shoeless

Fri 28th May 2010 12:59

thanks for your comments on BIG DIAMONDS :)

Comment is about Anthony Emmerson (Poet profile)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

shoeless

Fri 28th May 2010 12:58

thankyou Gus x :)

Comment is about Gus Jonsson (Poet profile)

Original item by Gus Jonsson

kath hewitt

Fri 28th May 2010 12:57

Reptilian lowliness - like it very much!Nice to see you blogging again;-)

Comment is about Created or otherwise (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Isobel

Fri 28th May 2010 12:45

Have you altered this one? I seem to remember it reading differently.

Comment is about No Body (blog)

Original item by Michelle Marie

Winston (Admin)

Fri 28th May 2010 12:44

Hi Lee
Welcome to WOL keep posting! Winston

Comment is about LEE JAMES BLUNT (Poet profile)

Original item by LEE JAMES BLUNT

Michelle Marie

Fri 28th May 2010 12:35

Thank you, and likewise my friend.

Comment is about Graham Sherwood (Poet profile)

Original item by Graham Sherwood

stefan wilde

Fri 28th May 2010 11:55

Good morning Marianne-please accept apology for late reply on 'flawless blush'just back from days of knotted hankies and deckchairs etc-agree re alliteration comments indeed!appreciate your kindness-Stefan.

Comment is about Marianne Daniels (Poet profile)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

stefan wilde

Fri 28th May 2010 11:49

Good morning Alison.please excuse late reply for your kind comment on 'pure waste'(been on hols)thank you.Stefan.

Comment is about Alison Smiles (Poet profile)

Original item by Alison Smiles

stefan wilde

Fri 28th May 2010 11:44

Good morning Lynn.thank you for your regards(pre holiday)and comments on 'immortal intensity'hope you are well.catch you later-best wishes-Stefan.

Comment is about Lynn Dye (Poet profile)

Original item by Lynn Dye

barrie singleton

Fri 28th May 2010 11:43

Thanks for comment on mine Cate. I see we are both asking questions. 'That'll do Babe'.

Comment is about Cate (Poet profile)

Original item by Cate

Cate Greenlees

Fri 28th May 2010 11:09

Hi Barrie, theres a lot to think about in this one. A lot of moral and religious dilemmas highlighted here. I think this is a very brave poem and not one a lot would tackle. I only know one thing, the human race is very unlikely to "die out from a progeny dearth." The way mankind is increasing its more likely we`ll die out because this mother earth cant sustain us.... then God can "inherit the earth."
A thought provoking poem
Cate xx

Comment is about JOBSA GOOD'N (blog)

Original item by Barrie Singleton

Janet Ramsden

Fri 28th May 2010 10:57

Well it made me want to log in and comment. Bloody brilliant!
I needed a laugh today. Thanks :-)

Comment is about Pandora's Box (blog)

Original item by Dave Carr

Nash

Fri 28th May 2010 08:55

Thanks Ann. I know Renfield: played wonderfully by Lord Tom Waits in the Coppola version, completely insane, Dracula's pet...

...maybe you're right

Comment is about THE FLY (blog)

Original item by Nash

Isobel

Fri 28th May 2010 08:45

Us females tread a difficult path - how to have fun without being considered lightweight or vain....
Glad you liked the pic - let it never be said that I bow to pressure...xx

Comment is about Gus Jonsson (Poet profile)

Original item by Gus Jonsson

Alison Smiles

Fri 28th May 2010 08:42

Totally loved this - thank you for putting the effort in to a longish one with a great silly conclusion.

Comment is about Pandora's Box (blog)

Original item by Dave Carr

andy n

Fri 28th May 2010 07:58

lot off good bits in it, dave.. flowed really well - maybe a lil long for my taste but this is a pleasure to read!!!!!

Comment is about Pandora's Box (blog)

Original item by Dave Carr

Banksy

Fri 28th May 2010 07:44

Hi Cate - many thanks for your kind comments (sunday best) B.

Comment is about Cate (Poet profile)

Original item by Cate

Ann Foxglove

Fri 28th May 2010 07:06

Absolutely fab!

Comment is about Pandora's Box (blog)

Original item by Dave Carr

Ann Foxglove

Fri 28th May 2010 07:03

What an interesting poem! Somehow it sounds as if it was written by Renfield, a character who makes a very brief appearance in the book Dracula. But he eats flies. But I think he might cry about them too!

Comment is about THE FLY (blog)

Original item by Nash

Ann Foxglove

Fri 28th May 2010 06:59

AND ANOTHER THING! ;-) In Poetess, the verse I don't like so much and would have cut, Chris Dawson (whose opinion I very much value) says she likes that bit the best. So what's a girl to do?? Maybe it's best to write then leave for a month then take another look, but I simply cannot do that. When I write something I like to get it out there, then it's on to the next one.

Comment is about Gus Jonsson (Poet profile)

Original item by Gus Jonsson

Dave Carr

Fri 28th May 2010 06:22

Hi Anthony.
Thanks for comment on Pandora's Box. While you were commenting I was reading your poem about Neil and went on to read his story. Both pieces are so engaging and sensitively written. Something I shall read again I am sure.
I have a tragic story to tell from years gone by that affected my family. Will probably post it in August.
Best wishes. Dave

Comment is about Anthony Emmerson (Poet profile)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

Ann Foxglove

Fri 28th May 2010 06:05

Hi Gus - thank you for commenting on Poetess. Editing (editting?) scares the whatever out of me, I don't know why but that's probably a common thing with newish poets who haven't studied writing poetry. It's the fear of losing the good bits perhaps. If I try and edit this one, may I put it here as a comment on your profile page and see what you think? Or is there an editing school I can go to! ;-) xx

Comment is about Gus Jonsson (Poet profile)

Original item by Gus Jonsson

Chris Dawson

Fri 28th May 2010 03:21

Hi Anthony,
Thanks for your comments on 'Play Me' - really made me laugh, so pleased you liked the poem.
Cx

Comment is about Anthony Emmerson (Poet profile)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

Chris Dawson

Fri 28th May 2010 03:18

Hi there,
Thanks for your comment on 'Play Me', glad you liked it.
Cx

Comment is about Gus Jonsson (Poet profile)

Original item by Gus Jonsson

Chris Dawson

Fri 28th May 2010 03:16

Fantastic!
Cx

Comment is about Pandora's Box (blog)

Original item by Dave Carr

Chris Dawson

Fri 28th May 2010 03:15

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your comment on 'Play Me', glad you liked it.
Cx

Comment is about Dave Carr (Poet profile)

Original item by Dave Carr

Cate Greenlees

Fri 28th May 2010 00:29

Sounds good gal... Im partial to the odd diamond or two{or three} myself!
Cate xx

Comment is about BIG DIAMONDS (blog)

Original item by Shoeless Carole

Cate Greenlees

Fri 28th May 2010 00:25

A very amusing poem... made me laugh out loud! Its amazing how you put pairs of socks into the washer and loads of odd ones come out! At least I can now blame it on Pandora!!
Cate xx

Comment is about Pandora's Box (blog)

Original item by Dave Carr

winston plowes

Fri 28th May 2010 00:18

The Best! x

Comment is about Pandora's Box (blog)

Original item by Marianne Daniels

Anthony Emmerson

Fri 28th May 2010 00:15

Hi Dave,

You been spying on me? (Maybe not - even I wouldn't do socks with sandals!) A fitting illustration of why we shouldn't judge by appearances. Had to look up "crutonic" though - where did you find that one? Nunty (numpty?) and zooker had me floundering too - but any new words ae welcome!

Thanks for visiting "Neil" and your comments. I think that remembering Neil's story and the consequent parental warnings probably put me off potholes for life ("don't go near there or you'll end up like . . .") I'm really impressed you did the Cheese Press. For me the test seems so much more mental than physical - although I doubt they make potholes in my width these days!

Regards,
A.E.

Comment is about human being (blog)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Cate Greenlees

Fri 28th May 2010 00:13

Good one! Love to see if you can perform it without losing it! Maybe see you at the Tudor to test it out.
Cate xx

Comment is about human being (blog)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Cate Greenlees

Fri 28th May 2010 00:10

Hi B, I really like this poem... funnily enough I have been out in Thailand when the monsoon started, and I was just thinking of this experience before I read your comment to Chris! I also remember the cacophony of sounds the little frogs made... they seemed to be singing {or croaking} in different keys in harmony. A very evocative piece of writing which brought back some good memories!
Cate xx

Comment is about Sunday best (blog)

Original item by Banksy

Anthony Emmerson

Fri 28th May 2010 00:05

Hi Francine,

Thanks for visiting "Neil" and your comments. I'm glad his story touched you. I think we need to consider these things occasionally, if only to remind us that we're human.

Regards,
A.E.

Comment is about (Poet profile)

winston plowes

Fri 28th May 2010 00:04

Hi Alison. The first Lance poem I have ever seen! Win

Comment is about Falling hero (blog)

Original item by Alison Smiles

Anthony Emmerson

Fri 28th May 2010 00:02

I'm with Gus - the last pic was very short-lived!

Thank you for visting "Neil" and your helpful and generous comments. I agree with all you say re the audio. I'm not too sure what I'm doing with it at the moment - a learning curve; so any comments/technical assistance are/is appreciated. I'll have a play around with it, but I'm pleased you saw what I had in mind. Sorry if I made you cry - it makes me cry too when I think about him.

Regards,A.E. x

p.s. You miscalculated - it's "LI" not "LII" - "LII" is sooo next year!

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Anthony Emmerson

Thu 27th May 2010 23:52

Hi Banksy,

I've got a little behind (as the actress said . . . ) and am just trying to catch up through the blogs. Liked this alot, some clever and effective wordplay working towards a well-observed conclusion. I like stuff that makes me think a little - though I'm mostly ill-equipped for it.

re "Neil." Thanks for your very generous comments. Feel free to do with him what you wiil. (Took a brief look at your site and was very impressed - will be back for more.) I'd like others to know the story behind it too - but only if you feel it's appropriate.

Regards,
A.E.

Comment is about grasping at straws (blog)

Original item by Banksy

Anthony Emmerson

Thu 27th May 2010 23:44

Hi Cate,

Thanks for visiting "Neil" and your comments. I guess it's a story that's haunted me all of my life. It was a strange and somehow comforting experience to write about him and share it with people. I guess the truth of the story makes it more powerful. Perhaps truth is, as they say STRONGER than fiction. I'm pleased it touched you.

Regards,
A.E.

Comment is about Cate (Poet profile)

Original item by Cate

Anthony Emmerson

Thu 27th May 2010 23:39

Hi S.C. (I wasn't sure if it was Shoeless, or Carole - or both)

Thanks for visiting "Neil" and your comments.

I looked at this earlier but didn't have time to comment - and now notice (as others have) that you have exchanged boobs for bivouacs (prefer boobs myself, but then I would, I'm a bloke!)

Like the chap visiting the shrink who told him, "Doctor, some days I think I'm a tepee, others I think I'm a marquee."
" I see the problem" said the Doc, "You're simply too tense."

Wear those rocks with pride!

Regards,
A.E.

Comment is about BIG DIAMONDS (blog)

Original item by Shoeless Carole

Anthony Emmerson

Thu 27th May 2010 23:27

Hi Alison,

And thanks for visiting "Neil" and your comments. Good to see poetry on contemporary issues - and handled deftly with the weaving-in of technical and relevant expressions.

Regards,
A.E.

Comment is about Falling hero (blog)

Original item by Alison Smiles

Anthony Emmerson

Thu 27th May 2010 23:21

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your comments on "Visiting Neil." Any crit/crib is always welcome and valued. I'm not sure if you've read the note I posted shortly after; this may put the piece in a slightly different context.

This immediately put me in mind of Eminem's work. Fantastic manipulation of half-rhymes/off-rhymes and assonances throughout, tricking and toying with your reader's expectations to create that almost staccato effect. I always admire your obvious technical skills; when they are matched by content and context it just gets better.

Regards,
A.E.

Comment is about Bad Faith (blog)

Gus Jonsson

Thu 27th May 2010 23:05

You have returned to the defensive and aggressive pic again.... NEED yer legs!!!

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Anthony Emmerson

Thu 27th May 2010 22:59

Hi Ann,

And thanks for visiting "Neil." There seems to quite a lot of "sensual" stuff being penned by you ladies at the moment. Are they putting something in the water?

Just one small query - What's "foreplay?" ;-)

I always feel I ought to be trying to write something erotic from the male perspective, but haven't managed it yet. Women are so much better at it.

Regards,
A.E.

Comment is about the poetess (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Gus Jonsson

Thu 27th May 2010 22:57

Picasso roaming

foaming into the heart of a

Manchester coffee break

slipping out of her shoe

she bleeds into the the blue memory stones of somewhere

Squinting

Watching rose tinting Matadors
Paint out politicos with strokes of dazzle day sunlight

Comment is about That's what I call creative! (article)

Anthony Emmerson

Thu 27th May 2010 22:50

Hi Dave,

I'm a big fan of the use of dialect in poetry - and humour too. We are sometimes so serious about poetry we forget how to laugh. I'm glad that you're around to remind us. Got to keep those chuckle-muscles working!

Regards,
A.E.

Comment is about Pandora's Box (blog)

Original item by Dave Carr

Anthony Emmerson

Thu 27th May 2010 22:45

Hi Ann,

Apologies for not commenting on this earlier. You posted it when I was off-site for a while so I missed it; and only now (via a very circuitous route) have discovered it. You don't need to change anything in this, and I would second Banksy's comments - it's a beautiful poem, delicately and thoughtfully handled. If there were a riposte to Auden's "Funeral Blues" this would be it. The title draws the reader in (isn't Coromandel a fantastic word - in the same way that Timbuktu and Samarkand and Xanadu are?) There is only one thing wrong with this - I wish I'd written it!

Regards,
A.E.

Comment is about coromandel (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Gus Jonsson

Thu 27th May 2010 22:26

No mention of sex Carole.... save the reference to sexual intercourse and size ....

Quote - 'and fuck off big diamonds'

Mmmmmmm... it always comes down to the same old issues...

Wonderful poem!!

Gus xx

Comment is about BIG DIAMONDS (blog)

Original item by Shoeless Carole

Gus Jonsson

Thu 27th May 2010 22:14

a mouthful of poems...
come now...
... you don't expect me to swallow that, do you?

Seriously though this poem, which is good, could have , in my opinion, been superb if you had edited it a few times over.

Take your time... your work is worth it.

Gusxx

Comment is about the poetess (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Steven Kenny

Thu 27th May 2010 21:13

I like this one Kath! Sad and poignant :-)

Comment is about (blog)

Original item by Kath Hewitt

Dave Bradley

Thu 27th May 2010 20:25

This really gets the imagination going. Well written Steve.

Comment is about white cat hunting (blog)

Original item by stephen smith

Dave Bradley

Thu 27th May 2010 20:22

A marvellous piece of writing, and a remarkable story which really should be kept alive. So vivid and moving. I've been through the Cheesepress in Long Churn. Bad enough but kid's stuff compared with what Neil was doing.

Comment is about Visiting Neil (blog)

Original item by Anthony Emmerson

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 149 298 447 596 745 894 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1043 1192 1341 1485 1486 1487 Next -->