12:57

Interesting images and a quite disturbing story to read between the lines if i got the message right. Please don't enlighten me, it might spoil it.

Janet.x

Comment is about Quick Love (blog)

Original item by Bucket

Thu 10th Sep 2009 12:54

Marianne, there's so much packed into all of your poetry i find it so difficult to comment on.
Each time i read them i 'see' something else within the pieces.

Janet.x

Comment is about Happy Dagger (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Thu 10th Sep 2009 12:50

I like this one Dave, i think we all know a Stan in life. A good analogy to cut glass, or beach glass in this case. :-)

Janet.x

Comment is about Why beach glass reminds me of Stan (blog)

Original item by Dave Bradley

maipenrai

Thu 10th Sep 2009 12:48

Cheers Janet.
Bernie

Comment is about Graffiti (blog)

Thu 10th Sep 2009 12:47

Nice one. Neat!

Janet.x

Comment is about Graffiti (blog)

maipenrai

Thu 10th Sep 2009 12:32

Your welcome Cate.
Bernie

Comment is about Cate (Poet profile)

Original item by Cate

maipenrai

Thu 10th Sep 2009 12:11

A very good story, well written and flows well.
Bernie

Comment is about Why beach glass reminds me of Stan (blog)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Thu 10th Sep 2009 11:00

Hi Nicky,
thanks for your comments on Kinsella and of course i would be absolutely delighted for you to use it in your project. Would it be possible for me to see the results?
I'm really chuffed! :-)
Janet.x

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (Poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Thu 10th Sep 2009 10:56

Thankyou Cate and Andy.x

Comment is about Unkind Gesture (Haiku's) (blog)

Thu 10th Sep 2009 10:52

Dave - i'm a woman so of course the devil is a man just as the devil is most likely a woman in your scenarios. Opposite side or darker side of our emotions. Somat like that anyway. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks.

Nicky - Wow to yourself! I'd be chuffed for you to want to use Kinsella in a project like that and want to see the results too if that's possible please. Yes of course you can. I'd be absolutely delighted. Thankyou.

Antonionioni - thankyou too for your supportive comments.

Comment is about Kinsella ( parts v and vi ) (blog)

John Darwin

Thu 10th Sep 2009 10:51

soooo good.

John

Comment is about Happy Dagger (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Cate Greenlees

Thu 10th Sep 2009 10:02

Hi Francine, many thanks for your thoughtful comments on my poem For Whom The Wheel Turns. I would agree with you that the concience has its own way of "pay back" but I would like to think that for those who have no conscience, there is a higher order, a sort of cosmic "equalising" which applies to all things. This was what the poem was about .
Cate xx

Comment is about (Poet profile)

Cate Greenlees

Thu 10th Sep 2009 09:53

Greetings Dave, many thanks for your comment on For Whom The Wheel Turns.... see you tonight at the Tudor if you manage to make it.
Cate xx

Comment is about Dave Bradley (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Cate Greenlees

Thu 10th Sep 2009 09:43

Oooooo... just popped in here to thank you for your lovely comments on my last effort for Whom The Wheel Turns, and saw this comment from Graham! The naughty man! And here was I girding my loins { metaphorically speaking that is} and going in gung ho to defend your amusing poem!!!!!Cate xx

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (Poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Cate Greenlees

Thu 10th Sep 2009 09:36

Hi Isobel, just catching up on my comments. Thanks for yours on For whom The Wheel Turns.
Cate xx

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Cate Greenlees

Thu 10th Sep 2009 09:32

Hi Yo , just catching up on my comments. Thanks for yours on For whom The Wheel Turns.
Cate xx

Comment is about Yolande (Poet profile)

Original item by Yolande

bucket

Thu 10th Sep 2009 09:21

thank you. Its bucket...just a nickname is all

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Bucket

steve garside

Thu 10th Sep 2009 09:05

Hi Cate thanks for taking the time to read and make comment on 3am

steve x

Comment is about Cate (Poet profile)

Original item by Cate

andy n

Thu 10th Sep 2009 08:23

the last line was unexpected for me.. but nice one, tone!

Comment is about Pointless 7 (blog)

andy n

Thu 10th Sep 2009 08:22

different to the other which i read first, but there is a punch behind these certo.. good stuff!

Comment is about Unkind Gesture (Haiku's) (blog)

andy n

Thu 10th Sep 2009 08:22

havent done haikus in ages... you are getting me back in the mood for them.. nice stuff!

Comment is about Thaw (Haiku) (blog)

andy n

Thu 10th Sep 2009 08:20

totally agree with bucket, it really has a lovely natural rhythm.. did expect this for some reason cant explain to go really dark at the end but nice stuff..

Comment is about Ideal (blog)

Original item by Lydia

andy n

Thu 10th Sep 2009 08:16

nice stuff, tone.. shame the last line ran over as it makes the beat a little longer and perhaps is a little out compared to lines 1 to 3

Comment is about Pointless 8 (blog)

nicky burrows

Thu 10th Sep 2009 02:47

Think the devil could possibly be a 'she' dave, then again, for those who question theology, so could 'God'. We constantly mention 'Mother Nature'. Interesting thought.

Comment is about Kinsella ( parts v and vi ) (blog)

nicky burrows

Thu 10th Sep 2009 02:41

wow! have just read this, having a relaxing mooch after finishing working, saved it so i can peruse it tomorrow (hope you don't mind). would like to use Kinsella in one of my teaching sessions. scheduled a project for them to put images and music to poetry to create a mini film, would be amazing to see what they come up with, the imagery is so vivid.x

don't think we have seen the last of Kinsella.

Comment is about Kinsella ( parts v and vi ) (blog)

nicky burrows

Thu 10th Sep 2009 01:32

this poem gives me the feeling of a loss of control and disjointedness that makes me quite uneasy. 'semi-detached' sums it up quite well, that line from my personal and subjective viewpoint is the crux of the piece for me.

Like it. Brutal and to the point, but perplex and open for question. A thought provoking one.

Comment is about brain hemorrhage (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Thu 10th Sep 2009 00:59

?

Comment is about Nicky Burrows (Poet profile)

Original item by Nicky Burrows

Thu 10th Sep 2009 00:00

a very sever 'cut up' Steve

Comment is about mind chin (blog)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

Tony Walsh

Wed 9th Sep 2009 23:38

Great review, Dave. Thanks for your company. You need to get more practice at putting things up in the dark.

My guest blogging for Apples and Snakes on a website which spawned the My Place or Yours show continues at http://myplaceoryours.org.uk/ My own write up of the show will follow asap.

Meanwhile, I was well-chuffed with this review of my set at Big Chill in trendy indie mag The Fly

Hope to see you soon.

Comment is about Big Chill Festival (article)

Wed 9th Sep 2009 22:30

This is a nice piece of work Michael. Thoughtful and strong in a very delicate way. Not easy to achieve. I'm afraid that I am also at the doorstep of your journey.

Comment is about Beloved Stranger (blog)

Original item by michael shepherd

Isobel

Wed 9th Sep 2009 22:30

You cannot be serious Graham!!! Thankfully you're not or Cynthia might have thrown her tennis racket or mouse at you. Have just read your comments on Cynthia's profile - you are naughty but funny. Nice one Cynthia. x

Comment is about Three A.M. on an Old Computer (blog)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Wed 9th Sep 2009 22:13

Cynthia, I'm afraid that I have to confess to having been a little mischievous with my comments about the 3am poem. I was trying to test your reaction to some less than positive feedback following your comments in the discussions section.
The whole problem with so many different styles of poetry is that it is certainly almost impossible to balance what is good and what is obviously poor. With the more modern stuff, I think it's more like the emperor's new clothes, like modern art, if you don't get it, it's your problem.
So well done for being honourable, and a big slap for me for being disingenuous.

Comment is about Cynthia Buell Thomas (Poet profile)

Original item by Cynthia Buell Thomas

Steve Mellor

Wed 9th Sep 2009 21:49

Hi Dave
Amen to your thoughts.
Thanks for the comment though, and apologies again for the Haiku (if indeed that is what it was)
Steve M.

Comment is about Dave Bradley (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Steve Mellor

Wed 9th Sep 2009 21:00

Hi Cate
Thanks for the comment. I'm presuming chilling is ok?
This came to me after looking into a room used by Age Concern, where all the easy-clean chairs were set out around the wall. One other visitor couldn't bring themselves to go in to the room because of the memories it brought back, visiting her parents.
It just made me think
Steve M. :-))))

Comment is about Cate (Poet profile)

Original item by Cate

maipenrai

Wed 9th Sep 2009 20:59

Thanks Cate.
Bernie

Comment is about Don't (blog)

maipenrai

Wed 9th Sep 2009 20:57

Cheers Steve,
Bernie

Comment is about The Willows (blog)

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 152 304 456 608 760 912 1064 1216 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1368 1510 1511 1512 Next -->