Wed 3rd Mar 2010 13:01

I absolutely love this. It throbs with everything that makes poetry personal, powerful and fine art.

Do you always think like this, or do you foster a 'special poet's place' in your head?

'toeing' is unusual. I'm sure it's exactly what you wanted, but 'different'.

Comment is about Imaginary Friend (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Wed 3rd Mar 2010 12:42

Very interesting, because it could be almost 'anything' that is recognized as the ultimate calling card. I did find 'terror' and 'resignation' in the same face quite challenging. But no more than 'fear' and 'joy', I suppose.
Death is a common theme in your poetry.

Comment is about Eventual engagement. (blog)

nick armbrister

Wed 3rd Mar 2010 12:41

your poems have a dark/gothic quality Sarah, i like them!

Comment is about Sarah Cox (poet profile)

Original item by Sarah Cox

nick armbrister

Wed 3rd Mar 2010 12:37

hi i like your poem Places I Remember it has a hypnoptic affect, you have a way with words.

Comment is about Sister Solstice (poet profile)

Original item by Sister Solstice

Wed 3rd Mar 2010 12:35

I enjoyed this conversational style. The poem has some marvellous, novel images and thought associations.

'Am i writing in a really abstract way?' Marianne, you have to be teasing.

Comment is about A Girl Cries Upon Seeing a Solitary Magpie (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Andrea

Wed 3rd Mar 2010 11:46

Thanks for taking the time to read my poem 'Pulling a Sickie' Dave! I will look forward to reading more of your work :-)

Comment is about Dave Dunn (poet profile)

Original item by Dave Dunn

stefan wilde

Wed 3rd Mar 2010 10:44

Good morning Graham-ta lots for taking time to read and comment on my poem'home' your observation is very helpful.thanks-Stefan.

Comment is about Graham Sherwood (poet profile)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Andrea

Wed 3rd Mar 2010 10:13

Thanks for taking the time to make suggestions on my mouse poem Ann! I shall take your comments on board.

Comment is about Ann Foxglove (poet profile)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

winston plowes

Wed 3rd Mar 2010 09:56

Hi Ann.
You know when you get an idea for a theme and structure of a poem and it really works, well you have that here Ann. 1)The serpent theme. 2) The repetition in the first line 3)The undercurrent of sex?! 4) The punch line. I would be proud of this. If there is an improvement it may be in the 3rd and 4th lines of the first 3 stanzas which you might want to tweak. Nice Win :-)

Comment is about Eve's lament (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Ann Foxglove

Wed 3rd Mar 2010 08:15

Wait til you get to my age! ;-) Really liked the first verse. Then it got a bit difuse and complicated maybe! xx

Comment is about bRAIN RAcING (blog)

Ann Foxglove

Wed 3rd Mar 2010 08:12

What a cruel twist!

Comment is about life's a bitch (blog)

Original item by Banksy

kath hewitt

Wed 3rd Mar 2010 03:53

I have to say that i'm not entirely sure what this is, other than me thinking how my mind is sometimes, i suppose, I don't know,anyway............:-)

Comment is about bRAIN RAcING (blog)

Francine

Wed 3rd Mar 2010 03:10

You capture the sentiments of longing well Mirna...
I think that many can relate to this - I know that I can.

Comment is about More than Friends (blog)

Francine

Wed 3rd Mar 2010 00:27

I totally agree with Cynthia that the first verse can stand alone as a poem.

The idea you have expressed takes my breath away : )

Comment is about Adrienne (blog)

Original item by Tom

winston plowes

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 23:44

Hi M... fantastic this one W X (One for Sorrow. Will there be a sequell?)

Comment is about A Girl Cries Upon Seeing a Solitary Magpie (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 23:16

The alliteration spread over two lines is a lovely touch and works really well.

Comment is about Home (blog)

Marianne Louise Daniels

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 23:16

thankyou!

Comment is about A Girl Cries Upon Seeing a Solitary Magpie (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 23:14

It is really clever and very dense (in a good way) I think I may have said it before, in a Dylanesque way.

Comment is about A Girl Cries Upon Seeing a Solitary Magpie (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 23:12

Welcome to WOL Sarah. Loved the Freudian slips.

Comment is about Sarah Cox (poet profile)

Original item by Sarah Cox

Marianne Louise Daniels

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 23:12

Ha! thats ok. Am i writing in a really abstract way? I sometimes worry its too much but then i know exactly what I mean when i write and so i think "ahh, sod it!" However, this is not good if nobody can understand or get anything from it...

Comment is about A Girl Cries Upon Seeing a Solitary Magpie (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 23:07

Marianne, reading your work intrigues me but I just can't decipher it well enough. It's like buying a posh new camera that has lots of cool functions that you don't know how to use. You know its good, but not really how good. Believe it or not this is a compliment but I don't get it?

Comment is about A Girl Cries Upon Seeing a Solitary Magpie (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Mirna Arabi

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 22:04

Francine Louis........ Thank you so much,I Am happy that you liked it :)

Comment is about Moments By the Sea (blog)

Dave Bradley

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 21:20

Only just found this John. Cogent, punchy and something to always bear in mind. Well done

Comment is about Villanelle of Clifford's Tower (blog)

Original item by John Coopey

Francine Louis

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 21:16

Exquisite!
Beautiful images... especially the last verse.

Comment is about Moments By the Sea (blog)

Isobel

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 21:15

If only I'd known that ladies - I've been messing about in the wrong place - will have to do a recky. A super poem Ann - totally original!

Comment is about the back of my knee (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Francine Louis

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 21:11

Mmmm... Moi aussi j'adore l'endroit derrière mes genoux ; )

Comment is about the back of my knee (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Isobel

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 21:10

I would agree with Cynthia there - particularly on the first few lines. I think it would add to the eerie, ominous sense of what is coming.
From wavering snakes to the jaws of lions - your poetry shows such versatility Graham!

Comment is about Lion and Lamb (blog)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 20:57

Good one, Graham.
In my opinion, I would take out a few adjectives that are not really needed, and thus give this really tight descriptive power.

Comment is about Lion and Lamb (blog)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

Francine Louis

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 20:56

Oh là là... Que tu es vilaine !

Comment is about Milk Chocolate (blog)

Original item by Augusta Darling

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 20:22

For me, Thomas, this is more of an indulgent poem. Would you consider pruning out one third to a half of it? So much is so good. I offer this comment sincerely, because you have much of value to share. It is only my opinion which can be tossed in the bin naturally; but! would you try it? I'm itching to know what you would do.

Comment is about Age of Invention (blog)

Original item by Tom

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 20:15

You know how I admire your thinking and the expression of it. I believe all you needed to say in this poem is in the first verse which is rich enough to stand alone.

Comment is about Adrienne (blog)

Original item by Tom

Ann Foxglove

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 20:08

Nice interpretation Cynthia. I was thinking plain or milk, but I guesss you may have hit the nail on the head (as usual!)

Comment is about Milk Chocolate (blog)

Original item by Augusta Darling

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 20:08

It's one of the most sensual areas of the body, like the palm of the hand; funny that, the obvious and the super-shielded. This is a beguiling piece.

Comment is about the back of my knee (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 19:59

So - not an 'Othello' thing? Reminds me of the classic black-white sexual fantasy, and quite beautifully crafted too.

Comment is about Milk Chocolate (blog)

Original item by Augusta Darling

Ann Foxglove

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 18:23

Mmmm. Made me fancy a Magnum - pity the shop's shut! xx

Comment is about Milk Chocolate (blog)

Original item by Augusta Darling

Isobel

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 18:19

I must admit - I'm not overly fond of long locks on an aging man or woman LOL but whatever does it for you Dave! On your head be it. A fun poem, celebrating the need to determine one's own life - be it back hair or head hair - the choice is yours... I can identify with this. x

Comment is about Wild and woolly (blog)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Dave Bradley

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 17:32

Lovely. Lucky man.

Comment is about the back of my knee (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Cate Greenlees

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 17:29

Hi Beula, thanks for taking the time to comment on If I Could. I was trying to make the point that everyone has the right to make their own choices in life whether they be right or wrong. Its so easy to try to protect those you love, but in the end you cant live their lives for them.
Cate xx

Comment is about Beulah (poet profile)

Original item by Beulah

Cate Greenlees

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 17:25

Hi Anthony, thanks for your lovely comment on If I could. Much appreciated.
Cate xx

Comment is about Antony Owen (poet profile)

Original item by Antony Owen

Cate Greenlees

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 17:21

Hi Winston, many thanks for your lovely comment on If I could. Much appreciated.
Cate xx

Comment is about Winston Plowes (poet profile)

Original item by Winston Plowes

Cate Greenlees

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 17:19

Hi Rachel, sos Ive only just got round to thanking you for your lovely comment on my last poem... Ive had a horrid bug which has laid me up for the last few days. How amazing that you wrote your poem when you did.. like you say great minds!!!!! Although truth to tell theres nothing really new, just our own interpretation of how we see things. Sometimes something we read of others inspires us to write in a similar vein. I know this happened to me with the first poem I ever put up here called "My Little red haired laddie" {still one of my favourites} A poet called Nabila, dont think you ll remember her, shes left the site now, wrote a beautiful poem called "Green Eyes" about a family gene in Afghanistan which produced green eyes. It got me thinking about hereditary, and my little grandsons red hair which came from celtic ancestors generations ago and inspired my favourite poem! Sos I cant say yours did cos I hadnt seen it!! {My psychic link doesnt run to telepathy!!! lol}
Cate xx

Comment is about Rachel McGladdery (poet profile)

Original item by Rachel McGladdery

Augusta Darling

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 16:30

Yes I agree ... Knees must...

Love it Its very sensual.

Augusta x

Comment is about the back of my knee (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

John F Keane

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 15:40

Chris

The Chaviad music is by Clint Mansell. It is a remix of a track called 'Requiem for a Dream', which is used in the cult movie of the same name. He has composed a lot of Hollywood film scores, but this is his best.

A remarkable piece!

Comment is about J F Keane (poet profile)

Original item by J F Keane

Ann Foxglove

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 14:10

A sad one Thomas. Well written.

Comment is about Age of Invention (blog)

Original item by Tom

Ann Foxglove

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 14:08

Lovely poem Thomas

Comment is about Adrienne (blog)

Original item by Tom

Chris Dawson

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 13:32

Hi there,
Just heard 'Chaviad' on the poetry jukebox - absolutely loved it. Very inventive.
Can you tell me what the music you used is, please? I recognise it but can't place it.
Cx

Comment is about J F Keane (poet profile)

Original item by J F Keane

Chris Dawson

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 11:58

Oh - I really do like this, well done!
Cx

Comment is about Adrienne (blog)

Original item by Tom

Nichola Burrows

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 11:09

You grow that hair long Dave!! make a stand, think I may try dreads!! haha - retirement no excuse for me yet - maybe more mid-life crisis.xx

Comment is about Wild and woolly (blog)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Greg Freeman

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 10:37

Hi Rachel, I have a problem with poem titles too. I sometimes don't hit on the right one for several years! I assumed with Protection Poem that it was an undercover job, so to speak, ie that you'd sent it off somewhere with another title and were disguising it here, as discussed recently on a thread. It's a long time since my kids were that age, but I can still identify with that fierce feeling. Good luck with the competitions and magazines. After a year with the comps I decided that mags were a better bet in view of the odds, publishing between 25-50 poems an issue, as opposed to 1st,2nd,3rd, and possibly ending up with nothing in print. There is the chance of cash with the competitions though, I agree! Greg

Comment is about Rachel McGladdery (poet profile)

Original item by Rachel McGladdery

stefan wilde

Tue 2nd Mar 2010 10:25

I love this Kathryn.And I love people who note the little things in life,which in a lot of cases are far more interesting.Thanks-Stefan.

Comment is about Dead Wasp (blog)

◄ Prev 1 2 3 164 328 492 656 820 984 1148 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1312 1476 1629 1630 1631 Next ►