Rachel Bond

Thu 3rd Jun 2010 11:28

i love cat poems...have you read ts eliot's with his idea that a cat ahas 3 names?
love the last two lines also...what of the men who think thats cats may care?
my beau likes this x

Comment is about cat (blog)

Original item by Shoeless Carole

Caducus

Thu 3rd Jun 2010 10:14

Tommy - you're on the money with the comment in Stalingrad, the resourcefulness and desperation of the rape victim is supposed to be evoked in the close of this poem. I have not mentioned whether the soldiers perpetrating this particular crime to be of any nationality.

War does things to people that takes away humanity from some people yet strengthens the spirit of humanity in others.

Comment is about Tommy Carroll (Poet profile)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

andy n

Thu 3rd Jun 2010 10:12

Regarding 'In Stalingrad' got it second time, tommy after speaking to a friend who knows the history off this much better than me!

love it now!

Comment is about Tommy Carroll (Poet profile)

Original item by Tommy Carroll

kath hewitt

Thu 3rd Jun 2010 09:36

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your comment although i wasn't sure what you meant by 'agreeing' or not? What with in particular? My eye caught something about mary bell somewhere on the internet so i decided to have a look-see at her story,what i have written is just based on the basic points of the news reports. I am intrigued by murder and what makes people do these sorts of things, find it really interesting lol x

Comment is about Andy N (Poet profile)

Original item by Andy N

kath hewitt

Thu 3rd Jun 2010 09:33

Hi Ann,

I had hoped the nursery rhyme type thing worked! Thanks for your comments. I kind of do believe in evil as an 'living' entity but i think it's a sketchy area, particularly in a child so young. Does make me want to know more though. Look forward to seeing yours soon x

Comment is about Ann Foxglove (Poet profile)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

andy n

Thu 3rd Jun 2010 08:19

not sure if i agree with this totally without looking into the case further, kath but the way you have structured as per what ann said is true...

interesting stuff (will defo make a note to read up on this and come back with more thoughts)

Comment is about Look out, there are murderers about. (blog)

Original item by Kath Hewitt

andy n

Thu 3rd Jun 2010 08:16

some good stuff in here, Max.. particularly like 'Ephemeral ghosts that exist' but the use of language is simple but complex (if that makes sense) to me...

Comment is about Modern Love #1 - Texting (blog)

Original item by Max Wallis

Ann Foxglove

Thu 3rd Jun 2010 08:12

Hi Kath. I think it's very clever the way you have written this so that it sounds like a chant that kids might sing in the playground, like ring a ring a roses. There's a good book written ages ago by Gitta Sereny about Mary Bell. I think, for me, unless you believe in real evil as an entity in this world, you can't demonise a 10 year old child (and I'm not suggesting that you are.) That's just my own opinion and I'm sure many would disagree. I do agree that murder is fascinating. I just wrote a poem about Jack the Ripper actually!

Comment is about Look out, there are murderers about. (blog)

Original item by Kath Hewitt

shoeless

Thu 3rd Jun 2010 08:02

how do i tag ? i think we need to tag the cat poems :)

Comment is about cat (blog)

Original item by Shoeless Carole

kath hewitt

Thu 3rd Jun 2010 07:39

Hey S!
Mary Bell is a real person, my eye caught something on the net somewhere yesterday and hey presto... She served 12 years but when she came out she was given a new name etc and hidden and went on to have a child of her own.The two boys she killed were no more than babies really. I have a sort of sick fascination with killers i suppose! Neilson being very intriguing lol xx

Comment is about Patricia and Stefan Wilde (Poet profile)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

stefan wilde

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 23:37

Good evening Kath.Indeed,disturbing.Well versed.Lets hope the final judgement fits the crime! best regards-Stefan.

Comment is about Look out, there are murderers about. (blog)

Original item by Kath Hewitt

stefan wilde

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 23:33

Good evening to you Lynn.Lovely as always to hear from you,with your kind words.Now then,wheres the next romantic sequel from you? there again,good things are always worth waiting for eh.Keep well dear Lady.My best wishes to you.Stefan-x

Comment is about Lynn Dye (Poet profile)

Original item by Lynn Dye

ray miller

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 22:55

Lots of good lines in this, first three are very fine and the flick through the daily mirror. I thought it lost its way a little round about the black tendrils mark but an enjoyable read. Be even better if you used a spell-checker!

Comment is about Sleep Beaurocracy (blog)

Original item by Matthew Sergison-Main

Anthony Emmerson

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 22:46

How about a compromise - poems about eating a can of worms?

Regards,
A.E.

Comment is about Pandora's Box - Review (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Dave Dunn aka Rhumour

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 22:18

Hi Lynn, thanks for commenting on 'War Losses', much appreciated. Oh and welcome to the site too! :)
Best wishes
Dave

Comment is about Lynn Dye (Poet profile)

Original item by Lynn Dye

Lynn Dye

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 22:17

Lovely, always enjoy reading yours, Stefan x

Comment is about Seamless (blog)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Lynn Dye

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 22:15

Excellent, Dave and so true!

Comment is about War Losses (blog)

Original item by Dave Dunn

Steven Kenny

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 22:14

Creepy and disturbing! I like it! ;-)

Comment is about Look out, there are murderers about. (blog)

Original item by Kath Hewitt

Chris Dawson

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 21:02

I'm just delighted with my 'longest title for an award' award.
Cx

Comment is about Pandora's Box - Review (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Chris Dawson

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 20:52

Really good Max - I do like your work very much. The last two verses are simple and brilliant.
Well done
Cx

Comment is about Modern Love #1 - Texting (blog)

Original item by Max Wallis

Isobel

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 19:33

Not up to much, other than trying to keep kids occupied - at least we have some fine weather - that makes a nice change! May go to poetry pillow - could do with a night out and Max's set should be good. Maybe see you there. x

Comment is about Andy N (Poet profile)

Original item by Andy N

Banksy

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 18:58

sorry to be a smug smart-arse Dave, but I dont have a private pension - I did have until crashbangwallop then I cashed it in & never regretted it. I'm self-employed so I can carry on as long as I wish - I might slow down a bit, but I dont want to retire as such. I do feel sorry though for all the folks who do have pensions, shares etc who just got a lot poorer through no fault of their own. B

Comment is about Plan B (blog)

Original item by Banksy

stefan wilde

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 18:17

Having read your samples,I am assured you are going to shine on here,so brightly! Stef.

Comment is about Michelle Marie (Poet profile)

Original item by Michelle Marie

Dave Bradley

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 17:10

Ingenious, telling and difficult to disagree with. But what's YOUR pension fund invested in? There's more to this than oil and mismanagement. We all just got poorer

Comment is about Plan B (blog)

Original item by Banksy

andy n

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 13:14

Hi Isobel;

I was too tired to go to W.O.L. Sale on Tuesday.. One of those days in work! I am gonna make a effort for W.O.L. Stockport next Monday however and if I stay sober on Friday after work maybe Poetry Pillow! What are you up 2? x

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

andy n

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 13:12

that would do me in performing! lol

Comment is about Plan B (blog)

Original item by Banksy

Peter Mowat

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 12:47

Yeah it was a protesting farmer in Rhyl that he clocked.

Comment is about 2 JAGS + 2 JABS + 2 SHAGS = LORD PRESCOTT (blog)

Original item by Peter Mowat Poetry

Isobel

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 12:39

I think poetry on the theme of eating our children, might open up a whole can of worms best left unopened LOL. However, I agree that it would be good to do this again - though I think monthly feature might be asking too much of people. Perhaps if we did it every couple of months, we might get a better response.
The cynic in me thinks that Pandora could never be topped - but I'm happy to give it a try - also to take suggestions on themes.
Something that lends itself to lots of interpretation ideally...

Comment is about Pandora's Box - Review (blog)

Original item by Isobel

ray miller

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 11:58

I've not even asked a question, Cate. I've merely said that I'm thrilled to bits. Cop-a hoop, in fact.

Comment is about Pandora's Box - Review (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Michelle Marie

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 11:47

Wild like the flower -

(imagining your smile is as golden as sunshine...)

Thanks for views on 'except ourselves' Stef,

Michelle

Comment is about Patricia and Stefan Wilde (Poet profile)

Original item by Patricia and Stefan Wilde

Cate Greenlees

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 11:34

A big second to all these comments here! Isobel this has been great fun and Ive loved seeing how each poet has tackled this theme... each so different and each brilliant in its own way! Banksy I love humble pie myself...Ray ,like Isobel, Im willing to help resolve your question...Rachel Im not sure how we`d all deal with child canabalism but I` ll give it a try...Anthony nice to see you cringing before us all, but I agree we gotta do this again. I realise its a lot of work Isobel but its been so worthwhile I seriously think its worth continuing!
Cate xx

Comment is about Pandora's Box - Review (blog)

Original item by Isobel

Larisa Rzhepishevska

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 10:58

Very interesting and nice poem Lynn. What country are you from? You wanted to know if my name Larisa or Laura. Laura is short for Larisa. With warmest wishes, Larisa

Comment is about She Rides Again (blog)

Original item by Lynn Dye

stefan wilde

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 10:51

Good morning Lynn-very pleased that you are enjoying all the brilliant poems being blogged.I,m very grateful for your comments.Keep your romantic sequels coming! my best regards-Stefan-x

Comment is about Lynn Dye (Poet profile)

Original item by Lynn Dye

Larisa Rzhepishevska

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 10:47

Is it so difficult to read out?

Comment is about What is love? (blog)

Original item by Larisa Rzhepishevska

shoeless

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 10:34

due to popular demand :) well ian :) i have put the tit back

Comment is about BIG DIAMONDS (blog)

Original item by Shoeless Carole

Lynn Dye

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 10:24

Thank you Dave, so glad you liked it. Doh!! How did I manage to spell that wrong? Lol. And yes, the story continues....

Comment is about She Rides Again (blog)

Original item by Lynn Dye

Lynn Dye

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 10:22

Hi Larisa (or Laura?) Just listened and yes, it works for me. I think I would need a lot of practice in reading mine out - I can only write them! Love, Lynn

Comment is about What is love? (blog)

Original item by Larisa Rzhepishevska

ray miller

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 09:58

Ta for your thoughts on Brown Study. It reminds me now of Jane Austen TV adaptations. Mr Darcy!

Comment is about Isobel (Poet profile)

Original item by Isobel

Isobel

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 09:27

Good to see you posting Steve.
You paint a thoroughly horrible picture here - not the poem, but the character. I'm hoping it isn't based on someone real - though you must have drawn your inspiration from somewhere.
I think the bit about the beer and breast cancer sealed it for me.
Liked the legal imagery you slipped in - it all goes to build a case...

Comment is about The joke that leaves a sour aftertaste… (blog)

Original item by Steve O'Connor

Isobel

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 09:17

Yes - not easy to have fun or behave normally when you are in the public eye. I always remember that incident when someone in the crowd threw an egg at him and he tried to deck them one - was he the farmer? He was entertaining because he was more human than the average plastic politician.
Your poem illustrates that...

Comment is about 2 JAGS + 2 JABS + 2 SHAGS = LORD PRESCOTT (blog)

Original item by Peter Mowat Poetry

Isobel

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 09:13

Great to see the comedy aspects of Pandora rippling on long after her official closure... such is life...

You sound a little like the white rabbit in Alice and Wonderland. You'll have to find something more worthy of puffing and panting over now Dave...

Andy - I'm a bit dizzy like that also. Got all dolled up for Sale on Monday night to find it was on Tuesday - a date I couldn't make!

Comment is about Pandora (late again) (blog)

Original item by Dave Bradley

Ann Foxglove

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 08:53

Thanks Lynn for commenting on Gone. x

Comment is about Lynn Dye (Poet profile)

Original item by Lynn Dye

Ann Foxglove

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 08:51

Maybe it's a First Aid Kit in Pandora's box Dave! Hope the grazed elbow gets better soon! And thanks for nice comments on Gone. xx

Comment is about Pandora (late again) (blog)

Original item by Dave Bradley

andy n

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 08:10

like your sentiment, Dave.. with me - it'd probably be more of the fact I'd forgot (done that before now with things and sent them in too late - lol)

Comment is about Pandora (late again) (blog)

Original item by Dave Bradley

andy n

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 08:08

Err.. regarding 'Just a note' - yeah, I suffer from Dyspraxia which does make sure nonsense does appear from me every now and then! Ooops! lol x

Comment is about Kath Hewitt (Poet profile)

Original item by Kath Hewitt

Dave Bradley

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 07:00

I liked this too. It might be the scene after rain, which is a lovely thing to conjure up, but it's open for the reader to create their own interpretation.

Comment is about gone (blog)

Original item by Ann Foxglove

Dave Bradley

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 06:55

I liked this Lynn. Will the story continue?
PS spelling of reins

Comment is about She Rides Again (blog)

Original item by Lynn Dye

Mary Gillard

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 06:27

Loved your take on Pandora and Zeus, Dave. Encouraged me to put my Genesis Garden Revisited one on, under Humour. Thinks: I'd better get on with it then.. Happy days, Mary Gillard

Comment is about Pandora's Box (blog)

Original item by Dave Carr

Max Wallis

Wed 2nd Jun 2010 02:47

Ray - I took out the republicans and performed it tonight and it went down very well! I'll keep on tweaking it before it's in any sort of publication though. Thanks again!

Comment is about Red (blog)

Original item by Max Wallis

Larisa Rzhepishevska

Tue 1st Jun 2010 23:32

Please, tell me your opinion about my audio poems. With warmest wishes, Laura

Comment is about Lynn Dye (Poet profile)

Original item by Lynn Dye

Choose page: <-- Prev 1 2 3 150 300 450 600 750 900 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1050 1200 1350 1489 1490 1491 Next -->